Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:21:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Xbox 360 games list. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Xbox 360 games list.  (Read 29720 times)
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 14, 2005, 05:05:24 PM

For some reason I have a really hard time caring about the better sounding titles on that list since the vast majority of them will be on the PC.
Not if Microsoft can help it. Also, unlike the Xbox the Xbox 360 is not a "PC Compatible" so as future games take more and more advantage of the hardware the cost for porting such games over the PC will be more and more expensive.

Also ports tend to suck ass, considering that game designed with gimped console limitations that any self-respecting PC gamer will surpass within first 6 month its out.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 15, 2005, 12:43:28 AM

Also ports tend to suck ass, considering that game designed with gimped console limitations that any self-respecting PC gamer will surpass within first 6 month its out.
Counterpoint: Final Fantasy XI.

But yeah, it generally holds that console-to-PC ports flounder badly. Who thought Halo would succeed in the harsh field of PC FPSes just because it reigned on the no-competiton XBox platform?

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #37 on: May 15, 2005, 12:48:11 AM

I'm not sure you can use FFXI to prove anything.

EDIT: Rather, it cannot be used to prove anything Good.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: May 15, 2005, 08:58:58 AM

I have heard a lot about a DOA action/adventure game, so that is probably what code chronus is.  From my understanding that is ALSO going to come out before ninja gaiden 2, but team ninja loves changing their minds on a whim.

Now, the second reason for making Ninja Gaiden Black is that I wanted to show the power of Team NINJA's action game to the world one more time before we move completely to Xbox 360 development. Just as the Hurricane Packs were an investment towards Black, Black is an investment towards the future Ninja Gaiden 2. That is why the Ninja Gaiden 2 development staff is currently developing Ninja Gaiden Black.

From an interview with the head of Team Ninja. You see, development studios can work on more than one game at a time. That's why things like DOA and Ninja Gaiden Black can come out in the same year.
schild
Administrator

Reply #39 on: May 16, 2005, 07:35:55 AM

roflfake.

I know that video has made it's rounds. But I can't help but post a link. The demon in me wants Nintendo to screw up that spectacularly.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #40 on: May 16, 2005, 09:04:50 AM

Fallout MMORPG (working title)
Oh great another MMORPG with a dumbed down console interface.

This and Fallout4 is enough for me to start hating Xbox 360, even if its not true. WTF is wrong with just playing your games on good old PC with trusted and reliable keyboard and mouse and nice and shiny 1280x720 90Hz refresh monitor? Nutcuppers.

You mean other than the fact that even the most plug-n-play PC ISN'T really plug-n-play for Joe SixPack and Jane Rottencrotch? Other than the fact that if a PC breaks in the multitude of ways that PC's break (both software and hardware) most people know fuckall about how to fix it? Other than the fact that most people are out and out INTIMIDATED by the concept of running a PC for game purposes? How about the fact that even the most expensive consoles are generally about half the cost of a decent PC, with almost no maintenence issues (like defragging hard drives, virus protection, spam, etc.) and if the console breaks, you just buy another?

Seriously, the PC as a gaming platform has always been and will continue to be a niche market. An expensive niche market both to participate in and develop for. The margins aren't there, and never will be, not like they are on consoles. And the first mass-market MMOG will likely NOT be on a PC.

And I say this as a long-time PC gamer. But the hassles of a PC for the average person outweigh the benefits they will get from a console game, especially if all they want to do is game.

Strazos

Reply #41 on: May 16, 2005, 11:03:31 AM

roflfake.

I know that video has made it's rounds. But I can't help but post a link. The demon in me wants Nintendo to screw up that spectacularly.

I do think Nintendo has gone and lost their mind...

The concept seems intriguing, but I would have to actually MOVE to play a game? Hah...

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #42 on: May 17, 2005, 12:08:20 AM

So that's definitely fake, right?

I mean, the whole concept seems ridiculous, but the effort it'd take to build that video... just for the sake of a fake?

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Strazos

Reply #43 on: May 17, 2005, 12:19:06 AM

It was a pretty video, regardless of its authenticity.

Fear the Backstab!
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #44 on: May 17, 2005, 12:26:47 AM

The only thing that would lead me to believe it's a fake is the fact that Samus and Mario both looked VERY disproportioned.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #45 on: May 17, 2005, 07:28:34 AM

Dammit.  I went and watched the video.  The headset looks nice but I'd better not have to walk around to make Samus move.  I'm not able to do a space jump since I pulled my groin stomping on a koopa troopa.

I still don't see where the bread goes.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #46 on: May 17, 2005, 07:49:18 AM

"Secret Marvel Project"

I wonder if this is the Marvel MMOG that so little has been heard about. Heh, like most of the games on this list, it's a big wait'n'see.

Thus far Xbox360 has had one of the most rushed and least informative releases of the big platforms. Would it kill MS to wait a while and let info trickle out of the X360 devs about what will be released?

AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 17, 2005, 07:49:37 AM

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 17, 2005, 11:22:47 AM

So, looks like XBox is once again winning the ugliest system award.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Aenovae
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 17, 2005, 11:38:47 AM

BADASS.

I like the Xbox 360 hardware, but Microsoft lacks the sexay.
schild
Administrator

Reply #50 on: May 17, 2005, 03:06:37 PM

Ugly. The 360 is ugly too. The PS3 needs a wall mount above a TV. That would be BRILLIANT.

That is all. The 20 people that will buy the revolution are probably excited though.
Strazos

Reply #51 on: May 17, 2005, 04:11:34 PM

I would buy a Revolution before a PS3, out of principle.

Fear the Backstab!
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #52 on: May 17, 2005, 04:45:22 PM

I would have sex with Adriana Lima before Helena Christensen.

Strazos

Reply #53 on: May 17, 2005, 06:29:21 PM

As would I, out of principle.

Brunettes 4tw, etc etc.

Fear the Backstab!
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 17, 2005, 09:40:14 PM

Perfect Dark Zero will be a system seller, and has the potential to out-Halo Halo.

Bungie's strong point was always blending a good game with a great story.  Marathon's story is still decades beyond every other FPS. Myth was the adaption of the Black Company no one will ever see, besides being the best medieval tactics game out there. Hell, even Pathways into Darkness (the first modern fps/rpg).  Halo 1 had a good storyline even if it was moderately dumbed down.

I've had the sneaking suspicion that MS forced the Bungie guys to cut the Halo 2 story in order to force the series climax into a title to push the next Xbox system.  To the detriment of us all.
schild
Administrator

Reply #55 on: May 17, 2005, 09:47:23 PM

Deus Ex is better than Marathon. But it was obviously a fluke.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #56 on: May 17, 2005, 10:00:03 PM

So was System Shock.
schild
Administrator

Reply #57 on: May 17, 2005, 10:00:59 PM

So was System Shock.

And System Shock 2.

And House Party 3.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #58 on: May 26, 2005, 09:30:16 PM

As far as the overall game list, just remember that the 3DO claimed to have 300 games coming out for it. These lists are always BS.

hahhaha, I was about to mention the 3DO upcoming games list from back in the day. Shit I still have my 3DO sitting in it's box behind the couch in the lounge, to connect to the TV if we ever get the new place looking neat... I wonder which of the titles will still stand up as playable today?

Az

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #59 on: May 26, 2005, 09:35:13 PM

Second, those of you saying that MMOG's will be suck ass on a console are forgetting one thing that the X-Box live service has all over PC's. Built-in voice chat from the ground up.
No need for Teamspeak. No need to worry about compatible hardware. Self-contained, with multi-game friends list. I could see it. And if you start talking about adding peripherals like a keyboard (or selling an MMOG specific peripheral), you are talking more luv.

Fuck are you stupid? Did you not read that article written by the guy who was worried that voice comms in MMORPGs would fuck up his ability to pretend to be a female elf to all his online buddies? They'll hear our real voices, or dititized-messed-up ones, but it won't be enough to hide our manginas anymore!

Female elf impersonators FTW.
http://www.gamegirladvance.com/archives/2003/07/28/not_yet_you_fools.html

Az

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #60 on: May 26, 2005, 09:55:49 PM

What about Hayden Christiansen?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #61 on: May 27, 2005, 08:46:31 AM

Second, those of you saying that MMOG's will be suck ass on a console are forgetting one thing that the X-Box live service has all over PC's. Built-in voice chat from the ground up.
No need for Teamspeak. No need to worry about compatible hardware. Self-contained, with multi-game friends list. I could see it. And if you start talking about adding peripherals like a keyboard (or selling an MMOG specific peripheral), you are talking more luv.

Fuck are you stupid? Did you not read that article written by the guy who was worried that voice comms in MMORPGs would fuck up his ability to pretend to be a female elf to all his online buddies? They'll hear our real voices, or dititized-messed-up ones, but it won't be enough to hide our manginas anymore!

Female elf impersonators FTW.

Didn't you read my article on what's missing from the better MMOG's today? Besides compelling, new, innovative gameplay, that is.

Oh, and fuck virtual worlds. CONSOLE MMOG's are not going to be virtual worlds, because the mainstream DOES NOT WANT A VIRTUAL WORLD. They want a game with other people in it.

schild
Administrator

Reply #62 on: May 27, 2005, 08:47:35 AM

i want a virtual world

And who said consolers don't want a virtual world. Isn't The Sims 2 one of the best selling games EVAR AIAERFAISDHFASIDHF. I mean, it just needs to be a virtual world done right. TSO was not.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #63 on: May 27, 2005, 09:12:27 AM

The mainstream also wants PVP done right.

We see how that's gone.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #64 on: May 27, 2005, 09:25:43 AM

Fuck are you stupid? Did you not read that article written by the guy Female elf impersonators FTW.

Didn't you read my article on what's missing from the better MMOG's today? Besides compelling, new, innovative gameplay, that is.

Oh, and fuck virtual worlds. CONSOLE MMOG's are not going to be virtual worlds, because the mainstream DOES NOT WANT A VIRTUAL WORLD. They want a game with other people in it.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't actually trying to be an ass to you there. I was being sarcastic with regard to the insane guy who wrote not_yet_you_fools as the most pressing issue with regard to multiplayer voice comms is obviously the fact that guys will find it harder to pretend to be chicks.

Az

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #65 on: May 27, 2005, 10:00:00 AM

The vitriol in my post was really directed at the author of the article, not you.  :-D

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #66 on: May 27, 2005, 01:33:29 PM

Well, I can't have that.  The wedding gifts are just too much to pass up.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: June 15, 2005, 06:07:50 PM

Aenovae
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: June 15, 2005, 06:23:12 PM

The game looked and played like crap at E3.  But I'm glad to see Sega embracing modern games.  The best part about Scary Bad Men in the Dark is that it was my first time using the X360 controller.  Best Controller Evar.
schild
Administrator

Reply #69 on: June 15, 2005, 06:27:36 PM

Yea. It looks like the spiritual successor to the Dreamcast controller. I have a feeling the game will play about 500x better when the system is, ya know, not running on a dev kit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Xbox 360 games list.  
Jump to: