Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Xbox 360 games list. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Xbox 360 games list.  (Read 29721 times)
schild
Administrator

on: May 12, 2005, 06:57:47 PM

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
The Godfather
"Secret Marvel Project"
Black
Fifa Soccer 2006
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
SSX 4
The Urbz 2
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Burnout 4: Total Carnage
007: From Russia with Love
Fifa Street 2
Quake 4 (working title)
Tony Hawk's Underground 3 (working title)
Ultimate Spider-Man
Call of Duty (working title)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout 4 (working title)
Fallout MMORPG (working title)
Dead or Alive 4 (working title)

Dark Sector
Dead Or Alive: Code Chronus
Halo 2.5/Developer Cut
Condemned
Grand Theft Auto MMO (working title)
Halo 3
Fable 2 (working title)
Mortal Kombat 7 (working title)
Unreal MMO (working title)
Madden's ESPN NFL 2006 (working title)
Soul Caliber 3 (working title)
Dead Or Alive Xtreme Volleyball 2
Ninja Gaiden 2 (working title)
"The Untitled PolyPhony Project"
MechAssualt 3 (working title)
Avalon
WarCry
Cry Havoc
WarDevil
Jade Empire 2
Two Un-named RPG's by former squaresoft executive Hironobu Sakaguchi (Head of development company Mistwalker)
(Thanks to DualBlades).

Ahem. Luv.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 07:00:58 PM

Grand Theft Auto MMO (working title)

You owe me a clean pair of pants.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 08:09:15 PM

Source?

The bolded ones are what?  Things you just wanted to draw attention to?

Where did fallout 3 go?  And any fallout on a console will be dumbed down to the point where it can just suck my cock.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is bullshit, sure it will be an xbox title, IN A FEW YEARS.  They are doing DOA4 and then doing Ninja Gaiden 2.  From what I hear NG2 isn't even started yet and the next Ninja gaiden will be a dual screen game.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 08:24:48 PM

Oh great another MMORPG with a dumbed down console interface.

Dead Or Alive: Code Chronus
Still wondering what this game is going to be about. Maybe they'll say something at E3.

Unreal MMO (working title)
Hmm, is there finally going to be a PlanetSide competitor? Well it doesn't matter since console shooters suck.

"The Untitled PolyPhony Project"
Huh? Is this Polyphony Digital as in the makers of Gran Turismo as in the development house owned by Sony?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 08:27:46 PM

Ninja Gaiden 2 is bullshit, sure it will be an xbox title, IN A FEW YEARS.  They are doing DOA4 and then doing Ninja Gaiden 2.  From what I hear NG2 isn't even started yet and the next Ninja gaiden will be a dual screen game.
The DOA4 engine is what is going to power NG2, DOA:CC and DOAXV2 so yeah it's going to be a while before we see NG2.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 08:32:20 PM

For some reason I have a really hard time caring about the better sounding titles on that list since the vast majority of them will be on the PC.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 08:39:03 PM

I have heard a lot about a DOA action/adventure game, so that is probably what code chronus is.  From my understanding that is ALSO going to come out before ninja gaiden 2, but team ninja loves changing their minds on a whim.

I have seen videos of burnout 4 and frankly it looks no better than burnout 3.  Just 'more gritty' which actually makes it look worse.  Burnout 4 might come out for the 360, but it is not a next gen game.

I have also seen screens from DOA4 and the still are utterly uninspiring.  No better than DOA3 or beach vollyball.  The backgrounds and animations might make it a next gen game, but the models are current gen, hell, they ddin't even cast shadows on themselves, although the screenshots were anti aliased in at least 720p so it was either smoothed in post production or on a next gen system.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 08:41:49 PM

I'm very underwhelmed. Soul Calibur 2 was worse than the original, so I don't have high hopes for 3. DOA is a joke of a fighting game series. Truly awful in every respect. Fallout - the name is cool, but that's it. Just the mention of Fallout doesn't excite me. (Fallout Tactics anyone?) The names of PEOPLE are more important than the names of projects. The same goes for Perfect Dark for XBox 360. If all the people that made the original product good have left just having the same game name attached means nothing. Who is making Fallout 4 and Fallout MMORPG? That's an awful lot of sequels as well.

XBox 360 looks a lot like XBox original. If you like Halo and sports games, buy it. Yay.

Edit: How can anyone give a shit about DOA games? They are the bottom of the barrel of fighting games. I guess this isn't a fighting game website, but seeing people care about DOA is like seeing people on a MMORPG website talk up Lineage 2. DOA is the fighting game for people clueless about fighting games, even moreso than Mortal Kombat if that's possible.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 08:43:45 PM by Margalis »

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 08:42:49 PM

For some reason I have a really hard time caring about the better sounding titles on that list since the vast majority of them will be on the PC.
Not if Microsoft can help it. Also, unlike the Xbox the Xbox 360 is not a "PC Compatible" so as future games take more and more advantage of the hardware the cost for porting such games over the PC will be more and more expensive.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 08:44:34 PM

I'm very underwhelmed. Soul Calibur 2 was worse than the original, so I don't have high hopes for 3. DOA is a joke of a fighting game series. Truly awful in every respect. Fallout - the name is cool, but that's it. Just the mention of Fallout doesn't excite me. (Fallout Tactics anyone?) The names of PEOPLE are more important than the names of projects. The same goes for Perfect Dark for XBox 360. If all the people that made the original product good have left just having the same game name attached means nothing. Who is making Fallout 4 and Fallout MMORPG? That's an awful lot of sequels as well.

XBox 360 looks a lot like XBox original. If you like Halo and sports games, buy it. Yay.

That is like saying if you like kiddie games buy a nintendo.  Or if you don't like Rockstar don't bother with a PS2.  WTF?  Overgeneralize abit lately?

Please keep the stupid away from the children.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 08:57:34 PM

Not if Microsoft can help it. Also, unlike the Xbox the Xbox 360 is not a "PC Compatible" so as future games take more and more advantage of the hardware the cost for porting such games over the PC will be more and more expensive.

Oblivion is going to PC first, Fallout 4 is going to PC, and unless the developer wants to be very poor, the Fallout MMOG is going to be PC as well.

Ditto for Quake 4 and Call of Duty.

I swear to god, if Fallout 4, Oblivion, or Call of Duty get designed with the Xbox in mind first, I'm going to find Steve Ballmer and kick his dick in.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 09:07:05 PM

The more I look at that list the dumber it becomes.  It is just a random assortment of games that are eventually going to come out for some system somewhere, sometime in the future.

There are games that have been shown in videos with the xbox 360 logo splashed on the bottom that are not even ON that list.  Tom Clancy Ghost Recon 3, Perfect Dark Zero, and others I am surely forgetting.

And madden 2006 is not a next gen game either.  Madden 2006 is what is hitting gamecube and ps2 and xbox this fall.  Any xbox2 next gen madden has not been named yet and is tentatively called 'madden next gen' (and the videos shown of that are NOT ingame videos, but rendered screens that were thought to LOOK like the game might look like).  EA is claiming the real game looks a lot better than the videos, but of course they would say that as the videos look like shit.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 09:57:26 PM

That is like saying if you like kiddie games buy a nintendo.  Or if you don't like Rockstar don't bother with a PS2.  WTF?  Overgeneralize abit lately?

It's a simplification but there is no denying that Halo/Halo2 is what made the system in the US - and what unmade it in Japan where nobody cares about console FPS. No single game for any system did more than Halo did for the XBox.

As far as the overall game list, just remember that the 3DO claimed to have 300 games coming out for it. These lists are always BS. The Rare game Kameo: Elements of Power was supposed to come out for the Cube a few months after launch, and now it's an XBox 360 game! (That game wins an award for game most delayed that nobody gave a shit about to begin with)

The XBox list is a bunch of predictable sequels and some games that will come out for the PC. I'm underwhelmed, but again these sorts of lists are always BS anyway so it doesn't matter.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 13, 2005, 03:10:04 AM

No single game for any system did more than Halo did for the XBox.

http://www.ntrautanen.fi/marko/sao/kokoelma/images/2600_space_invaders.jpg

A close second in that category. ;)

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 08:13:42 AM

First off, the X-Box 360 is NOT just a consoled-up PC. Porting it to the PC, unless they've specifically made paths to do just that, should not be as easy as it supposedly was for the X-Box. Those of you who are expecting that, do not hold thine breath for fear you might turn blue.

Second, those of you saying that MMOG's will be suck ass on a console are forgetting one thing that the X-Box live service has all over PC's. Built-in voice chat from the ground up. Along with a lot of other things like matchmaking and friends list that cross games, etc. I contend that IF DONE WELL (a lot to ask of any MMOG dev team), they are BETTER suited for consoles, especially if you start throwing in instancing, etc. I do not believe any MMOG released today could not have been done decently on a console, because really, the main gameplay elements JUST AREN'T THAT COMPLEX. / commands do not count as complex, they count as antiquated and lazy development.

No need for Teamspeak. No need to worry about compatible hardware. Self-contained, with multi-game friends list. I could see it. And if you start talking about adding peripherals like a keyboard (or selling an MMOG specific peripheral), you are talking more luv.

schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 08:15:32 AM

Hip Games™ Announces “Call of Cthulhu: Destiny’s End”
Survival Horror Game Based on H.P. Lovecraft’s World Scheduled to Ship in 2006

Toronto, CANADA – May 13, 2005 – Hip Games™ is pleased to announce the signing of “Call of Cthulhu: Destiny’s End,” a third-person survival horror game based on the works of revered author H.P. Lovecraft. Developed by Headfirst Productions, the game opens in a contemporary setting deeply entrenched in the perverse world of Cthulhu mythos. In a unique twist to the horror genre, “Destiny’s End” will require the player to control two different characters that are dependant on each other for survival. “Call of Cthulhu: Destiny’s End” is scheduled to launch in 2006.

I love it when I'm right. And faster than a speeding press release.
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 10:13:07 AM

First off, the X-Box 360 is NOT just a consoled-up PC. Porting it to the PC, unless they've specifically made paths to do just that, should not be as easy as it supposedly was for the X-Box. Those of you who are expecting that, do not hold thine breath for fear you might turn blue.

Shirley, you jest!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 11:27:50 AM

And I expect it to work like a rubber crutch in a hospital ward. Sure, it looks like it's supposed to do what it sounds like, but I'll be damned if the mechanics of it are a bit wonky.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #18 on: May 13, 2005, 12:39:46 PM

Fucking consoles. I'm going to retire from gaming. Did we learn nothing from Deus Ex 2? Go ask Ion Storm.

This slippery slope is lubricated with shit.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 13, 2005, 12:40:47 PM

MS has been moving towards tools that allow people to develop for XBox, PC and other platforms as easily as possible. I doubt they will change that strategy.

Edit: I mean developing for simultaneously.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 13, 2005, 03:21:03 PM

Aren't Xbox 360 games suppose to cost $75 a pop?

- Viin
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: May 13, 2005, 03:21:57 PM

That was bullshit splattered on news by people not IN the gaming industry specifically discussing EA games.

If other developers are stupid enough to fall in line for that, I will cry.
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 13, 2005, 06:13:12 PM

I too will add myself to the evergrowing side of the unimpressed. But hell, I wasn't impressed with the origial Xbox either and it turned out to be great for my sport games due to it's HD ( I fucking hate how thoose games can eat up a memory card ).

Now I may come off as very doom and gloom, but I really think MS needs to get alot more games ( and more diversity ) if they plan to beat Sony in the race to the top. Most titles look like they would play better on the PC or be atleast as good if given the opportunity to be ported, that shit ain't gonna cut it if you want to win the console market.

No single game for any system did more than Halo did for the XBox.

I'd like to point out that Super Mario Bros. did a fucking lot for the NES.

Wiiiiii!
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: May 13, 2005, 06:16:20 PM

It may not count for revenue or worldwide anything but:

I was able to convince Haemish to get a Gamecube JUST for Resident Evil 4.

And he's thanked me.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #24 on: May 13, 2005, 07:53:40 PM

That was bullshit splattered on news by people not IN the gaming industry specifically discussing EA games.

If other developers are stupid enough to fall in line for that, I will cry.
Game publishers have actually been pretty good about keeping the cost of games steady even as costs go up (console games actually cost less to buy than they used to) so to make up for the added costs they've been releasing "Collector Edition" versions for certain games and I would expect this practice to increase as we move into the next generation of console systems. So yeah there will be $75 Xbox 360 games but those will the CE versions.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 13, 2005, 08:03:45 PM

Apparently the XBox 360 show on MTV was crap, from what I hear none of the games looked any better than current XBox or even PS2 games.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #26 on: May 13, 2005, 08:14:16 PM

Shirley, you jest!
I know you are being facetious but to expound on what I said earlier the Xbox 360 is going to be different enough that even with whatever "stuff" Microsoft provides through their XNA gobbleygook it's going to be a challenge to port things from the Xbox 360 to the PC and vice versa. The biggest problem that I see is that the Xbox 360 and PS3 are going to be more powerful than your typical gaming PC, which is the first time this has happened. That means that developers who are busy taking advantage of the multiple cores/processing units in the upcoming consoles will be taking a step back when trying to back port to the PC, at least in terms of processing power. Even though multi-core CPUs are coming to desktop PCs it's going to be a long time before they are standard so these nextgen consoles are going to have an advantage for quite a while processing power wise (on the GPU side, PCs will catch up pretty quick).

Another other big problem is that the Xbox 360 is a PowerPC CPU which means that any assembly coding that you do for it has to be rewritten for x86 assembly if you want to keep those performance optimizations when porting to the PC and that's just a fricking pain in the ass and adds to the porting costs. I would suspect that the first few iterations of Xbox 360 games will mostly stick to the XNA stuff that Microsoft provides but as has been the tradition on previous console systems, as developers become comfortable developing on the new platform they start to write lower and lower level code to take as much advantage of the hardware as possible.

The last major problem I see is that the PC gaming market continues to shrink and I expect that trend to accelerate given the power of these nextgen consoles so there will be less and less reason for publishers to make PC-versions of their games.

Edit: fixed typos

« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 09:32:15 PM by Trippy »
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #27 on: May 13, 2005, 09:51:09 PM

The biggest problem that I see is that the Xbox 360 and PS3 are going to be more powerful than your typical gaming PC, which is the first time this has happened.

Uh, no it isn't. The PS2 and even the Xbox had better graphical capabilities than the most boss gaming PCs at the moment of their release. The Xbox's modified GeForce 3-ish GPU was better than any card on the market at the time.

Naturally, it didn't last very long, and neither will this.

schild
Administrator

Reply #28 on: May 13, 2005, 09:53:34 PM

I think, for at least 2 years, the costs of building a PC like the Xbox360 will be Cost. Prohibitive. That said, There's only 2 types of games I prefer to play on a PC. RTS and FPS. No doubt there will be a mouse and keyboard for the xbox, so really, it's all moot since the games will support 1080i. I would have no problem setting aside my PC, despite my love for the Model M.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #29 on: May 13, 2005, 10:24:10 PM

The biggest problem that I see is that the Xbox 360 and PS3 are going to be more powerful than your typical gaming PC, which is the first time this has happened.
Uh, no it isn't. The PS2 and even the Xbox had better graphical capabilities than the most boss gaming PCs at the moment of their release. The Xbox's modified GeForce 3-ish GPU was better than any card on the market at the time.

Naturally, it didn't last very long, and neither will this.
I was referring to both the CPU(s)+GPU in terms of performance. The Xbox's GPU was nice for its time but it was paired with a slightly gimpy P3 derived CPU (P3 core with less cache so it was slower than P3 but faster than Celeron equivalent). Also you can't really compare the graphics output of the original Xbox games to what you could get on the PC since you are talking about 640x480 resolution equivalent for the Xbox (~NTSC standard) to 1024x768 or more on the PC and the video RAM is shared and limited on the Xbox so you give up texture quality compared to PC cards with dedicated RAM. With the Xbox 360 being 720p minimum, that's essentially the same as 1024x768 on a gaming PC so consoles will finally match PCs in terms of resolution with this upcoming generation.

Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 14, 2005, 06:39:38 AM

The Xbox's GPU was nice for its time but it was paired with a slightly gimpy P3 derived CPU (P3 core with less cache so it was slower than P3 but faster than Celeron equivalent). Also you can't really compare the graphics output of the original Xbox games to what you could get on the PC since you are talking about 640x480 resolution equivalent for the Xbox (~NTSC standard) to 1024x768 or more on the PC and the video RAM is shared and limited on the Xbox so you give up texture quality compared to PC cards with dedicated RAM. With the Xbox 360 being 720p minimum, that's essentially the same as 1024x768 on a gaming PC so consoles will finally match PCs in terms of resolution with this upcoming generation.

A friend has been playing Doom3 on my XBOX and it looks every bit as good and plays as smooth as I've seen on a PC. It took getting a GF6800 for my PC to get equivalent quality textures and framerate. I won't quibble performance benchmarks -- I'm sure the XBOX doesn't hold up in numbers comparisons. But in play experience, and simply subjective look on screen, it holds up. It's totally title dependent though -- I've seen games on the XBOX that totally suck vagina.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
WonderBrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 14, 2005, 11:42:27 AM

Perfect Dark Zero will be a system seller, and has the potential to out-Halo Halo.

"Please dont confuse roleplaying with rollplaying. Thanks."   -Shannow

"Just cuz most MMO use the leveling treadmill doesn't mean I have to lower my "fun standards" to the common acceptance. Simply put, I'm not gonna do that."  -I flyin high
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 14, 2005, 11:53:33 AM

Assuming it ever comes out.  Rares current in-developement games have been in developement since before the gamecube was release.  Not to mention you can get very goldeneye/perfect dark-esque experience with Timesplitters, although that requires giving money to EA.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: May 14, 2005, 03:28:07 PM

Again, Kameo: Elements of Power was supposed to come out for the Cube, and now it's an XBox 360 game. Perfect Dark Zero is either going to be an XBox game playing on XBox 360 or take another 5 years to come out. Either way, Rare doesn't have much of their original talent left, and talent is what's imporant. Quick, name the last good Rare game.

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 14, 2005, 05:01:38 PM

Oh great another MMORPG with a dumbed down console interface.

This and Fallout4 is enough for me to start hating Xbox 360, even if its not true. WTF is wrong with just playing your games on good old PC with trusted and reliable keyboard and mouse and nice and shiny 1280x720 90Hz refresh monitor? Nutcuppers.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 05:13:15 PM by sinij »

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Xbox 360 games list.  
Jump to: