Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:41:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Build and Play Times 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Build and Play Times  (Read 16072 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #35 on: May 10, 2005, 05:48:57 AM

I found a good avatar for Stray!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #36 on: May 10, 2005, 05:50:56 AM

Who's that?!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37 on: May 10, 2005, 05:52:14 AM

It's the Green River Killer!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #38 on: May 10, 2005, 06:41:59 AM

Ooh...

Well, I named my toon after the Credence Clearwater song. Maybe a Tom Fogerty avatar would be better?
e_bortion
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 11, 2005, 07:51:42 AM

E Bortion - My everchanging pvp character slot
Tard Killer - 20 E/N
Newb Killer - W/N
Rivet Head - R/Mo
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 11, 2005, 08:09:06 AM

Now trying out a R/E (Mark/Fire) named Saracen Hargos.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #41 on: May 11, 2005, 12:44:09 PM

I don't have pre-set play times.  It's pretty random.

You can find me as:

Gratiano De Ombra- currently 10 Necro/Mesmer
Saulot Aten- lowbie Monk/Ranger

Yup, first names shamelessly stolen. Mwahaha.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #42 on: May 13, 2005, 01:35:24 AM

Lvl 8 now

I want to express my hate for this game, but I don't know where. Which leads me to another thing: I also want to express my hate for the fact that there isn't one thread dedicated to hate in the Guild Wars section.

And lastly.....EDIT: That last bit is just a new can of worms I don't feel like dealing with. Carry on.

EDIT: Btw, I'm a Ra/E

No apparent problems really, but maybe I should try something else?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 03:44:21 AM by Stray »
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #43 on: May 17, 2005, 10:37:34 AM

Hoaxe Doombringer (gah fuck having to come up with a last name...)
N/Mo (no idea why)

lvl9 currently, after one solid day of playtime (read: ~8-10hrs)

God I hate my skills, I need good ones and its like the quests just keep giving me shite upon shite.  There are like only 4 curses I dont think have potential I think I have all of them.

I'm always down to work with other humans so far my two 4pc parties worked fine to get me through some missions with little-0 trouble.  Too bad the xp from mobs is pointless, I'm leveling entirely on 1k bonus + other quest xp.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 24, 2005, 02:06:39 AM

Picked this up at the weekend and I'm now Deldaine Ramas R/W10.

So far I don't see what all the fuss is about Rangers sucking, because they don't, or at least mine hasn't through 1-10. My damage doesn't seem all that different from the Elems, espeicially with the pet damage added, and my range is better if I pay attention to terrain (at least, I always find myself standing furthest back and pinging away - maybe the silly wizards are standing too close). This game has the best implementation of RPG archery I can remember.

All this may change at higher levels obviously.

My current general use skill bar is ...

Summon make-archers-better-spirit.
Ignite arrows (adds aoe dmg to each arrow).
Power Shot.
Dual Shot.
health-regen-thing.
Make-armour-better-shout.
heal pet.
pet.

In a group with monks I can usually drop my health regen for another group buff or rez sig. I probably need to find more disruption skills.

Question. How do I rename my pet?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 04:55:26 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #45 on: May 24, 2005, 06:51:14 AM

You type /petname PetNameYouWantHere

And voila. Pet is renamed.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 24, 2005, 07:32:15 AM

You type /petname PetNameYouWantHere

And voila. Pet is renamed.

THANKYOU. Now, why the hell can no MMOG dev ever maintain a moderately up to date list of slash commands. Hmm?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #47 on: May 24, 2005, 10:13:58 AM

THANKYOU. Now, why the hell can no MMOG dev ever maintain a moderately up to date list of slash commands. Hmm?

Because that's tantamount to asking software developers to document their code?
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #48 on: May 31, 2005, 11:31:00 AM

I also don't understand the Ranger-hate.

My pet has helped me immensely as I am n00bles (level 7) with no friends to join me in quests. I get so sick of my bling getting ganked by my "party member", who is usually some asshole I had to lap-dance to get help from. I hate HATE it when I'm sitting here wailing on something forever and dude comes up and deals the finishing blow and gets my goodies. SO not fair! My cat was a higher level than I was when I got him, and he doesn't take my loot. And if I make a blood horror, hell that's like having a party of 3 n0obs!

I'm a ranger/necro and I've invested mostly in marksmanship and blood spells. My favorite and most-oft used spells are the one that drains the enemy while giving me their health, and the one that make my arrow stronger. I also like Vampire Touch very much, but it uses a lot of energy.

I'm Savoy Voodoolily (I wanted to just be voodoolily but meh.). I think my new character (if I ever make one) will be named Rajin Morningwood.    :-D

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #49 on: May 31, 2005, 11:37:57 AM

Rajin Morningwood.

I hear the name "Aborted Fetus" just opened up...
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #50 on: May 31, 2005, 11:41:00 AM

Rajin Morningwood.

I hear the name "Aborted Fetus" just opened up...

rofl

Well at least Morningwood sounds like all the legitimate pussy names people already use.

Edit: Oh, btw: my play time will prolly be somewhat inconsistent. The only reason I even started playing is because I got the husboyfriend addicted to Animal Crossing (which is basically the same as a MMOG without all the annoying real-people players. if you think about it). He'll want to play again eventually, in which case we'll share. But for now, it's gonna be 6ish to 10ish PST, depending on what's on TV.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 11:47:16 AM by voodoolily »

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #51 on: May 31, 2005, 04:37:40 PM

Rangers can lay the beatdown, in smaller scale pvp they are quite deadly in 4v4 but I find they loose allot in 8v8.  Their AoE's are not on par with the caster ones instead they are great single target damage and even better interrupt/knockdown bishes.

Add in a hp regen and speed buffs from just their primary class and they are pretty damn nice imo.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Build and Play Times  
Jump to: