Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:33:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Organizing a Group 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Organizing a Group  (Read 29489 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #70 on: May 18, 2005, 10:49:56 AM

I put Twinkle Muffin in my friends list from the start but only saw you online once. I sent you a tell but you didn't reply.  Of course, you were probably still happy with your convict Aussie guild back then anyway.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #71 on: May 18, 2005, 11:59:59 AM

I put Twinkle Muffin in my friends list from the start but only saw you online once. I sent you a tell but you didn't reply.  Of course, you were probably still happy with your convict Aussie guild back then anyway.

Whoops!  My bad.  Who knows what the problem could have been?  Combat?  AFK?  The wife screaming up the stairs?  I am a Polish Sausage wrapped in an enigma.  Try yelling at me repeatedly, that sometimes works.  I don't look at the chat box a whole lot, apparently, but I will usually chat with anyone in the desperate hope of making a friend.

As for attendance... I suck at that.  Needy wife + 16-month-old son = short, random play periods.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #72 on: May 19, 2005, 08:13:06 AM

WTH is a Twinkle Muffin Huh?

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #73 on: May 19, 2005, 08:37:08 AM

WTH is a Twinkle Muffin Huh?

Cream Filling +1

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #74 on: May 19, 2005, 09:34:34 AM

Ah er, ha?

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #75 on: May 19, 2005, 10:12:09 AM

OK, really:
Lv 9, El/Me, Glyph of Lesser Energy, Conjure Phantasm, Flare, Flare, etc.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: May 19, 2005, 10:12:44 AM

PopTart, that avatar is really grossing me out for some reason.

- Viin
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #77 on: May 19, 2005, 10:15:22 AM

PopTart, that avatar is really grossing me out for some reason.

six nipples + two balls = eight reasons to be sick

Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #78 on: June 16, 2005, 12:41:53 PM

Quick question about the following:

- Diversion (Domination)
The next time target enemy uses a skill, that skill will take an additional 50 seconds to recharge.
Energy:10  Cast Time:1.48  Recharge:5

This is the only skill in the build discussed at the very beginning of the thread, and I was wondering if for the purposes of this spell at least if "skill" means only non-spells, or if it is a poor phrasing of "any skill or spell".

I seem to have noticed that interrupts only work on spells, so I was wondering if the reverse is true for this particular spell.

Rumors of War
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: June 20, 2005, 04:33:40 AM

Skill is anything on the skill bar.

Interrupts can work on anything that takes time to do (has a green progress bar). Some things are 'easily interruptable' meaning almost anything stops it, some skills specifically call out that they interrupt spells, and some skills cause knockdown which interrupts practically anything with a green bar.

This is only based on my observations, not actual knowledge of the rules or anything fancy like that.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 06:05:10 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #80 on: June 20, 2005, 02:13:23 PM

You can actually interrupt nearly any skill, even ones that seem to be nearly instant.  It's just very, very hard to do.  Like, almost impossible to time it.  Basically, you have to get lucky.  But it can be done.

Some abilities specifically note that they interrupt spells.  Power Leak, for example, is one of these.  Some abilities will interrupt any skills- Leech Signet is one of these, as is Cry of Frustration.  You have to look carefully at the language for a skill.

Also make sure that you don't just assume that all your abilities are spells.  I've found that, as a N/Me, Blackout, Vampiric Touch, Vile Touch, Plague Tough, and a few other things are actually not spells at all but rather just plain "Skills", which means I can use them through stuff like Backfire with no problems.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Organizing a Group  
Jump to: