Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:23:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Organizing a Group 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Organizing a Group  (Read 29457 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: May 11, 2005, 01:47:53 PM

I'm switching to Air or Water/Curse. Decided to a while ago, but since i'm only PVEing til 20, Fire rocks.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #36 on: May 11, 2005, 01:57:48 PM

but since i'm only PVEing til 20
don't be a nancy boy!

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: May 11, 2005, 02:05:16 PM

but since i'm only PVEing til 20
don't be a nancy boy!

I'm level 18.5. I think I can be a nancy boy for like...a day.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #38 on: May 11, 2005, 02:41:17 PM

I am glad I pvped with my necro in the ascalon arena, because I found out I hated it.

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #39 on: May 11, 2005, 02:44:43 PM

I am glad I pvped with my necro in the ascalon arena, because I found out I hated it.

Hated what? I love my necro and can only assume your build was boring.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #40 on: May 11, 2005, 03:09:23 PM

How would you know?  You haven't PvPed with Schild Is Dead.  IMHO, the spells are too slow and too expensive.  It would would be better as N/E, or Me/N but at this point I'd rather be E/Mo. But W/Me will stay my main, for now.

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: May 11, 2005, 03:12:48 PM

The slow spells are corpse/hex stuff. It's reasonable. The quick shit from elementalist offsets that. Also, with highend gear, a lot of your shit comes off as fast-casting.

I couple Glyph of Lesser Energy (and hopefully Glyph of energy in the future) with my necro spells also, so they cost...nothing. Most of my more costly spells are elementalist stuff.

Edit: And I always play a N/E in pvp. Why would I need to PvP with my main?
e_bortion
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 12, 2005, 08:48:36 AM

Edit: And I always play a N/E in pvp. Why would I need to PvP with my main?

N/E is my favorite too.

I tested which was better, soul reap or energy storage (n/e vs e/n). In the tombs, soul reap is DEFINATELY the better of the two since so many people are dying repeatedly. Necros also get better armor than eles.

My build is purely defensive support - Earth(12)/Blood with a bit in death (for well of profane) and soul reaping.

Life Siphon (still can't find life transfer!)
Armor of earth
Blood Ritual (+3 mana regen target other buff)
Rend Enchantment
Ward against foes
Ward against elements
Ward against melee
Well of profane

This build will win King of the hill matches and capture the flag matches (ward against foes is PBAE slow).

Also it is great for protecting priests. The best way to protect your priest is to ward him, and mana buff him (a priest with mana will heal every friendly around him, and himself, making him uber).
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #43 on: May 12, 2005, 09:05:47 AM

Regardless of the PvP vs RPG char issue or even the necro issue, it my understanding the you (Schild) have played a only a few games of PvP in GW. So, my point is I'd hate to be a position of leveling character through the PvE to only find out the I dislike that class in PvP.

Necros aren't bad, just not for me. Which is good because the guild has plenty of Necros all ready.

"Me am play gods"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #44 on: May 12, 2005, 12:26:56 PM

Necros aren't bad, just not for me. Which is good because the guild has plenty of Necros all ready.

Because we are EVIL.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #45 on: May 12, 2005, 12:57:33 PM

Because we are EVIL.

You have to work on that enunciation.  Think Mermaid Man from Spongebob.

It's "Because we are Evvviiiillllll!"

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #46 on: May 12, 2005, 01:04:53 PM

Because we are EVIL.
Ha, you haven't choosen a main yet!

"Me am play gods"
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #47 on: May 13, 2005, 07:41:09 AM

Now now kids, lets not bicker.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #48 on: May 13, 2005, 09:13:49 AM

I have too chosen a main!  I have 8 mains!

Don't pick on me.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #49 on: May 16, 2005, 07:28:27 AM

I have too chosen a main!  I have 8 mains!

Don't pick on me.

<3
WayAbvPar

Reply #50 on: May 16, 2005, 10:30:32 AM

Don't worry Signe- I will be around to level with you when everyone else has moved on. I got busy doing other stuff the past week and am stuck at like level 11 with my first character. Maybe the strat guide release will fire me up  :-D

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #51 on: May 16, 2005, 10:33:29 AM

Don't worry Signe- I will be around to level with you when everyone else has moved on. I got busy doing other stuff the past week and am stuck at like level 11 with my first character. Maybe the strat guide release will fire me up  :-D

Strat guide will maybe be out next week. Maybe.

Also, I'm level 14 now. Pheer.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #52 on: May 16, 2005, 10:49:33 AM

Level 5 and still pre-searing with mah main (r/me).  Thinking of rolling a smite monk (Healbot Alpha shouldn't have gone to searing at level 2).

Of course, I'm still on the crack, so that slows my leveling down quite a bit.

-Rasix
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #53 on: May 16, 2005, 11:00:21 AM

Level 5 and still pre-searing with mah main (r/me).  Thinking of rolling a smite monk (Healbot Alpha shouldn't have gone to searing at level 2).

Of course, I'm still on the crack, so that slows my leveling down quite a bit.

Do a Monk/Mesmer focusing on smite and anti-caster spells like backfire.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 16, 2005, 11:18:30 AM

I tried a Wa/Mo and took all smite and healing spells. It didn't work out too well because you only have 2 energy recovery instead of four. For some reason the custom PVP wizard also gave me a wand instead of a weapon even though it was a Wa/Mo. Must have been because I speced all the monk attributes instead.

Maybe I should try it again and take two healing signets instead of spells.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #55 on: May 16, 2005, 11:31:49 AM

I can always count on you, WAP!  I'm sure, long after most have left, I'll still find you and your mates wandering around wearing a Bat Country guild tag.  I actually grouped for half an hour or so with Taz today, which was nice.  I'm so far behind everyone now that I can't help but mock myself.  No need for anyone else to help! 

By the way, I've ordered a strategy guide.  Everyone feel free to mock me for that, if you must.

Strazos

Reply #56 on: May 16, 2005, 11:32:19 AM

When using PvP templates, just scroll down to the other weapons when you configure your equipment...though it will be red if your relevant weapon skills are below 8 or 9.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #57 on: May 16, 2005, 11:33:21 AM

I'm sure, long after most have left, I'll still find you and your mates wandering around wearing a Bat Country guild tag. 
Guild tags, yes. Emblem, no.

By the way, I've ordered a strategy guide.  Everyone feel free to mock me for that, if you must.

I won't but schild will.
Strazos

Reply #58 on: May 16, 2005, 11:48:01 AM

Only little n00bler cockmunch kids need a guide.

Only because you asked for it...

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #59 on: May 16, 2005, 12:20:58 PM

Only little n00bler cockmunch kids need a guide.

Only because you asked for it...

I just ordered one as well. I want to be able to blow through all the PvE crap in a hurry so I can get my skills for PvP. This is what disposable income is all about!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #60 on: May 16, 2005, 12:57:22 PM

I hit 13 this weekend and just got to Yak's Bend. Suddenly, an assload more content opened up for me. I've come to find out that the content has little to do with your level, and all about what missions you've completed.

WayAbvPar

Reply #61 on: May 16, 2005, 01:06:13 PM

I hit 13 this weekend and just got to Yak's Bend. Suddenly, an assload more content opened up for me. I've come to find out that the content has little to do with your level, and all about what missions you've completed.

That is knd of what I figured. Since I didn't play in beta, I am totally clueless about what the right missions are, or even what skills exist that may be useful. I am hoping Prima comes through for me. And I hope they include an index for Shockeye.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #62 on: May 16, 2005, 01:10:32 PM

The missions are somewhat linear. I suppose you could do Fort Ranik before doing the Great Northern Wall, but for the most part, you are rewarded by doing them as opposed to just exploring to find the travel signets. Each one has given me 1,000 xp + a skill point.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #63 on: May 16, 2005, 01:13:59 PM

The missions are somewhat linear. I suppose you could do Fort Ranik before doing the Great Northern Wall, but for the most part, you are rewarded by doing them as opposed to just exploring to find the travel signets. Each one has given me 1,000 xp + a skill point.

If you do the bonus you get another 1,000 xp.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #64 on: May 16, 2005, 03:17:34 PM

Yep, though you sometimes you have to take you time to explore the mission area to even find the bonus mission.  Where the hell was that ice drake?

BTW, Haem, im on the edge of hitting 14 and have failed the fricking story mission after Yak's Bend like 7 times (Frost Gate I think?).  Every time I get through the first half only get gang raped when two groups combine on me trying to open the 3 gates.  Two enemy healers plus 6 casters take down my peons quickly.  I almost put my fist through my monitor twice this weekend.  So if I see you online, I gladly share the pain.  Wandering around 5 level about my henchman ain't good.

Well, it's either that or I don't like my W/Mo nearly as much as I though I would.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: May 16, 2005, 04:38:17 PM

BTW, Haem, im on the edge of hitting 14 and have failed the fricking story mission after Yak's Bend like 7 times (Frost Gate I think?).  Every time I get through the first half only get gang raped when two groups combine on me trying to open the 3 gates.  Two enemy healers plus 6 casters take down my peons quickly.

Do the lever on the right, then the lever in the middle, and finally the lever on the left. You will get raped once you do the lever on the left but as long as at least one person stays alive you'll win. You have to kill the guys guarding the left lever to even get to it though because they are blocking the way. Maybe do the lever and then run away. I'm pretty sure I died but my henchmen were still alive and completed the mission.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #66 on: May 18, 2005, 09:07:00 AM

Despite a total lack of time, I'll still be PVEing with a couple toons when I can.  Twinkle Muffin is level nine I think, maybe ten, El/Me.  I'm having a lot of fun destroying things with Conjure Phantasm and Flare, but I am really looking at getting some Air-knockdown shit.  You know, for teh win.  The Pre-Searing one is Ghora No Vurith, Wa/Ne, which is sort of fun at level three: life tap and wail.

Looks like the guild I invested effort and money in has evaporated.  Damn roleplaying Aussies.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: May 18, 2005, 09:12:48 AM

Shoulda joined Bat Country.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #68 on: May 18, 2005, 09:42:24 AM

Shoulda joined Bat Country.

Shoulda invited me. =)

If you see me, hit me up.  I'm easy.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: May 18, 2005, 09:42:55 AM

Yep, though you sometimes you have to take you time to explore the mission area to even find the bonus mission.  Where the hell was that ice drake?

Blow up the rocks by that dwarf (chick? I think) behind the gate.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Organizing a Group  
Jump to: