Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:59:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Achewood. Again, people! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Achewood. Again, people!  (Read 90245 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #70 on: January 13, 2008, 06:56:53 AM

I'm just of the opinion that anyone that doesn't like Seinfeld doesn't like Larry David. And not finding Larry David's writing for Seinfeld absolutely brilliant just means you don't like fun. And you can always pick out the Larry David stuff. It's a lot meaner and sharper than the stuff Seinfeld wrote.

They weren't as "on" as many Seinfeld fans would leave you to believe, but when they got it right, they got it better than anyone else.

The mailbag/airport gambling episode was just a stroke of genius. And I hate to even bring up the backwards/wedding episode. If you don't find them funny and brilliant at the same time, you're broken. And I hope you take it personally. Broken. For sure.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: January 13, 2008, 11:48:41 AM

No, that's also shite, since Curb Your Enthusiasm is funny.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #72 on: January 13, 2008, 12:51:48 PM

And you can always pick out the Larry David stuff. It's a lot meaner and sharper than the stuff Seinfeld wrote.

The only episode that I remember as having been written by Larry David was the series finale.  Which was far and away the worst episode they ever made, relentless cameos or no.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #73 on: January 13, 2008, 02:59:58 PM

And you can always pick out the Larry David stuff. It's a lot meaner and sharper than the stuff Seinfeld wrote.

The only episode that I remember as having been written by Larry David was the series finale.  Which was far and away the worst episode they ever made, relentless cameos or no.
He was basically the head writer for seasons one through seven, then he left.  I think one of the reasons the finale sucked was because he came back after two years of not doing Seinfeld.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #74 on: January 13, 2008, 04:20:03 PM

THIS IS NOT THE SEINFELD THREAD!!!!!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: January 13, 2008, 04:23:43 PM

THIS IS NOT THE SEINFELD THREAD!!!!!

But it'd become the shit comedy thread, so people just assumed Seinfeld fit.  Rimshot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #76 on: January 13, 2008, 06:27:17 PM

No, that's also shite, since Curb Your Enthusiasm is funny.

That's a matter of opinion. Mine is that I couldn't get through one episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, and I loved all but the last 2 seasons of Seinfeld.

schild
Administrator

Reply #77 on: January 13, 2008, 08:51:19 PM

Ironwood just doesn't like fun. All he was doing was confirming the truth of my post with his followup post.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #78 on: January 14, 2008, 09:41:40 AM

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: January 14, 2008, 11:38:17 AM

VDL, I'm trying so hard to get it. But I just don't.  swamp poop

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: January 14, 2008, 11:45:27 AM

That comic, and yesterday's, are probably the worst ones to show to new readers.  swamp poop  They're not really trying to be funny.

You really do have to start at the beginning of the archives and get to know the characters.  And read the blogs linked on the main site (most of the main characters have one), which are awesome as well.  But yeah, it's not for everyone. 

Although it did win Time Magazine's graphic novel of the year. 

... That's not helping the whole pretentious thing, is it?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS   
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #81 on: January 14, 2008, 11:47:23 AM

I knew this one would be totally out of left field, but it is still great.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #82 on: January 14, 2008, 11:49:35 AM

No, it isn't.

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #83 on: January 14, 2008, 11:50:39 AM

Go fuck yourself.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #84 on: January 14, 2008, 11:55:45 AM

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #85 on: January 14, 2008, 11:56:55 AM

That comic helped me to realize that Achewood is like a less funny xkcd.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: January 14, 2008, 12:05:31 PM

For all you haters.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #87 on: January 14, 2008, 12:08:17 PM

Ok, seriously, how bout you people that don't like Achewood stay the fuck out of this thread?  Before you say more stupid shit like this.  I mean, I don't come into your threads about things I think are stupid and take dumps there.  What the hell is wrong with you?
DeathInABottle
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: January 14, 2008, 12:10:04 PM

A couple favourites, from my halfway-done reading of the archives:

Also, here's a brilliant incorporation of Seinfeld, for all you two-time haters:

Aaaaaaand I'd like to add that lesion's link to the description of killing as a basketball game is the funniest strip ever.

Edited to fix broken link.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #89 on: January 14, 2008, 12:13:52 PM

Ok, seriously, how bout you people that don't like Achewood stay the fuck out of this thread?  Before you say more stupid shit like this.  I mean, I don't come into your threads about things I think are stupid and take dumps there.  What the hell is wrong with you?
The thread is about trying to get people to like this retarded comic, it even starts with a question.  We're answering that question.  If you ask "Why aren't y'all reading this?" and then don't like the answers that's your God damn problem, if the internet is too tough for you stay the fuck off it.

Edit: Link added
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 12:59:12 PM by Miasma »
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #90 on: January 14, 2008, 12:15:03 PM

Miasma, you can also go fuck yourself.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #91 on: January 14, 2008, 12:15:49 PM

Same to you VDL, you drama inspiring attention whore.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #92 on: January 14, 2008, 12:16:29 PM

The thread is about trying to get people to like this retarded comic, it even starts with a question.  We're answering that question.  If you ask "Why aren't y'all reading this?" and then don't like the answers that's your God damn problem, if the internet it too tough for you stay the fuck off it.

The same people keep coming in here - According to you antagonized by a thread title - and saying the same shit, and I'm the one with the problem.  Okay.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #93 on: January 14, 2008, 12:20:28 PM

Yeah, I'm such an attention whore that I stay out of public forums completely to avoid fuckheads like you. Get out of my sandbox, prick.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #94 on: January 14, 2008, 12:20:36 PM

The thread is about trying to get people to like this retarded comic, it even starts with a question.  We're answering that question.  If you ask "Why aren't y'all reading this?" and then don't like the answers that's your God damn problem, if the internet it too tough for you stay the fuck off it.

The same people keep coming in here - According to you antagonized by a thread title - and saying the same shit, and I'm the one with the problem.  Okay.
The same people keep coming in here, posting their favorite comics, attempting to win us over.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #95 on: January 14, 2008, 12:23:51 PM

Yeah, I'm such an attention whore that I stay out of public forums completely to avoid fuckheads like you. Get out of my sandbox, prick.
If you stayed out of public forums completely then we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?  Why don't you do everyone a favor and stay in your little private forums.

Edit:  And I thought you weren't allowed to post from work anymore, what happened there?  Man that was a fantastic day when you went silent, no more spamming the boards with one hundred posts a day about the inane shit that goes on in your life.  And now it seems you're slowly creeping back, bad news.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 12:25:55 PM by Miasma »
schild
Administrator

Reply #96 on: January 14, 2008, 12:23:59 PM

Voodoo, what did I say about being mean because you're not smoking?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: January 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

DeathInABottle
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: January 14, 2008, 12:26:39 PM

You're all getting dramatic when you could be talking about The Saddest Thing.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: January 14, 2008, 02:01:00 PM

See I thought there was a website where this stuff was hosted so people who liked it could go there... posting it here seems ot be more about showing off you like it rather than just appreciating it. The two posted by DeathInABottle are funny. Fuck you.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #100 on: January 14, 2008, 05:48:48 PM

I thought it was a valuable insight.   Sad Panda  Before that revelation I couldn't have told you why Achewood occasionally got a chuckle out of me.  Now I know.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #101 on: January 14, 2008, 11:22:56 PM

You know what I haven't had in a while?

Big League Chew.

awesome, for real

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: January 14, 2008, 11:37:21 PM

What about Stawberry Cheesecake?  awesome, for real

Miasma it's a little off-putting for you to stray into clearly personal territory in a thread about mildly funny comics of all things.

It's a thread about comics - lighten up. If you want to be nasty for no reason come do it in Politics.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #103 on: January 15, 2008, 12:07:21 AM

Miasma once accused me for abusing my Den posting privileges. Don't mind him.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #104 on: January 15, 2008, 12:10:59 AM

In his defense, VDL kind of made it hostile first by insulting the people disagreeing with her then just typing Fuck You as a response to random criticism.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Achewood. Again, people!  
Jump to: