Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:51:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Achewood. Again, people! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Achewood. Again, people!  (Read 90022 times)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #140 on: January 16, 2008, 07:40:49 PM

I'm amused about how anything about me is "spot on". I hate religion, for one. And if I've ever gotten "emo" about the subject, it's when some people put their blinders on to that, ignore anything I'm actually saying, and start turning me into an opponent for their own little reasons. The idea of me leaving the site because of religion is absurd.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #141 on: January 16, 2008, 07:43:12 PM

Don't listen to Hoax, Stray.  He's glib.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #142 on: January 17, 2008, 09:01:47 AM

Plus I fully support the use of 'th word maudlin under any circumstance.  You know what I haven't read in awhile speaking of comics, Bloom County, my good buddy had every book and those were some fucking amazing strips.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #143 on: January 17, 2008, 09:27:40 AM

Birthday twin to the rescue! Form of: water bucket!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #144 on: November 09, 2008, 12:00:13 AM

Finally, a funny Achewood. Someone posted this on another site. Maybe it's in this thread, maybe it's not. I'm not going to start reading it, I just wanted to make reference I found one funny and it's this one:

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #145 on: November 09, 2008, 04:42:09 AM

Agreed, got a chuckle out of that.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Poor VDL and her Achewood thread.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #146 on: November 10, 2008, 08:22:52 AM

You want to taste the curb. YOU WANT TO TASTE THE FUCKING CURB.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: November 10, 2008, 11:21:09 AM

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #148 on: November 10, 2008, 12:46:03 PM

Good one, but wrong thread.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: November 11, 2008, 10:03:51 AM

Blast. I could've sworn I saw PBF comics earlier in here! Either way, my bad.
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #150 on: November 12, 2008, 06:00:59 AM

Ha, I hate achewood. The strip is just bad. It doesn't really do anything right. It is neither funny, nor random/absurd enough to become funny. It is perpetually stuck in this unfunny limbo...Really, really terribly strip.

On the other hand, I fucking love Tim and Eric. (someone mentioned it early in the thread) It is just absurd, bizarre randomness. That show is all over the freaking place. It makes me laugh at things when I don't actually want too.. Those guys are super weird. 

Perry Bible Fellowship, in my opinion is one of the best strips out there. Aside from being clever, Gurewitch is a fantastic fucking artist.

He is currently on hiatus, but his last strip is still funny to me...

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 06:03:20 AM by HAMMER FRENZY »

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #151 on: November 12, 2008, 08:32:08 AM

THERE IS ALREADY A PBF THREAD.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #152 on: November 12, 2008, 10:07:41 AM

It just keeps on giving.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #153 on: November 12, 2008, 01:14:18 PM

Why did you rez this thread?  You KNEW what was going to happen.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #154 on: November 12, 2008, 01:15:13 PM

I'm so sorry.

It's not my fault here that people choose to talk about this stuff instead of good comics, like Red Meat and Wondermark - the latter of which I wish I knew about a long time ago.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #155 on: November 12, 2008, 06:11:42 PM

I like that comic but this has been bugging me since I saw it.  If she popped when he twisted wouldn't that mean she was "pure"?  YES I WOULD LIKE TO ARGUE ABOUT THE LOGIC OF A PEANUT BUTTER JAR MARRYING A JAM JAR COMIC!

Also, bad memory thread should have stayed dead, I don't hate you voodoo I was just in a bad mood, I apologize.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: November 13, 2008, 03:03:18 AM

I have never understood a Achewood comic. Even AFTER it has been explained to me. I'm just missing that part of the brain or something.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #157 on: November 13, 2008, 09:47:06 AM

I have never understood a Achewood comic. Even AFTER it has been explained to me. I'm just missing that part of the brain or something.

There's nothing to get. There's no punchline. It's like watching a cartoon or reading a blog - you only find it humorous or entertaining if you care about the characters and/or their personalities and antics amuse you.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: November 13, 2008, 09:51:30 AM

Don't feel bad Miasma, I had the exact same thought and I felt dirty for analysing the physics of a comic about people with jars for heads.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #159 on: November 13, 2008, 10:31:05 AM

I like that comic but this has been bugging me since I saw it.  If she popped when he twisted wouldn't that mean she was "pure"?  YES I WOULD LIKE TO ARGUE ABOUT THE LOGIC OF A PEANUT BUTTER JAR MARRYING A JAM JAR COMIC!

Also, bad memory thread should have stayed dead, I don't hate you voodoo I was just in a bad mood, I apologize.

S'cool, I ain't mad. I think I was going through smoking cessation when all that bile came out, so it was prolly my fault anyway.

I agree with you though, that her "cherry" was popped by Peanut Butter, therefore she was pure. The premise of this strip is flawed.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #160 on: November 13, 2008, 10:32:39 AM

I thought Peanut Butter was popping her top before unscrewing her lid, like you'd do in the store.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #161 on: November 13, 2008, 11:23:40 AM

The lid says that the button WILL pop if her seal is broken. I'm thinking Peanut Butter expected not to hear the pop, meaning she was pure. Hearing the pop meant she was a whore.

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: November 13, 2008, 04:02:36 PM

This thread has become even more terrible than it was before, this is the worst derail ever.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: November 13, 2008, 04:34:13 PM

There's nothing to get. There's no punchline. It's like watching a cartoon or reading a blog - you only find it humorous or entertaining if you care about the characters and/or their personalities and antics amuse you.

So you only find it funny, if you find it funny?  Ohhhhh, I see.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #164 on: November 13, 2008, 04:47:54 PM

Peanut Butter Man wasn't unscrewing the lid when it popped - just bumped against the button part!

(Also: Achewood is funny.)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 04:51:45 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #165 on: November 14, 2008, 05:53:42 AM

Peanut Butter Tested her for freshness. The saftey seal clicks or pops when you press it, if it does, then the jar has been opened already. You usually test this at the store. So The comic is completely correct, and amazing.  Ohhhhh, I see.

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #166 on: November 14, 2008, 05:15:32 PM

That comic, and Achewood, were both funny. <3

God Save the Horn Players
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #167 on: November 14, 2008, 09:50:21 PM

Peanut Butter Tested her for freshness. The saftey seal clicks or pops when you press it, if it does, then the jar has been opened already. You usually test this at the store. So The comic is completely correct, and amazing.  Ohhhhh, I see.
But if it goes pop then it's pure.  The comic is wrong.  If at any point you open jam and hear a pop then that means no one else has opened it.  It's a vacuum seal, if you don't hear a pop that means someone else has already opened it.

None of you fuckers eat jam with butter and toast do you?
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #168 on: November 14, 2008, 10:10:06 PM

But if it goes pop then it's pure.  The comic is wrong.  If at any point you open jam and hear a pop then that means no one else has opened it.  It's a vacuum seal, if you don't hear a pop that means someone else has already opened it.

Well once it's been popped you can keep popping the now-flexed freshness thingy.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: November 15, 2008, 01:16:46 AM

I'm with you man.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: November 15, 2008, 01:26:41 AM

F13: Where we take comics way too seriously.   awesome, for real
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #171 on: November 15, 2008, 06:30:51 PM

I'm so sorry.

It's not my fault here that people choose to talk about this stuff instead of good comics, like Red Meat and Wondermark - the latter of which I wish I knew about a long time ago.

Did we forget to give you a Bay Guardian to read when you were in SF?  Red Meat is pretty awesome.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #172 on: November 16, 2008, 12:47:27 AM

Red Meat is published in like every alternative paper in every major city.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #173 on: November 16, 2008, 05:33:10 PM

Red Meat is published in like every alternative paper in every major city.

Doy.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #174 on: November 17, 2008, 05:51:06 PM

It popped while closed. THAT is how you test it. If you couldn't test it until you took the lid off that means you'd be buying without testing! Madness.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Achewood. Again, people!  
Jump to: