Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:15:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2022 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2022  (Read 7591 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #35 on: August 01, 2022, 09:27:20 AM

Watson suspended for 6 games

Anonymous sources of course, since it hasn't been publicly announced yet. But if true, that is some serious bullshit. Time to see the 0-17 Browns.

A quarter of a game for every woman he sexually assaulted. Neat.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #36 on: August 01, 2022, 09:31:18 AM

The AP article is written backwards cause they buried the part where the league was asking for a full season and they have a chance to appeal the ruling / send it to arbitration still.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #37 on: August 28, 2022, 06:15:50 PM

There’s a cornerback on the Jets roster named Rachad Wildgoose. If there isn’t a “wild goose chase” reference at least once this season, I’m going to be terribly disappointed.

There’s also a WR on the Bengals named Chase.

The Jets and the Bengals are playing each other this season. Make. It. Happen.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #38 on: October 09, 2022, 05:17:09 PM

This has to be one of the worst seasons I have ever witnessed. Just boring bad football everywhere. The fucking Eagles are the only undefeated? The NCF East is the best in the division conference...? (edit to fix stupid)

Wake me up,
when the season ends . . .
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 11:30:06 AM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

Reply #39 on: October 10, 2022, 09:06:03 AM

Denver might be the most unwatchable team I have seen in years. Russel Wilson knob gobbling + horrendous football.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #40 on: October 10, 2022, 06:40:17 PM

What the fuck are these roughing calls?

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #41 on: October 11, 2022, 07:48:16 PM

Misinterpretations of the bodyslam/body weight components of the roughing rule, exacerbated by being unreviewable. There was some torque on the Brady sack and the other guy did come down on Carr (you can see the 'supporting arm' defense either way depending on how you want to see it, looked incidental when I was watching the game).

I don't think they're anywhere near as egregious as folks are making out, but I guess as long as the conversation starts to get another 'judgement call' foul looked at and adjusted, that's a good thing. Hopefully roughing calls will get the same attention PI calls got a few years back when the Saints got boned out of the SB. It'll take a few seasons to get it in better working and it'll never be perfect, but PI is generally in a WAY better place than it was 5 years ago imo.

But the real answer is PAY THE REFS. Make them full-time employees. A ref should never be working a Sunday night game when he has to go back to his FT accounting job first thing Monday morning, but that's how it is. Crazy to put such an important component of a billion+ dollar business on PT help like that.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #42 on: October 15, 2022, 08:52:49 PM

I've been watching a whole lot less NFL this season. It's just not as fun anymore. Aaron Rodgers turning out to be a massive lying shitbag doesn't help, but it's even worse trying to watch them and seeing him lose the game because he thinks he can win it all by himself (similar to how he shit the bed against the Niners in the playoffs last season). I get that he's got nothing but rookies, a mediocre guy like Lazard and the aging corpse of Randall Cobb to throw to, but he clearly thinks he can just make any throw now at any time and he's not been that guy for at least a season, especially not without Davante Adams. That he spent the entire second half against the Giants going 3 and out by airmailing home run balls to the fucking moon was just irritating.

Watching all these dudes get literally concussed live and the NFL doing everything they can to say it wasn't a concussion doesn't help me.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #43 on: October 16, 2022, 03:15:19 PM

Watching Rodgers lose to the Jets was fun though.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #44 on: October 16, 2022, 10:32:58 PM

It was infuriating. He's clearly not as accurate as he's been in the past. I'm not about to blame it all on rookie receivers (though that is certainly an issue). His offensive is utter garbage right now - though again, Quinnen Williams from the Jets is an absolute stud. That still doesn't explain how the line was continually beaten with the same stunts and blitz packages. Rodgers' ability to sense the rush and get out the pocket is so suspect right now. He holds onto the ball too long, doesn't move off his spot or worse, moves right up into the rush so many times. And he seems incapable these days of spreading the targets around. He hasn't been an "elite" QB since that playoff game with the Niners. And their defense is also back to being unable to stop the run.

I think they make the playoffs but I no longer have any confidence this team will make any kind of run.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #45 on: October 16, 2022, 11:23:46 PM

Too much Ayahuasca. And too much hanging out with Joe Rogan.

But hey, I'll take it if it gives my perennially underperforming team a shot in the arm.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #46 on: October 17, 2022, 10:17:15 PM

Randall Cobb is now out for a few weeks with an ankle injury. DeSean Jackson is looking for work, though.
WayAbvPar

Reply #47 on: October 19, 2022, 01:07:12 PM

Denver might be the most unwatchable team I have seen in years. Russel Wilson knob gobbling + horrendous football.

Seattle fans:

Watching the rest of the world discover what a self-promoting cunt Russ is has been glorious. He decided a couple of years ago that he was just a pocket passer now, and has gone directly into the shitter.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 19, 2022, 02:13:18 PM

Russ is the solo artist and sees his teammates as his roadies. I am sorta loving watching the Denver local media try and untie themselves after this past summer of all the RAHRAH we going to the superbowl with Russ and Hackett.

Honestly think they can get right but not this year, then again, I don't give a shit about the NFL anymore. I've about disowned the Browns and have no real team to back now, so I am just watching games in which I hate both teams.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #49 on: October 19, 2022, 02:32:43 PM

He used to have the talent, at least, to justify some of that behavior. That's no longer the case, thanks to age and injuries, etc.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 28, 2022, 08:39:13 PM

New rule: every HC/OC gets fired every week if they don't run Jonathan Taylor at least 3/4 of the game.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #51 on: January 08, 2023, 09:42:45 PM

And the Packers shit the bed in exactly the fashion I knew they would: Aaron Rodgers trying to make a hero throw his body is no longer able to make, just tossing up a stinker and expecting Davante Adams to catch it from Las Vegas. If Rodgers retires, or forces a trade out of Green Bay or gets released in the offseason, I find it very hard to give a shit. Either Jordan Love is capable or he's not but Rodgers is no longer the HOF QB he was, but his giant fucking ego won't accept that. There's plenty of blame to go around, mind you, as the defense hasn't been able to adequately stop the run since Kaepernick beat the pants off of them in the playoffs oh so many years ago, their wide receiver recruitment has been suspect at best and even the two young guys they have now might not be consistent enough to be #1's for at least another 2 years. The Pack is not only going to piss away Rodgers last chance at a ring, they are going to make sure Aaron Jones and AJ Dillion are always wasted in pointless seasons with one-and-done playoff appearances.

But it's been a good 30 years with HOF level QB play, which is more than most fans get to see, I guess.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 09, 2023, 02:59:38 AM

And the Packers shit the bed in exactly the fashion I knew they would: Aaron Rodgers trying to make a hero throw his body is no longer able to make, just tossing up a stinker and expecting Davante Adams to catch it from Las Vegas. If Rodgers retires, or forces a trade out of Green Bay or gets released in the offseason, I find it very hard to give a shit. Either Jordan Love is capable or he's not but Rodgers is no longer the HOF QB he was, but his giant fucking ego won't accept that. There's plenty of blame to go around, mind you, as the defense hasn't been able to adequately stop the run since Kaepernick beat the pants off of them in the playoffs oh so many years ago, their wide receiver recruitment has been suspect at best and even the two young guys they have now might not be consistent enough to be #1's for at least another 2 years. The Pack is not only going to piss away Rodgers last chance at a ring, they are going to make sure Aaron Jones and AJ Dillion are always wasted in pointless seasons with one-and-done playoff appearances.

But it's been a good 30 years with HOF level QB play, which is more than most fans get to see, I guess.

In short, get fuck  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #53 on: January 09, 2023, 05:21:58 AM

Can't believe the nfl is pretending that they couldn't just put any game btwn Bengals and Bills in playoffs @ Steelers stadium now (or if they wanted it to be memorable The Big House) if they wanted to and any game btwn Chiefs and Bills/Bengals would be at Titans stadium or for college stadiums Tenn/Alabama/Auburn or there abouts.

Everything but Miami v Bills is intriguing for wild card round though so go football? I assume the NFC is about to win super bowl somehow someway, probably the AFC side will be such a meatgrinder while the Eagles, Cowboys or Niners are going to cake walk.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 05:26:10 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 09, 2023, 06:24:23 AM

Odd that half of the wildcard games are divisional games.

AFCE - Bill/Dolphins
AFCN - Bengals/Ravens
NFCW - Seahawks/49ers

Giants and Cowboys just missed... and 3/4 NFCE teams are in which is bonkers.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 09, 2023, 06:46:46 AM

The AFC East was crazy this year, at least before the Jets predictably imploded.

As far as the NFC, I'm a Dak/Zeke fan going back to their rookie year, but I don't think they're a superbowl contender compared to the Eagles (with Hurts) and Niners (with apparently anyone at QB).
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #56 on: January 09, 2023, 08:02:16 AM

The Niners had the #1 ranked D by points and yards allowed.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #57 on: January 09, 2023, 11:36:01 AM

In short, get fuck  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over the last few years especially, Aaron Rodgers managed to make himself possibly the most disliked person in the NFL. I think people would root for Tom Brady over Rodgers at this point. Actual rapist Ben Roethlisberger could come out of retirement and people would cheer him on over Rodgers. People who don't even watch football hate Aaron Rodgers. We all know the horrible victory lap we would have had to endure if Rodgers had won last night. As if being absolute shit most of the season and then pulling off a small winning streak against mostly bad teams would somehow be silencing the haters that just never had faith. Choking at Lambeau Field to end the Packers season for the 3rd straight year in a row was the best possible outcome last night.

Or, what Cyrrex said.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #58 on: January 11, 2023, 05:45:23 PM

I don't disagree with you. I was one of Rodgers' biggest fans for a long time right up until the vax thing when he showed his entire ass. And then just kept showing it. I think I'd rather see how good Jordan Love is over having to endure another season of his smug face and hero-ball failures. At least they might have the salary cap space to sign a real free agent wide receiver or a d-line that could stop an off-tackle run.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2022  
Jump to: