Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:25:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2022 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2022  (Read 7388 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: March 09, 2022, 12:02:47 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 07:21:07 PM

Also, Wentz to the Washington Commanders - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33462068/washington-commanders-trading-indianapolis-colts-qb-carson-wentz-sources-say

JFC, I don't know what motherfucker cursed Carson Wentz, but that bumpkin is just straight up destined to fail. I don't know what the fuck Ron Rivera thinks he's going to do to get consistent play out of Wentz, but he's going to a team with a whole lot less talent on the offense and the coaching staff.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 06:55:55 AM

Speaking of coaching, apparently Josh McDaniels took a bunch of his offensive coaching staff to LV and there's been no move to replace them by Bellichick, leading to speculation he might be the offensive playcaller this season. I think it's early days for that, but losing Josh after only one season coaching Jones is going to hurt a bit.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 04:38:09 PM

Tom Brady canceling his retirement to return to Tampa Bay is not something I had on my bingo card
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 05:04:15 PM

Well shit, that didn't take long.

EDIT: Also, the Browns get Amari Cooper from the Cowboys.

Because getting one big name wide receiver on a reclamation project worked out so well for them the last two years, why not go again?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 05:06:34 PM by HaemishM »

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 07:20:23 PM

Well shit, that didn't take long.

EDIT: Also, the Browns get Amari Cooper from the Cowboys.

Because getting one big name wide receiver on a reclamation project worked out so well for them the last two years, why not go again?

Amari is way more technical in his route running though so that should serve Baker better than OBJ. But who knows....

Brady is back BTW...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 04:54:12 AM

Gotta feel sorry for that guy who paid $500k for the ball used in Brady's last pass.

Actually, no you don't. Maybe he could sue Brady for Fraud. That would be one of the great "sell ticketrs" slapfights.

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 07:49:09 PM

Cleveland Browns just lost my support. Please return to the factory of sadness, you lousy fucks.

For those who don't know what I mean, the Browns just traded away 5 draft picks, including their next 3 years of first-round picks, for Deshaun Watson. Watson is now credibly linked to 22 sexual assault cases but since the Houston grand jury decided not to indict him on the 10 criminal cases, owners in the NFL needing a franchise QB who isn't Baker Mayfield fell all over themselves to be first in line to hitch their future to this prick.

Which would all be shitty enough, until you learn the details of the $230 million extension they signed him to in order to get him to go there. All $230 million (ALL OF IT) is guaranteed money, which is just an insane amount of guaranteed money for an NFL contract. If that weren't enough, his base salary for this year is only $1 million. Since the NFL has said that just because he isn't getting indicted, doesn't mean they won't punish him if their investigation uncovers wrongdoing. By setting his base salary so low, even if he's suspended for the minimum six games, he would only be giving up $60,000 per game, instead of what one might normally expect for a contract worth that much money. Meaning that the organization structured his contract specifically to make any punishment he might receive from the NFL toothless.

And the rumor is that Cleveland had decided they needed "an adult" to be their franchise QB.

Fuck the Browns so hard. If it was just 1 or 2 different massage therapists accusing him, I'd be inclined to be skeptical. 22? No, that dude's a creep.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 19, 2022, 09:01:01 PM

My and the old lady also abandoned all fanhood for the Browns, fuck 'em. To not only do Baker dirty like that, but to do it for a scumbag like Watson? I hope Garrett can get a ticket out at some point though I feel bad for Winovich (but happy to have Wilson). And that Mayfield lands in Indianapolis.

It was a wild week.
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 19, 2022, 09:09:52 PM

Cleveland's FO is just keeping a sexual predator QB in the AFC North now that Big Ben is gone.

Once the curse kicks in, Haslam will sell the team in 5 years, so wake me when that happens.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 19, 2022, 10:06:03 PM

That's the guy that got his jolly rogers by going to normal massage therapists and trying to force them to do a handjob or worse on him, rather than getting a hooker like a normal guy with zillions of bucks would, right?

Gosh.

Worth a quarter of a Billion right there. Whatta role model.

Hic sunt dracones.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 20, 2022, 06:11:40 AM

That is what I really do not understand with this guy and this case....it just doesn't make any damn sense for him to behave that way.  I mean, I totally believe he did it, he must have got off on that exact scenario of trying to force a legit masseuse to give him a handy or whatever.  Idiot.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #12 on: March 21, 2022, 01:50:19 PM

Matt Ryan to the Colts

Ok, so while I don't think this was a bad trade for the Colts (since they only give up a 3rd rounder for a guy who can clearly still QB), I do question the wisdom of going into their third straight offseason with the strategy of "let's just take someone else's veteran QB and see if we can win with him." Rivers had a better track record than Ryan IMO, but still clearly only had one season in him. Wentz was worth a shot because he was at least on the right side of 30. But yet another older, not mobile QB on the downside of his career? I don't think Indy is THAT close to a title, especially not in an AFC that is just fucking loaded with this generation's elite QB's.

Meanwhile, the Falcons signed Mariotta (LOL), Mayfield, Winston and Jimmy G are still out there for anyone that wants to try them on.

Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 21, 2022, 02:55:50 PM

Matt Ryan to the Colts

Ok, so while I don't think this was a bad trade for the Colts (since they only give up a 3rd rounder for a guy who can clearly still QB), I do question the wisdom of going into their third straight offseason with the strategy of "let's just take someone else's veteran QB and see if we can win with him." Rivers had a better track record than Ryan IMO, but still clearly only had one season in him. Wentz was worth a shot because he was at least on the right side of 30. But yet another older, not mobile QB on the downside of his career? I don't think Indy is THAT close to a title, especially not in an AFC that is just fucking loaded with this generation's elite QB's.

Meanwhile, the Falcons signed Mariotta (LOL), Mayfield, Winston and Jimmy G are still out there for anyone that wants to try them on.

Winston is back in N.O. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33564981/sources-new-orleans-saints-re-sign-qb-jameis-winston-two-year-28-million-deal

Mayfield is probably bound for Seattle at this point, unless the Panthers get creative.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #14 on: March 21, 2022, 03:32:08 PM

Hide yo' shrimp.

Seattle would be a decent place for Mayfield. He's just a less talented, Wilson.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: March 21, 2022, 07:15:07 PM

Maybe it's just recency bias, but does it feel like the QB carousel is spinning especially hard this offseason?

Of course, all these changes have just solidified that Tampa will win the South in a walk this season. I do not trust the Rapist in New Orleans to either stay healthy or stop throwing balls to the other team, the Panthers are just a trainwreck reliant on Christian McCaffery's increasingly fragile legs and the Falcons have been godawful even with Ryan and Julio Jones since they gave up a 28-3 halftime lead in the Super Bowl, and now they don't even have Calvin Ridley for their first round pick QB to throw to. I'm trying hard to think of a team in the NFC that has improved their team dramatically this offseason and I can't, while most of the teams on the cusp in the AFC have already gotten better (Chargers, Bills) and even the middling teams got some improvement (Denver, Colts, Raiders).

Of course, free agent signings or trades in the NFL aren't often as much of a sure thing as in other sports, but adding a QB like Wilson and Ryan to those teams should be an upgrade from what they had.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 22, 2022, 07:08:48 AM

The best thing about the Matty Ice trade was that Indy had just gotten that 3rd round pick from the, ahem, Commies and flipped it to get Ryan. I'll take a straight trade Wentz for Ryan any day. I feel bad for Baker, and agree Seattle is the best he can hope for, but it won't be for long when he doesn't pan out to be some magic Wilson replacement.

I'm also sus about what's going on with NE's coaching situation and general trading ennui. Word is Joe Judge is now the QB coach, and we've been shedding some prime talent for peanuts (Shaq Mason for a 5th round pick? Who the fuck you gon get in round 5 that's going to play better than Mason!?).

Anyway, the way has been paved for Brady to pick up the NFC title.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #17 on: March 22, 2022, 02:01:56 PM

Is there no buzz around Mayfield ending up in Pittsburgh?  I know they picked up Mitch Trubisky, but he's probably not a long-term answer and the draft is such a dice roll.
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 22, 2022, 02:16:52 PM

Is there no buzz around Mayfield ending up in Pittsburgh?  I know they picked up Mitch Trubisky, but he's probably not a long-term answer and the draft is such a dice roll.

Buzz is all about Seattle and NYG and maybe Carolina. Nothing will happen till after the draft though... my opinion.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: March 22, 2022, 05:33:30 PM

Yeah, I think Pittsburgh is somehow OK with Trubisky, or at least don't think Mayfield would be a significant enough upgrade to sully themselves by trading within their division. I could see Carolina taking a flier on him if they don't think their draft options are that great, and Seattle is probably not making the playoffs with or without Baker Mayfield. And there's still Jimmy G out there, looking all forlorn while everybody else gets talked about. He could just end up being the most expensive backup QB or Trey Lance could continue to stink and he's the starter by default.

I don't necessarily see the Giants pulling off a trade for Mayfield - he can't be that much better than Daniel Jones, not with that floating garbage scow of talent they have in New York.

Seattle is probably the best option out there for any of these guys, even though they don't have a lot of talent on the roster, but at least their coaching situation is better than both New York and Carolina.

As for Joe Judge being New England's QB coach, good fucking luck with that. Dude is dumber than two bags of hammers.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 23, 2022, 07:46:49 AM

I love Baker, but I'd flip a coin between him and Mitch. I think Seattle is a good fit for him right now, but it might not be the worst thing if he lands in the time-out chair for a season to do some Gronk heal magic. Jimmy G just can't catch a break but will likely be the starter in SF at some point. The dude had them almost beating the powerhouse Rams in the conference round, ffs. What more do you want? Honestly, Jimmy G has been in the top ten of guys I'd take for my team since he left NE (just make sure he has a solid O-line to help him stay healthy). Who else have the Niners had playing at that level (besides Kaep), since Young? If I was a QB looking for a place to land, a place with Lockett and Metcalf, backed up by CMC, is where I'd want to be.

I played a Falcons/Seahawks game (as the Hawks) on Madden last night and it was FUCKING WEIRD knowing that's the last Madden with those QBs on those teams, hearing the voiceovers about how long they'd been the faces of the franchise was a bummer. (also fuck Cordarrelle Patterson whom I love only when he's on my team)

I'm still trying to wrap my head around getting rid of Ryan in favor of Mariota.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #21 on: March 23, 2022, 10:07:03 AM

For Jimmy G it's complicated because he still has a rather large contract and he just had shoulder surgery. If one or both of things weren't true it's likely he would've already been traded. He's be a great fit for Seattle, for example, even with a recovering shoulder, if his contract wasn't so large, though of course the Niners might not be willing to trade him to a division rival.

Rasix

Reply #22 on: March 23, 2022, 12:42:22 PM

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #23 on: March 23, 2022, 05:09:40 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my head around getting rid of Ryan in favor of Mariota.

It's called 'tanking' which is honestly what Atlanta should have been doing for years now, because holy shit has that team been bad outside of Ryan, Ridley and when healthy, Julio Jones.

The Tyreek Hill trade was big news but bigger news was Miami getting Terron Armstead to play tackle for Tua. Maybe if Tua is protected, he might not suck so hard? With Chase Edmond, Hill and an O line, he has no excuse other than a schizo organization and a first time coach who probably only got hired to throw off the scent of the Flores' lawsuit.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 25, 2022, 08:48:41 AM

Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 25, 2022, 08:56:26 AM

If only that happened at First Energy... it would be the perfect NFL dumpster fire meme.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 25, 2022, 09:18:49 AM

If only that happened at First Energy... it would be the perfect NFL dumpster fire meme.
From the friction of the handies, probably  Ohhhhh, I see.
WayAbvPar

Reply #27 on: April 19, 2022, 10:33:50 AM

From the friction of the handies, probably  Ohhhhh, I see.

I read that as 'handles' and thought you were making a Russell Wilson fat joke. Which amused me to no end. SO GLAD HE IS GONE. No more nanobubbles, no more robot 'Go Hawks', no more Ciara circus bullshit, no more Jeebus humping. And that is just the off field stuff. On field he was rapidly declining as he got older/fatter/less willing to run. Denver is going to regret the fuck out of this in 2 years. Which is about when the Hawks might be ready to turn around, incidentally...

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 29, 2022, 07:35:37 AM

I've not been a fan of this kid, despite his athleticism. Clearly he has a high opinion of himself, but then to have a press conference to defend your lack of film watching that just extolls your pre-NFL career when your single trip to the playoffs (on your third try) ends in a play worthy of Carson Wentz?

“I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said, via Sarah Kezele of 98.7 Arizona Sports. “I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”

One month later...

It's cute that he and the team think this is not completely and opaquely an obvious move to get him to actually start watching film and not just play video games. You can get back to boasting after you have a fistfull of rings, dickbag. Or don't, fuck Arizona  why so serious?
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 29, 2022, 08:31:09 AM

Well at least the AZ thing has sucked all the attention out of the room from the Browns smoldering dumpster fire of a team - at least until we see how many games Watson gets.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 29, 2022, 09:08:19 AM

Yeah, Murray just annoys me with his spoiled child behavior. We're praying hard for the Browns to fail spectacularly, fuck Watson and the ownership. I feel bad for the other players, the Mayfield era Browns were my backup favorite team  why so serious? and I was running them more in Madden franchise than the Patriots (mostly due to Chubb/Hunt/Garrett/Ward).
Rasix

Reply #31 on: July 29, 2022, 10:08:57 AM

Wouldn't be the Cardinals if they didn't make bonehead personnel decisions. His complaining press conference was spectacular: "Hey guys, I win all of the time. I'm short. Give me a break. Of course I study. FaZe Clan WOOT WOOT WOOT."

So, it's dropped. He can go back to earning $46 mil a year playing football and $250k (joking, I have no idea) being part of the douchiest gamer life style brand on the planet. Who knows, maybe he'll just decide he wants to play baseball. GAH. I'd just like to see him have a decent game when Hopkins isn't on the field.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 29, 2022, 11:57:48 AM

People who are truly great at things rarely talk about how truly great they are. The pursuit of greatness is what makes them great, that's why guys like Jerry Rice are first in the building and last to leave. Nothing about Murray in the NFL has earned that kind of braggadocio, the league has a long trail of talented kids who skated on talent when they didn't realize that they were in the pool with guys who were at least as talented AND didn't skip the hard work and study part.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #33 on: August 01, 2022, 07:37:40 AM

Watson suspended for 6 games

Anonymous sources of course, since it hasn't been publicly announced yet. But if true, that is some serious bullshit. Time to see the 0-17 Browns.

Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: August 01, 2022, 08:26:58 AM

Watson suspended for 6 games

Anonymous sources of course, since it hasn't been publicly announced yet. But if true, that is some serious bullshit. Time to see the 0-17 Browns.

Man I know you are outraged, but why wish doom on a fanbase that already had to endure a shit ton of strife since 99? Not much we can do about the owners or front office that caused all this mess, clearly no amount of protesting does anything to change shit. Have the fans boycott and watch Cleveland lose the team to another city again?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2022  
Jump to: