Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:53:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2021: Long-hauler Edition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2021: Long-hauler Edition  (Read 31761 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #70 on: August 23, 2021, 08:22:07 PM

Why the heck is the storyline Minshew v Lawrence when both are shitting the bed hard and not putting up 6s and Beathard keeps coming in and putting up 6s? Makes pale talk of meritocracy imo.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #71 on: August 23, 2021, 08:38:43 PM

Probably because Beatherd has almost no chance to start long-term?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: August 24, 2021, 07:20:51 AM

Probably because Beatherd has almost no chance to start long-term?
I'd start him week 1 and let the other two (I'd probably fire Minshew and give the kid the chance) fight for the spot ala Belichick. Go with the guy who is putting points on the board.

In general, I dislike the system that lets the worst team get the highest rated talent. Talk about killing the dream. Sure, kid, you wanted to be Brady. Maybe you were the Brady of NCAA. Now you're on a scrub team that has been bombing and sorry about your paper o line, time to learn how to take sacks all game long, get that ball out fast! Yeah, also your wides can't catch or run sharp routes or make moves and you have no run support.

It's amazing more 1st round picks don't commit suicide.

edited to add full disclosure: I believe in building teams from the lines outward. You don't have a line, you don't have a team.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #73 on: August 28, 2021, 11:55:41 PM

Why the heck is the storyline Minshew v Lawrence when both are shitting the bed hard and not putting up 6s and Beathard keeps coming in and putting up 6s? Makes pale talk of meritocracy imo.

Welp that question is answered now!  awesome, for real

I'm glad Minshew is out of Jacksonville, he's not quite a starter but still has a chance to make it at this point of his career and the Eagles finally realised Flacco is not an option as backup...  why so serious?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 31, 2021, 07:51:49 AM

Holy crap the Pats cut Cam. I was hoping he'd at least get to hang around for another season, he never really had a solid chance to play a season with them (coming in late one year and then covid kicked his ass hard last season). Was looking forward to lots of CamMac shenans. Bummer.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #75 on: August 31, 2021, 09:17:42 AM

Holy crap the Pats cut Cam. I was hoping he'd at least get to hang around for another season, he never really had a solid chance to play a season with them (coming in late one year and then covid kicked his ass hard last season). Was looking forward to lots of CamMac shenans. Bummer.

I am actually pretty shocked by this. I get that Bill now has TB12v2.0 but why the hell would you start him day 1 and live with those growing pains?? I mean he could go the rare route of Herbert out in LA but more than likely he's going to struggle - then again, other than Allen in that division, there are a whole lot of Huh at QB for the other teams.

Dolphins or Texans going to call about Cam? Crazy to think a former league MVP is available. 

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: August 31, 2021, 12:47:58 PM

Better the growing pains of a reliable dude than someone who might be out for half the season again (time actually out, and then covid hangover for a month or two)? Unsure. I feel there was more to the covid protocol 'misunderstandings' than has come out publicly.
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: August 31, 2021, 12:57:59 PM

Better the growing pains of a reliable dude than someone who might be out for half the season again (time actually out, and then covid hangover for a month or two)? Unsure. I feel there was more to the covid protocol 'misunderstandings' than has come out publicly.

I am leaning that way myself. Cam was a social media liability and add in COVID protocol liability which impacts the whole team? I can definitely see it.

Panthers should come calling as insurance to Darnold. That would make my day.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #78 on: August 31, 2021, 04:32:25 PM

Would Cam want to be on the bench fighting for a starting position?

Texans could be a spot  why so serious?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #79 on: August 31, 2021, 06:44:07 PM

Texans are just a huge wild card for everything until they deal with this Deshaun situation. Cam probably wouldn't have lasted 6 games - with the way the refs just let people murder him and his body just breaking down, he'd have been injured and never gotten the starting job back if Jones is any good. Clearly, Belichek thinks he is.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: September 01, 2021, 07:15:15 AM

Texans are just a huge wild card for everything until they deal with this Deshaun situation. Cam probably wouldn't have lasted 6 games - with the way the refs just let people murder him and his body just breaking down, he'd have been injured and never gotten the starting job back if Jones is any good. Clearly, Belichek thinks he is.
I'd disagree. When he's been at actual practice and not in a post-covid fugue, he's played adequately with mediocre weapons. We're so stacked at RB right now (I mean, when you can let SONY GODDAMNED MICHEL go...and not be mad about it), we could just have Cam playing pretty well.

His two main issues have been his read/decision speed and his vaccination status. Because he WILL get covid again during the season.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: September 01, 2021, 03:43:23 PM

His one issue is his vaccination status.

You cannot have a backup QB who isn't vaccinated because if your main QB goes down because of delta everyone who is vaccinated can play on receipt of a negative test. Everyone who isn't vaccinated must quarantine if they've been in contact until they take a test 5 days after the last exposure.

Tests occur 2-3 days before the game being returned close to game time. So if your head QB goes down with a covid diagnosis... You don't have a fucking backup if they're not vaccinated. What good is a backup if their ability to play is correlated with the starter? Fucking worthless.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: September 01, 2021, 09:49:52 PM

I think everyone is also glossing over the fact that Cam has not really been a very good QB since about 2015.  But whatever, him being an anti-vaxxer is all we really need to know about this case.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: September 02, 2021, 07:17:00 AM

His one issue is his vaccination status.

I disagree that's the only issue, but I do feel it's a prime issue. If Mac hadn't stepped up, BB may have tried another season with Cam. Since Mac seems as advertised (cough rookie of the year cough), he doesn't have to.

As far as telling that to the press, see Urban Meyer.
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: September 02, 2021, 12:30:06 PM

Large part of me appreciates Meyer's position. Stop fucking around with this and come out with it. No vax = liability to the team and grounds for dismissal. Go play for another team that doesn't care *cough Minn cough*

And having Belichick coming out yesterday saying vax'd players also get COVID was just a dumbass position to take. He knows damn well the science behind it and knows vaccinations shouldn't be hand-waved away. Fuck him and all the "it's a personal decision" players and coaches.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #85 on: September 02, 2021, 04:04:03 PM

For some reason, the NFL doesn't want the backlash of a bunch of spreadnecks getting pissed because their team's star QB refuses to get vaxxed. And there appear to be a lot of unvaxxed QB's out there - so much for QB being a "cerebral" position.  why so serious?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: September 03, 2021, 06:04:37 AM

Any coach who isn't an antivaxtard knows the QB needs to be vaccinated. Just watching Cam come back and play in a fog for a month was enough to show the need.

THAT SAID, "it's a personal decision," as a phrase, is signaling for the spreadnecks. Nobody wants to be the next Kaep. The irony of the cancel culture bit that conservatives love to gripe about :D
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: September 03, 2021, 06:24:06 AM

Any coach who isn't an antivaxtard knows the QB needs to be vaccinated. Just watching Cam come back and play in a fog for a month was enough to show the need.

THAT SAID, "it's a personal decision," as a phrase, is signaling for the spreadnecks. Nobody wants to be the next Kaep. The irony of the cancel culture bit that conservatives love to gripe about :D

And let us not forget the Bronco's game last year which eliminated the entire active QB roster for a game which shall be know as the Benny Hill game.

Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: September 10, 2021, 07:00:17 AM

Well that game last night was a pleasant surprise. Dallas came to play and Tampa was as methodical as ever. Not quite sure why Dallas has decided to make Dak throw 60 times a game but I guess we'll see if that lasts - looked good doing it, but why the hell do you have a $90m RB if you aren't going to use him?

Meanwhile Baltimore is going to make a whole lot of knee surgeons rich this year at this rate.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #89 on: September 10, 2021, 07:48:01 PM

McCarthy apparently said to the reporter at halftime when asked about how little they ran that they were just "taking what the defense was giving them." Based on how much Elliot got stuffed when he did get the ball, I'd say he was probably right. TBF, Tampa's defensive front 7 is really good, and their defensive backfield was a bit weak, especially after they had a few injuries. If Dallas could have turned one of those field goal attempts into a TD, they win the game (or at least make Brady drive for a TD instead of a field goal to win). Dak looked great, though, especially for a guy coming off two ankle surgeries and a preseason shoulder injury.

At some point, though, someone really needs to dissect Brady and see what the fuck he's been taking. No 44 year old man should be able to still drop dimes like that TD to Brown. I vote we do it now just so the Packers don't have to get embarrassed by him in the playoffs again.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #90 on: September 12, 2021, 05:35:16 PM

Jesus fucking Christ, did the entire Packers team get fucking Covid or something? I know, let's build a defense that makes Rapester McCrabfingers look like an All-Pro, can't stop the run at all, and puts no pressure on the QB against a team that is literally playing a home game in a stadium a few hundred miles to the east of their actual home. Oh and let's let our All-Pro center sign somewhere else in free agency and start two rookies on the O line while shifting our really good right guard to left tackle because our starting left tackle's leg is crab meat. No running game, no pass protection, and our QB is throwing wild ass blind passes like he's Jameis Winston or something. Just an utter shitshow from start to finish.

slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: September 13, 2021, 03:20:39 AM

Jesus fucking Christ, did the entire Packers team get fucking Covid or something? I know, let's build a defense that makes Rapester McCrabfingers look like an All-Pro, can't stop the run at all, and puts no pressure on the QB against a team that is literally playing a home game in a stadium a few hundred miles to the east of their actual home. Oh and let's let our All-Pro center sign somewhere else in free agency and start two rookies on the O line while shifting our really good right guard to left tackle because our starting left tackle's leg is crab meat. No running game, no pass protection, and our QB is throwing wild ass blind passes like he's Jameis Winston or something. Just an utter shitshow from start to finish.

Once your QB starts thinking about retirement it's time to move on because he will have lost his edge.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: September 13, 2021, 08:04:20 AM

Love watching the Browns being the Browns. No matter what they are doing right, a fumble or interception is in the queue and as a fan, you basically know that they are going to lose.
I'm not even mad. Chubb doesn't fumble... not like that. Straight up fate at that point. I made the mistake of watching the 2nd quarter from my apt complex's club house as I am in the midst of moving and had to file some paperwork with the office. Thought they looked great at that point. Got home and my buddy in Pittsburgh texted me about the game and how the Browns are gunna Browns.

That said, Browns didn't look terribad. I think they'll still be good enough to get into the playoffs, but it'll be uphill from here. Nothing new here, start of the season and the Browns are in the cellar as usual.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: September 13, 2021, 08:39:41 AM

That said, Browns didn't look terribad. I think they'll still be good enough to get into the playoffs, but it'll be uphill from here. Nothing new here, start of the season and the Browns are in the cellar as usual.

All true, but the important difference over the last year or more is that the Browns are actually not at all terrible.  No reason to think that they won't compete for the division all the way until the end, no?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
WayAbvPar

Reply #94 on: September 13, 2021, 12:30:59 PM

Packers getting run out of a neutral building by Teddy Two Gloves shocked and amused me. The NFC North is a pit of despair almost as deep as the NFC East. Jesus.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #95 on: September 13, 2021, 07:21:08 PM

It is week 1 and I do think the Packers will end up winning the division. But if the defense is that fucking bad against Winston, I'm not sure its ceiling is all that high. The last two seasons I've been convinced the team was not as good as its record of playoff placement would indicate and this may be the year the close victories go the other way.

Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: September 14, 2021, 05:19:59 AM

Packers getting run out of a neutral building by Teddy Two Gloves shocked and amused me. The NFC North is a pit of despair almost as deep as the NFC East. Jesus.

Teddy plays for the Broncos now. You mean Lasik Jameis.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: September 14, 2021, 06:25:55 AM

All true, but the important difference over the last year or more is that the Browns are actually not at all terrible.  No reason to think that they won't compete for the division all the way until the end, no?
Brahns is the Brahns, meaning they're a lock on the playoffs these days. Let's not forget they played the goddamned Chiefs, not the Lions.

MNF was kinda lame, so the old lady went home and I went out to run a quick errand. Came back halfway through the 4th and man, glad I watched the end of THAT game! Crazy.

Also, with all the cavalier rule-changing (insert gripe about jersey #s, I goddamned hate not being able to read defenses as easily), can we put INTs due to receiver error on the receiver and not the QB who just threw a beautiful pass (that someone hamfisted and gave to the defense)?

Both my teams lost, but man did they look pretty good doing so. Mac Jones is the real deal, hard to remember the kid is a goddamned rookie in his first game. The old lady was skeptical about the Cam cut, but I saw enough in preseason to know we have a solid QB now. Both the Pats and Browns Ds need to step up, and the Pats barely tapped their deep RB position.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: September 30, 2021, 12:58:01 PM

Sherman acquired and now Brown activated, we get it Brady, you want to score triple digits on Bill.

(spoiler: you could probably sit all your starters and win, so...)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #99 on: September 30, 2021, 01:11:31 PM

Sherman's likely not going to play against the Pats.

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1443266536186208265?s=20
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: October 11, 2021, 07:25:44 PM

Guess the email grinder was too much for John Gruden.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32384058/jon-gruden-resigns-las-vegas-raiders-head-coach

That shit escalated so fast, I didn't even know what the hell it was about until he resigned.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #101 on: October 11, 2021, 08:24:06 PM

Just old ass emails the NFL found while investigating Dan Snyder, only to discover that Gruden was a giant dumbass who couldn't refrain from making racist, homophobic comments about the NFLPA president, Roger Goddell and Michael Sam.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer asshole.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #102 on: October 11, 2021, 09:53:35 PM

"I never meant all the horrible things I said about people to sound horrible."
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: October 12, 2021, 03:51:26 AM

Just old ass emails the NFL found while investigating Dan Snyder, only to discover that Gruden was a giant dumbass who couldn't refrain from making racist, homophobic comments about the NFLPA president, Roger Goddell and Michael Sam.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer asshole.

I find it interesting that only Gruden's emails have come out so far.  The league is full of hardo dumbasses like Gruden.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: October 12, 2021, 09:46:13 AM

It probably means that they just wanted to get rid of THAT guy.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2021: Long-hauler Edition  
Jump to: