Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:47:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2021: Long-hauler Edition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2021: Long-hauler Edition  (Read 32461 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #105 on: October 12, 2021, 04:37:51 PM

He talked shit about Goddell and other owners. That's all it takes.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #106 on: October 26, 2021, 07:17:41 AM

I guess it's true that Davante Adams can catch anything  why so serious?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #107 on: October 26, 2021, 03:22:59 PM

It would have to happen the week they play the only undefeated team left in the league.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #108 on: November 03, 2021, 09:36:46 AM

Aaron Rodgers is a dullard. Neat.

This pandemic is revealing so much about the perceived intelligence of certain athletes.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #109 on: November 03, 2021, 11:07:15 AM

Timing suggests he's not vaccinated rather than vaccinated but had a breakthrough infection. Which is in line with his evasive answers previously.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2021/11/3/22761419/aaron-rodgers-covid-news-is-he-vaccinated-packers-vs-chiefs-backup-jordan-love

Some places are saying he's unvaccinated based on the claims by two sports writers which seems like a unreliable source for information this important.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1455912321763717123
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: November 03, 2021, 11:27:12 AM

I suppose it is possible that there are people out there who are evasive about their vaccine status and have actually been vaccinated....but that sounds like a pretty poor bet.  Dude is unvaccinated.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rasix

Reply #111 on: November 03, 2021, 11:36:02 AM

He's said he was "immunized", which sounds like he rubbed some fucking cinnamon oil on his forehead and called it a day. 

But hey, welcome to be wrong here.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #112 on: November 03, 2021, 11:56:06 AM

Yes ESPN is reporting he had an "alternate" treatment prior to training camp and requested his treatment be considered similar to an approved vaccine and was denied, obviously. And so the NFL considers him unvaccinated.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32542413/green-bay-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-tests-positive-covid-19-source-says
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #113 on: November 03, 2021, 02:39:41 PM

So in the span of 72 hours:
Rogers has proven to be some homeopathic nut job and him and the Packers violated about every single COVID protocol laid out by the league since the start of the season
OBJ is essentially off the Browns team after his father decided to do his dirty work for him
Ruggs killed a woman by smashing his car into hers going over 150mph at 3:30am while drunk as fuck as is off to prison for at least a few years

what else did I miss here?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #114 on: November 03, 2021, 09:03:43 PM

This Aaron Rodgers thing may have just finally killed any amount of give-a-fuck about the NFL I have. I've ignored a lot of shit the NFL does as an organization and as a collective of individuals. Rodgers going from intelligent dude to "I wanted the NFL to make horse paste the same as a vaccine" has just broken me. I can't look past this shit anymore, as being all "it's a personal choice" about Covid vaccination is just an absolute redline for me. To realize he threw out some weasel words about "immunization" then tried to get the NFL to pass that off as equivalent to vaccination is just fucking evil and cowardly.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: November 03, 2021, 11:19:46 PM

If this thread was in Politics, I might say a few things about what I might be okay with in terms of health and life consequences for him.

Also, he is on my fantasy team, and my fantasy team was looking hard for another way to prove it is the worst.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #116 on: November 04, 2021, 03:39:08 AM

In random commentary on the Aaron Rodgers news there are references to him believing in chemtrails and I found the original ESPN article from last year that mentions this* and a lot of other stuff about him:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30155009/karaoke-trivia-frat-parties-tales-aaron-rodgers-inner-weirdness

Some have taken to blaming his fiancée for the anti-vaxx stuff but it’s clear Rodgers was, uh, “unconventional” long before they met. The article also indirectly explains why he’s a Jeopardy nut — he loves trivial.

* the article doesn’t actual say whether or not the backups interviewed believe Rodgers believes in chemtrails but it is the type of subject he likes talking about
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #117 on: November 04, 2021, 10:06:07 AM

Apparently the "treatment" he wanted to NFL to qualify as equivalent to being vaccinated was some fucking "homeopathic" shit.

I'm done. Fuck this asshole.

Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: November 04, 2021, 11:55:22 AM

Apparently the "treatment" he wanted to NFL to qualify as equivalent to being vaccinated was some fucking "homeopathic" shit.

I'm done. Fuck this asshole.

Not terribly shocked - I mean Rogers has been a little off since college. I mean he went to Cal and I am pretty sure he frequented those drum circles.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #119 on: November 04, 2021, 03:08:23 PM

Frankly, I don't really care if someone wants to pay thousands of dollars to stick a stone egg up their hoo-ha to drain the toxins in their bloodstream, or realign their chakras or whatever. While I think it's dumb as shit and they are getting fleeced by con jobs, it doesn't affect me one bit. Vaccinations for a preventable disease that's killing scores of people daily and seriously inhibiting my personal life? That's a red line. And not being upfront and saying "I'm not vaxxed" but instead using weasel words like "Immunized" then acting like drinking diluted unicorn tears or some bullshit qualifies you to go maskless and flout the NFL's Covid protocols. Public figures doing that shit just means that more people ignore good common sense and don't get vaxxed as well, which keeps us in this idiotic cycle of "let's see how long it takes for Covid to mutate into sentience."

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: November 05, 2021, 05:24:54 AM

Oh no, a dumb redneck did dumb redneck shit.

Also, OBJ has been a drag on the Browns since day 1, it just never worked out for him. You want the ball, make some plays. Maybe it's because we're Pats fans, but step up or step off. Next man up, don't care what number is on your jersey. If I'm the QB, ODB is exactly the same as Peoples-Jones (and honestly their stats are similar, so....).
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #121 on: November 05, 2021, 06:03:26 AM

Also, OBJ has been a drag on the Browns since day 1, it just never worked out for him. You want the ball, make some plays. Maybe it's because we're Pats fans, but step up or step off. Next man up, don't care what number is on your jersey. If I'm the QB, ODB is exactly the same as Peoples-Jones (and honestly their stats are similar, so....).

Browns are going to do much better now that he's gone.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: November 05, 2021, 06:58:42 AM

It's hard to expect anything from top Athletes who have been manipulated and coddled by coaches for their entire live.  Google "Cupping" if you want to read about more stupid shit they do.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: November 05, 2021, 08:05:35 AM

Browns are going to do much better now that he's gone.

Well we are going to find out.... to be honest, Cleveland trucked along without him in the past 4 years and have been making advances. Browns are fucked with injuries this year so that is going to skew things, but at least they are without the drama now - at least until Baker gets franchised and that drama mill starts turning.

Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: November 05, 2021, 11:20:24 AM

And the Qaron Rogers story is all sorts of lulz. Why on Earth he went on Pat McAfee's show as he does and basically read Joe Rogan's notes on everything COVID it seems. Keeps getting better....

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #125 on: November 05, 2021, 09:39:02 PM

Rodgers is a chemtrail-believing, Rogan-listening horse paste aficionado. How the fuck anyone can think listening to Joe Rogan about anything, much less medical advice, is a good idea I will never understand. The only question I expect him to be able to answer is "how many steroids can I take before my testicles shrivel" and "how tight should I hold the belt when I'm hanging naked in the closet with my dick in my hand?"

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: November 08, 2021, 06:54:42 AM

Caroline man keeps seeing ghosts from New England, story at 11.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #127 on: November 08, 2021, 03:43:52 PM

Yes, apparently it wasn't just that Adam Gase was a terrible coach, Sam Darnold really is a bad NFL QB.

Also, I caved and watched the Packers/Chiefs game. Woof. I'm not sure what happened to Mahomes, but he has been terrible this season. The only thing that helped was that Jordan Love is a young kid making his first start on a team that has been blessed with a Hall of Fame QB (who happens to be a dumbass). His arm looks strong enough, but he was completely unable to handle the million blitzes that the Chiefs pulled on him, and made a lot of bad decisions and/or bad throws. The Chiefs defense is not good so I can't really even take any positives from the one decent looking TD drive. Had the Packers not missed two field goals, the game would have been tied, and had Love not thrown a terrible pick inside the 20, it very likely would have been a Packers win. I want to say the Packers defense is much improved, given how many of the top players were out injured, but with as bad as the Chiefs played, I can't gauge this defense correctly.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: November 09, 2021, 07:33:30 AM

Ref ruin another game. Bears likely would've won the game if it had been professionally refereed. It was an ugly game but made completely unwatchable by the shit level of officiating. So many missed calls, blown calls, and arguably aggressive behavior by the refs. I had to stop watching before the 3rd quarter was over. It had gotten to the point that it really didn't matter what the players were doing, in came a ref to fuck up his job and arbitrarily move the ball around.

I should've turned off when they took 6 points off the board for Chicago for a low block (that was legal), not long before that they did not throw a flag on a blatant illegal low block of the exact same kind (the new rule about having to be inside the TE to legally low block).

The old lady went home when they flagged the Bears for roughing when a guy barely brushed Ben's thigh and didn't make contact otherwise....right after they did not flag the Steelers for a helmet-to-helmet hard shot on Fields as he crossed out of bounds (intentionally heading for the sideline, a light push would've sufficed, it was clear roughing).

Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: December 16, 2021, 09:32:28 AM

Jacksonville is on to their next coach 13 games into this season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32879774/urban-meyer-jacksonville-jaguars-head-coach-rocky-first-year

Thanks Urban...hardly knew ya. Astounding how fast that man fell in the last few weeks. I get not winning that much your first year, but holy shit those stories that came out about his behavior. Never really like Urban as he always came off as an arrogant asshat, but didn't realize how bad he actually was.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #130 on: December 16, 2021, 02:10:56 PM

You never realize how bad college coaches are until you get them in a situation where they aren't able to just lord it over a bunch of barely adult indentured servants. When they have to actually deal with real adults who are getting paid to be there, they think their little tinpot dictator act wears thin real fucking fast because those guys don't have to take this shit.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: December 17, 2021, 05:53:10 AM

The very first game we saw him coach, the old lady said 'that guy looks like he doesn't want to be there'. He has looked dialed out the entire season, good riddance. I feel bad for Lawrence, hope he can bounce back and doesn't turn into a Jets qb.
Rasix

Reply #132 on: December 17, 2021, 07:58:54 PM

Are NFL players hosting giant orgies or something post game? How the hell do people reliant on their health as part of their job catch COVID this easily? 

If they can’t field a team, they should have to forfeit. These schedule changes are dumb.

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: December 17, 2021, 08:05:51 PM

Are NFL players hosting giant orgies or something post game? How the hell do people reliant on their health as part of their job catch COVID this easily? 

If they can’t field a team, they should have to forfeit. These schedule changes are dumb.

I mean they are in their office together as a group most of the week... weight room, conference/class rooms, eating together...

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #134 on: December 18, 2021, 10:16:23 AM

The NFL relaxed a lot of their masking requirements for vaxxed people and let the team eat together again. It's not rocket science. With the increased transmissibility and breakthroughs of Omicron, it's real easy to see that just one case in the facility is going to infect a whole fuckload of people, vaxxed or not.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: December 18, 2021, 12:00:09 PM

They spend a few hours a week literally teabagging each other on national tv so
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: December 21, 2021, 09:35:58 AM

Another week, another bout of shit refereeing. Watching your punter's plant leg get taken out during a block that gets returned for a TD without a flag hitting turf anywhere is just the kind of shit I expect from these unprofessional cunts.

Anyway, highlight of the weekend was Brady pulling a Bellichik on a Surface tablet  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: December 21, 2021, 12:21:46 PM

Yesterday was a trip. Browns win that game and they are in 1st in the AFC north but the result from losing to the Raiders they are the 12th seed in the AFC today. Disappointing, but it really is amazing how competitive this football season is overall - in the AFC at least. No real team blowing passed everyone. I mean no one in the AFC North or West is under .500 which is insane.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: December 21, 2021, 12:37:27 PM

Yeah, all of Dcember has been playoff football in the AFC. Wild. I wonder how long until someone actually clinches something1
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #139 on: December 21, 2021, 02:30:28 PM

Kind of hard to call that a competitive football game when the NFL allowed it to go on with over 20 players on both sides quarantined. A 2-day delay is not enough. Having to watch Nick Mullens try to Superman a team of 3rd stringers into a playoff spot is really fucking ridiculous.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2021: Long-hauler Edition  
Jump to: