Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:54:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Falcon and the Winter soldier 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Falcon and the Winter soldier  (Read 24022 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: March 08, 2021, 07:17:31 AM

https://youtu.be/IWBsDaFWyTE

Shooting! Explosions! Frisbee! Scowling!

Looks good.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 06:23:39 AM

unlike wandavision, this b string nonsense holds zero interest for me, but I still won't watch a trailer
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 09:37:17 AM

Not sure if I care about this or not, but considering this and things like Wandavision, I am getting tempted to actually pick up a Disney sub.  Do you guys feel you get your money's worth?  I like the idea of access to the Marvel stuff, but is that really enough?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 09:48:34 AM

I got in on one of the cheap pre-launch Disney+ deals, but yeah I think it's worth it. There's a lot of good stuff on there already, and they're starting to roll out new series more quickly now.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 09:54:00 AM

Have kids, so we watch more disney+ than Netflix.

Without kids it is certainly worth subscribing for a month or two to see how you get on. Catalog isn't super deep, but it is growing. And for now it only costs the price of two beers a month anyway.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 11:10:53 AM

Disney+ for the 3 year deal was frankly fucking incredible.

Now? Dunno. In a month you could watch everything you wanted though. Their series are not long in episode or length per.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 11:30:33 AM

Not sure if I care about this or not, but considering this and things like Wandavision, I am getting tempted to actually pick up a Disney sub.  Do you guys feel you get your money's worth?  I like the idea of access to the Marvel stuff, but is that really enough?
If you like the MCU and are okay with the traditional "new episode every week" TV model rather than the Netflix-style "release the entire season at once" model, then this year will have a new MCU-related show every week according to the currently known schedules:

https://old.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/ll6e83/am_i_crazy_or_are_they_going_to_release_something/

The yearly price for Disney+ is going up $10 on March 26th from $69.99 to $79.99 so don't wait too long to decide if you want the lower price.

Edit: yearly
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 12:24:32 PM by Trippy »
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 01:00:42 PM

I've found Disney good for the subscribe-a-few-months to watch a pile of MCU / Mandalorian etc, then cancel sub. I plan to resub in a few months once they have a bit more of a back catalog.
And thats coming from someone with teenage kids - if they were younger I'm sure it would just be a regular sub.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 06:29:05 PM

Marvel shit plus the Star Wars shit all made it worth it for me. I got in on the early deal too.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 06:32:52 PM

Disney+ is pretty much mandatory in my house, so I'm going to take the MCU stuff as a pleasant bonus. Would I sub just for this? No I'd hoist the black once a whole season was available. But it's going to be right there, and I'm going to watch it.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 09, 2021, 07:09:30 PM

I'll watch it. It doesn't particularly excite me but who knows.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #11 on: March 10, 2021, 08:14:06 PM

I think this one is only six episodes, which seems smart. It won't wear out its welcome too quickly. I hope.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 06:57:47 AM

Another sign of MCU quality, compared to the Netflix shows--they understand exactly how much story they have and they're not trying to fill a standard-size series order.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 12, 2021, 05:23:24 AM

D+ has a lot of good Nat Geo stuff to if you're in to that sort of thing.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #14 on: March 12, 2021, 06:25:49 AM

I expect a mediocre buddy action series, without much character development and mostly just setting up them as a team (endgame coda) and putting another piece of the next MCU phase into place. I'm already not a fan, because it's Skrulls and I hate the weak trope of shapeshifting. But I expect to enjoy it nonetheless, the last aliens were lame af and it worked well enough as a crappy backdrop for heroes to hero.

I just wish Disney would stop releasing the same basic trailer over and over on their YT channel. I hope to see a cool facet of the show and it's the same couple of scenes recut into a different order undecided

So I just assume it's mostly action and no further facets needed.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 12, 2021, 08:27:13 AM

After this the next one on D+ is Loki, in June, which looks to be fun. I guess What If? is this summer. I guess Shang-Chi is still scheduled for theatrical release this summer. I have no idea what that's gonna be like.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 12, 2021, 09:33:38 AM

I just wish Disney would stop releasing the same basic trailer over and over on their YT channel.
I guess there's more variance than I remember, but there is also a ton of repetition (mainly the plane scene and truck scene and later the 'coworkers' schtick).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkBfGvb7NzM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWBsDaFWyTE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbsRUNI7oh4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqcgzj344ow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdBUjYJ4-GQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJO9xScVOB0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyrlYjSPlhk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeqX4d3cWqk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqPsZlOBQok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt9ihEgJIZs (I believe this is the only unique promo thus far)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIG-HSaiotU

Ohhhhh, I see.

edited to add new upload just now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ySlvHLdxBw Some actual new clips and shows Mockingbird
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 01:22:45 PM by Sky »
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 12, 2021, 02:46:38 PM

Wait, Sharon Carter is going to be Mockingbird? I guess they can't have her go make googly eyes at Hawkeye since he's a family man in the MCU.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 12, 2021, 06:53:02 PM

Wait, Sharon Carter is going to be Mockingbird? I guess they can't have her go make googly eyes at Hawkeye since he's a family man in the MCU.

I don't think so, as Bobbi Morse was in Agents of SHIELD (played by Adrianne Palicki), although I don't remember if she went by that code name or not.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 12, 2021, 08:39:37 PM

Right! Weren't they going to spin her off at some point? I am guessing that Feige et al really wish Agents of SHIELD had never happened at all.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #20 on: March 12, 2021, 08:46:23 PM

Right! Weren't they going to spin her off at some point? I am guessing that Feige et al really wish Agents of SHIELD had never happened at all.

Pretty sure that everything TV pre D+ is going to be torched as a multiverse feverdream, at best.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 12, 2021, 09:01:06 PM

"In Universe 613, Colson survived, but not in this one. So sad."
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 12, 2021, 09:24:37 PM

I was going to say Daisy Johnson (Quake) was confirmed to be in a new MCU show but all I see on google are rumors.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #23 on: March 12, 2021, 09:31:12 PM

Yeah Secret Invasion was announced but not scheduled yet for Disney+ and she's rumored to be in it. It's scheduled to start shooting later this Spring so we may get confirmation of that then.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 12, 2021, 09:46:47 PM

Ugh, I'd want to see this because of reasons (gimme eye candy boys!) but I utterly loathe the actress playing Sharon Carter.  My husband watches the Resident (which she's also in) and I can't stand her in that either.  She just bugs the hell out of me.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #25 on: March 12, 2021, 10:23:34 PM

Yes, Bobbi Morse was on Agents of SHIELD and she and her boyfriend/ex-hubby left the show to go to a spinoff that never happened. She was basically Mockingbird in everything but name.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #26 on: March 13, 2021, 12:17:31 PM

Both those actors were really good in the roles and Marvel TV did them pretty dirty. Glad whats-his-bucket (Inhumans idiot) is now gone.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 13, 2021, 02:15:06 PM

My bad, I thought it was the chick from Agents of SHIELD. Too bad it seems they can't salvage the (few) good things from their non-MCU debacles.

I still haven't managed to catch Far From Home on any streaming service I'm on (Didny, Netflix, Prime). It's irritating.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 02:16:45 PM by Sky »
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 13, 2021, 03:00:09 PM

My bad, I thought it was the chick from Agents of SHIELD. Too bad it seems they can't salvage the (few) good things from their non-MCU debacles.

I still haven't managed to catch Far From Home on any streaming service I'm on (Didny, Netflix, Prime). It's irritating.
Currently on Hulu and Starz. Still technically a Sony franchise, so unlikely to come to Disney+.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 13, 2021, 06:13:18 PM

I was going to say Daisy Johnson (Quake) was confirmed to be in a new MCU show but all I see on google are rumors.

Well the actress is confirmed to be in the powerpuff girls live action show, so they'd have to get someone else.

I am the .00000001428%
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 13, 2021, 08:52:05 PM

Homecoming and Far From Home are both on Prime, though I think you have to pay a rental fee to watch (I know Homecoming wanted a rental charge when we tried to watch it at my folks place on prime the other day).

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 19, 2021, 03:33:16 PM

I think I should stop watching shows while I'm having bouts of insomnia; it makes me cranky I think lol.

So I liked the show. Although the ending was telegraphed in the trailers I was surprised they'd do that in the very first episode.

The  way this started I thought it was going to be mostly action, but it was really a lot of character work and a bit of world building (more blip fallout).

A few things triggered me but not enough to bother writing about.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 19, 2021, 04:43:33 PM

Seemed bitty to me.

And the blip fallout stuff was a lot of talking without enough showing.

Maybe if this had been a Sam episode and then they'd done a separate Bucky episode it would have flowed better.

I'm probably being fussy because Wandavision was so good.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 19, 2021, 11:40:45 PM

So far this doesn't seem as good as Wandavision but we'll see how it turns out. I fear Wandavision set the bar so high that this show may struggle with those raised expectations. I actually found it dragged a little to be honest. I get they were trying to do character work but it felt like it was about 10 minutes too long. When a Wandavision episode ended I was almost always going "Noooooo...I want to know what happens next!" In this one I went "eh, so there's the start of the conflict they'll need to deal with."

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 20, 2021, 07:25:29 AM

The "broke superhero" thing just doesn't make any sense, it's barely reasonable when it's a teenager like Spiderman, but Falcon should be pretty loaded from the work he does.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Falcon and the Winter soldier  
Jump to: