Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 09:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer 2018 - 2019 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soccer 2018 - 2019  (Read 1201 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 12, 2018, 05:52:58 PM

I'm sure I've said it before but it's amazing how BAD NBC Sports website is. Highlights and scores of games your OWN network actually broadcasts? fuckinghellgetoutwiththatshit.

so fucking bad.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #36 on: August 12, 2018, 07:09:00 PM

LIVERPOOL. LIVERPOOL.

As expected, they looked really good. If not for Fabianski in goal, it might have been 6 or 7 goals. Sure, we got the benefit of a really blind ass referee missing an obvious offsides call for the 3rd goal but it's not like we were ever in any danger of giving up even a two goal lead. West Ham is going to be better than the 4-0 result would suggest - Felipe Anderson and Balbuena look like really good acquisitions onto a team that has some talent but was stuck with unimpressive managers like Moyes.

Nice to see that Arsenal may be even worse than last year if only because Emery's focus on keeping the team from giving away really dumb ass goals is going to cause their attack to suffer. Also nice to see that United under Mourinho hasn't changed their approach one fucking iota so United fans can look forward to seeing 1 out 6 dazzling performances followed by 3-4 drab but effective performances with the odd complete damb squib of an outing against a team they should beat handily. Mourinho still doesn't know how to get the best out of Sanchez and Pogba and I expect by January, if Mourinho is still there, Sanchez will be sulking his way through every appearance.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 12, 2018, 07:31:22 PM

Scouses looked good. When's the first Man City Liverpool match??

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #38 on: August 13, 2018, 09:35:08 AM

Sunday, Oct. 7 at Anfield.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 13, 2018, 09:46:38 AM

2 months! Let's hope it's the match of the season when it does arrive. Arsenal will suck, Chelsea kinda sucks, Mourinho will find ways to make Man U suck (even if they shouldn't), Spurs will do something Spursy. It SHOULD be Liverpool vs Man City for the title.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 13, 2018, 10:33:42 AM

United still boring and aimless, Liverpool could win the league.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #41 on: August 13, 2018, 10:52:41 AM

United still boring and aimless, Liverpool could win the league.

Or in other words, United still have Jose Mourinho as manager and what worked at Chelsea a few years ago no longer works because the game has evolved and Mourinho resuses to. It's a news line that means the same as "water is wet" but said differently.  why so serious?

I'm honestly unsure why anyone in the football world who hasn't been in a coma for the last decade is shocked. Replacing Moyes and Van Gaal with Mourinho and then expecting the football to be attractive is just bonkers. Granted, I think Ed Woodward is a dolt and the Glazer family is more interested in loading the club with debt and making money off the merchandising of the brand than in having title-winning football (so long as the Champions League revenue comes in), so having achieved 2nd last season is a feat. The whole club is a slow motion train wreck waiting to happen and I can't wait until the Pogba/Mourinho feud gets exploded by the addition of the Sanchez/Mourinho feud, as Alexis starts making moon-eyes at Pep Guardiola again.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #42 on: October 04, 2018, 05:19:11 PM

EA and Nike probably seriously regret plastering Ronaldo’s face over everything right now.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 08, 2018, 09:55:39 AM

Top of the table is tiiiight. 

I'm amused when commentators profess amazement when the Liverpool - Man City game ended 0 - 0. Really, the two teams who've given up 6 goals total in 16 games , under a crap load of pressure manage to cancel each other out. duh. Oh and Mahrez, a guy who sucks at taking penalties and obviously didn't WANT to take the penalty is given the chance and blows it. Suck it Pep.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #44 on: October 08, 2018, 10:02:16 AM

That was a really good game. Based on how shitty the form of Mane, Firmino and especially Salah is, I'm happy enough with a 0-0 draw, especially after Van Djik gave up a really stupid penalty.

It's so clear that Salah and Firmino especially need a rest. Sturridge/Solanke and Shaqiri need to get some league starts against the cupcakes like Huddersfield.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer 2018 - 2019  
Jump to: