Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:44:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 103477 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: June 10, 2018, 03:39:32 PM

Here's the very first trailer beside that amazing teaser from a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8&feature=em-uploademail

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 04:39:43 PM

No gameplay, no release date.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 08:24:40 PM

After seeing what the move to scifi did for Gothic/Risen/Elex...I'm extremely excited for this one. Witcher 3 was just so damned good, this one is going to be amazing.

"When it's done" has always been the best release date.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 08:28:01 PM

in discord i called it, i believe

5th Ghost in the Grand Theft Cyber Element
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 09:10:48 PM

"When it's done" has always been the best release date.

I'd agree for the most part (Star Citizen being a notable exception). But they never should have announced this game back in 2012, especially since the hidden message in this trailer mentions that pre-production didn't fully start until after Blood and Wine was done (which released in 2016). So kindly fuck them for announcing a game four years before actually starting to work on it, and then expecting me to get excited over a trailer that doesn't actually show the game. That said, there's a good chance I'll love the game when it comes out.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 04:13:58 AM

Fantastic trailer. I noticed there are complaints mentioning it's not grim/Blade Runner-esque/rainy enough, too bright etc. While I never played the original PnP RPG back in the day, from what I understand it's a slightly different vision of the future, influenced by the 80's and not so much by Blade Runner or Neuromancer (although it can't escape some kind of inspiration, of course).

Hopefully it's everything Warren Spector dreamed about back at the end of the 90s when he (along with others) conceived Deus Ex and couldn't do because of hardware limitations.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 08:34:59 AM

That looked great to me. It definitely feels like an updated Cyberpunk feel, still with some of that "what the future will look like from the '80's perspective" but with some updated ideas.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 03:13:16 AM

William Gibson does not like Cyberpunk 2077 trailer. I see his point, although I liked it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-11-
william-gibson-was-bang-on-about-cyberpunk-2077-and-grand-theft-auto Heartbreak

schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 05:39:56 AM

Well, William Gibson fucking sucks. I didn't really care either way about the trailer, but seriously, Gibson is an overrated hack. He writes utter nonsense.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 07:32:29 AM

I liked Gibson's Bridge trilogy. As for the trailer it seems to just show the world as you'd expect if it's based on cp2020 with zero info on actual gameplay mechanics.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 08:36:23 AM

Some gameplay will be shown today in the afternoon (USA)/evening(Europe):

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1006552481973850113

Personally I don't expect a big departure from the Witcher 3 *overall* gameplay structure, especially regarding exploration, dialogue, choices. The setting, of course, will dictate some changes, like ranged gun combat and maybe deep weapon customization.

We already know there will be character creation and classes, and will be possible to choose between a male and female protagonist.

From the hidden announcement included in the "boot-up" sequence before the trailer:

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't like anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too.

But, to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and... well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions,

1. When?
When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're infinitely much closer to a release date than we were back then, but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

2. How big?
Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

3. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM?
Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

4. Microtransactions?
In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours,
CD PROJEKT RED Team.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:43:10 AM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 08:46:51 AM

If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest

this is (just) america

releasing this during the trump presidency feels like a mistake
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 09:42:56 AM

Personally I don't expect a big departure from the Witcher 3 *overall* gameplay structure, especially regarding exploration, dialogue, choices. The setting, of course, will dictate some changes, like ranged gun combat and maybe deep weapon customization.
That's my feeling (and hope, it ain't broke). I could see the tech stuff slotting into alchemy easily, mixing chemicals and implants and whatnot. I hope the weapons get a pass to improve on the simple slot system. The questing and dialog should take care of itself, really looking forward to the change in setting, as I said earlier. Easy pre-order of the game + DLC pass.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 09:51:11 AM

Well, William Gibson fucking sucks. I didn't really care either way about the trailer, but seriously, Gibson is an overrated hack. He writes utter nonsense.

Thank you. I have been of that opinion for decades. I'll put Harlan Ellison in that bag too.

And even if you like his writing you really should admit that he is now an old fart who shouldn't be gone to for opinions on video games.
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: June 12, 2018, 09:51:59 AM

if you like his writing then you like bad writing

seriously

dude writes garbage

fan fiction of a genre that doesn't exist
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 10:19:49 AM

Ok, I'll bite.  All I've read of his was the Sprawl trilogy, which I overall enjoyed.  Mind you, I should say that I really liked Neuromancer, and thought the other two works were mostly enjoyable if forgettable.

So I guess, did you really hate Neuromancer that bad?  Because I thought it was a great read, with writing that painted a vividly dark world, with a perfect mix of action and thoughtful depression.  Though its been.... a long time since I read it, so that could be a factor.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 10:32:14 AM

the only good thing that ever came out of gibson was johnny mnemonic and that required Robert Longo and Keanu Reeves to not be total garbage

edit: how long since you've read it, because teenage me didn't think anne rice was garbage (spoiler: she's garbage)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 10:47:27 AM

Never liked his writing, but I liked the world he imagined and described.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 12:33:48 PM

From Jessie Cox's twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/JesseCox/status/1006596942896349184

And more at the thread I linked. From another post, it seems that there are no loading screens between the (six) city districts.

One more thing (full articles will start trickling out soon, I guess): it seems that the game is in first person, unlike the Witcher series (already read some grumblings about it but hey...That little game called "Deus Ex" was in first person too :P)

Length of demo (played by the devs) is about 50 minutes, from what I read.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 12:38:04 PM by Lucas »

schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: June 12, 2018, 12:41:33 PM

yea i mean

it's either true Deus Ex 2 or it sucks

i think we've all been operating off that assumption
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 12:50:00 PM

More info I got from the following link (mentioned during the Gamespot stream...Can't watch right now):

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-details-first-person-rpg-w-shooter-elements-classes-up-new-screenshots-demo-info.48630/page-15#post-9142084

Cyberpunk Info from GameSpot Stream:

- Game is FPS perspective
- FPS perspective made to feel more personal
- RPG with Shooter Elements not a Shooter with RPG elements
- Multiple different progression systems (Skills, Perks, etc.)
- V, protagonist - urban merc/hired gun.
- Full character creation system (Gender, Looks, Lifepath/Backstory)
- You DO NOT pick classes in the beginning, class system is fluid based on choices
- Dystopian Cyberpunk future shown in sunlight on purpose. Full Day/Night Cycle. Noir themes bleed through environment and aesthetic
- Characters from Cyberpunk 2020 lore will appear
- Netrunner Techie and Solo are main focused classes
- You can combine classes
- Optional classes exist (like Rockerboy and Corporate) and you can pull perks from them to add into your own custom class
- Story and quest system from Witcher 3 is implemented into Cyberpunk similarly.
- Choice and consequence is HUGE. Emphasized that the game is an RPG first and foremost
- Story is personalized by player choice.
- Combat - Ranged combat and Melee combat. Learned lessons from Witcher 3. FPS Melee combat.
- Weapons - 3 branches - Power Weapons (heavy hitting/stagger), Tech Weapons (penetrating through cover), Smart Weapons (tracking/following)
- Vehicles - Motorcycles, Cars, hinted at flying cars.
- V is a fully voiced character. Both Male and Female completely voiced.
- V's personality is shaped by player. Backstory and interactions shape V's personality.
- Cyberpunk is a dark dystopia in the same vein as Witcher 3 being Dark Fantasy
- Details of the world - everything has a purpose. World design was a huge focus in setting the tone.
- Night City - in between SF and LA (fictional city). Inspired by both cities.
- 6 unique districts in the city. Each area has its own feel on top of the base Noir feel
- Exploration is encouraged.
- Witcher was horizontally huge, Cyberpunk is vertically huge.
- You can enter buildings, Mega Buildings exist as well with multiple floors and multiple areas to explore within a single building.
- No level scaling. 2 forms of XP - Core XP - Main Missions and Street Cred - Side missions
- Higher Street Cred opens new exclusive vendors and fixers (new jobs)

schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 01:24:50 PM

>You don't pick a class
>Look at all this class nonsense

That shit is more confusing than the bethsoft dedicated server nonsense
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 01:52:33 PM

I think it just means that, at the beginning of the game, you only get to choose your gender and name, then there is probably some sort of story-driven prologue that will eventually determine your class and backstory.

schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 02:19:38 PM

Yeah I get that

But you watch, after the tutorial you're totally gonna be presented with a trinary set of dialogue options and actions that have you picking a class.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 12, 2018, 02:29:30 PM

Yep, that's a possibility (of course let's hope for something a bit more innovative and less straightforward). Devs should talk about the game shortly on IGN live show:

http://www.ign.com/events/e3

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 12, 2018, 03:54:44 PM

I think it just means that, at the beginning of the game, you only get to choose your gender and name, then there is probably some sort of story-driven prologue that will eventually determine your class and backstory.

DON'T TELL HIM WHAT IT MEANS!

WayAbvPar

Reply #26 on: June 14, 2018, 10:16:26 AM

I will cut you *

* I am honor bound to defend Gibson since he retweeted me a few weeks back  awesome, for real

Honestly though- I thought The Peripheral was his best work since the Bridge stuff. Loved it.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 14, 2018, 03:24:22 PM

Honestly though- I thought The Peripheral was his best work since the Bridge stuff. Loved it.

I'm not honor bound to defend him, and I thought that book was god awful and a missed opportunity at writing something interesting and unique instead of aping Stross.  I'm still excited for Cyberpunk at least though  Ohhhhh, I see.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 14, 2018, 04:02:00 PM

I liked his earlier books, his writing gets worse over time.  I slogged through some till finally giving up half way through Spook Country.

I'm not surprised Gibson hated the trailer, he seems to pretty much hate everything.

I have such high hopes for this game I am sure to be disappointed.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 01:30:24 PM

I'm a big William Gibson and Cyberpunk fan (obviously), but Gibson's "modern-day" trilogy was pretty bland. Way too much interest in fashion and much less in anything else.

WayAbvPar

Reply #30 on: June 15, 2018, 04:00:37 PM

That was definitely the worst of his writing. That is probably why I was so excited about The Peripheral- it was more a return to his sci fi/cyberpunk roots.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #31 on: June 15, 2018, 08:30:23 PM

Yeah, fuck that. The sprawl trilogy is still the fucking tits.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 27, 2018, 11:47:23 AM

48 minutes long gameplay reveal (narrated):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0

schild
Administrator

Reply #33 on: August 27, 2018, 11:52:18 AM

Spoiler: day fucking one
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: August 27, 2018, 12:14:53 PM

Spoiler: day fucking one

Yep. Mind is positively blown. Wow.

Yeah, gameplay shows some linked, very engaging quests, in  true Witcher-style fashion; knowing the style, tho, when truly played, what has been shown is just a minor, 5-hour detour in the grand scheme of things :D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 12:18:47 PM by Lucas »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  
Jump to: