Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 23, 2019, 04:14:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Fallout 76 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout 76  (Read 16960 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #385 on: December 31, 2018, 11:38:09 AM

Diablo 3 was fun out of the box, as opposed to lots of ARPG (PoE for example, feels like utter shit when you first pick it up). It was indeed broken and needed fixing because for multiple reasons that fun lasted about a week, but the core game and gameplay was one of the best ARPGs out of the box. On the other hand, Path of Exile seems to have blossomed into a very good, rich and deep game if you stick around long enough. But at the base of the experience there was and always will be a wooden, stiff, clunky Diablo clone.

schild
Administrator

Reply #386 on: December 31, 2018, 12:18:21 PM

PoE still feels like trash. Facts. It's a better game than before and will keep getting better.

But the Chinese own it now and they're not going to redo the physics.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: December 31, 2018, 12:40:09 PM

Loot is more important than feel/physics/whatever in ARPGs, to me; by that metric, D3 was awful at launch.

Check out my podcast: ADD&D, Attention Deficit Dungeons & Dragons!
"I think it's time for a dose of F13 RED PILL MOTHER FUCKERS" ~cosapi
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: December 31, 2018, 05:22:07 PM

POE has the most delicious loot. And delicious loot that makes even better loot.

Probably the best ARPG on the market by a fair distance. Blizzard is incapable of making a game with POEs complexities.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: December 31, 2018, 05:26:26 PM

I still want a crack at that Korean ARPG.  It looks awesome.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #390 on: December 31, 2018, 07:11:53 PM

I still want a crack at that Korean ARPG.  It looks awesome.

Yeah its a real shame about Lost Ark

I'm def not hardcore ARPG demographic, which still surprises me considering D1 was the reason I got into online multiplayer gaming in the first place. But it turns out that once the game starts to get solved and the clear speed gets so fast I find the whole thing rather boring and pointless. D3 feels amazing but is completely empty of interesting gameplay for me. In fact the direction they took with rifts is like peak nuBlizz garbage fmpov. PoE has a bunch of bizzare content and jank I enjoy and when you have a good build the core gameplay while not as smooth or pretty feels fine because you are just murderwaving your wave through everything but again I just don't find the ratio of times I'm pleased with some play I made to how much time I play in PoE isn't high enough to warrant getting deeply into it.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #391 on: January 01, 2019, 06:55:11 PM

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: January 05, 2019, 03:27:48 PM

Sooo... uh, who knew there was an xx19 bug triggering a non-Armageddon in the future.

One of the key mechanics in Fallout 76 -- specifically, its multiplayer mode -- is the ability to launch nuclear weapons. Doing this requires that players find (and decrypt) pieces of launch codes. Once they have all the pieces, they input a code into a terminal located inside one of the game's three nuclear silos. On January 1, this entire system died. Players wanting to access the silos found the doors locked shut (and on a timer lasting 9,999 hours), while the enemy ghouls who have to be killed and looted in order to obtain pieces of the codes flat-out disappeared from the map.

Players were left wandering a wasteland of confusion. What was going on? Was this a new storyline? Did Bethesda remember that the Fallout series was supposed to be about how nuclear weapons are a bad thing? And then it turned out that no, it was a bug caused by a bad piece of programming which broke when the real-life date changed from 2018 to 2019. Bethesda was soon on the case and launched (although not from a silo) a hotfix that took care of the issue. Or at least, it took care of it for now. It's hard to say for certain, considering that it only seems to manifest itself on New Year's Day. (On the upside, if it happens again, we can just rerun this article with the dates slightly changed.)

http://www.cracked.com/article_26127_a-fallout-76-bug-accidentally-erased-all-games-nukes.html

Sometimes irony is pretty ironic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Fallout 76  
Jump to: