Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:53:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destiny 2  (Read 110485 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #175 on: May 06, 2018, 11:22:39 AM

There's really no way to turn the music down? It's either full blast or silence? What the super fuck?

Brennik
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: May 07, 2018, 02:05:31 AM

One of the audio options mutes music but that doesn't work for the title screen  Ohhhhh, I see. There's more options coming with Warmind tomorrow, no idea if those help.
WayAbvPar

Reply #177 on: May 08, 2018, 11:17:06 AM

I subbed to Humble Bundle this month to pick this up. Got a warlock up to about level 9 yesterday. Sorta fun, in a fever dream-y kinda way. Hasn't truly grabbed me yet, though. What am I missing?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: May 08, 2018, 11:25:55 AM

You are missing New York. I am killing time with it too and it's polished, but as I said before this feels like a less interesting The Division to me. (I know, FPS vs 3PS). Or some post-apocalyptic humour as this is also a duller Borderlands.
Such generic Science Fiction is hard to swallow these days.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: May 08, 2018, 01:50:13 PM

This is the featured game on the Humble Monthly this month so I bought it. $12 for a $60 game felt like a good enough proposition.

That's odd, it's not on Steam.  Are they giving out Battle.net codes? So far everything in the bundle has been either on Steam or just a DRM free direct download as far as I know.  Weird.  I guess I'll find out in a month.

If you have the Humble Monthly, you can unlock Destiny 2 now.  I also have a spare key since I bought it when it came out.  Wish I had waited until now, though. Facepalm  If anyone wants it, send me a PM.  
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:14:25 AM by Ginaz »
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #180 on: May 10, 2018, 08:43:18 PM

You are missing New York. I am killing time with it too and it's polished, but as I said before this feels like a less interesting The Division to me. (I know, FPS vs 3PS). Or some post-apocalyptic humour as this is also a duller Borderlands.

You're not missing New York. As much as I love my hometown and the Division. They're not the same. Even with the expansion of the Dark Zone, I still can't see my home. (That's the New York part.) The two games on my most played list for the last two years have been Destiny and The Division. That said, the Division is an amazing game right now and arguably better than D2 but the devs have basically all but turned out the lights on it with the exception of a couple of small minor updates in wait for The Division 2, which I fear will make some of the same mistakes Bungie did with Destiny 2.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 01:57:24 PM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: May 11, 2018, 01:09:32 AM

This is the featured game on the Humble Monthly this month so I bought it. $12 for a $60 game felt like a good enough proposition.

That's odd, it's not on Steam.  Are they giving out Battle.net codes? So far everything in the bundle has been either on Steam or just a DRM free direct download as far as I know.  Weird.  I guess I'll find out in a month.

If you have the Humble Monthly, you can unlock Destiny 2 now.  I also have a spare key since I bought it when it came out.  Wish I had waited until now, though. Facepalm  If anyone wants it, send me a PM. 

I'm confused about this though ;  I can unlock it now for 12 quid, right ?  But it seems to suggest that I'll still get billed next month ?  Or is it a 'pay your month in advance and not next month' thing ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #182 on: May 11, 2018, 07:46:37 AM

It's pay this month's in advance. You won't be billed twice. Either pay the 12 quid now and play it now, or it charges at the regular time of the month and the game doesn't unlock for you until the end of the month.

WayAbvPar

Reply #183 on: May 11, 2018, 09:34:48 AM

You're not missing New York. As much as I love my hometown and the Division. They're not the same. Even with the expansion of the Dark Zone, I still can't see my home. (That's the New York part.) The two games on my most played list for the last two years have been Destiny and The Division. That said, the Division is an amazing game right now and arguably better than D2 but there debs have basically all but turned out the lights on it with the exception of a couple of small minor updates in wait for The Division 2, which I fear will make some of the same mistakes Bungie did with Destiny 2.

Agreed about The Division. I pray they build on it with sorely learned lessons for the sequel, so we don't have to wait 2 years after release for a playable game.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: May 12, 2018, 03:16:25 AM

This game is super boring.

WayAbvPar

Reply #185 on: May 13, 2018, 09:05:18 AM

This game is super boring.

I was literally coming to post the same thing. Up to level 14 and bored to fucking tears.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: May 13, 2018, 12:34:16 PM

My point was that Destiny 2 lacks personality, which The Division has in truckloads. The setting is incredibly generic super-heroish sci-fi that is hard to give a fuck. Without at least a bit of charisma, these games are just shooting galleries. Which can be fun for a while, but I think it's telling that they are all having a hard time retaining players no matter the hype or the production value. I am still looking forward to The Division 2 though.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: May 13, 2018, 03:09:09 PM

Narrator :  It Wasn't.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #188 on: May 13, 2018, 03:20:19 PM

I've only played it a little and it seems decent enough. It doesn't seem like much of an upgrade over the first one, only more of the same.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: May 13, 2018, 03:36:12 PM

"More of the same" seems to be the big criticism of this.

I've played a couple of hours of this and I thought the intro where you lose your powers was a great into... until you get them back 2 missions later. Yey I was almost interested!

I'm not actually sure why I didn't play it again, to be honest. There was nothing wrong with it as such.

Hic sunt dracones.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #190 on: May 13, 2018, 03:51:03 PM

It's actually (still) worse that Destiny 1 + expansions.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: May 13, 2018, 04:33:21 PM

Second DLC has launched - Warmind

Review below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYCwVrk8N70

Hic sunt dracones.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: May 14, 2018, 01:06:25 AM

This game is basically a pretty version of 'Duck Hunt'.

Ages ago, when I played the first Halo, I found it soulless and mindless and boring.  Now I found myself playing something that reminded me SO strongly of Halo, I was forced to comment on it.

To which the audience said 'You know this is by the guys that did Halo, right ?'  I did not.  It surprises me how little they've learned.

The levels are boring.  The loot is boring.  The characters are boring.  The combat is boring.  The enemy AI is slightly north of 'Utterly Retarded'. 

I suspect this might be a fun game with friends.  Alas, I have none, so I think I'm just gonna put it away in it's wee box and ignore it ..... Once I've got my character all mad purp gear.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #193 on: May 14, 2018, 01:32:57 AM

Yeah, I played endless hours of the original Halo multiplayer with friends.  We use to get 4 xboxes together and get 16 player action going.  It was amazing.

I think I spent all of 10 minutes trying to play the actual game and gave up out of boredom.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: May 15, 2018, 11:12:04 AM

I bought this at full price and got my money's worth, but I had a regular group of six to raid with. Once we stopped playing together regularly I immediately lost the will to log in.

Leveling through the teens was definitely the worst. It gets better once you settle into a set of weapons you like and can start chasing item levels in earnest.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: May 15, 2018, 11:36:23 AM

No.  Fuck that.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: May 15, 2018, 05:09:32 PM

"Once you pick the torture you like its not so bad." That sounds good.

Hic sunt dracones.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: May 18, 2018, 06:12:29 PM

I mean yeah

If you're not raiding and if you don't want to shoot the same three aliens for hours so that you can make your numbers go up (not the numbers that matter; those get auto-scaled to wherever you are) then this game is not for you.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #198 on: May 27, 2018, 08:54:47 PM

But the raid itself is garbage. It relies too much on mechanics and is a shitty situation to run noobs and weaker players through.

It’s like they took all the worst parts of the Destiny 1 raids and rolled them into one and said, “good luck, you fuckin’ tryhards!”

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #199 on: June 05, 2018, 10:44:03 AM

Twofer post because the Year Two reveal just dropped.

It's looking like they might have actually listened to the more sensible players instead of the tryhards.

Destiny 1 Weapon choices, random rolls on weapons, moar story. new supers.

Keeping my hype level down considering year one, but it looks promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u4oyarcc4I

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #200 on: June 05, 2018, 11:11:45 AM

Needs moar Paul Barnett  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
schild
Administrator

Reply #201 on: June 05, 2018, 10:43:56 PM

Twofer post because the Year Two reveal just dropped.

It's looking like they might have actually listened to the more sensible players instead of the tryhards.

Destiny 1 Weapon choices, random rolls on weapons, moar story. new supers.

Keeping my hype level down considering year one, but it looks promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u4oyarcc4I

random rolls on weapons you say :thinking:
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: July 06, 2018, 07:53:21 PM

I'm playing the free weekend of this and nothing is grabbing me yet. I can't help but compare it to Warframe. Even as level 1 MR in Warframe I felt like the game was was fun and intriguing. At MR24 I can never wait for the next story to come out. In D2 I'm intrigued but not engaged.

Cliffs: WF seems to have more depth than D2

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #203 on: July 07, 2018, 08:37:57 PM

D2's depth is built, sadly on the memories of D1.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #204 on: July 13, 2018, 06:45:20 AM

Cliffs: WF seems to have more depth than D2

It's not just "seems" and Warfarm keeps adding things.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #205 on: October 13, 2018, 12:48:56 AM

It's actually (still) worse that Destiny 1 + expansions.
Well it took them a year but apparently they've reverted D2 back to D1* with the Forsaken expansion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DypNaZOIcqo

It'll cost you an arm and a leg to get the D1 experience in D2, though, since you need all the previous DLC to play Forsaken

* Literally, like the return of 6v6 in many/most PvP modes, shotgun and sniper as secondary weapons, and loot with random rolls. Basically it sounds like every gameplay decision they made for D2 to "improve" it they've reverted back to how it is in D1.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: October 13, 2018, 08:25:27 AM

They're folding all the old dlc into Forsaken (I think, I don't actually play this game, don't shoot the messenger if I'm wrong). 

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/10/12/destiny-2-forsaken-to-start-including-prerequisite-expansions-for-free/
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: November 03, 2018, 10:42:36 AM

Destiny 2 is free till the 18th if you want to pat yourself on the back for saving $60

https://eu.account.blizzard.com/gifts/?blzcmp=app

Hic sunt dracones.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #208 on: January 10, 2019, 03:52:17 PM

Bungie tells Activision to piss off and keeps Destiny in the process.

Considering Kotick is still a goatfucker, this is good news. They also got a cool 100 mil in fresh funding to throw at a new game, which I'm hoping is related to Marathon.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: January 10, 2019, 05:03:33 PM

Black Armory DLC is grindy shit that has no story line and ruined the whole Forsaken experience. Forsaken redeemed Bungie and then they went and fucked it all up again.

There are so many things that I hate about BA that makes me want to rage but instead I haven't touched the game in weeks and just don't give a shit about it anymore. Activision or no Activision, I won't spend money on Bungie games again, they keep fucking up.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2  
Jump to: