Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 14, 2019, 06:53:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destiny 2  (Read 42344 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #210 on: January 10, 2019, 08:11:34 PM

As grindy as BA may be, if that was your focus, you missed a lot of good shit.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: January 11, 2019, 12:48:07 AM

There was more to it than going from forge to forge? I'd finished CoO/WM/Forsaken on all 3 characters and had got them all to 600. The need to keep grinding more levels as part of the DLC did my head in and the cosmetics aren't worth it. If they implemented cosmetics as in Guild Wars I'd be interested.

If there is more storyline etc I'd try forges again but TBH I can't see it being worthwhile. I didn't get past the first forge because it was a case of grind some more for higher level gear so that you can do the content. It's as bad as the  Ace of Spades shit which I'm still not over - playing crucible on Aussie ping made that shit un-doable.

I'm sick of Bungie locking stuff behind grind and PVP.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #212 on: January 11, 2019, 03:18:43 AM

Bungie tells Activision to piss off and keeps Destiny in the process.

Considering Kotick is still a goatfucker, this is good news. They also got a cool 100 mil in fresh funding to throw at a new game, which I'm hoping is related to Marathon.
It's interesting they were able to get out of their contract a year and half or so early (was supposed to last until mid-2020). Bungie must have been costing Activision a decent chunk of money.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: September 30, 2019, 07:21:35 PM

Rise from your motherfucking grave for one last hurrah.

Tomorrow:

- 2nd expansion launches
- PC finalizes move from Battle.net to Steam
- Game is now F2P with a Fortnite-style progression system
- Levels are gone. All new players start at 700ish Power.
- Brand new players will get the OG Destiny 1 starting story, not the D2 tower-attack-Light-loss fiasco.
- Cross-saved play is now available. You can't play cross-platform, but if you've got multiple platforms to your avail, you can access your same account and hang with your appropriate homies.
EDIT: - This seemed worthy of edit: Armor system also getting overhauled or something.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 07:24:16 PM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #214 on: September 30, 2019, 07:35:59 PM

Having the base system as F2P I suspect will inject some life into the platform. I'm going to give it a stab, but I'm not buying the expac unless I get really caught up in it.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: October 01, 2019, 09:27:22 AM

I'm sitting with all 3 classes on 750 light waiting for the expansion to release.

Chalice was a lot of fun and I finally got into playing Crucible, finishing the Ace of Spades and falling in love with hand cannons.

I'm going to miss my furnace armor though.

By and large, Forsaken was a great expansion and moving to Steam should be great. I was sick of the Blizzard launcher.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #216 on: October 01, 2019, 02:49:44 PM

A shame they couldn't make the expansion purchases cross platform like the characters.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: October 01, 2019, 02:58:36 PM

A shame they couldn't make the expansion purchases cross platform like the characters.

Eh, gives them something to shoot for with Destiny 3  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: October 01, 2019, 04:24:04 PM

16400 in a queue.

That's what happens when you pre-purchase the expansion. I should have realised that Bungie had no hope of handling all the free to pay players and forgot about their user base.

Back to WoW classic and Warframe for me

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2  
Jump to: