Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:33:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destiny 2  (Read 110509 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: November 21, 2017, 01:47:28 PM

On sale in the Blizzard Store for $40 this week. Tempting....

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: November 21, 2017, 04:00:11 PM

On sale in the Blizzard Store for $40 this week. Tempting....

You can get it at Green Man Gaming right now for $35.87 US.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #142 on: November 22, 2017, 07:38:47 PM

Curse of Osiris drops in two weeks too, so there may be reason to keep playing.

We'll see.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: November 26, 2017, 05:30:47 PM

It looks like Bungie isn't above treating it's players like shit just like everyone else does.  They were purposefully reducing xp gains for some activities after reaching max level when players were grinding out Bright Engram xp.  They've changed it now only because they got caught.  Fuck these guys.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/11/25/destiny-2-has-been-secretly-reducing-xp-gains-and-is-stopping-after-fans-caught-on/#6bb4c5056a76

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq05MgGMVMM
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:54:17 PM by Ginaz »
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: November 28, 2017, 09:57:38 AM

So, obviously with all the experience gains uproar, and possibly dwindling (or lower than expected) populations, they decided they needed to do something drastic.. which means you now can try this for FREE with no limitation of time (but capped at level 7) on all 3 platforms!!

Additional Free Trial inclusions :
Campaign Mission on EDZ & Titan
Adventure and Explore two full worlds
PvP Multiplayer: Crucible Quickplay Playlist
Gameplay carries over to full game with purchase
Clan Functionality

https://www.destinythegame.com/free-trial

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: November 28, 2017, 02:28:16 PM

Aaaaaand downloading  awesome, for real

They've also cancelled doing a live stream this week that was supposed to promo the first DLC to instead make way for a (live?) blog from the Bungie devs in an effort to clear the air about all the drama as of late.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: November 29, 2017, 08:23:03 AM

Having fun with the trial. From a lore point, it would have been nice if they had spent a bit more time bringing new players to the series up-to-speed on the events of D1, but then I'm preaching to the wrong audience here on that point  why so serious?

Is there an easy way to ensure I've picked up all potential loot/ammo from a fight? I feel like I'm missing out on stuff after a firefight jumping and shooting everywhere.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #147 on: November 29, 2017, 10:46:03 AM

Having fun with the trial. From a lore point, it would have been nice if they had spent a bit more time bringing new players to the series up-to-speed on the events of D1, but then I'm preaching to the wrong audience here on that point  why so serious?

Is there an easy way to ensure I've picked up all potential loot/ammo from a fight? I feel like I'm missing out on stuff after a firefight jumping and shooting everywhere.

Only loot you'll get to drop are engrams - purple ones will need an extra step. Otherwise, it doesn't matter much if you miss one or one falls off the map, those will all be sent to the postal droid on the Farm/Wall.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #148 on: November 29, 2017, 10:57:05 AM

Standard Edition on sale for US$26 on all platforms right now: https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-2-PlayStation-4-Standard/dp/B06XPNX59W?th=1
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: November 29, 2017, 10:58:48 AM

Standard Edition on sale for US$26 on all platforms right now: https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-2-PlayStation-4-Standard/dp/B06XPNX59W?th=1

50% off the PC version 6 weeks after launch.  I should have waited.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: November 29, 2017, 04:56:21 PM

Only loot you'll get to drop are engrams - purple ones will need an extra step. Otherwise, it doesn't matter much if you miss one or one falls off the map, those will all be sent to the postal droid on the Farm/Wall.
Ah ok, I get it. Thanks :)

Follow-up on drama, Bungie pushed the pledged blog, detailing changes with dates.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46504

tl;dr:
- You fuckers win, we'll let you random God-roll talents and stats on legendary gear, but exotics stay stat-locked.
- We tried to be funny with XP, but we failed at coding it correctly and got caught. Mea culpa.
- We hear you on balance stuffs. We'll try and talk more with you about it and fix it in December.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: November 29, 2017, 05:00:33 PM

Even at that price I don't know if I'm going to pull the trigger. Nothing I've read or seen seems like a substantial improvement over D1 besides "can be played with keyboard and mouse."

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: November 29, 2017, 05:14:28 PM

Even at that price I don't know if I'm going to pull the trigger. Nothing I've read or seen seems like a substantial improvement over D1 besides "can be played with keyboard and mouse."

Save your money.  Two of my friends were diehard Destiny 1 players that swore they would be playing Destiny 2 for the next 6 months.  Both of them quit after 3 weeks.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: November 30, 2017, 04:49:11 AM

Finished the trial content. Yeah, I'm glad I saved my $60. Assuming they pull through on what they posted in the blog, I could see picking this up with the year 1 content bundled in next year. But not now.

Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: November 30, 2017, 07:31:47 AM

I pulled the trigger at $26.  Demo was fun enough to warrant that. 

Never would have gone in at $60.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #155 on: November 30, 2017, 03:49:13 PM

Waiting is how I missed out on bitcoins.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #156 on: November 30, 2017, 05:31:23 PM

You still have a chance! Speculators say they could hit 60k in a few years and hit a million when the market inevitably crashes!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #157 on: December 01, 2017, 06:25:58 AM

Can I buy just part of a bitcoin?  It's like fucking Halliburton stock.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #158 on: December 01, 2017, 08:51:04 AM

As I understand it, yes. I am not an expert nor am I going to invest, however.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: December 12, 2017, 04:31:16 AM

Friend of mine gifted this to me when it was on sale this week, so I'm playing it. The shooty parts are good, but I can understand the complaints much more clearly now.

Aside from the new raid, the first DLC has apparently been received as well as a turd in the swimming pool would be. This video sums up it up well, and makes one wonder why Mercury didn't ship with the base game.

SkillUp, who did the magnificent 40 minute video review of all of Destiny 1, has officially thrown in the towel.

Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: December 12, 2017, 05:39:52 AM

Friend of mine gifted this to me when it was on sale this week, so I'm playing it. The shooty parts are good, but I can understand the complaints much more clearly now.

Aside from the new raid, the first DLC has apparently been received as well as a turd in the swimming pool would be. This video sums up it up well, and makes one wonder why Mercury didn't ship with the base game.

SkillUp, who did the magnificent 40 minute video review of all of Destiny 1, has officially thrown in the towel.

Each new planet will cost you another $30. That's why... it's the new hotness. $60 to get started and an additional $30 to keep up with the Jones'

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
grunk
Terracotta Army

This poster is a gibbering retard. Also, he used to post from a rehab clinic.

Reply #161 on: December 13, 2017, 10:54:41 AM

really simple people, fuck this game and go play Escape From Tarkov
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: December 13, 2017, 11:16:17 AM

I'm re-downloading Warframe on my PS4.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #163 on: March 22, 2018, 11:53:09 AM

Well, late to the party. Just completed the campaign.

I skipped reading the complains here to go in with an open mind.  Playing with a friend, just finishend the campaign.

Not sure if there is enough "meat" for longterm interest, but so far it's good.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 11:59:09 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: March 22, 2018, 12:09:04 PM

I skipped reading the complains here to go in with an open mind.  Playing with a friend, just finishend the campaign.

It's not a bad game.  It's just not a vast improvement over Destiny and it's certainly not worth the price they are charging.

WAY more hype than value.

-  Mark Twain
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #165 on: March 23, 2018, 04:59:00 PM

If there were no history behind it, it would be a good game. Unfortunately, there's Age of Triumph Destiny and this is a step backward from that.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: March 27, 2018, 06:28:57 AM

I skipped reading the complains here to go in with an open mind.  Playing with a friend, just finishend the campaign.

It's not a bad game.  It's just not a vast improvement over Destiny and it's certainly not worth the price they are charging.

WAY more hype than value.

Thankfully bought it for $30 and already got my worth back just with the "dress up your character" gameplay part.

Although that turned out more like > 300 different shaders and colours > end up going for for wood-camouflage & black-trenchcoat tacti-cool look anyway.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

There is a new update (1.1.4) coming out today: Go Fast Update – Developer Commentary

Josh Hamerick clearly hasn't left his dude-bro phase behind.  swamp poop Edit: Why I am so bitchy lately ? Sorry. Also, the change sound good.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 06:36:12 AM by calapine »

calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: March 27, 2018, 06:57:05 AM

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: March 27, 2018, 04:19:29 PM

People are still playing this? Head scratch
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #169 on: March 29, 2018, 10:26:42 AM

I was tempted by the 505 discount and then I remembered that it is still 30$ more expensive than Warframe, sooo...

calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: April 17, 2018, 10:52:54 AM

Snarky comments by Mr. Snarky F13 aside, yes people still play the game. I do enjoy the game and spend quite a lot of time in it at the moment. The recent 1.1.4 changes have helped as well, gameplay feels more crisp.

If anyone feels like some pew pew (Strikes, Missions, etc), I am Calapine#2676 - EU server.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 10:55:24 AM by calapine »

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #171 on: April 18, 2018, 11:34:51 PM

Six-on-six Iron Banner feels a tad crowded on maps tuned for four-on-four. I'll still take the crowding over the bullshit esports model they were trying to push.

The game is definitely faster, though TTK is still a tad long. I'm not rushing back into this but I'll definitely pop back in when Warmind drops to see what that feels like.

jesus, just noticed weeks later that autocorrect changed "warmind" to "warming".
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 10:32:49 PM by Surlyboi »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #172 on: May 05, 2018, 11:56:45 AM

This is the featured game on the Humble Monthly this month so I bought it. $12 for a $60 game felt like a good enough proposition.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: May 05, 2018, 02:58:39 PM

This is the featured game on the Humble Monthly this month so I bought it. $12 for a $60 game felt like a good enough proposition.

That's odd, it's not on Steam.  Are they giving out Battle.net codes? So far everything in the bundle has been either on Steam or just a DRM free direct download as far as I know.  Weird.  I guess I'll find out in a month.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #174 on: May 05, 2018, 04:01:47 PM

Yes it's a Battle.net code.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2  
Jump to: