Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destiny 2  (Read 110475 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: October 18, 2017, 06:36:43 AM

Listening to the 'hardcores' usually leads the wrong direction.  I'm looking at you, Wildstar!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #106 on: October 18, 2017, 09:24:29 AM

I suppose there are a ton of things wrong with Destiny 2 but none of them are getting in the way of my rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty.  OK, maybe the story is, but that's not specifically a Destiny problem.  When I stop having fun, I'll do something else.  Have you all learned nothing?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: October 18, 2017, 09:45:35 AM

I've learned that my money is valuable, and that I don't like rewarding those that haven't learned from either their mistakes or the mistakes of their predecessors/competition.

I pulled my pre-order. Waiting a year for the devs to iron shit-out seems better in this case.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #108 on: October 18, 2017, 01:06:59 PM

I like it enough. Guess I don't see games as an investment as much as I see it as a distraction. I play it enough for it to equal what I paid for it and possibly more. Once I get bored with it, I move to the next one. I'm not looking for the next ground breaking game because I'm too old to wait for that type of nirvana to come around again.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: October 18, 2017, 01:15:07 PM

We are not exactly short of mechanically capable "shoot the target in a 3d space game", and from what I've seen of Bungie's business practices they're fairly determined to make sure it is an investment with a season pass and paid DLC to drip feed out that content.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: October 18, 2017, 06:48:56 PM

Since I just learned they added RMT lootboxes to Destiny 1; are they here in Destiny 2?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #111 on: October 18, 2017, 08:20:57 PM

They are in Destiny 2 as well. But after hitting level 20, you get one every time you gain enough experience for another level.

I haven’t stopped playing. I’ll continue to play it as there are chunks of it that are a lot of fun. I’m just not gonna run weekly raids like I did with D2. Hell, even Iron Banner isn’t fun after the rewards are tapped out. Fuckin’ esports bullshit.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #112 on: October 19, 2017, 12:33:38 PM

I have far more money that time, so don't use me as a yardstick if your situation is different.  I've already long forgotten about that $60.

The only thing that I actually find annoying about Destiny 2 is that the tints are consumable, and I somehow end up with 3 of anything and so would have to pick some armor to NOT tint.

As Surly pointed out, though, you get a lootbox of customization stuff every time you level after 20.  It isn't onerous at all.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: October 19, 2017, 05:40:12 PM

The lootboxes are just cosmetic? That's certainly less offensive.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #114 on: October 20, 2017, 09:10:59 AM

I've only found paintjobs and ship models.  No usable equipment.  I'm not sure you can use silver coins (the RMT currency) to buy equipment at all.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #115 on: October 20, 2017, 09:14:26 AM

To answer the question from the Useless thread, the contents of Bright Engrams are indeed random.  Random paint jobs and other whosits.  Like teleport effects, so you can arrive on the surface the same way that the Fallen do.

Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: October 20, 2017, 09:19:02 AM

Bright Engrams you get for leveling up past 20 or buying from the store contain cosmetic armor that you can then upgrade to your power level. You can also get better sparrows and better looking ships with custom graphics. About the most useful thing you can buy from Eververse are the tokens that increase drop chances. You can either buy dust from the store or break down the stuff you get from the bright engrams for dust and buy those. I usually keep 5-8 token in my inventory for the weekends when I can get on for a few hours.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: October 21, 2017, 08:18:12 AM

Looks like the player base has dropped dramatically on PS4 since launch.  Hopefully people are just leaving the peasant version because they plan to join the Master Race next week but I'm not counting on it.

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2017-19-10-destiny-2-playerbase-has-dropped-by-over-2-million-users-since-launch
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: October 21, 2017, 08:55:34 AM

I've read that a number of PS4 players in particular are pissed that they can't access "The Tower" without crashing half of the time. They did finally fix it just last week, but still...I thought the PS4 was supposed to be the premier platform for D2 to be on?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: October 21, 2017, 06:08:11 PM

Can attest to that. I had several occasions of zoning into a black screen and having to restart the game. Didn't really do much but annoy me...

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: October 22, 2017, 05:21:45 AM

Looks like the player base has dropped dramatically on PS4 since launch.  Hopefully people are just leaving the peasant version because they plan to join the Master Race next week but I'm not counting on it.

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2017-19-10-destiny-2-playerbase-has-dropped-by-over-2-million-users-since-launch

I got my 3 characters above 300 light, went flawless a few times in Trials, and attempted the raid a few times.  As someone already mentioned the raid is less pleasant than ass cancer.  I no longer have much desire to play.  Don't get me wrong I feel like I got my money's worth and enjoyed playing it, but it's definitely very shallow at the moment.  I had originally been planning to get the PC version, but now I think I'm going to wait.  I started playing Warframe in the meantime and I'm hooked.

most often known as Drevik
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: October 24, 2017, 02:30:21 PM

What is a good class to start with for pve?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #122 on: October 24, 2017, 02:42:36 PM

Titan is basically easy mode. Roll one of them and you're probably good to go.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: October 24, 2017, 06:26:34 PM

Titan is basically easy mode. Roll one of them and you're probably good to go.

Perhaps it is, but Hunter is way more fun. And I have been rolling tank classes primarily in every type of game. I still love my Titan, but man Hunter is a blast.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: October 25, 2017, 01:17:44 PM

In the raid speed run I watched they discussed that hunter was useless at end-game, I believe due to the interaction between it's super and bosses I think.

Also amusing watching reports of PC players being banned before they can load their first game for running software that has a screen overlay... which quite a number potential triggers many PC gamers use (like comms programs).

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
WayAbvPar

Reply #125 on: October 26, 2017, 07:03:55 PM

Have a buddy trying to get me to play this with him. Non-random loot seems like a non-starter for me.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #126 on: October 26, 2017, 07:11:05 PM

My friends are already half-vanished from Destiny 2. It's more of the same- granted bungie really can design beautiful environments, the music is great, and they still basically have the best feeling control scheme for playing FPS titles with a controller but it's mostly Destiny with the hard edges sanded off and what people think is an improved treadmill is really just an even slower more obnoxious treadmill.

Power increases are EXTREMELY incremental, way more so than Destiny 1 where I was able to climb pretty quick towards the cap before Raid gear. You can get piles and piles and piles and piles of tokens and legendary engrams while grinding out the stuff that nets "powerful gear" which is stuff with real boosts in power level. All of that shit you got with tokens and from legendary engrams? Trash, generally after you get your armor tuned to the movement/toughness/recovery levels you want. Only good for infusing your aging Exotic items. You get your "powerful gear" rewards which are typically not the slot you really need to upgrade for armor and 20000000000 shitty pulse rifles and SMG primaries or really really bad shotguns.

It's kind of a trick really- you get purps on a pretty regular basis compared to the previous game but if it's not your "powerful gear" drops, a proper weapon (Auto Rifle/Scout Rifle) to replace your shit one (Pulse Rifle) of similar power value, or something you can infuse a good Exotic with it gets ground up into scrap to turn into the gunsmith who in turn gives you garbage of the same light level right back. I'm never excited to get a legendary engram from a random drop.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #127 on: October 27, 2017, 05:58:14 AM

Ah, they went with the WoW loot system.

"Everyone gets purpz, but they're really garbage until you do the catass "real player" content."

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: October 27, 2017, 06:26:09 AM

Do you have to raid to get the good stuff or can you get it from other content?  If you don't have to do the raids, then this system would be better.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: October 27, 2017, 10:08:30 AM

Do you have to raid to get the good stuff or can you get it from other content?  If you don't have to do the raids, then this system would be better.

Haven't touched the raid and I am closing in on 300 light/power/what-the-fuck-ever on all three of my characters. Only thing I have not had drop for me is the Better Devils (which is mainly from PvP engrams, but said to randomly drop rarely).

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: October 27, 2017, 01:49:30 PM

The raid is very much not required unless you absolutely want the look from the raid armor.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #131 on: October 28, 2017, 05:11:42 PM

Nah, there's just activities that give you "powerful gear". You can see it in the "director".

Every week its:
-The Raid
-The Nightfall
-Doing Public Events/patrols on <planet>
-Earning 5000 EXP for your guild

If you're in a guild (which the game highly encourages) you get a free powerful gear engram (it's just a legendary engram with a guaranteed higher power level) for each goal your guild completes- like winning so many crucible matches, completing the nightfall or raid (even if you're not in the group that does it everyone gets stuff), etc.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: October 28, 2017, 10:56:00 PM

Played this quite a bit this weekend.  I'm quite disappointed at how shallow this game is.  It's pretty, but shallow.

-  Mark Twain
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: October 29, 2017, 08:27:52 PM

Played this quite a bit this weekend.  I'm quite disappointed at how shallow this game is.  It's pretty, but shallow.

Yeah, I just don't get the hype for this.  The gun play is really good but other than that I fail to see anything special about it.  I'll plug away at it a bit more but I've gone back to playing Warframe as it's a much deeper game with a lot more stuff to do.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: October 30, 2017, 08:00:27 AM

I haven't played too much yet, but so far the look/feel & quests on Earth were pretty meh.  Titan however looks amazing.  I really like the different areas of the planet and the quests were more interesting overall.

The fact that you don't get your sparrow right away in this one feels odd.  I think it makes the planets seem smaller and doesn't give you time to really look at everything and learn the different areas.  In the first Destiny you were always driving all over the planets, in this one the objectives seem like they are always right next to the quest giver.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: October 30, 2017, 08:59:04 AM

I haven't played too much yet, but so far the look/feel & quests on Earth were pretty meh.  Titan however looks amazing.  I really like the different areas of the planet and the quests were more interesting overall.

The fact that you don't get your sparrow right away in this one feels odd.  I think it makes the planets seem smaller and doesn't give you time to really look at everything and learn the different areas.  In the first Destiny you were always driving all over the planets, in this one the objectives seem like they are always right next to the quest giver.

I get that feeling as well.  Zones become more of a game of following the white diamond on your HUD than learning the terrain.   It's a very on-rails, theme park shooter. 

I do hope that any upcoming Star Wars MMO would utilize the Destiny combat mechanics.   I could see it applying to both laser and light saber combat.

-  Mark Twain
lesion

Reply #136 on: October 31, 2017, 10:01:49 PM

I like this game.

The social UI makes me want to aerosolize my poop after a Taco Bell weekender and fire it at the design team. Unforgivable.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: November 11, 2017, 01:46:43 AM

I might try this again at a later date but I've uninstalled and have gone back to Warframe.  Apart from the shooting, which is very done well, Destiny 2 doesn't offer anything that's significantly better than Warframe and falls short in many places in comparison.  It's not a bad game but I just understand all the hype for it.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #138 on: November 12, 2017, 08:41:39 PM

I blew through the story, did some strikes, dabbled in PvP.

The story was more coherent this time, it's very pretty, and the shooting is tight.

And in a way, it's altogether unremarkable. I just feel no reason to fire the game up - it just feels bland.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Teugeus
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: November 14, 2017, 03:22:03 AM

I enjoyed the first few hours of Destiny 1 but couldn't stomach the expansions which when combined would cost more than a new game ! Tried the Destiny 2 beta and looked like more of the same, was a pass from me. Also their loot box practises which aren't just cosmetic items but also modify abilities can go *expletive removed* themselves.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2  
Jump to: