Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:14:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destiny 2  (Read 110479 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #35 on: July 30, 2017, 07:09:54 PM

is it really that hard to just implement completely different rulesets for PVP and PVE

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #36 on: July 31, 2017, 05:14:54 AM

You want coders to do double work for single pay? You evil, rotten, spoiled gamebaby.  why so serious?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37 on: July 31, 2017, 11:52:16 AM

I'm thinking back to what it would be like if I had to choose between carrying a shotgun or a rocket launcher during a Crota run.  Me no like.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #38 on: July 31, 2017, 08:47:23 PM

I'm thinking back to what it would be like if I had to choose between carrying a shotgun or a rocket launcher during a Crota run.  Me no like.

Totally. I'm really pissed about that. Sniping the boomers on the ledges and then switching to rockets to DPS Crota wouldn't be possible with the new setup.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #39 on: August 01, 2017, 10:45:14 AM

Maybe I'd buy an excuse related to team diversity, but the encounters would have to accommodate that.  I'd still have to figure out if I was Shotgun Dude or Icebreaker Lady.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #40 on: August 05, 2017, 07:23:53 AM

Has anyone else been seeing that you can swap between your console of choice, and PC, seemingly at will? So, for instance, you can do most of the content on PC, then swap over to PS4 for raids if most of your friends are on that platform.

At least, that's what I'm being told. I'm still trying to decide if essentially buying the game twice would really be worthwhile in order to play on both platforms.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 05, 2017, 12:54:23 PM

Has anyone else been seeing that you can swap between your console of choice, and PC, seemingly at will? So, for instance, you can do most of the content on PC, then swap over to PS4 for raids if most of your friends are on that platform.

At least, that's what I'm being told. I'm still trying to decide if essentially buying the game twice would really be worthwhile in order to play on both platforms.

Seems like a lot of work to make that happen. For all that effort, you think they'd just let console and PC co-exist, a la FFXIV.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 05, 2017, 03:27:12 PM

Seems like a lot of work to make that happen. For all that effort, you think they'd just let console and PC co-exist, a la FFXIV.

It's a little bit different for shooters.  M&K is vastly superior to a controller.  They'd have to either place some kind of handicap on M&K players or give an advantage for controllers to make things fair in pvp.  I can't think of a shooter game that allows cross platform play.  The only one that comes to mind was that shitty Shadowrun game, and that didn't work out very well.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 05, 2017, 05:46:30 PM

Or they could just allow consoles, which are essentially homogenized PCs these days, to be able to plug in a mouse and keyboard.

At least that's what I'd do. Not my fault scrubs don't want to learn to use a M&K; I've baked the support in. Get gud  why so serious?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 06, 2017, 09:48:05 AM

I would play my PS4 so much more if they allowed that. The funny thing is, at least on PS3, you can plug a keyboard in to type stuff in but not to play games.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #45 on: August 08, 2017, 11:59:56 AM

PS4 doesn't even support bluetooth headsets, so I'm not going to even think about keyboards.  I was happy to see that there was a HOTAS compatible with the PS4.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #46 on: August 08, 2017, 02:29:31 PM

PS4 doesn't even support bluetooth headsets, so I'm not going to even think about keyboards.  I was happy to see that there was a HOTAS compatible with the PS4.

My bluetooth keyboard connects to my PS4. I believe it is text typing only, no controls.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 25, 2017, 12:14:01 PM

Anyone in the Beta yet?  Impressions?

Edit:  Derp.  The beta did open today.  The today you can pre-load the game for Tuesday's Beta.  Fucking hype machine
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:31:25 PM by Father mike »

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #48 on: August 25, 2017, 07:23:38 PM

It's pretty goddamn smooth.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 27, 2017, 04:23:51 AM

I pre-ordered back in...(looks up in the thread)...May, and I got my code a week later to punch in Bungie.net.

Haven't heard or received anything since then, so I logged into Bungie again. Found that I could finally link my Blizzard account to Bungie, and I found a section on Bungie's site that let me generate a code for Blizzard so I could pre-load.

HYPE  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 27, 2017, 10:30:12 PM

If you still haven't pre-purchased yet, and want to play on PC, you can get 18% off at Greenman Gaming.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/destiny-2-pc/
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 28, 2017, 02:03:47 AM

It's my understanding the early access goes live at 1PM EST today.

Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 28, 2017, 02:42:18 AM

It's my understanding the early access goes live at 1PM EST today.
Beta for pre-purchase starts today, open beta on tuesday.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 28, 2017, 11:19:18 AM

I'm in, but I'm already dismayed that inverting my Y-axis isn't working.

/ragequit  awesome, for real

Edit: Fixed it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:28:06 AM by luckton »

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #54 on: August 28, 2017, 02:19:52 PM

So is the single-player stuff actually better than the original?
schild
Administrator

Reply #55 on: August 28, 2017, 03:50:07 PM

also is it mostly still just bullet sponges and bullshit missions?

Edit: Also, is the loot actually like, really random this time?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 28, 2017, 06:03:41 PM

Having never played Destiny 1, I can see how someone who's never played can get overwhelmed at the start, esp. if the starter mission that the beta starts you off with is the very first thing new players will do. There was no tutorial, tooltips, or anything that explained how to utilize class skills, superpowers, etc. One minor hand-holding when it came to picking up a new weapon, but that was it. Pretty standard FPS fare though.

In regards to random loot, yeah, no: http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2s-weapons-and-armor-wont-have-random-rolls/

schild
Administrator

Reply #57 on: August 29, 2017, 09:31:17 AM

Then its dead to me.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #58 on: August 29, 2017, 09:43:09 AM

Dead to me too. Why are they so fucking stupid?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: August 29, 2017, 09:58:04 AM

Dead to me too. Why are they so fucking stupid?

Devs haven't learned that PvE and PvP don't mix.  STOP TRYING TO BE EVERYTHING TO EVERYONE! 

I'm out as well.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: August 29, 2017, 10:05:31 AM

I think I may be out as well. It's pretty as fuck, but that's not helping me see past the basic gameplay.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #61 on: August 29, 2017, 07:03:05 PM

Bah. I tried it and while it's well done I got bored immediately. At least The Division had a cool New York (and just that).
Anyway, this makes me miss Hellgate London.

Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: August 29, 2017, 11:25:24 PM

Combat movement felt really slow, nothing special about the gun play, enemies didn't feel interesting and the area design was linear. Biggest problem I had during the starter mission was that with everything glowing it was hard to know what to interact with, I ended up stuck because I had no clue there was a double jump and having to stand at the right spot to blow up generators.

Only positive thing I could say about the game is that its not a cover shooter.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: August 30, 2017, 11:18:11 AM

Soooooooo ... Anthem, AHOY !!!

(at least until all BioWare's disappointing design choices emerge)

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #64 on: August 30, 2017, 01:46:19 PM

This was pretty boring and bland. Not a great way to introduce someone new to the game.

I guess I'd play if a friend absolutely loved it or something, but right now I don't see a reason. I'd rather go back to Warframe or The Division.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:48:01 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: August 30, 2017, 06:47:15 PM

This was pretty boring and bland. Not a great way to introduce someone new to the game.

I guess I'd play if a friend absolutely loved it or something, but right now I don't see a reason. I'd rather go back to Warframe or The Division.

I don't see how this is any better than Warframe, esp. with the upcoming open world expansion.
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: August 31, 2017, 08:44:39 AM

For the 1% who care, a hour and half video of the story behind Destiny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2avSq-82oI

Too long for me to get through and I am left wondering why create such a convoluted complicated story for what  is NOT a role playing game. Somewhere near the half way point it starts talking about a big battle for a walled city. Why does a breach in the wall matter in a world with flight and space craft?
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: August 31, 2017, 10:07:45 AM

I like the first game well enough that I'm not going to brush this one off from a "beta" (demo) that was pretty light on content.  They even didn't let you play with half the game's systems.

The PC version isn't out for a few months anyways so I'll have plenty of time to see the console review before buying it.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: August 31, 2017, 03:01:16 PM

The one saving grace for me is they really know how to use Nathan Fillion for marketing purposes.

https://youtu.be/LSxElWwWVFE

schild
Administrator

Reply #69 on: August 31, 2017, 11:32:44 PM

I feel like its worth reiterating that Bungie has never been a good developer. They pretty much suck ass.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2  
Jump to: