Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:43:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destiny 2  (Read 110471 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: May 18, 2017, 10:18:12 AM

Live gameplay stream on right now: https://www.twitch.tv/bungie

Edit: Stream over, didn't actually show any live gameplay, though people at the event are getting the play the game now.

Story explanation of why you have to start over from scratch.

I had no idea they never added clans to Destiny but they will be in 2.

PC version will be on the Blizzard games network formerly known as Battle.net.

Beta this summer (they didn't say if that includes PC).

Edit 2: Capture of stream (while it lasts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njsBWKymo7I

Actual start of presentation : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njsBWKymo7I&t=3265s
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:11:02 PM by Trippy »
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 11:48:24 AM

Came here when the part about Blizzard providing backbone/login support hit my news feed.

I've never played Destiny, as I'm terrible at FPS games on the console and completely wrote it off. Though I do recall a number of friends saying they enjoyed the game.

I guess I'll watch the development of this. Would be nice to have something proper to replace The Division tanking.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 03:36:50 PM

I'm pretty bad at FPSs too and I found the single player fairly easy to get into. It's basically sci-fi FPS WoW, I'm surprised you never tried it.

The story could be better and I wish they'd knock the price down so I can snag the last expansion. I had a fun time with what I played of it though. My dad is 66 and played it every damn day for about a year or so. He's terrible, but still managed to do most of the content because people have helped him get through.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 06:43:19 PM

One of the guys on my friends list is a retired Vietnam vet. He was kinda crappy but still came through in a pinch for nightfalls and other strike activities. We carry him a lot, but he knows when to get the fuck out of dodge and swoop in to rez our asses if we go down. The coop bits of the game with the exceptions of the hard mode and challenge mode raids have never been that hard if you weren't a total moron. With the addition of the guided content, I'm thinking it'll be even easier for people to get into D2.

Needless to say, Day 1.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 04:23:11 PM

Skill Up put together what I think is a nice "final version" review of Destiny 1. As someone who didn't give the game a vast amount of attention (mostly just read headlines about updates and plights), they did a good job of summing up the flaws of the vanilla and first couple DLCs, and how they atoned in subsequent patches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNyMbmjOtW4

As someone who 'did' put in a lot of time on The Division, I'm pretty sure this will indeed be up my alley. Think they'll let PC and console players cross-platform together?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Edit: Amazon Prime members get a 20% discount at checkout for the pre-order. Sold. Pre-order and try the beta on the cheap, cancel if you don't like it  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 05:27:10 PM by luckton »

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 05:06:28 AM

Well shit. PC has to wait until October to play :(.

Guess I'll just swing around in the Secret World until then.

schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 08:13:55 AM

By October we'll know if it's remotely good. The trailer during the Sony conference was terrible.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 08:17:37 AM

It seems like they blew their load on the event they held last month. There's wasn't anything "new"; they just put something together to show off the PS4 exclusive stuffs.

The game's now available for pre-order through the Blizzard Store/client. In Blizzard fashion, there's the standard and digital deluxe versions. Just so weird seeing a non-Blizzard game in the Bliz store  swamp poop

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 10:57:18 AM

Here you go, have a 4k 60FPS gameplay trailer from nVidia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LsvPVk5eH4

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 01:56:56 PM

Here you go, have a 4k 60FPS gameplay trailer from nVidia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LsvPVk5eH4

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Is that for the PC?  Why are they using a controller?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 04:57:46 AM

Dunno. Maybe Bungie doesn't know how to use a mouse/keyboard?  awesome, for real

Anyways, here's a bigger, longer, and now with mouse usage video on PC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPP6_QXqyQ

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 12:45:46 PM

Jason and Alex pioneered M&KB on the Mac back in the day. Of course, only Jason is still there at this point, but some of the old school Bungie folk remember. I hope.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 07:08:23 AM

This looks like The Division with a sci-fi skin, and I guess first person mode.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 07:50:10 AM

When the Division launched I thought the same about it towards Destiny.

I was pretty ambivalent about Destiny at launch, but I occasionally play it now. I'll likely check out Destiny 2 and wait on the EA similar game to see how they launch.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14 on: June 15, 2017, 07:26:03 PM

Looks like Destiny to me.  Should I play The Division?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 07:40:45 PM

No.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 04:49:36 AM

No.

+1. Maybe if they hadn't tried to reinvent the wheel for the billionth time in regards to loot and patched their buggy shit quicker, it'd be fine. But no, don't invest.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #17 on: June 16, 2017, 10:27:56 AM

I think there is some mis-quoting going on, but I interpret the comments as "Do not play The Division."

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 16, 2017, 10:29:37 AM

Yes, sorry, I failed at clicking the right button.

Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 10:50:42 AM

I think my strategy is to just wait enthusiastically to see if Anthem is better than Destiny2

Then wind up buying which ever one my friends do.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 11:42:38 AM

Anthem is pretty, I'll give them that. I fear though that they're going to do the same exact bullshit that Bungie, Massive, et al have done with their shooter/looter games; re-invent the fucking wheel by making loot (good or bad) hard to get and hard to min-max. Massive took over a year to figure it out, same as Bungie and even Blizzard with D3. But even with the road well-paved by their predecessors, Bioware will try to do something stupid once again because "this time it'll be different, WE PROMISE. TRUST US!".  swamp poop

Destiny, from what I've read and followed, seems to be in a good place right now. Bungie's just taking the old working systems and applying more polish and constructive user feedback for Destiny 2. That's where my money's at right now.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #21 on: June 16, 2017, 01:26:06 PM

I agree, betting on Version 2 is smarter than Version 1.  Greater chance of lessons learned.

If nothing else, I might get the remaining Destiny expansions on super-sale.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 01:58:39 PM

Fuck min-maxing just plat the fucking game and enjoy the ride.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 17, 2017, 08:50:51 AM

Getting a platinum trophy usually requires some degree of min-maxing.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #24 on: June 17, 2017, 10:05:14 AM

only time I've ever given a shit about getting a platinum trophy was Horizon.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 11:32:46 AM

Think you meant to say "play."

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 11:56:34 AM

Yeah, less than nimble fingers on a phone after two martinis.

WayAbvPar

Reply #27 on: July 24, 2017, 03:20:55 PM

My buddy swears by D1. I tried the beta for 2 for about 5 minutes on my XBone. Pretty, but I will never be able to get past thumb aiming like a chimp. I may pick it up for PC if it looks good enough.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 03:11:30 AM

Apparently people are hating that they can't rove around with a sniper rifle, rocket launcher, and a tactical nuke (or something OP) all at the same time anymore; you're now confined to one bad-ass weapon and two "lesser" weapons.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 07:03:41 AM

What counts as what weapon type? Before they had 3 categories: Primary (Scout/Pulse/Auto Rifle or Hand Cannon), Special (Shotgun, Sniper, Fusion, Pistol) and Heavy (Rocket launcher, Gatling Gun). If they combined Special and Heavy into 1 category and only allow one of that, plus 2 primary, that would be pretty stupid.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 25, 2017, 07:38:26 AM

What counts as what weapon type? Before they had 3 categories: Primary (Scout/Pulse/Auto Rifle or Hand Cannon), Special (Shotgun, Sniper, Fusion, Pistol) and Heavy (Rocket launcher, Gatling Gun). If they combined Special and Heavy into 1 category and only allow one of that, plus 2 primary, that would be pretty stupid.

That's exactly what happened.
The issue is again rearing its head with Destiny 2, which overhauls the traditional “primary/secondary/heavy” weapon loadout in favor of a setup that limits you to one “power” weapon—a shotgun, a sniper rifle, a rocket launcher, etc.—and gives you two slots for primary weapons like auto-rifles and handcannons. This makes PvP feel more fair and pleasant to play, but it’s led to a whole lot of concern about PvE, especially after the beta. How will it feel to have to pick a sniper rifle or a rocket launcher rather than being able to equip both at once? Will bosses be even worse bullet sponges when we’re mostly stuck with primaries? And why do all of the ability charge rates feel so slow?

http://kotaku.com/bungie-promises-destiny-2-pve-improvements-to-grumbling-1797128738

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 25, 2017, 09:38:43 AM

Oh look... an MMO struggling to balance PvE and PvP.  How novel.  why so serious?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 25, 2017, 09:59:57 AM

That's exactly what happened.
The issue is again rearing its head with Destiny 2, which overhauls the traditional “primary/secondary/heavy” weapon loadout in favor of a setup that limits you to one “power” weapon—a shotgun, a sniper rifle, a rocket launcher, etc.—and gives you two slots for primary weapons like auto-rifles and handcannons. This makes PvP feel more fair and pleasant to play, but it’s led to a whole lot of concern about PvE, especially after the beta. How will it feel to have to pick a sniper rifle or a rocket launcher rather than being able to equip both at once? Will bosses be even worse bullet sponges when we’re mostly stuck with primaries? And why do all of the ability charge rates feel so slow?

http://kotaku.com/bungie-promises-destiny-2-pve-improvements-to-grumbling-1797128738
That's pretty stupid.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 26, 2017, 09:07:52 AM

I think they can make it work with tweaking some numbers for health but it did feel not ideal in beta on the pve strike currently.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #34 on: July 26, 2017, 01:22:14 PM

I was fine with the strike and the TTK for the most part in PVP as well. The weapon decision is a little dumb though. I get why they did it, but it's still dumb.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2  
Jump to: