Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:21:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS)  (Read 104961 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: July 11, 2017, 08:17:46 AM

Heartbreak

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: July 12, 2017, 02:20:00 AM

Turned out that was easier and less blocky than I thought.  Also, applied to the f13 alliance.  Not sure why.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: July 13, 2017, 03:44:02 AM

Apologies for spamming this shit, but can someone explain the Airship stuff to me ?  I get running around shooting things and I get that you can make new airships (oddly, I have one already), but most of what or why I'm doing this is a mystery.

Help ?

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: July 13, 2017, 06:09:15 AM

While you're exploring with the airship you will find unique dungeons that can help you earn various rewards including gumballs, golden pots, gems and fragments.  You also get some amount of gold from the normal activities.  There are also timed events that use the airship to again earn various gumballs and rewards.   Eventually one of the airship dungeons will open up the Fane expansion for you which is how you get your gumballs powered up past 5 * (I've unlocked it but haven't done it so maybe someone can fill in the details on it).

Your airship ranking is also part of your total score which you can see on the alliance page.  Earning gumballs from the airship stuff and increasing their star rank earns you rewards from the star rank section of the Luxury category of the store.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #144 on: July 13, 2017, 04:58:46 PM

While you're exploring with the airship you will find unique dungeons that can help you earn various rewards including gumballs, golden pots, gems and fragments.  You also get some amount of gold from the normal activities.  There are also timed events that use the airship to again earn various gumballs and rewards.   Eventually one of the airship dungeons will open up the Fane expansion for you which is how you get your gumballs powered up past 5 * (I've unlocked it but haven't done it so maybe someone can fill in the details on it).

Your airship ranking is also part of your total score which you can see on the alliance page.  Earning gumballs from the airship stuff and increasing their star rank earns you rewards from the star rank section of the Luxury category of the store.

It's ok to reset.  Srsly.  And raid completed dungeons.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: July 13, 2017, 06:00:31 PM

Yeah, as soon as your radar is filled with things that have defeated you, you should be resetting. There's really no penalty for it, and you'll end up needing the energy cores you can only get from earlier sky collosi (the big boss things that appear every 30 explorations). They're components for medals and later on, fane statues. Make sure you're spending your EP also. Click the info button and you'll see talent trees at the top of the screen associated with each of the 4 factions.

As for the fane, I go into a fair amount of detail about 20 posts back, but the summary is that certain gumballs have trials which are single floor puzzle type dungeons. Once you defeat a gumball's trial you can build a statue for it and it advances to 6*. It's basically the end game grind while you're waiting for new content.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #146 on: July 13, 2017, 06:07:48 PM

Yeah, as soon as your radar is filled with things that have defeated you, you should be resetting. There's really no penalty for it, and you'll end up needing the energy cores you can only get from earlier sky collosi (the big boss things that appear every 30 explorations). They're components for medals and later on, fane statues. Make sure you're spending your EP also. Click the info button and you'll see talent trees at the top of the screen associated with each of the 4 factions.

As for the fane, I go into a fair amount of detail about 20 posts back, but the summary is that certain gumballs have trials which are single floor puzzle type dungeons. Once you defeat a gumball's trial you can build a statue for it and it advances to 6*. It's basically the end game grind while you're waiting for new content.

Yes, fane keeps me around.  It's a bitch but gets me lost in dungeons I wouldn't have maxxed otherwise.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: July 13, 2017, 07:30:33 PM

If you have spare airship battery and main map "vigor", you can do bandit raids on completed airship dungeons for 5 battery charges and one vigor.

1. On the Airship screen, tap the Backpack button.
2. On the "Celestial Goods" page, select the Captain's Diary (brown book)
3. On the Captains Diary page, select the dimmed Finish tab near the bottom of the page
4. You should now have a list of all the Airship dungeons you have completed. 
5. Touch the purple GO button to the right of a dungeon's name to summon a previously completed dungeon for 5 battery charges. 
6. You can then enter and perform a Bandit raid (if you have the Bandit gumball).

Forest of Mystery = 2200 fragments
Ancient Cultural Relics = 1200 fragments + ton of mid-range components

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: July 14, 2017, 02:07:17 AM

All very useful.   Thanks.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: July 14, 2017, 09:34:29 AM

If you have spare airship battery and main map "vigor", you can do bandit raids on completed airship dungeons for 5 battery charges and one vigor.

1. On the Airship screen, tap the Backpack button.
2. On the "Celestial Goods" page, select the Captain's Diary (brown book)
3. On the Captains Diary page, select the dimmed Finish tab near the bottom of the page
4. You should now have a list of all the Airship dungeons you have completed. 
5. Touch the purple GO button to the right of a dungeon's name to summon a previously completed dungeon for 5 battery charges. 
6. You can then enter and perform a Bandit raid (if you have the Bandit gumball).

Forest of Mystery = 2200 fragments
Ancient Cultural Relics = 1200 fragments + ton of mid-range components

Are those the only two worth doing?  I think I'm just missing one and I'll have found all of the instances.  It takes so many relics to build your ship it seems to take forever.   I've maxed the gumball but I'm still working on finishing 4* upgrades on my next ship.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: July 14, 2017, 09:49:42 AM

Are those the only two worth doing?  I think I'm just missing one and I'll have found all of the instances.  It takes so many relics to build your ship it seems to take forever.   I've maxed the gumball but I'm still working on finishing 4* upgrades on my next ship.

Those are the ones I'm concentrating on.  Forest of Mystery gives the most fragments of any dungeon I've cleared, but I've only got the under L150 dungeons on my completed list.  The wiki has a complete list of Bandit raid rewards.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: July 14, 2017, 10:17:45 AM

Worth noting that summoning a sky dungeon becomes a pretty bad value proposition as you start getting into the higher end of things. I can get around 2500 relic fragments from a single island in my current exploration for the cost of 1 radar energy. You're also missing out on colossus cores and stray airship chips from players you defeat in exploration, not to mention main map vigor is eventually going to become your limiting reagent for bandit raiding dungeons to get gumball fragments to make pearls for fane statues.

But in the early stages, if all you care about are relics, then yeah, that's probably a decent use of your energy. Just don't do it to the exclusion of actually progressing and reseting your explorations as well.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #152 on: July 17, 2017, 04:52:51 PM

Rendakor, can u log in when u get a sec and see if alliance levels to 5?  We completed donations but it's stuck at 4  ACK!

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: July 21, 2017, 04:43:15 AM

I cannot fucking stand Bloody Fortress.  It fucking sucks.

Has anyone found a best way to just get it to fuck ?

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: July 21, 2017, 05:08:40 AM

Anyone have a team build that might vaguely stand a chance against the Water / Earth elementals in their Dungeon lairs in the elemental continent?  I lucked out and got the portal to the Water guy to spawn, cleared to him stupidly easy, then found out I literally could not do much more than scratch him

My team was Bandit / Minstrel / Archaeologist and I went with a fast-track to Imperial Commander for a 6 star item to feed the Pheonix egg (no idea if that will stick since the boss killed me and I didn't bother wasting gems on a fight i had no hope of ever winning).

Like, with only 5 levels worth of dungeon to work with, you are pretty much forced to look to Team Comp + whatever initial EP you get to find a talent build that will work.  But I really have no idea how I am expected to burn through 1k HP + 3% regen on a boss before it can burn through my HP pool....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:12:35 AM by SurfD »

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
schild
Administrator

Reply #155 on: July 21, 2017, 08:50:28 AM

Zerg Queen / Adventurer / whatever dude has the cat

went down the path that gives you a bunch of fireballs and meteor (default black mage path to mage of destruction I believe)

took the potion that gives you 300-500 EP, leveled up as high as possible, popped 2 zerg eggs, completely wiped the floor with him
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: July 21, 2017, 11:56:15 AM

You can also try Knight Night / Zerg Queen / Warrior.  Spec Imperial Commander for the item and feed it to the phoenix egg.  Use the batarangs on the boss after summoning the Zerglings (bless first if you have a bless).

I'm trying to build the adventurer statue but besides the seemingly endless fragments I need like 3 million gold for making the pearls.  Gold seems to roll in ok but I'm always spending it faster than I can make it.
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: July 21, 2017, 12:15:20 PM

I'm trying to build the adventurer statue but besides the seemingly endless fragments I need like 3 million gold for making the pearls.  Gold seems to roll in ok but I'm always spending it faster than I can make it.

It gets a little bit cheaper. Making 10 pearls will get you the jeweler gumball whose talent is a global cost reduction for pearl crafting. Every few pearls you craft will get more fragments for him and it'll get cheaper as he stars up.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: July 24, 2017, 10:29:30 PM

Well, I can manage to kill the elementals when I can get to them, but I still end up needing to revive (usuallly twice) to do it.  Just don't have enough HP to survive long enough for the pets to kill them (does't help that half the time the pets attack the pillars instead of the boss).  Might try Sorcerer (cat pet) / Zerg / Warrior to see if the bonus Defense at <50% health helps.   Usually build to Dark Master, so i can spam Death Ripple to try to kill the pillars, but so far, boss usually dies before any of the pillars do.  Might help if my Sorc was higher level, but unfortunately he is still 2 star :/

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: July 28, 2017, 08:38:06 AM

MOTHER OF FUCK 298 Seeds and ACCIDENTALLY PLANTED THE FUCKING VINE.

FUCK YOUR MOTHER.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #160 on: July 28, 2017, 12:13:07 PM

FUCK YOUR MOTHER.

Ouch.  I make sure to skip getting the seed on level 1.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: July 28, 2017, 12:23:38 PM

FUCK YOUR MOTHER.

I don't know what this is about, but it sure made me chuckle.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: July 29, 2017, 07:26:53 AM

FUCK YOUR MOTHER.

Ouch.  I make sure to skip getting the seed on level 1.

Facepalm

That would have been sensible and, as such, didn't fucking occur to me.  Goddamit.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: July 29, 2017, 07:32:02 AM

Incidentally if you screw something up, you can close the app and restart it and you will be at the start of whatever floor you left off at. The game only "saves" at the start of a new floor. This is especially handy when you get to the trials.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: July 29, 2017, 09:18:02 AM

Fuck.  That would have worked too.

Can't wait for you chaps to come over and help me close the barn door.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #165 on: July 30, 2017, 03:36:08 PM

Rendakor, can u log in when u get a sec and see if alliance levels to 5?  We completed donations but it's stuck at 4  ACK!

Again, plz zzz.z  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: July 31, 2017, 01:20:49 AM

Ok, planted the sunflower, spent the seeds.... nowt happened.  Used all the sun too.

Then the next boss pushed my shit in.

Rather than get angry, I'm thinking that I'm just destined never to get this wee flowery cunt.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: August 03, 2017, 09:16:13 AM

I feel the same way about Dark Dragon from Borderlands.  I just gave up on it for now.

Actually, I'm starting to like the non-maze parts of the game better than the maze parts.  Now that I have all of them unlocked it's just sort of fun to login and spend all of my stamina raiding, doing airship stuff and collecting everything.  The maze parts are good, but sometimes the runs just take way too long.  Especially since it seems like you're almost required to PoE once or twice for most of them.

One more upgrade and I'll have the Darla Montes maxed out.   I need to get a magic cannon next but I don't really have chips for any ships that have a magic cannon.  Are there any that are farmable?
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: August 03, 2017, 09:31:50 AM

Devil airship has a magic cannon and you get fragments by just purchasing them for (a lot of) relic fragments at the digsite. The less farmable but more powerful option is Shadow Dragon from Abyss' Roar space rifts. I just noticed Shadow Dragon cannon is a special cannon. For an actual magic cannon improvement, consider Prometheus or Chimera's Wings.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 01:56:46 PM by Azuredream »

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: August 03, 2017, 11:18:44 AM

Thanks, those give me something to go for.   I need to farm the mid 100 bracket airship stuff anyways for those orange cube things for the statues.  So I might as well get some chips at the same time.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: August 04, 2017, 01:02:07 AM

.  Especially since it seems like you're almost required to PoE once or twice for most of them.

So much this.  It's really annoying.

Edit ;  Turns out you shouldn't USE the sun before you get the Sunflower ?  Wank.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:01:38 AM by Ironwood »

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: August 04, 2017, 06:07:56 AM

You should be able to use it, I think (?).  You just need to turn in 10 times (300 seeds).
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: August 04, 2017, 06:18:47 AM

I was either bugged (I refer you back to the aforementioned fuck your mother) or it was cause I used some of them.

Either way, trying again can wait a fair while.  In other news, the Ghost Captain turns out to be really easy to get so long as you also resist the temptation to eat goodies that are so, so tasty.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: August 10, 2017, 07:32:08 AM

Any tips on the priest trial?  I've tried it a few times now and gotten close, but other times I just get wrecked.  Some posts have said having the Harry Potter gumball helps but he's one of the 2 I'm missing.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: August 10, 2017, 01:00:08 PM

The merchant read my post and put a bunch of magic boy fragments up for sale.  Hopefully having him makes a difference.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS)  
Jump to: