Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:29:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS)  (Read 104962 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: May 13, 2017, 11:27:53 AM

So, there is a new, time limited event out to get a Chess themed Black & White queen gumball.

Problem is, at just over a week or so of this game under my belt, even the most easy difficulty level is handing me my ass :/  Unless i get the absolutely perfect combination of spell and item drops in just 4 levels before the boss fight, I just get wrecked with whatever team setup I try, I have so far managed to beat it exactly once out of about 6 attempts, and that was purely due to lucky Mage of Distruction procs wiping out the minions that heal the boss.  If even one of those gets a cast off you can kiss the entire fight goodbye....

I've seen upper tier strats that pretty much rely on going backwards in the Maze.  Either with Terminator or that other ability/spell that does it.  Have you tried this?

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: May 13, 2017, 05:53:51 PM

Portal of Earth is the spell to go backwards, and it is incredibly useful. You get a ton of EP and gear/scrolls for re-clearing easy low level floors with your high level stats; you don't have to fight the bosses again on their floors, you just get the key for free.

Planar Prophet is the Magic title centered around this spell, and it gives you a scroll of it for free.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: May 14, 2017, 12:51:35 AM

So, there is a new, time limited event out to get a Chess themed Black & White queen gumball.

Problem is, at just over a week or so of this game under my belt, even the most easy difficulty level is handing me my ass :/  Unless i get the absolutely perfect combination of spell and item drops in just 4 levels before the boss fight, I just get wrecked with whatever team setup I try, I have so far managed to beat it exactly once out of about 6 attempts, and that was purely due to lucky Mage of Distruction procs wiping out the minions that heal the boss.  If even one of those gets a cast off you can kiss the entire fight goodbye....

I've seen upper tier strats that pretty much rely on going backwards in the Maze.  Either with Terminator or that other ability/spell that does it.  Have you tried this?
I have only tried the 5 Floor, 1 energy version, and you are pretty heavily gimped in regards to the stuff you can pick up in just 4 floors before the boss.

At this point, I don't think I have enough time left in the event to try to effectively farm it for enough fragments to summon the Queen anyway, so I am just spending energy on raiding current dungeons and other things.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: May 14, 2017, 02:03:43 AM

I can get through the Easy event dungeon by rushing a damage-spec Warrior (extra boss damage) with a strong defensive soul link (Archaeologist or Magic Golem). I think I'm missing some trick on the Medium version because I can't get the god to level 15 even turning in 3-sets of everything, but maybe it's just tuned for people who have a lot more baseline damage than I do.

Easy mode only gives 1-2 fragments so I've given up on trying to farm it until next time around.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: May 14, 2017, 03:04:47 AM

When you say archaeologist, i am assuming you are running him with a decently upgraded artifact with defense on it?  cause unfortunately i have none of those atm.
I also don't have anyone with the Warrior Title set on the Roar faction either, so I can't run the Magic Golem gumball either. (my one kill on the queen was the Hellfire / Golem combo, where i got stupid lucky with Apoc procs from the Mage of Destruction fireballs taking out all the adds while blasting the boss with Meteor spells.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: May 14, 2017, 01:29:43 PM

Even just a +2 Defense armor is pretty decent at +200% effect, given that you're unlikely to find any other armor in a dungeon that short. My own best artifacts are a (+40 HP, +2 Defense, +3 Attack) chest and (+6 Attack, +6% Dodge) boots.

You can get a Melee Abyss' Roar gumball by spending gems on revives a few times, though I don't know if his ability is good enough to be worth it. My go-to melee lineup is Musashi (lucky draw from golden pots; very strong ability but Bandit will do in a pinch) supported by Archaeologist and one of Tarot/Kaito/Minstrel. Tarot in this case since the defensive cards are pretty strong early on.

I have all my soul link abilities at rank 4 even though most of the above gumballs are only 2-starred. If your stats are much worse than mine you might have problems one-shotting the rooks the boss summons, which would indeed make the fight impossible.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: May 14, 2017, 08:06:12 PM

I'm only lvl 27 or so, so I'm simply running the usual Kaito, tarot, bandit; legendary bow strat.  Just flip tiles for 50 floors and passive attack.  Hoard EP, arrows, and max attack.
There are different passive attack strats of course and they're pretty fun once you get to a reliable proc.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: May 14, 2017, 11:00:43 PM

Even just a +2 Defense armor is pretty decent at +200% effect, given that you're unlikely to find any other armor in a dungeon that short. My own best artifacts are a (+40 HP, +2 Defense, +3 Attack) chest and (+6 Attack, +6% Dodge) boots.

You can get a Melee Abyss' Roar gumball by spending gems on revives a few times, though I don't know if his ability is good enough to be worth it. My go-to melee lineup is Musashi (lucky draw from golden pots; very strong ability but Bandit will do in a pinch) supported by Archaeologist and one of Tarot/Kaito/Minstrel. Tarot in this case since the defensive cards are pretty strong early on.

I have all my soul link abilities at rank 4 even though most of the above gumballs are only 2-starred. If your stats are much worse than mine you might have problems one-shotting the rooks the boss summons, which would indeed make the fight impossible.
I have the soul Reaper gumball, but he is Canas, not Roar.

So far, all i have for Roar are the two Elementals (Hellfire / Golem) which are mages, and the airship captain, who is a Venture type.

Is there a faster way to make gold?  I currently have my coins maxed out at 100 artisans and it still seems to take forever to get any appreciable amount.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:03:10 PM by SurfD »

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: May 14, 2017, 11:44:27 PM

I have the soul Reaper gumball, but he is Canas, not Roar.
Sorry, I'm dumb. Yeah, I don't have a melee Roar gumball either.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 15, 2017, 05:30:11 AM

You can upgrade the Cooling Device to make them generate resources more often; Alchemist gumball does so too based on his star level. Leveling up your world tree (your account level, I guess) allows your workers to work longer while offline, so you end up with more in the morning. Upgrading your Field Survival Kit allows your explorations to last longer, which lets them bring back more resources (including gold and gems).

Death Knight and Vampire are Melee Abyss Roar gumballs that you get from the main story (last 2 dungeons); Predator is another one; he's the hidden gumball in Lost Temple and costs 500k to recruit.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: May 16, 2017, 04:54:21 AM

Whats the trigger for alchemist? Craft loads of pots i assume? Or does it have to be higher level ones specifically?

I have also put in a request to join the alliance :P

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: May 16, 2017, 05:24:09 AM

You have to buy him for 98 Gems.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #82 on: May 19, 2017, 01:19:36 PM

I put in for alliance as HAWKBIT.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: May 20, 2017, 01:05:05 AM

I am still waiting for my alliance invite to be accepted.  99% sure Applied to the right one (F13) BatCountry.  Was the only one that came up when i entered the F13 abbrev.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #84 on: May 20, 2017, 05:48:51 AM

If someone promotes me I can add peeps also.

Guild is clooooose to level 2!  I have been pumping out material, curious what levelling unlocks.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: May 20, 2017, 06:24:15 AM

Promotion isn't an option; all I can do is hand over leadership. I didn't see either SurfD or HAWKBIT just a bunch of randoms, so I cleared them all. Go ahead and apply again.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: May 20, 2017, 10:19:19 AM

Walrusinc.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #87 on: May 20, 2017, 04:10:55 PM

Promotion isn't an option; all I can do is hand over leadership. I didn't see either SurfD or HAWKBIT just a bunch of randoms, so I cleared them all. Go ahead and apply again.

No worries.  Closing in on level 2, whoop whoop. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #88 on: May 22, 2017, 02:46:10 PM

Applied for the alliance.

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: May 22, 2017, 03:28:24 PM

Got Rasix and Walrus in. SurfD I still don't see your application; is your IGN SurfD?

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: May 22, 2017, 11:39:37 PM

Got Rasix and Walrus in. SurfD I still don't see your application; is your IGN SurfD?
Sorry, been busy with work shit, re-apped a couple of minutes ago.  And yes, Player Nic is SurfD

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: May 23, 2017, 12:29:23 PM

Only applicant I saw had a name in moonspeak, so I cleared the list again. You'll have to reapply.

I still don't see any promotion options other than passing leadership, so we must need to get higher level for that.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #92 on: May 23, 2017, 06:41:56 PM

Only applicant I saw had a name in moonspeak, so I cleared the list again. You'll have to reapply.

I still don't see any promotion options other than passing leadership, so we must need to get higher level for that.

On it!

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: May 24, 2017, 01:32:09 AM

Go to Alliance Center
Hit Apply For Alliance Membership
Hit Find Alliance
Enter abbreviation F13 and confirm
Click only alliance that shows up in the list:  [f13] BatCountry  (level 2, pumpkin icon, American Flag)
Click Apply for membership.

Unless something is really wierd, i have no idea why my Application never shows up.

When i click on my portrait beside the energy bar, I get the following information:
Player Nic: SurfD
Area: Can (canadian flag)
Rating: 35867
User ID: 9HUUT653LF43 (if that helps)

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: May 24, 2017, 06:09:20 AM

No idea what was wrong, but I saw you this time so you're in.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: May 25, 2017, 11:00:55 PM

So, anyone have a good setup for decent runs on borderlands?

Been running Rangers Song, with Bandit / Archaeologist / Tarot with a hat Artifact (since Boots / Chest / Relic slot are taken by dungeon gear), but am open to suggestions.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: May 26, 2017, 04:50:21 AM

This is pretty fun. I sent an application to the alliance as skyrunner620.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: May 26, 2017, 05:11:07 AM

Sent in an app too, Wasted.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 05:13:07 AM by Wasted »
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: May 26, 2017, 09:21:39 PM

Wish there was a good consolidated list of Gumball Team Combos that work well in various dungeons.   The wiki has some nice info, but the comments section for most of the dungeons is pretty lacking, and from what I could find on the Reddit page, most of the comments / threads seem to assume you have 100+ gumballs and a shitload of time already invested in the game.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: May 27, 2017, 12:56:36 AM

I've used that recommended Hellfire/Magic Golem combo for basically everything. I'm running into the problem where I can't come up with any combos with my limited gumballs that are anywhere near as effective. I'm going to switch back to using the Adventurer for a bit since I saw that you can unlock the Warrior that way, but it's going to feel way less powerful.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: May 27, 2017, 01:43:56 AM

I use swordsman lead, with spartan and warrior support. Seems to work pretty well considering my lowbie shit. I can make it to third boss without reviving and sometimes beat him without reviving no issues. Really depends on the tree you take.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: May 27, 2017, 05:58:57 AM

Aren't Swordsman, Spartan and Warrior all melee type? For longer runs you're going to want at least 2 titles available if not all 3.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #102 on: May 27, 2017, 05:08:14 PM

Aren't Swordsman, Spartan and Warrior all melee type? For longer runs you're going to want at least 2 titles available if not all 3.

This.  I usually run gladiator (swordsman if boss has adds) with blacksmith (or adventure for warrior shards) and zerg queen.  Also, if available, dragon power wish.

I fast track to magic bandit x 3 plus magic lantern.  From there planar mage max as possible.  Melee comes last; usually with swordsman specialty after 2 gates.  The physical 75% reduction seems gnarly from my runs/experiments and always hit floor 90.  Best run was 110 but boss melted me.

I save zergs for bosses and to help get me deep as possible before using them on normal stuff.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: May 28, 2017, 12:04:47 AM

I have been running Bandit main (cause my other Ranger Song units are squishy as fuck), with Archaeologist + Tarot.  All of them have rank 4 special traits (havent unlocked rank 5 food yet). Depending on your level of artifact progression, Archaeologist is as good, or better than Magic Golem: 6 defense out the gate with the right level 1 artifact, and 12 on some after you hit rank 3 is pretty awesome.   Tarot brings a good bag of helpful stuff with the cards (Tank statue, beefy heals, free items, amazballs defense boost for early boss fights), and bandit's ambush can really help killing stuff.

I am just finding that while it is an awesome combo for down to about floor 60 or so, everything after that seems to DRASTICALLY ramp up in HP / Damage done such that I can usually almost cruise to 60, and then get my ass handed to me in the 10 floors immediately after.

I get the feeling that a LOT of survival in lower tiers is going to come down to having the right one of one of those 6 piece elemental sets for "spells cost no scrolls" bonuses, because seems like spells are about the only way you kill shit without getting your face mashed in once you get into the 60+ area
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:18:54 AM by SurfD »

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: May 28, 2017, 02:44:07 PM

I get the feeling that a LOT of survival in lower tiers is going to come down to having the right one of one of those 6 piece elemental sets for "spells cost no scrolls" bonuses, because seems like spells are about the only way you kill shit without getting your face mashed in once you get into the 60+ area

Not necessarily one of those, though they are nice. Some of the other sets are pretty good also. I'm currently face rolling through dracula's castle level 80ish with an oracle set on. Free Aurora Barrier every level is a lot of damage the mobs need to punch through to even touch your hp. Lots of dungeons have their own mechanics that you can abuse to deal with high level floors also. Faith statues, Genie, Plant, Artifacts, Engineering Books, etc, which is why the portal of earth strategy is so good. Rewinding time to give you more of a chance to build the dungeon specific mechanic up can help a lot.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS)  
Jump to: