Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:51:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS)  (Read 104957 times)
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: May 29, 2017, 03:40:50 AM

For a mobile game this has a crazy amount of depth. On the other hand I desperately wish they would hire someone to go and edit the English script which is horrendously awful. Especially in cases where the bad English actively hinders me from figuring out item descriptions. There's a Frankenstein helmet that increases the length of certain spells by 2 turns but all it says is "Electrostatic Field lasts 2 rounds" in the description. Electrostatic field lasts 4 rounds so common sense would suggest this item makes your buff shorter, not longer. I had to go a layer deeper and assume that there's no way they'd make such a bad item and test it out to figure out what it actually did. Then of course "There is no enough resources" when you try to use the adventurer's compass too often. I still haven't figured that one out, is it every other floor you can use it?

The Lord of the Land approaches..
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: May 30, 2017, 01:02:10 AM

The engrish can be rather jarring at times.  Like, you run into some items that literally have a small book worth of flawless English flavor text with pretty complex elements in it, then 10 seconds later hit an item where they fucked up a grade school level 5 word sentence... Almost makes you wonder if it is intentional.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: May 30, 2017, 10:28:26 AM

Some of the more recently added bits of content get even worse. Not only does the engrish degenerate, but they somehow messed up the dialogue box text wrapping, so you end up only seeing half of some sentences as they continue outside the boundary of the window.

With that said, the game is still incredibly compelling, though I'm getting really sick of doing Lost Temple runs hoping the last Elemental Heart boss I need for the DP quest will spawn. I hate that place.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: May 30, 2017, 07:47:50 PM

This is the first mobile game I've played where the energy system does not prevent me from playing for hours and hours in a row. Maybe when I've played longer and am faster at clearing dungeons it'll be different but right now I have to use energy on bandit raids or I'll be capped on energy all the time.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: May 31, 2017, 06:34:47 AM

Going to try this today. Looks like I missed this thread.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: May 31, 2017, 02:27:43 PM

I was wondering why the airship stuff was so hard. I didn't know you could reset the exploration level back down when things got too high level. I was really sad that I had all this airship energy I couldn't use because I had to wait until I was strong enough to clear what was already on my radar. I made it all the way past 150 without resetting a single time, doh.

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: May 31, 2017, 03:13:41 PM

Yeah, the airship resetting could be called out a little bit better. Here's another "Thing I wished I knew earlier" that might be of interest to some people.

Share a dungeon a day and every new gumball you get. You can select share to line and then just cancel out and nothing will actually get posted to spam your friends, but you can get free gems every day for this.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: June 01, 2017, 10:04:38 AM

Anyone done the signboard thing?  Am I wrong that it gives 350 gems over the month for $9 rather than $10 for 100 gems straight up?

That seems to be the 'best deal' for spending small amounts.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: June 01, 2017, 10:53:33 AM

I've seen several efficient gem use guides that state buying the signboard is the "best" strategy.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: June 01, 2017, 02:03:16 PM

Yeah, signboard is highly efficient gems. You occasionally get random other things from it as well, above and beyond the daily gem infusion. That and the golden pot lizard (you get it from one of the sky instances) are your best bets for playing this on the cheap but not totally free.

One thing to note that only applies to people who want to toss serious amounts of money at the game: The Creator gumball is something you only get by spending real money. It's something around 150$ spent, and the signboard and lizard do not count towards that. I think that's the only thing that straight up requires real money (though some of the later money/gem spent reward gumballs like Hades and Poseidon are going to take waaaaay longer if you don't spend)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: June 02, 2017, 02:55:10 AM

I was wondering why the airship stuff was so hard. I didn't know you could reset the exploration level back down when things got too high level. I was really sad that I had all this airship energy I couldn't use because I had to wait until I was strong enough to clear what was already on my radar. I made it all the way past 150 without resetting a single time, doh.
Another thing that I completely missed until somewhere around my 3rd reset of the exploration is that you can spend your exploration points to level up several Medal Talent Trees by clicking the Info button to the left of the main scanner button.  These can give you a pretty decent boost to ship performance.  (I didn't realize this was a thing until I randomly got one of the temporary sky medals and the Info button started flashing at me to let me know I had something. Was like, wtf is this flashing for.)

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: June 04, 2017, 01:49:55 PM

Submitted to [f13] BatCountry as TyphonBaan (pretty sure that's who i am)
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: June 09, 2017, 07:04:05 PM

New patch for this coming soon. Not sure how long it will take our server to get it, but there's a decent amount of new content

New dungeon
New sky dungeon
8 New gumballs
Some new alliance functionality - Apparently you can set bounties for members to help with? Also, there's some communal reward system for activity/spending within a guild. And it sounds like some better alliance management features and ranking.
8 new gumball statues. If you want to start saving up fragments for those, it's swordsman, athena, priest, panda, terminator, minstrel, magic golem and claw. That means each faction will get access to one of the really good fane relics that are currently locked in the store.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: June 10, 2017, 12:41:35 AM

How do the fane statues work? Do you have to have both weapon and cert to unlock them?

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #119 on: June 10, 2017, 05:24:51 AM

How do the fane statues work? Do you have to have both weapon and cert to unlock them?

5 star and cert.  You will want the weapon as the challenges are hard.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #120 on: June 10, 2017, 10:01:34 AM

I really have no idea what I'm doing in this game.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: June 10, 2017, 04:20:37 PM

I'm working on getting 80DP on all the dungeons. I unlocked City of Steam and did one endless run through it. That magic set is bananas, way more powerful than the Avallon Fortress set. I made it to floor 100, 3 shotted the boss, and then quit because I was just bored with the dungeon and there wasn't really anything left to achieve. I do really like those 2 dungeons though. Dracula's Castle and the faith statue dungeon are both pretty fun too. I heard there's a medal you can get post level 200 exploration on the airship that increases the drop rate on energy boss cores. I can only really make it to ~215 at the moment but I'm hoping I get that medal so I can reset to 0 instead of 100 and grab the energy cores from the 30 and 60 bosses so I can upgrade all these other medals I have. On that note I very belatedly realized the tower of trials for the airship has 4 separate versions, one for each faction. I just got myself a whole bunch of stuff by blowing through all the lower floors for the other factions that I had not realized existed.

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: June 10, 2017, 05:38:24 PM

Those sky towers are getting more levels in an upcoming patch also. Not sure it's the next one, but I read some patch notes from the chinese beta server about it. I just make it a habit now to go through and go through each of my factions and see if they can advance any further before I reset the expedition now.

BTW, the medal you get that increases core drop rates seems like it actually guarantees it once it's maxed. It's really nice.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #123 on: June 10, 2017, 06:38:56 PM

I'm working on getting 80DP on all the dungeons. I unlocked City of Steam and did one endless run through it. That magic set is bananas, way more powerful than the Avallon Fortress set. I made it to floor 100, 3 shotted the boss, and then quit because I was just bored with the dungeon and there wasn't really anything left to

What build?  I hate this boss.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: June 10, 2017, 11:43:29 PM

5 star and cert.  You will want the weapon as the challenges are hard.
I have at least 2 Gumballs 5 starred with Cert, and have no idea where to go to begin the Fane thing?  Who do I talk to?

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: June 11, 2017, 01:22:10 AM

What build?  I hate this boss.

Farplane Ranger into Planar Prophet into Hell God of War on Adventurer/Pirate/Machinist. All the bonuses to magic effects meant my Timestill was lasting 6 rounds on the boss. Energy Cog and Electrostatic pushed my power past 400 and Implosion was hitting a Disruptor Ray'd target for ~7000. Meteor Shower was also hitting for about that much. You get a free 3-5 level scroll every floor and I had the electric set complete before I even used the second Portal of Earth, so I had an insane amount of high level spells by the end. I'm not sure how the airship part of the boss fight works. I lost the airship battle on floor 100 but the tank came out anyway so I assume he just had more health than if I had blown up the airship, or something. There's probably something better than Pirate to use. I don't have Little May but she's probably good.

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: June 11, 2017, 03:41:38 AM

I have at least 2 Gumballs 5 starred with Cert, and have no idea where to go to begin the Fane thing?  Who do I talk to?

It's locked behind a sky instance, Legend of the Dragon, which has a chance to show up after exploration level 200.

Also, once it's unlocked, only certain gumballs have trials. You beat the trial and then you have the chance to build a statue for them. The statue takes pearls, which are crafted from 30 fragments each and a bunch of money, and can only be crafted if you already have that gumball 5 starred with cert. Statues require 10 pearls of the gumball the statue is for, one pearl from another gumball, a minor amount of ore/crystals, and then a bunch of energy cores of varying levels from the colossi you fight every 30 explorations. Once you've crafted the statue, that gumball gets a sixth star, and for some of the gumballs, it unlocks something else also (adventurer now gets a chance to find a new gumball, Little May, the same way he unlocked swordsman), and mage and hellfire get a new fashion outfit that boosts their stats even more. Oh yeah, also, you can craft some new relics with reeeeaaally nice abilities once you have certain combos of statues built, but none of those will be available until the next patch, due to the requisite trials not being in the game yet.

In short, it's a loooooong grind, but there's nothing stopping you from starting it even before you unlock trials. If you want to start working on it now, farm the hell out of airship exploration to get crystals and focus on getting a lot of the following fragments.

Current gumballs with trials unlocked are:
Adventurer (secondary pearl is mage)
Mage (secondary pearl is death knight)
Bandit (secondary pearl is machinist)
Hellfire (secondary pearl is minstrel)
Sunflower (secondary pearl is vampire hunter)
Predator (secondary pearl is kraken captain)
Kraken Captain (secondary pearl is zorro)
Spartan (secondary pearl is prince)

I'd suggest you focus on bandit first, because getting him six starred gives you an extra raid, and it'll make it easier to farm the others.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: June 11, 2017, 05:38:28 AM

ah, that's probably why I havent seen it yet.  Still capping out around the high 170, 180 area in my sky exploration.  Probably should reset, but I have been trying to clear Javana's Fantasy land (the sky dungeon with the sequential boss fights) and am having a tough time of it.  Managed to get to the Tree (which i think is the second to last boss) but cant seem to get past him (the damage reflect wrecks me).

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #128 on: June 11, 2017, 06:36:00 AM

ah, that's probably why I havent seen it yet.  Still capping out around the high 170, 180 area in my sky exploration.  Probably should reset, but I have been trying to clear Javana's Fantasy land (the sky dungeon with the sequential boss fights) and am having a tough time of it.  Managed to get to the Tree (which i think is the second to last boss) but cant seem to get past him (the damage reflect wrecks me).

U can still do it after reset.  Dungeons get loaded on ur diary.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: June 17, 2017, 09:05:47 AM

Sorry I haven't been active much; blew my data cap while waiting for my home internet to get setup. I promoted Cheddar, Teleku and schild so you guys can accept member applications now.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: June 19, 2017, 06:37:10 AM

Any tips on doing the 95 Spartan run?  I assume I just want to PoE as many times as possible to stock up on spells and then use Nether Wicks on the harder Gladiators.  Normally I tank my run after 70 or so because I don't have the patience for the slow game play after about floor 60, so it should be interesting to see if I can make it to 95.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #131 on: June 19, 2017, 04:52:11 PM

Any tips on doing the 95 Spartan run?  I assume I just want to PoE as many times as possible to stock up on spells and then use Nether Wicks on the harder Gladiators.  Normally I tank my run after 70 or so because I don't have the patience for the slow game play after about floor 60, so it should be interesting to see if I can make it to 95.

Aren't Swordsman, Spartan and Warrior all melee type? For longer runs you're going to want at least 2 titles available if not all 3.

This.  I usually run gladiator (swordsman if boss has adds) with blacksmith (or adventure for warrior shards) and zerg queen.  Also, if available, dragon power wish.

I fast track to magic bandit x 3 plus magic lantern.  From there planar mage max as possible.  Melee comes last; usually with swordsman specialty after 2 gates.  The physical 75% reduction seems gnarly from my runs/experiments and always hit floor 90.  Best run was 110 but boss melted me.

I save zergs for bosses and to help get me deep as possible before using them on normal stuff.

Another guide:
Made it to 100F in Ancient Arena and got Spartan. Furthest run I've done yet. Adventurer main (Farplane to one-shot the arena enemies, magic bandit for decreased EP cost), with Zerg Queen (Planar Prophet to go back and get the one arena I fatfingered and skipped) and Warrior (Duke of Destruction) subs.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: June 19, 2017, 07:59:31 PM

I don't think Planar Prophet is all that necessary in Ancient Arena. In a place like Avallon Fortress it's really hard to max the manual without it and you can supercharge the cannon, but in the Arena all you're getting is more EP which you'll cap on anyway and spells/equipment. I run War God of Hell and Fire Master/Lord of Elemental to max Meteor Shower damage. It helps out with the pyroblast scrolls you get too. Farplane Ranger is an absolute must though, and Magic Bandit helps you max out on EP since you're not taking Planar Prophet. Taking a 5 star venture Gumball main is advisable to make sure you're capping on EP in a timely manner. Once you get to the 80+ floors you really want to be able to just get the key and get out without having to kill everything, and you won't be getting the kill bonus on those floors so you want to be capped before then if possible.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: June 19, 2017, 08:45:04 PM

The reason I had taken Planar Prophet is I skipped the arena on 35F by accident, so I needed to go back in order to avoid blowing the run.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: July 10, 2017, 06:56:05 AM

This shit is seriously addicting.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #135 on: July 10, 2017, 03:52:56 PM

This shit is seriously addicting.

Correct.  Everytime I begin maintenance mode I come back full on within 3 days lol.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: July 11, 2017, 06:10:19 AM

This Airship cockblock is bullshit tho.

Any tips ?

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: July 11, 2017, 07:43:21 AM

The airship is kinda why I stopped playing. I need to find the post-200 thing but it keeps not showing up, and I can't get very far past 200 so I have to keep resetting.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: July 11, 2017, 07:49:59 AM

The secret codes will give me the money, but 15 Gumballs ?  That ain't happening for a while I suspect...

I only have 8 right now I think.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: July 11, 2017, 07:59:19 AM

Oh, that's not the cockblock I was talking about.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS)  
Jump to: