Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:16:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS)  (Read 104959 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: May 01, 2017, 10:44:26 PM

One of the pirate maps you can buy in the store has a vendor that sells complete sets.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 02, 2017, 05:10:14 AM

Only I've got no reason to do endless mode currently, because so far I'm cruising through the mazes.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Eventually you will hit a wall where you need to do endless mode in order to gain enough dp to unlock the next maze. Also endless mode is generally where you get the hidden gumballs.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 02, 2017, 06:35:54 AM

Are the hidden gumballs past floor 40 or is it just random?  I haven't made it past a floor 40 boss yet.  One time I thought I was way overpowered and was going to blast past him and still just barely lost.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 02, 2017, 07:12:37 AM

They are not random, and "hidden" perhaps gives the wrong impression. Every hidden gumball has a set of conditions you need to clear to get it. The Sorcerer in Adventurer's Forest requires you to find the Wizard's Robe in a cave; after that, get to floor 51 or higher when you have 300k coins. Look for the Sorcerer's hut; when you find it, put on the Wizard's Robe and pay him the 300k to join you.

They don't all cost money, but they all require you to put some work in.

http://gdmaze.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Gumballs

As for dealing with bosses, one thing that's important to note is that you can use spells to neutralize their big attack (the one that counts down turns in the bottom right corner). Hex or Icicle cast when the counter is 1 will prevent it from going off; Timestill can stop it too. For a long fight you want to alternate Hex/Icicle and Timestill, as Hex/Icicle give CC protection after using them but Timestill doesn't.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 02, 2017, 10:21:06 AM

Argh!

I located a secret gumball slave quarters (on endless), after collecting all of the "orb" thingies, and mistakenly tapped the door and left.  This happen to anyone else?  They really need an "are you sure you wanna leave?" option.  Fml.  And it seems like the asset locations are bigger than the actual graphic (at least on a tablet).  Many times I fight something I don't want to fight or hit a door I don't want to hit.  Or maybe I'm just getting old.

And agreed, this game has a ridiculous amount of subtle content.  I see why it took them 3yrs.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:22:43 AM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 02, 2017, 10:22:35 AM

After collecting all the dragon balls? That sucks, that would have been an extra character (Slave gumball).

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 02, 2017, 10:24:01 AM

After collecting all the dragon balls? That sucks, that would have been an extra character (Slave gumball).

I can quit the maze and restart it, no?  Please tell me I can.  But... I'm like on Floor 40 now.  Goddamn this game.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 02, 2017, 10:38:35 AM

Yea you have plenty of opportunities to get him again. Any time you find the 7 dragonballs (which are in every maze afaik), you can summon the dragon. Once you summon it, it offers you 3 wishes out of a pool of 14. You might have to do so multiple times in order for the slave wish to come back.

It's also possible to get a second whole set of dragonballs in a single run, but I've yet to do so at floor ~80ish.

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 02, 2017, 11:21:49 AM

I keep trying to play this, but after a while in a dungeon, my game seems to hit some infinite loading bug when moving to a new floor. Even if I close the app entirely and reload it'll hang on loading forever. My only choice is to quit out of the dungeon at that point, which makes this sort of unplayable unfortunately. Can't seem to find any support for the problem online either.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 02, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

I've had a similar/same issue on long runs of playing where going down floors will start to get slower and slower until it's barely playable or crash.  I can fix it by "pausing" the dungeon and then hard closing the app.  Then relaunch and resume. YMMV.

A had a run where I found Dorothy and her Wizard of Oz crew on the first floor and ended up starting with 1500 EP on floor 1.  Sadly it wasn't on endless mode.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 02, 2017, 11:58:37 AM

I've never had that happen. You guys on Android or iOS?

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 02, 2017, 12:24:51 PM

iOS/phone.  It's barely an issue for me, but it's happened a few times.
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 02, 2017, 12:47:13 PM

I'm on android on my tablet. Suppose I should probably do some due diligence and see if it happens on my android phone as well.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 02, 2017, 01:09:03 PM

Strange. I'm on my Android phone (S7 Edge) and haven't experienced anything like that.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 02, 2017, 11:22:01 PM

How the hell do I unlock the alliance? I've got the merc camp open and about 8 gumballs.  What's left to do?  Kinda lame group play is gated that far in.  I'm lazy.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 03, 2017, 05:07:55 AM

You need the airship; I can't remember what maze gates it but once you get it on your map you need 15 Gumballs and 300k(?) gold.

Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: May 03, 2017, 07:41:11 PM

I am having trouble getting through the third Lost Temple maze, starting to wonder if I'm doing this wrong. Been sticking to the Swordsman, which has worked well up until now, but I just can't keep up with the damage and none of my other gumball options seem better.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 03, 2017, 08:24:05 PM

You can use the altar to kill elementals by putting in opposing crystals, although only the first 2 crystals do damage (the 3rd gives the effect listed in the journal). That dungeon is my least favorite though, by far.

Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: May 03, 2017, 09:40:44 PM

Good info, I think that will be enough to push through. Thanks!
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 03, 2017, 10:08:14 PM

If you haven't yet, make sure  to try out a legendary hunter (Adventurer) rush. Its a free attack every 5 tiles wiped that will target the upperleft most revealed enemy. It avoids pretty much all retaliation damage/effects. I found that things could get a little hairy getting to leghunt, but once you get over the hump its like 20 floors where you can just regain health while farming scrolls and XP without have to spend any resources.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 04, 2017, 10:33:59 AM

I kind of like the lost temple.  Using the shards on every floor does slow things down though.  BRR and BBR are both pretty significant healing if you just spam them over an over you shouldn't have too much trouble with the first 25 floors.

I managed to beat the level 50 boss a few times now.  It gets rough pretty quick after that though.  I'm still playing with all of the different combos to find ones that work well together.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: May 05, 2017, 01:09:38 AM

If you can upgrade its passive, Magic Golem pretty much trivializes the early game. Mine is only at two stars, but absorbing 4 damage off every attack let me cruise to floor 25-30 of Lost Temple just mashing my finger at the screen without losing any health. Plane Prophet -> teleport back 30 levels -> Legendary Hunter carried me to 50 or so before I really had to start burning spells to stay alive. Died at 70 because there was no way I was getting through 5.2k boss HP even if I wasn't running out of scrolls, but it's the furthest I've gotten yet.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: May 05, 2017, 05:45:06 AM

Hellfire Main + Magic Sub is my favorite combo, until the dungeon where the boss is immune to level 1 spells. Infinite fireballs (that you can DE if you have to) and spec into the Fireball/Armageddon proc title.

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: May 05, 2017, 11:18:47 AM

Applied to the alliance as Noitek.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #59 on: May 05, 2017, 05:54:02 PM

If you can upgrade its passive, Magic Golem pretty much trivializes the early game. Mine is only at two stars, but absorbing 4 damage off every attack let me cruise to floor 25-30 of Lost Temple just mashing my finger at the screen without losing any health. Plane Prophet -> teleport back 30 levels -> Legendary Hunter carried me to 50 or so before I really had to start burning spells to stay alive. Died at 70 because there was no way I was getting through 5.2k boss HP even if I wasn't running out of scrolls, but it's the furthest I've gotten yet.

Magic golem?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: May 05, 2017, 06:05:52 PM

I'm not sure what triggers it but it will show up for summoning from the Forge before too long.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: May 05, 2017, 06:42:03 PM

It takes 100 crystals to summon, so you might need to have that on hand.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: May 05, 2017, 08:28:02 PM

Made it to 100F in Ancient Arena and got Spartan. Furthest run I've done yet. Adventurer main (Farplane to one-shot the arena enemies, magic bandit for decreased EP cost), with Zerg Queen (Planar Prophet to go back and get the one arena I fatfingered and skipped) and Warrior (Duke of Destruction) subs.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: May 07, 2017, 01:18:38 PM

Alright, so Alliances are gated behind 15 gumballs and 500,000 coins.  Not the easiest/quickest thing to get through whilst actually playing the game.  Even still, I've lost 2 gumballs due to fatfingers alone.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: May 07, 2017, 03:58:02 PM

Well if you're still looking to throw money at it, you can buy coins with gems and also buy several gumballs.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: May 09, 2017, 02:52:31 AM

It takes 100 crystals to summon, so you might need to have that on hand.
not sure if it was the trigger, but I got a message about the golem being available to research after i had finished maxing all 4 of the primary materials research out at rank 5 each (the two ores, crystal and soul gem)

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: May 09, 2017, 07:09:07 PM

Applied for membership as "Skeevie"

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: May 10, 2017, 12:09:31 AM

Something else I have noticed which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is that there are loads of clickable things that appear on the world minimap that give you resources.  Usually only 2 or 3 at a time, probably on decently long timers, but so far I have gotten gold, pots, fruit, ore, gems, food ingredients and a worker unit.

Clickables i have seen so far
- tentacle and Bottle in the ocean
- Pot, skeleton, Genie lamp, Animal in the desert near the badlands dungeon
- glowing crystal hovering directly above the temple dungeon
- Assassin hiding behind some rocks just north of badlands
- Iron Ore near the portal thing north of badlands
- a gumball in the town above the second dungeon (might be a one time only one)
- a cart
- Crystal formation, snowman, Animal in the snowy area at the top
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 09:20:38 PM by SurfD »

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: May 12, 2017, 05:57:31 PM

So, there is a new, time limited event out to get a Chess themed Black & White queen gumball.

Problem is, at just over a week or so of this game under my belt, even the most easy difficulty level is handing me my ass :/  Unless i get the absolutely perfect combination of spell and item drops in just 4 levels before the boss fight, I just get wrecked with whatever team setup I try, I have so far managed to beat it exactly once out of about 6 attempts, and that was purely due to lucky Mage of Distruction procs wiping out the minions that heal the boss.  If even one of those gets a cast off you can kiss the entire fight goodbye....

Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: May 12, 2017, 07:44:17 PM

Applied to Alliance, for great justice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS)  
Jump to: