Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:13:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: $400 WiFi-enabled 4-ton-force juicer's $120 million fail 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $400 WiFi-enabled 4-ton-force juicer's $120 million fail  (Read 124948 times)
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #350 on: January 22, 2019, 04:35:44 PM

You really need to provide some context for this, Sir T. Also [width=600] is a thing.

Context: Someone hacked their Nest system. This was not the first case of such a "prank" happening. Nest said "Not our fault, blame the users compromised password, use 2FA".

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: January 22, 2019, 04:40:58 PM

You really need to provide some context for this, Sir T. Also [width=600] is a thing.

I tried it when I posted and the text looked a bit small to me. I've set it as 600 now though. And I thought the context was obvious.

Hic sunt dracones.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: January 23, 2019, 12:09:28 AM

That's kinda awesome.  I mean terrible. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #353 on: January 23, 2019, 05:26:09 AM

Right? Who puts a security camera on top of their tv!?

As far as Nests getting hacked, I'm amazed it's not more commonplace. Those and stuff like Ring, Echo, etc just seem ripe for fuckery.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #354 on: January 23, 2019, 07:16:00 AM

Who could possibly have guessed that stuffing your private living areas with cameras connected to the Internet would be risky?  why so serious?

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: January 23, 2019, 11:17:51 AM

As far as Nests getting hacked, I'm amazed it's not more commonplace. Those and stuff like Ring, Echo, etc just seem ripe for fuckery.
IoT hacking is commonplace; we just don't know the extent of it because the real money is in letting compromised devices run quietly for years as DDoS bots. Exploiting in a way that is immediately obvious to the device owner is practically white hat in comparison.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #356 on: January 23, 2019, 09:08:18 PM

IoT hacking is commonplace; we just don't know the extent of it because the real money is in letting compromised devices run quietly for years as DDoS bots.

I wonder if there is a subset used for watching kinky things.

Don't have a nest but now doubt I would undress in front of one...

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: $400 WiFi-enabled 4-ton-force juicer's $120 million fail  
Jump to: