Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:07:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Thor: Ragnarok 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thor: Ragnarok  (Read 48105 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: April 10, 2017, 08:04:23 AM

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 08:09:04 AM

I had no idea Goldblum was in this. Fantastic.

There's so much more vibrancy in everything since Guardians, too. I didn't notice until someone elsewhere mentioned it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 08:22:10 AM

This looks all kinds of fun. Also why is this called a teaser? its a full on trailer.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 08:25:01 AM

This has potential to be either really good or really bad...I think?  That trailer was a little weird. 'He's a friend from work' made me laugh.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 08:34:11 AM

This looks all kinds of fun. Also why is this called a teaser? its a full on trailer.
Not sure but since that's what Marvel is calling it that's how I labeled it. Maybe cause it's light on story points?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 08:46:28 AM

I am totally digging the '80's fun vibe in this one. Hela looks perfect.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 09:17:54 AM

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

That whole "he's a friend from work" made me laugh.  Perfect use of Led Zepplin as well.  Can't wait to see this.

And it gives a reason for Thor having short hair.  I'd seen a pic of him like that and all the comments were about how Thor should have long hair, but this makes sense.  And gives him a reason for the winged helmet, which was a nice touch, too.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 10:09:45 AM

Random ramblings:

- Black hair doesn't Cate Blanchet, it makes her look old.

- Zoë "Deathproof" Bell does her stunts.

- Thor looks shit with short hair. Ewww.

- That black "Whatshername" woman is the actress playing the board-member in Westworld.

- I am not sure if bringing Hulk into a serious film based on Greek mythology is appropriate.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:17:32 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 10:20:25 AM

- I am not sure if bringing Hulk into a serious film based on Greek mythology is appropriate.
Shut your whore mouth, Hulk should be in all the movies. Not just all the Marvel movies, he should show up randomly in 'dying cancer patient' chick flicks. If he had a cameo in F8, I might go to see it.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 11:18:34 AM

So much music out there and they go back to Zepplin. On the one hand, it is timeless and does seem to fit.... on the other ffs, move on - try something new.

As for Blanchet, I am well ok with the black hair. I didn't think it made her look old at all.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 11:21:24 AM

So much music out there and they go back to Zepplin. On the one hand, it is timeless and does seem to fit.... on the other ffs, move on - try something new.

As for Blanchet, I am well ok with the black hair. I didn't think it made her look old at all.

That is bar none the perfect song for this trailer, I don't give a damn how old it is.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 11:24:30 AM

That is bar none the perfect song for this trailer, I don't give a damn how old it is.

Which they could use for anything Thor, really... Not saying it doesn't fit, just saying I'm personally broken and think Zeppelin in general has been stretched thin.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 11:25:46 AM

Yeah, if they went three full movies without using it once, somebody at marvel should have been executed.  Beyond perfect.  Fuck using it for anything else, it was meant for a Thor movie.

I'm game.  Trailer was fun, though I do agree based on the various teasers of the story, it could go really hard in either direction of awesome or terrible.  Not seeing much room for it being one of the meh Marvel films.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 11:44:40 AM

Who wouldn't get excited about a movie where Jeff Golbdblum makes Thor fight the Incredible Hulk?
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 12:22:45 PM

This has potential to be either really good or really bad...I think?  That trailer was a little weird. 'He's a friend from work' made me laugh.

Just about everything I've seen from Taika Waititi has been great. Hunt for the Wilderpeople and What We Do in the Shadows are two of my favorite movies of the last few years. He wrote and directed some episodes of Flight of the Conchords also and Jemaine has co-starred in a couple of his movies also so that should give you at least somewhat of an idea of the sense of humor here.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 12:45:46 PM

Shut your whore mouth, Hulk should be in all the movies. Not just all the Marvel movies, he should show up randomly in 'dying cancer patient' chick flicks. If he had a cameo in F8, I might go to see it.

--Dave

What you merely write in green, I approve wholeheartedly.  Weakling.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 12:54:15 PM

There's so much more vibrancy in everything since Guardians, too. I didn't notice until someone elsewhere mentioned it.

Well it's the same "setting", this is what MCU in space has already been established to look like.

I am the .00000001428%
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 01:14:02 PM

This looks like fun. Excellent.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 01:58:44 PM

I've been kinda meh on the previous Thor movies but...

Who wouldn't get excited about a movie where Jeff Golbdblum makes Thor fight the Incredible Hulk?

This.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 02:06:38 PM

This movie can only be improved by the fact that we have a villain who is a recognizable scenery-chewing actor to chew scenery rather than slathering the villain in so much makeup he is unrecognizable and still expecting him to be able to chew any scenery at all.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 05:06:28 PM

And don't forget having him speak in a silly made up language.

I'm going to have to turn in my geek card as I thought this looked stupid. Hela looked fantastic though.

Hic sunt dracones.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 06:01:42 PM

I cannot even begin to parse how someone loves the incredible realization of Jack Kirby's design of Hela's headdress and then thinks the rest looks bad. Does not compute.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 08:37:20 PM

God damn that was perfect.  There's so much win in that one trailer.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 01:00:37 PM

Great acting or not, the sheer joy in Thor's face when he realizes it's the Hulk... priceless.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 10:49:11 AM

They have really hit the right note about what a comic book action movie should feel like, not taking itself so seriously. There's already too much of that elsewhere and was a problem with the some their earlier stuff.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 12:50:22 PM

Well it's the same "setting", this is what MCU in space has already been established to look like.

Yeah but Dr ,Strange and Ant Man are not. They are also visually different from the early marvel stuff which risked running DC with their color palette.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 02:26:02 PM

But... but... I have it on good authority that Super Hero movies are played out.

Guardians 2 in May,  Spidey in July, Defenders in August, Inhumans in September, Thor in November, Punisher also before the end of the year... Runaways, Jessica Jones 2, New Warriors, Cloak and Dagger, Black Panther, Daredevil 3, Infinity War, Ant-man and Wasp in 2018 ... and we do not know about John Ridley's series, Luke Cage 2, Damage Control (just kidding), more MAoS (time to put it down), and 2 other ABC series under consideration.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 02:55:27 PM

Yeah but Dr ,Strange and Ant Man are not. They are also visually different from the early marvel stuff which risked running DC with their color palette.

Dr Strange and Ant Man are not set in MCU space, only this movie and GOTG have had the same setting so far.  They've already established that MCU space has that campy colorful vibe, it would be weird to change it.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 04:05:17 AM

I didn't say they were in MCU space. I said they were using the additional color and vibrancy that Guardians had introduced.

Iron Man 3, Thor TDW, Cap II Vs Ant Man, Civil War and Strange.  Different looks and more colors in the group after Guardians.  Ultron is in this weird space between them where the physical effects and costumes are old style but the effects were much more punched up. Ant Man has some of this, too, but there's so much CGI you see more of the color shift than the muted approach.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #29 on: April 15, 2017, 04:24:24 AM

I am getting used to the black hair, maybe was overly critical.

Btw, interesting that Galadriel has the same smile:

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 15, 2017, 06:13:39 AM

Never trust an Elf.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 15, 2017, 10:22:32 AM

Cate Blanchett smiles like Cate Blanchett, how's that interesting :P

I am the .00000001428%
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 22, 2017, 07:41:57 PM

New Trailer !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue80QwXMRHg

Yep, still interested.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 22, 2017, 08:18:08 PM

Absolutely.  Looks decent.  Maybe even good.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #34 on: July 22, 2017, 08:52:03 PM

Surtur at the end still gives me hope for Beta Ray Bill.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Thor: Ragnarok  
Jump to: