Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2017, 07:54:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: MLB 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLB 2017  (Read 186 times)
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

on: April 04, 2017, 12:15:46 PM

Because it's time for a new one, I guess?

Anyway, I thought of Paelos when I read the Times piece on lack of fundamentals. Kids can hit, and pitch, but fielding grounders and simple throwing and catching are suffering.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/01/sports/baseball/they-can-hit-400-foot-homers-but-playing-catch-thats-tricky.html

Paelos: Somebody find that post where I declared Seattle dead, because those fuckers are NFL cockroaches in the NFC.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 01:08:39 PM

Yep! New season, and the Braves are already 0-1! Yeehaw our bullpen sucks!

I learned up close and personal kids aren't doing the fundamentals when I watched two college programs a few weeks back and UGA committed 8 errors in one game.

Ridiculous. And the Braves lost their first game because our catcher didn't know to stand on top of the plate when applying a tag.

CPA, Sports blogger, Mount and Blade enthusiast
Braves by the Numbers, my sports blog
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 01:47:24 PM

Curious to see how Cleveland fucks things up this season.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Go Tribe....

"I want to watch it all burn in an orgy of smashed Coke machines and weasel rape." - HaemishM
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 01:49:41 PM

Cleveland will likely still be quite good this year. Not to jinx things, but I don't find it unlikely that we get a World Series rematch this year. OTOH, it's the Tribe and the Cubs and fucking up a good thing is kind of in their DNA.  why so serious?

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 03:37:18 PM

Ridiculous. And the Braves lost their first game because our catcher didn't know to stand on top of the plate when applying a tag.

This is fucking unforgiveable. I played catcher, that is literally the first thing you learn for the position.

Paelos: Somebody find that post where I declared Seattle dead, because those fuckers are NFL cockroaches in the NFC.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 06:26:25 AM

I'm telling you, there are routine screwups in the majors now on stuff that should be relatively simple.

Putting the ball in play with a runner on 3rd and one out? They'll fuck that up routinely instead of shortening up their swing.
Bunting to beat a shift? Forget it, they just swing as hard as they can and keep hitting into the shifts.
Hitting the cutoff man instead of gunning it up the line to home? Nope.
Holding runners as an Ace pitcher? Nope, I can just strike my way out of this.
Executing a hit and run?
Catching with two hands?

I could go on and on about how the reason scoring is down is because this current crop of players has no fucking clue how to actually play the game.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 06:30:34 AM by Paelos »

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 06:51:15 AM

I don't know..I see all of that still. If a guy isn't doing something like shortening his swing it's usually a top hitter so I have to assume the coaches just want him free swinging because that's what he's paid 20$ million for.

But hey, at least you have all the knuckle ballers.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 07:02:52 AM

The Sox bunted against the shift on opening day..:D So far we think John Farrell might have been body switched by aliens. He's actually managing like a semi-competent human being.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 12:08:16 PM

I don't know..I see all of that still. If a guy isn't doing something like shortening his swing it's usually a top hitter so I have to assume the coaches just want him free swinging because that's what he's paid 20$ million for.

But hey, at least you have all the knuckle ballers.

Right, but if I have a runner on first and you're shifting over my best hitter who I assume is in the 3 slot? I can then bunt and give my cleanup guy the shot to drive in a run with a single.

I understand not bunting if the bases are clear and you're in a tie game.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: MLB 2017  
Jump to: