Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:21:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: MLB 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLB 2017  (Read 27535 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 01, 2017, 08:30:17 AM

The two best teams in baseball going the distance. Pretty good shit. Go Astros?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #36 on: November 01, 2017, 02:06:42 PM

The games for the most part have been amazing. Great time for my son to start being interested in baseball.  (Unfortunately that means more little league.. ugggggg)

Juiced ball or not, this is as fun as baseball gets.

-Rasix
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 02, 2017, 04:08:48 AM

The games for the most part have been amazing. Great time for my son to start being interested in baseball.  (Unfortunately that means more little league.. ugggggg)

It's amazing that the game is popular as it is considering how f'ing terrible little league is. I've never met a parent that says 'I love going to little league games! They are so much fun and fast paced!'

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #38 on: November 02, 2017, 07:17:17 AM

Lastros to World Champs. If the last two years don't show you anything is possible in baseball, I don't know what does.

This is an interesting time to be a fan because I've thought the parity was lacking for a long time. I still do in areas, but both the Cubs and the Astros are testaments to complete rebuilds actually working. It's sort of terrifying that we're seeing that in almost every sports league now. Teams are embracing massive loss years for the chance to win a title and reset the organization.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #39 on: November 02, 2017, 07:48:51 AM

Lastros to World Champs. If the last two years don't show you anything is possible in baseball, I don't know what does.

This is an interesting time to be a fan because I've thought the parity was lacking for a long time. I still do in areas, but both the Cubs and the Astros are testaments to complete rebuilds actually working. It's sort of terrifying that we're seeing that in almost every sports league now. Teams are embracing massive loss years for the chance to win a title and reset the organization.

*ahem*

/cry

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #40 on: November 02, 2017, 08:38:29 AM

The thing that's made both the Cubs and Astros' success possible though is that despite the tanking, those teams were still making stupid amounts of money. The same goes for both the NFL and NBA - all these teams (even the ones "losing money") are solvent enough and have enough revenue coming in that they can afford to lose for long enough that their scouting department can hopefully find enough pieces to win.

WayAbvPar

Reply #41 on: November 02, 2017, 09:14:41 AM

They also finally hired competent people to run their teams. The Browns have definitely not done that, judging by the aborted AJ McCarron trade on Tuesday. WTF.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #42 on: November 10, 2017, 07:20:21 PM

It's amazing that the game is popular as it is considering how f'ing terrible little league is. I've never met a parent that says 'I love going to little league games! They are so much fun and fast paced!'

Nobody liked going to children’s sports of any kind.  They play them all universally bad (kids soccer may be the worst).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #43 on: December 08, 2017, 09:36:02 AM

Hot Stove heating up! Even if Giancarlo Stanton hasn't been traded yet, the Marlins are starting the fire sale early. Dee Gordon traded to the Mariners for a couple of spare parts and $1 million in international allocation money.

WayAbvPar

Reply #44 on: December 08, 2017, 10:59:03 AM

Only the Mariners would trade for a Gold Glove 2nd baseman to play center field.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #45 on: December 08, 2017, 04:58:07 PM

Meanwhile, Shohei Otani is going to the Angels of all places.
WayAbvPar

Reply #46 on: December 08, 2017, 05:35:13 PM

Not only not a Mariner, but on a division rival. Extra crispy shitty. Sigh.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 09, 2017, 04:09:07 PM

The Yankees will MASH, and probably lose in the playoffs to a team with better pitching. :D

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 11, 2017, 04:39:26 PM

Uhg, hope so. Rough day though to be a Jays, Rays or Orioles fan when you know the Sox are gonna respond with a big UFA or two while the former 3 teams are looking at teardowns.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: MLB 2017  
Jump to: