Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:38:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: IT 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IT  (Read 58060 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: September 16, 2019, 09:51:20 AM

Yeah they were.  They were basically the condensed movie version of the ST kids.  The entire first movie had much of the same 80s vibes that makes ST so popular.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
schild
Administrator

Reply #176 on: September 16, 2019, 10:43:09 AM

They were flat out better in IT
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: September 16, 2019, 11:08:01 AM

My problem with this version of IT is that it comes from the JJ Abrams school of movie making. High production values, competently directly, looks and sounds ok. Their good movies by every technical benchmark but they don't invoke anything. I never come away from a JJ Abrams movie feeling like I saw something special. Which is why Abrams is consistently hired to make remakes, he can "modernize" a franchise and make it accessible to a new audience. But in doing so you often lose what made the original franchise memorable.

This new IT hits all the right technical beats but isn't too interested in being memorable.
schild
Administrator

Reply #178 on: September 16, 2019, 11:40:57 AM

My problem with this version of IT is that it comes from the JJ Abrams school of movie making. High production values, competently directly, looks and sounds ok. Their good movies by every technical benchmark but they don't invoke anything. I never come away from a JJ Abrams movie feeling like I saw something special. Which is why Abrams is consistently hired to make remakes, he can "modernize" a franchise and make it accessible to a new audience. But in doing so you often lose what made the original franchise memorable.

This new IT hits all the right technical beats but isn't too interested in being memorable.

what the fuck are you talking about

they literally could not have hired someone better from the pool of living cinematographers than they did with Chung-hoon Chung

Nothing about IT came across as a JJ Abrams thing, but even then, if you're not gonna call Cloverfield - regardless of whether you liked it or not - viscerally memorable I don't know what to tell you.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #179 on: September 16, 2019, 11:41:29 AM

I disagree with what you said.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: September 16, 2019, 12:03:43 PM

HA! Not memorable. Holy shit.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: September 16, 2019, 01:06:07 PM

I disagree with what you said.
I see what you did there.   awesome, for real
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: October 01, 2019, 11:18:28 PM

Part 2 is a solid Meh from me.  There was a some good elements combined with a lack of subtlety that was on the nose in a few spots.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: October 02, 2019, 04:36:29 AM

Saw this last night. I enjoyed the humor and wisecracks more than I thought I would. Just enough to break the tension without being distracting (and it was built on their interactions as kids). I liked it, doesn’t sound like most people did though. Much better than the second part of the TV movie...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: IT  
Jump to: