Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:10:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017  (Read 121719 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #350 on: January 23, 2018, 11:47:04 AM

In defense of the refs, the Jags D was playing really rough and dirty the whole game.

I normally cheer the Pats D when they do that and then admit it should've been a flag. But I felt the Jags won the dirty D contest and the flags reflected it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #351 on: January 23, 2018, 11:52:15 AM

I thought some of the plays the Pats D was making were just as rough, but they weren't even remotely called, like the refs were watching a totally different game. I don't think it was necessarily the reason they lost - I'd certainly blame the shitty Prevent D over the refs. But the refs still sucked.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #352 on: January 23, 2018, 04:46:03 PM

Muh refs.

Seriously though, Jags played good o for the first half, short runs intermixed with flat outs at around the 5 yard mark. This got them plenty of 1st downs and got some points.

In the second, the Patriots adjusted, and apparently the Jags had no plan b. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Defending well only gets you so far, you still need to score points.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #353 on: January 23, 2018, 07:22:57 PM

Here's an idea Jags, stop a 3rd and 18? You win the game. The rest is just fucking nonsense.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #354 on: February 04, 2018, 07:40:08 PM

Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles. Figure that one out.  awesome, for real

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: February 04, 2018, 08:30:19 PM

It was tough to find a favorite in that game.  The evil empire vs the team with the worst fans in the league.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: February 04, 2018, 08:35:27 PM

It was tough to find a favorite in that game.  The evil empire vs the team with the worst fans in the league.

Naw, the worst fans are New England/Boston fans.  Poor, whiny as fuck losers and even worse when they win.  Suck it chowds!!! Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #357 on: February 04, 2018, 08:51:00 PM

No, Eagles fans are by far the worst.  Vikings fans were subjected to endless abuse in the playoff game at Philadelphia.  Spat on, beer cans thrown at them, shoved, told they would be raped.

But even if you put all that aside there are two things they did that were nothing less than despicable.  One was Millie a 99-year old Vikings fan that was awarded tickets to the game.  Some Eagles fan thought that it was ok to create and parade around with a banner that said "Fuck Millie".  A 99-year old woman.

The second was an Eagles fan yelled "Fuck you" at a baby in a stroller that had a little Vikings jersey on.  A baby.  In a stroller.

Jesus.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: February 04, 2018, 09:18:04 PM

No, Eagles fans are by far the worst.  Vikings fans were subjected to endless abuse in the playoff game at Philadelphia.  Spat on, beer cans thrown at them, shoved, told they would be raped.

But even if you put all that aside there are two things they did that were nothing less than despicable.  One was Millie a 99-year old Vikings fan that was awarded tickets to the game.  Some Eagles fan thought that it was ok to create and parade around with a banner that said "Fuck Millie".  A 99-year old woman.

The second was an Eagles fan yelled "Fuck you" at a baby in a stroller that had a little Vikings jersey on.  A baby.  In a stroller.

Jesus.

Counter argument: Trump is a Patriots fan, therefore the Patriots have the worst fans.  My earlier assessment of them is spot on for Trump.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #359 on: February 04, 2018, 09:50:33 PM

Eagles fans are stupid, loud and punch horses.

Patriot fans think Brady is the greatest player of any sport ever.

Advantage Philly.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #360 on: February 04, 2018, 10:44:37 PM

Counter argument: Trump is a Patriots fan, therefore the Patriots have the worst fans.  My earlier assessment of them is spot on for Trump.
I don't know, my facebook feed was full of people rooting for the Eagles because they are the team that "doesn't kneel".   Ohhhhh, I see.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: February 05, 2018, 01:21:09 AM

Cmon folks. Let's just come together over the glorious fact that the Patriots didn't win.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: February 05, 2018, 04:08:08 AM

Even in losing I can still find solace in the tears of other teams fans still whining about the Patriots.  why so serious? why so serious?

Is Philly still standing?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #363 on: February 05, 2018, 05:04:56 AM

No one’s whining. But thanks for proving my point about pats fans.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #364 on: February 05, 2018, 06:39:51 AM

lol, um exactly.  Pats fans are obnoxious because the team has won shitloads of superbowls. You wouldn't care otherwise. Anyways...

Pats defense was poop all night and Malcolm Butler was benched. The melt down on local radio is epic.  Eagles played with big balls all night and deserved to win. How is it there was only 1 sack in the game TOTAL (and a fairly important one)Huh?  Crazy. Oh and one punt. 

The downside, (outside of 6 new england states, and small pockets of Giants, Cowboys and Redskin fans) is that this game was the perfect ending for the NFL season and gives some relief to Roger Goodell. Fuck that guy.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:34:48 AM by Shannow »

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #365 on: February 05, 2018, 07:35:32 AM

That was a really great game (unless you like defense). FUCK TOM BRADY and SUPERFUCK BILL BELICHEK. I look forward with glee to the fuckton of schaudenfraude over Brady and Belichek's feud over TB12's trainer guru and all-around con man Alex Guerrero. But even more, I look forward to the lovely angst of Pats fans who will have to question why Belichek benched one of their better corners for what he called "matchups." Yeah, the guy who played 98% of all defensive snaps this year, against all sorts of top recievers gets benched in the biggest game of the year because somehow he doesn't matchup well against the Eagles? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. There is a story there and I look forward to it leaking out of Pats camp all offseason long. I hope it's bigger than Deflategate.

I think we can safely say that Eagles fans and Pats fans are mostly people who should be sealed in barrels and fired into the sun. But at least Tom Brady didn't win.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #366 on: February 05, 2018, 11:17:09 AM

That was a really great game (unless you like defense). FUCK TOM BRADY and SUPERFUCK BILL BELICHEK. I look forward with glee to the fuckton of schaudenfraude over Brady and Belichek's feud over TB12's trainer guru and all-around con man Alex Guerrero. But even more, I look forward to the lovely angst of Pats fans who will have to question why Belichek benched one of their better corners for what he called "matchups." Yeah, the guy who played 98% of all defensive snaps this year, against all sorts of top recievers gets benched in the biggest game of the year because somehow he doesn't matchup well against the Eagles? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. There is a story there and I look forward to it leaking out of Pats camp all offseason long. I hope it's bigger than Deflategate.

I think we can safely say that Eagles fans and Pats fans are mostly people who should be sealed in barrels and fired into the sun. But at least Tom Brady didn't win.

I say we just hit both cities (well, one city, one college town with a pier) with neutron bombs and replace the inhabitants with America's homeless.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #367 on: February 05, 2018, 02:33:34 PM

lol, um exactly.  Pats fans are obnoxious because the team has won shitloads of superbowls. You wouldn't care otherwise. Anyways...

Pats defense was poop all night and Malcolm Butler was benched. The melt down on local radio is epic.  Eagles played with big balls all night and deserved to win. How is it there was only 1 sack in the game TOTAL (and a fairly important one)Huh?  Crazy. Oh and one punt.  

The downside, (outside of 6 new england states, and small pockets of Giants, Cowboys and Redskin fans) is that this game was the perfect ending for the NFL season and gives some relief to Roger Goodell. Fuck that guy.

It's not just when you're teams were winning that New England fans were annoying.  They cried and moaned for years "Curse of the Bambino, Bucky Dent, Bill Buckner, poor us boo hoo" like huge babies.  When all their teams started winning championships (Bruins, Pats, Red Sox, Celtics) the past 10-15 years, the chowds have become unbearable obnoxious winners.  Philly fans booing Santa or being drunk assholes are infinitely more bearable.  The Pats won 5 super bowls but they also have a legacy of being caught cheating on multiple occasions.  Fuck Brady and his deflated footballs.  Fuck Bellicheck, his stupid hoodie and his grumpy old man attitude about everything.  Fuck Big Papi and his steroids.  And fuck that little weasel Brad Marchant when he cheap shots other players then runs and hides behind that Frankenstein face Chara.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:35:51 PM by Ginaz »
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #368 on: February 05, 2018, 04:38:11 PM

why so serious? why so serious? why so serious? why so serious? why so serious?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #369 on: February 05, 2018, 05:35:38 PM

Philly is a festering pile. This isn't really a debate.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: February 05, 2018, 05:37:46 PM

You know, shit was not that bad last night in Philly, honestly. Most of the population of the city was out on the street and there was a few bad things that happened, but on a given night, I would guess that two to three cars get set on fire anyway. Most of it was just happy, exuberant people high-fiving each other and playing instruments and shit. If a million people spill onto the streets and they're determined to really fuck shit up, they could level the city.

I found out something I never knew about the "Icicles thrown at Santa" thing. Santa wasn't a hired Santa actor--the hired Santa actor stiffed the organization and so in desperation they went through the stands to find a dude at the last second who happened to be dressed at Santa. That was a skinny 20-year old drunk who stumbled out and was like, "HAI KIDS I AM THE SANTAS". I might have thrown an icicle at that, really.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #371 on: February 05, 2018, 05:49:55 PM

Footage last night from Philly was hilarious. Guy riding on top of the police van. Other ppl randomly riding on top of cars. People jumping off awning at Ritz Carlton...random groups of ppl singing along to that Meek Mills song.  Who doesn't love a good city wide celebration/riot.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #372 on: February 05, 2018, 07:16:01 PM

I find it distressing that I now know two things about Nick Foles I never really wanted to know: He went to Liberty University and has a ginormous dong.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #373 on: February 05, 2018, 11:59:21 PM

I find it distressing that I now know two things about Nick Foles I never really wanted to know: He went to Liberty University and has a ginormous dong.

How would you know that? Head scratch ACK!
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #374 on: February 06, 2018, 04:36:25 AM

Don't forget the footage of the drunk fans eating horse shit off the streets, that was cool.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: February 06, 2018, 05:59:41 AM

You do know his nickname right?

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #376 on: February 06, 2018, 06:30:33 AM

Large Coals Foles?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #377 on: February 06, 2018, 07:06:03 PM

It's been in the news since the game. His two nicknames in college were Big Dick Nick and Footlong Foles.  Was also confirmed a couple years ago by a teammate that he had the biggest johnson on the team.

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #378 on: February 07, 2018, 11:57:56 AM

So Josh McDaniels meets with Belichek on Tuesday and decides, nope, don't want to be in charge of the adderall-fueled trash fire that is the Indy Colts, even if Andrew Luck returns.

Wow.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #379 on: February 07, 2018, 12:41:25 PM

So Josh McDaniels meets with Belichek on Tuesday and decides, nope, don't want to be in charge of the adderall-fueled trash fire that is the Indy Colts, even if Andrew Luck returns.

Wow.

As much as I dislike Josh, Colts started the parade before they got it in writing. Players keep talking about the NFL being just a business, well.... there ya go. Get the man to sign before you go off on the victory lap.

Also read that Luck's shoulder still isn't right and may need clean up surgery. It'll be a miracle if he comes back as good as he was, or was supposed to be. I'm not even sure anymore. Love the fact that Luck and RG3 are both afterthoughts in the QB realm now - replaced by Case Keenum and Nick Foles.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #380 on: February 07, 2018, 01:13:55 PM

replaced by Case Keenum and Super Bowl MVP Nick FolesOh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I just had to correct you, so that we could all remember the Football Gods hate our fucking guts.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017  
Jump to: