Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:23:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017  (Read 121698 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #315 on: January 02, 2018, 03:18:41 PM

LOLBENGALS

Pretty much everyone figured Marvin Lews was on the way out in Cincy - and they just gave him a 2-year extension coming off a second straight losing season after 2 or 3 one and done playoff runs before that. Seriously, Mike Brown is just a fucking cheap ass moron.

EDIT: Also, Carson Palmer joined Bruce Arians in retiring.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: January 02, 2018, 04:52:35 PM

The only reason I don't want the Rams to win is fuck their owner, he doesn't deserve shit.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #317 on: January 02, 2018, 05:20:39 PM

So... go Steelers?  Are you guys on my side for a change?  Or are most of us just rooting for the Saints to get hot and fuck everyone's shit up?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #318 on: January 02, 2018, 06:40:49 PM

I'd rather the Saints win (it was the first team I followed as a kid) or the Jags because fuck the football gods, they've shit on us enough this season, give Jacksonville the Super Bowl to make this whole joke season complete.

Fuck New England because Belicheat and Brady.
Fuck Pittsburgh because of Rapistberger.
Fuck Atlanta because we all know they'd just choke anyway.
Fuck the Rams because Stan Kroenke is an utter piece of shit ruining teams on two continents in multiple sports.
Fuck Minnesota because I'm a Packers' fan and Blair Walsh isn't there to ruin their playoffs again.
Fuck Tennessee because their owner is a racist fuckbag (not that that doesn't apply to all the teams but still...)
Fuck Carolina for the same reason and add sexual harasser to the list.
Fuck Kansas City because they are boring.
Fuck Buffalo because of the Bills Mafia on behalf of every folding table ever, and their shitty owner (actually, I think I'd really enjoy it if they won with Tryod Taylor because they've been trying to run him out of town all season despite his decent numbers).
Fuck Philadelphia because their fans are utter assholes who throw batteries at Santa Clause and they gave Mike Vick a giant contract AFTER he got out of prison.

So yeah, New Orleans, Jacksonville and I guess the Bills?

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #319 on: January 02, 2018, 07:15:34 PM

Minn is a great team from a neutral perspective. I think a full blown Andy Reid + Alex Smith win a super bowl redemption thing would be cool so KC is alright in my book too. I'm not even even sure what the Bills bit was about and they are never winning anything but I'd be ok with it.

The rest I'm on board with though I'm not even aware of the Tenn thing for me its just they aren't good enough to bother rooting for and those uniforms are so tacky and shit. Carolina is just fuck Cam Newton for me.

Minn, KC, Jax, NO, Buff is my rooting interests in order. I may watch none of it though, fuck the nfl and a tiny bit fuck football in general.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
WayAbvPar

Reply #320 on: January 02, 2018, 08:47:11 PM

I am pulling for Minnesota or NO.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #321 on: January 03, 2018, 07:15:31 AM

(actually, I think I'd really enjoy it if they won with Tryod Taylor because they've been trying to run him out of town all season despite his decent numbers)
That's what the Bills do. Farm team for good players who will go on to play well elsewhere. It's comedic.

Pats because they're the best team in the history of football.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: January 03, 2018, 01:03:51 PM

So I take it most people are losing patience and interest in the NFL?  Well, if that's the case...maybe it's time to bring back the XFL! awesome, for real ACK!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/12/21/vince-mcmahon-moves-100-million-closer-to-potentially-bringing-back-the-xfl/?utm_term=.300e06a4b19a
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #323 on: January 03, 2018, 01:07:58 PM

It's not.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: January 03, 2018, 02:45:15 PM

Because what a sport with rampant steroid use, and which causes catastrophic long term injuries needs is Vince McMahon.

Hic sunt dracones.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #325 on: January 05, 2018, 03:29:12 PM

I don't follow pro ball much, but I find it interesting that teams are so smitten over Gruden.  The guy has a Super Bowl, yeah, and with the Buccaneers, sure.  But he also has barely a .500 record if you take out the Super Bowl year.  In fact, he had one decent season after the super bowl, 2005, in which his team went 11-5.  Otherwise, his last 5 years he was 34-46.  And he got canned.  Throw in the fact that he hasn't coached in almost a decade and I think he's going to fall on his face in Oakland.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #326 on: January 05, 2018, 09:56:16 PM

Oh it's almost assured that Gruden's going to fail. I think he's been overrated for years as both a coach and a color commentator. I mean, he's better than Kornheiser was but he's still fucking nails on chalkboard annoying to me. The Raiders probably aren't as talented as they were since many of those guys seemed to have career years in 2016 and have fallen down since then. I'm looking at you, Amari Cooper.

WayAbvPar

Reply #327 on: January 06, 2018, 12:44:57 PM

I am just glad MNF will be watchable again.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #328 on: January 06, 2018, 01:21:25 PM

Don't say that until they announce the next color commentator. I hear Alex Jones is free.  why so serious?

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: January 06, 2018, 02:36:20 PM

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #330 on: January 06, 2018, 05:00:09 PM

lol chiefs
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #331 on: January 06, 2018, 09:05:09 PM

Wow, the Chiefs are so bad. What's worse is that the Titans are equally bad only one point less so. Worst of all, of course, are the refs who just absolutely shit the bed in that game. Like I seriously want someone to check all the refs for concussions. Holy shit, that Mariotta fumble was an actual fumble. Of course, the earhole shot that Kelce took was actually a fumble too so...

But yeah, LOL CHIEFS.

The Rams, OTOH, laid an egg. Not being able to stop the run the entire second half killed them. And look, the FALCONS LEARNED HOW TO RUN THE BALL WITH A LEAD. Too bad that shit's a year too late. Fuckers.

Now we get to see the most boring offense in football (Titans) lose to New England in a goddamn blizzard probably, and the Falcons will probably get to the Super Bowl for a rematch they will lose 500-10.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #332 on: January 07, 2018, 09:14:12 AM

Rams turned the ball over twice and despite winning almost every other stat, that and time of possession cost them the game.

The Falcons simply ground them out on the running game, and never gave the best offense in the league the time to score. However, that's not going to work against the Philly D who is #1 in the league against the rush, while LA was 27th.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: January 14, 2018, 06:03:59 PM

Suck it Steelers.

Wtf New Orleans , what was that attempt at a tackle?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #334 on: January 14, 2018, 07:18:54 PM

Saints, what in the actual fuck? How do you tackle?

The worst part is that I know exactly what kind of stupid shit he was trying to pull on that last play. He was going for the big, dumb, not even remotely worth trying shoulder slam to get a big hit. Which if he'd connected probably would have broken the reeiver's neck or given him a concussion. Or he could have, you know, actually tried a tackle with both arms and made sure. That was just about the dumbest fucking way to lose a playoff game that I can imagine.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #335 on: January 15, 2018, 12:59:53 AM

Nah, he just misjudged the timing and ducked under to not get a PI penalty.  He should have played more containment to manage the clock but he is an aggressive rookie (he played for the Utes so I watched him for years).

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: January 15, 2018, 08:26:10 AM

Saints, what in the actual fuck? How do you tackle?

The worst part is that I know exactly what kind of stupid shit he was trying to pull on that last play. He was going for the big, dumb, not even remotely worth trying shoulder slam to get a big hit. Which if he'd connected probably would have broken the reeiver's neck or given him a concussion. Or he could have, you know, actually tried a tackle with both arms and made sure. That was just about the dumbest fucking way to lose a playoff game that I can imagine.

Yup he totally failed his job took a terrible line because he wanted a highlight reel tackle. Well he got his highlight real time just probably not the way he wants to see it. It was not that the receiver made some weird juke move the guy just missed his tackle..
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #337 on: January 15, 2018, 09:32:09 AM

Nah, he just misjudged the timing and ducked under to not get a PI penalty.  He should have played more containment to manage the clock but he is an aggressive rookie (he played for the Utes so I watched him for years).

Given Minnesota's terrible bad luck with field goals in playoff games, he should have taken the PI and taken the chance with a field goal. Instead, he not only missed the tackle, he took out the only other guy who might have been able to catch Diggs.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #338 on: January 15, 2018, 02:29:19 PM

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #339 on: January 15, 2018, 02:40:05 PM

Sickest burn: Marcus Williams was trying to tackle Manti Te'o's girlfriend.  Mob

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #340 on: January 21, 2018, 05:24:31 PM

New rule: if you go helmet to helmet, drawing the roughness penalty, the offender is removed for as many downs/games/seasons as the injured player.

Being able to remove a star player for a 15 yard penalty is pretty shitty (fines are meaningless).
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #341 on: January 21, 2018, 05:27:39 PM

Unless it's against a Patriot because fuck those guys.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: January 21, 2018, 06:56:33 PM

Unless it's against a Patriot because fuck those guys.

why so serious? why so serious? why so serious?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #343 on: January 21, 2018, 07:37:43 PM

Another Tom Brady Super Bowl Win.

There is no God.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: January 21, 2018, 07:47:47 PM

There is. It just turns out he's not a very nice one  why so serious?

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: January 21, 2018, 11:09:02 PM

There's still time for the Patriot bus to rollover and kill the team. Give karma a chance.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #346 on: January 22, 2018, 11:24:34 AM

The whole team celebrating!

Seriously, check out the stats. 6-98 vs 1-10.

That 10 yard penalty the Pats took? On special teams.

At least I can feel good about not watching the Superbowl.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #347 on: January 22, 2018, 11:26:25 AM

Yeah, I have to say the refs were throwing some stupid PI flags on the Jags while totally ignoring shit the Pats were doing. Fuck that team.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: January 23, 2018, 07:01:34 AM

Yeah the refs won it  Ohhhhh, I see. Ohhhhh, I see. Ohhhhh, I see.

Some excellent analysis regarding the Jags and how they let the Patriots back in with overly conservative and predictable play calling in the second half.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #349 on: January 23, 2018, 09:40:03 AM

And the age old comment still applies, the prevent defense only prevents you from winning.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I still don't understand why coaches continue to do this every single time. Yes, the Jags def is the bread and butter of that team, but only when it is playing the unpredictable. Once you go into some canned defense to try and contain, you fuck yourselves out of the game.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017  
Jump to: