Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:13:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017  (Read 121682 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #280 on: December 17, 2017, 04:21:53 PM

roflcopter Rofl Waffle ROFL

-Rasix
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #281 on: December 17, 2017, 05:18:35 PM

Now, I'm a Patriots fan. But, that was a touchdown. I know they are trying to play these as close to the rules as possible, and that the te should have held onto the ball, but god damn that must suck.

On the other hand however, I have no understanding of Pittsburgh not kicking the field goal. I mean, come on.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: December 17, 2017, 06:06:51 PM

Good to see that Seattle has returned to being the dumpster fire I grew up with. I may move back to being a solid fan again, when I never had expectations and thus could not be disappointed.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #283 on: December 17, 2017, 07:51:01 PM

Fuck the NFL. Seriously, fuck the NFL. What is a catch should not be a question that gets adjudicated based on nanosecond footage on fucking instant replay not just every weekend but every single game, and with no consistency between calls or even the principals of possession. First, there was a TD by the Panthers in the game against the Packers that was not, no way, now how a goddamn catch. Then that fucking Steelers TD that gets overturned because of whatever the fuck "survive the ground" means. Fuck the officials, fuck the competition committee, fuck instant replay, fuck the CBA, FUCK THE NFL. So fucking sick of seeing games get decided by instant replay that doesn't even make any fucking sense.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #284 on: December 17, 2017, 08:12:39 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I _think_ what happened was; he wasn't touched after the catch, and bobbled the ball as he was going down. If he had been down by contact, but because he crossed uncontested, it somehow counts as loss of possession upon falling to the ground. I think.

* edit: talking about the NEvPIT game

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #285 on: December 17, 2017, 09:10:25 PM

I cannot parse any of the rules about what is a catch fine enough to explain anything that makes any goddamn sense. None of the rules are consistent, and it's goddamn football. I shouldn't have to parse rules based on whether I think a ball wiggled. That was a catch. Did it move on the ground? Sure, but if I have to parse the actions closely enough, it never looked like he lost possession. If he had run the ball in from a handoff and that happened, it wouldn't have mattered because he'd have "already crossed the plane of the goal line." So it's bullshit. Nothing about that play should have remotely been considered an incomplete pass.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: December 18, 2017, 05:28:17 AM

It's a shitty rule (and yes standard caveat I'm a Pats fan), however if he'd made that play in the open field say going for a first down the question is, was it a catch? The ball moves, it hits the ground. It's not a catch in the open field then it's not a catch at the goal line.

Oh and lol Steelers for trying to run a gotcha play against the most well coached and prepared team in the NFL. 

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #287 on: December 18, 2017, 07:00:06 AM

I still and will always maintain that was a catch anywhere on the fucking field.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #288 on: December 18, 2017, 08:34:50 AM

The devil's advocate in me is quietly gleeful since most of the game has turned into a pass happy league. That and offensive pass interference.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

Reply #289 on: December 18, 2017, 09:03:02 AM

I still and will always maintain that was a catch anywhere on the fucking field.

Eh, it wouldn't be. If you saw that in the open field, where a guy goes to the ground with the ball moving, it's pretty consistently called.

The rule might suck and it might not pass the eye test most of the time, but that was a clear cut case for that demonstrating that rule. It was blatantly obvious once you saw it in the replay. Tony Romo's "awe shit" reaction to it is the perfect microcosm. Yah, it sucks, but it happened and it's the rule.

-Rasix
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #290 on: December 18, 2017, 09:46:00 AM

That's what I get for actually tuning in to the last five minutes of that game.  Steelers should've run the bawl with Lynch.
Rasix

Reply #291 on: December 18, 2017, 09:57:32 AM

I don't know. A goal line slant against the Patriots sounds like a pretty safe bet.

And fuuuuuck.  Seattle got destroyed. I'm not sure Russel Wilson's Jesus magic is enough to save them come playoff time.

-Rasix
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: December 18, 2017, 10:15:29 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I _think_ what happened was; he wasn't touched after the catch, and bobbled the ball as he was going down. If he had been down by contact, but because he crossed uncontested, it somehow counts as loss of possession upon falling to the ground. I think.

* edit: talking about the NEvPIT game

No its literally because the refs are dumb.

More or less the rule says

1) You gotta get 2 feet (or a knee or butt) inbounds. 2) you have to be able to* either "protect yourself", "turn upfield", "tuck the ball", or "take a step" while you have two feet on the ground in order to "demonstrate you're a runner"

If you're unable to do the second part then you must maintain control all the way to the ground and if the ground dislodges the ball you must re-control the ball before the ball touches the ground.

contact with the other team has nothing to do with it.

Upon review the officials determined that he had not "turned upfield" and therefore could not bobble the ball on the ground. Hence incomplete pass.

It was, however, complete bullshit because everyone saw him turn and lunge upfield, which makes it him a runner and means that contact with the ground would generate a fumble which he immediately recovered instead... though since he would have already crossed the plane of the end zone(and also immediately recovered it) that fumble would not have mattered

*You don't have to actually do it you just have to be able to. Since James did do one of those things he was clearly a runner
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #293 on: December 18, 2017, 10:58:34 AM

Even the undefined "Football move" language is dumb as fuck because the rules don't really even define what that means.

CLOWN. SHOES.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #294 on: December 18, 2017, 11:55:42 AM

I don't know. A goal line slant against the Patriots sounds like a pretty safe bet.

And fuuuuuck.  Seattle got destroyed. I'm not sure Russel Wilson's Jesus magic is enough to save them come playoff time.

Literally referencing the Seattle-New England Super Bowl where the game ended with the exact same interception on a pass into coverage in the end zone and the ensuing rants about how they should've just given the ball to Lynch.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #295 on: December 18, 2017, 11:59:19 AM

Atlanta losing tonight opens the door wide open to the Cowboys winning a completely undeserved spot in the playoffs, assuming they can pull a miracle and win out.

But if Atlanta loses to Tampa, I think that should eliminate them for sucking.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #296 on: December 18, 2017, 12:23:42 PM

I think I heard that if Atlanta beats the Bucs tonight, Green Bay is officially eliminated from the playoffs. I'm kind of hoping that happens so I can just ignore the rest of the regular season and just hope they finally fire either McCarthy or Capers or both. How the fuck Capers still has a job after having a 30th rated defense for multiple years in a row is a mystery to me.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #297 on: December 18, 2017, 07:26:15 PM

Even the undefined "Football move" language is dumb as fuck because the rules don't really even define what that means.

CLOWN. SHOES.

“Football move” was redefined to

“Being able to defend oneself”
“Tucking the ball”
“Turning up field” or
“Taking a step”
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: December 19, 2017, 02:05:23 AM

I find it pretty hilarious that everyone here is bitching about the clearly not a catch by the Pittsburgh but were just happy to say Dez didn't catch it   why so serious?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #299 on: December 19, 2017, 08:25:25 AM

I actually said at the time, as a Packers fan, that the Dez play was a fucking catch and that anyone who thought different was a fucking idiot. Because that shit was a catch.

EDIT: And here's the link to what I said about that play.

It was utter bullshit then, and it was utter bullshit to hand the game to the Pats on that play. Also, what a dumb fucking series of events that led to that Steelers INT in the endzone.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:34:10 AM by HaemishM »

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #300 on: December 20, 2017, 03:45:01 PM

Cowboys are still playoff eligible if like 3 things happen this week, otherwise FART NOISE

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #301 on: December 31, 2017, 02:43:06 PM

Go Tribe...

why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
WayAbvPar

Reply #302 on: December 31, 2017, 05:02:04 PM

What a fucking shit show. After all the garbage line play, the terrible play calls, the penalties- the Seahawks were still a playoff team if they had even an average kicker. I wonder if Walsh will bother showing up for the end of the season meeting? I have $50 for his bus ticket in my wallet.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #303 on: December 31, 2017, 07:28:01 PM

I mean, the Seahaws of any team should have known Walsh was cancer.

Very glad the Ravens missed the playoffs, as I just do not want to watch that terrible team with a good defense in the playoffs. I did watch the Jags/Titans game and holy shit, Blake Bortles may have improved this year but he did not show it here. He was goddamn awful. The Jags defense needs to arrange an "accident" for him. Meanwhile, the Titans were pretty bad as well and I expect their game against the Chiefs will be a really horrible game of football.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: December 31, 2017, 08:59:46 PM

Suck it Ravens! It 'twas glorious watching them get fucked by the Cincinnatti Bengals of all teams.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #305 on: December 31, 2017, 09:25:27 PM

And on a play that any idiot could have seen coming from a mile away. Yes, let's give the slot receiver about 20 yards of cushion. What could go wrong?

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: January 01, 2018, 02:48:49 AM

I'm glad the Hawks are out. They didn't deserve to be there after the shitshow that was that season. I mean, I still love em, still a fan, but being honest about the play is ok, too.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #307 on: January 02, 2018, 06:37:56 AM

I was hoping so hard that the Browns would beat the Steelers. Could've had ball-busting material for the boss for months.

"Yeah, things are bad. But are they "I got beat by a 0-15 Browns bad?""

DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #308 on: January 02, 2018, 07:59:16 AM

Packers remove Thompson as GM

This was needed like 2 or 3 seasons ago. His personnel decisions have been shit lately. Now someone fire Dom fucking Capers please.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #309 on: January 02, 2018, 08:22:38 AM

They already did.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #310 on: January 02, 2018, 09:05:37 AM

Thank fuck. I didn't even see that story.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: January 02, 2018, 09:38:30 AM

We doing predictions?

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: January 02, 2018, 12:21:34 PM

Patriots win the super and remain insufferable assholes as always. How'd I do?

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: January 02, 2018, 12:43:07 PM

Patriots win the super and remain insufferable assholes as always. How'd I do?

Sounds good to me..:D

The Pats are pretty flawed and they miss Edelman more than people think. Plus their D is hot garbage. On the flip side every other team in the playoffs has flaws too.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #314 on: January 02, 2018, 12:54:57 PM

I know New England has some weak spots. I just can't see any of these teams other than maybe the Steelers exploiting them. The Eagles might have given them a game in the Super Bowl with a healthy Wentz, but with Nick Foles? Their defense can't hold Tom Brady for the length of time it would take Nick Foles to get good again, even with this team. I don't see Case Keenum winning a Super Bowl against New England or Blake Bortles beating them in Foxboro. The Rams might have a shot in the Super Bowl if they can get past Minnesota's defense.

Whoever plays in the Super Bowl, I'm sure it'll be a very defensive game.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017  
Jump to: