Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:40:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017  (Read 121694 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #210 on: November 07, 2017, 08:51:55 AM

That. Fucking Mike McCarthy and Dom Capers have been living off his fucking talent for a decade. The team has only reached the playoffs through sheer luck and Rodgers talent since they won the Super Bowl in 2010 (the sheer luck was the year Rodgers was out for most of it and won the division because of a tie). I actually think other than the offensive line, they are decent offensively. They have decent options at wideout, they found a stud running back in Aaron Jones but their O line is banged up and fucking Ted Thompson let their 2 best guards do in free agency the last two years because he is fucking dumb and cheap. Ted Thompson also continually relies on the draft lottery bingo at cornerback year after year and our scouting in that department is questionable. Capers also does not know what a cornerback is used for other than rushing the passer and cannot scheme or adjust against a team that screens the blitz or runs off tackle.

The worst part about that game last night (besides our defense being clearly unable to stop fucking ANYTHING that isn't up the gut) was that just like against the Saints, McCarthy will not let Hundley be a quarterback until it's too late in the game to matter. He spent the first half calling screen passes and dink and dunk plays and then wondering why we have so many 3 and outs. By the time he let Hundley run the offense and throw the ball farther than 5 yards downfield, we were already 2 scores down.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: November 07, 2017, 11:26:49 AM

Which, and keep in mind I'm a NE fan, goes to show that Aaron Rodgers is actually a better QB than Tom Brady. See what the Pats did in 2009 with Brady out or last year when he was suspended for 4 games. Brady is great, and Belichick doesn't win 5 SBs without him but as a pure talent Rodgers is better. McCarthy is an average coach at best.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: November 07, 2017, 11:54:14 AM

At least the Hawks shit themselves. Jesus.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #213 on: November 07, 2017, 12:30:35 PM

I think Brady is more accurate than Rodgers and a better pocket passer but total package, yeah, I'm going Rodgers. Brady is susceptible to pressure because he can't roll out or improvise as well when his pocket collapses. Rodgers has been living in a constant state of adrenalized panic since the minute he came into the league. You could tap his veins and power cities on the anxiety that motherfucker has to live with on a daily basis.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: November 07, 2017, 12:42:37 PM

I think Brady is more accurate than Rodgers and a better pocket passer but total package, yeah, I'm going Rodgers. Brady is susceptible to pressure because he can't roll out or improvise as well when his pocket collapses. Rodgers has been living in a constant state of adrenalized panic since the minute he came into the league. You could tap his veins and power cities on the anxiety that motherfucker has to live with on a daily basis.

Agreed and I wonder if that has something to do with Brady's longevity, outside of his shoulder he doesn't actually DO That much physically on the field outside of shuffle a bit around the pocket (and the running, oh the running..fuck that is ugly). Throw in some luck and genetic lottery winning and you do have a guy who can play to 45. Rodgers may have the same physical attributes but the sheer stress that's placed upon his body running away from 300lb lineman constantly trying to kill him means that the body hits a certain age ala 38-39 and says 'fuck it I'm out'.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #215 on: November 07, 2017, 01:31:18 PM

Which Favre was also doing, but that fucker was crazy enough to enjoy it.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: November 07, 2017, 09:57:07 PM

I don't remember what the numbers were like, but I remember some analysis on Brady that basically said the guy makes his reads super fast and gets rid of the ball very quickly...helps his longevity and lack of mobility.  He probably has more football 'brains' than Rodgers for the most part, and the dude is just a winner.  But if I had either guy in his prime and were starting a team?  Probably Rodgers, but only by a hair.  And maybe it would even be the wrong choice, but Rodgers is a tough guy not to like.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: November 07, 2017, 10:05:06 PM

Rodgers is a tough guy not to like.

That is far more important to me than ability. I know, that's heresy, but I'd like to see Brady get run down by a steamroller parade because he's just such a ridiculous asshole.

WayAbvPar

Reply #218 on: November 08, 2017, 09:37:16 AM

At least the Hawks shit themselves. Jesus.

They shit everybody's pants. What a clusterfuck.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #219 on: November 08, 2017, 01:41:39 PM

Giants apparently hate Ben McAdoo, which is probably true because he's an idiot who should have never gotten a head coaching job.

Let's review how this man failed upwards shall we?

Hired by the Saints in 2004 as a "Quality Control coordinator for offense" I'm assuming that means he was a film guy. Google confirms, film guy. Mind you, those Saints were 8-8 and 14th in offense. Mediocre to the max.
Hired by SF in 2005 as an OL coach and offensive film guy. That team went 4-12 and was dead last in offense. That offensive line gave up 48 sacks in a season which was 5th most in the league. So he sucked as whatever that job was.
Somehow he ends up in 2006-2011 as the TE Coach in Green Bay. Basically this is the Packers high mark of seasons where they were in the playoffs constantly and won the Super Bowl in 2010. But remember, he's a TE coach at this time.
In 2012 they make him the QB Coach at Green Bay until 2013. Note, Aaron Rodgers was a Super Bowl MVP in 2010, the NFL MVP in 2011. And the NFL MVP in 2014. Somehow while McAdoo was QB coach he won nothing and got hurt. Immediately to get MVP again once McAdoo left.
In 2014-2015 McAdoo gets hired as the NY Giants OC. Why? Because he was around the Packers while they were good. The Giants proceed to go 6-10 twice in a row for those 2 years. And yet, in his second year he had a top 10 offense. They just couldn't stop anybody. This was his only sign of any success so far, so when Coughlin got the ax, he got a head coaching job.
In 2016, the Giants lucked their way through 2016 with about 4 wins of less than 3 points, got a playoff spot, and were immediately bounced by the Packers by 25 points.

And here we are in 2017 as the team basically implodes. And he's going to get fired. Because NFL owners are apparently morons who can't read how a guy being around a winning organization doesn't mean shit if he's got Aaron Rodgers as a QB, and then he breaks Aaron Rodgers.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #220 on: November 08, 2017, 01:43:30 PM

They would be more effective with a potted plant on the sidelines. You could put some hair gel and a pair of headphones on it and no one would know the difference.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #221 on: November 08, 2017, 02:32:04 PM

Ben McAdoo constantly has the look of a dad trying to shop for his daughter's birthday because his wife is sick and he can't remember if he's supposed to get Debbie Doodies or Wendy Wetsherself.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #222 on: November 09, 2017, 06:24:11 AM

Ben McAdoo constantly has the look of a dad trying to shop for his daughter's birthday because his wife is sick and he can't remember if he's supposed to get Debbie Doodies or Wendy Wetsherself.

It's just mindblowing to me that Rodgers was like Super Bowl MVP, NFL MVP, (McAdoo gets made QB coach), crickets, injury, (McAdoo leaves), NFL MVP

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #223 on: November 20, 2017, 08:03:34 PM

As much as I dislike Romo in the booth, he outdid himself with the nonstep verbal diarrhea calling the Pats game this week. We just turned the sound down and tuned him out, but ye gods is he grating.

I've dubbed him the Trump Era commentator.
WayAbvPar

Reply #224 on: November 20, 2017, 10:28:52 PM

Well congratulations Pete- your team, against all odds, played well enough to win, but giving away 3 points before the half, and then wasting a time out on a hopeless challenge made all the difference. Unfuckingreal.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #225 on: November 21, 2017, 05:00:11 AM

Your secondary was hot garbage all night. It's amazing it was even close. Against the shit parade that is the Falcons no less.

Russel Wilson has now matured into a QB who can win you a game. The problem is his defense has now degraded through injuries into a middle of the pack unit.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #226 on: November 21, 2017, 05:29:53 AM

I secretly want the Rams and Chargers in the Superbowl this season just for the ha-ha's.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #227 on: November 21, 2017, 07:44:39 AM

You shut your dirty whore mouth.  Mob

The games I actually picked to watch this weekend weren't even fucking close. The Raiders continue to redefine the term "DROPPED PASS." It's like all their receivers not named Michael Crabtree have had horrific nerve damage over the offseason so that their hands look normal, but do not function like hands so much as giant clubs. Meanwhile, their defense is also shit.

The Eagles made the game competitive, mostly by their receivers acting like they were the Oakland Raiders. However, the second half wasn't even close, and like the Raiders/Pats game, I turned it off in the 3rd quarter. Meanwhile the games I should have watched (the Saints game in particular) were apparently really close, fun affairs to watch.

Also, the Packers team is utter shit. Our rookie sensation RB just got arrested for driving under the influence of the weed he smoked that morning, Brett Hundley threw 3 INTs and the Packers got shut out at home. AT HOME. AGAINST THE FUCKING SHITTASTIC RAVENS. And yet, Mike McCarthy insists that Brett Hundley IS HIS GUY (GRRRR< FOOTBAW < GRIT < GRRR HEART!) while Colin Kaepernick continues to not have a job. And our defense is the same utter shit it's been for 5 years running.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #228 on: November 21, 2017, 09:38:53 AM

Kaep can't help the Packers any more than Hundley can.

Two reasons -

#1 The Packers don't want to run the ball. Which they should be doing instead of forcing a backup to throw the ball 30+ times. Especially since they are 25th in rushing attempts, but somehow are 9th in Yards per rush. WTF! Run the damn ball you idiots.
#2 The Packers can't run the ball as much as they want because their defense is a shitshow. Throw out the Bears and Seahawks games and here's what they've given up every week: 34,24,31,23,26,30,23. That's an average of almost 27 points against if you're name isn't the Bears or Seahawks. Those two teams are skewing the numbers down by another 4 points.

Kaep ain't scoring 28 a game with this team. Nobody is other than the guy sitting injured on the sidelines, MAYBE. And hell he only averaged 27 points a game last year.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #229 on: November 21, 2017, 10:15:58 AM

Actually, the problem with the Packers isn't that they aren't running the ball - that yards per run is legit. That game against New Orleans was a great example. Aaron Jones was tearing up 10 yard runs or more often and early. However, when they didn't get a long run and had a 3rd down of 5 or more, McCarthy just plain refused to let Hundley throw the ball. They were constantly running checkdowns and bubble screens and patterns too shallow to get a first down. By the time the half was over, they were down 2 TD's and suddenly they can't run. It isn't just because their defense is fucking awful (it is). It's that McCarthy clearly doesn't trust Hundley to win or even try hard until it's too late to do anything but pass. He's right not to trust Hundley but the fucker has given himself no other choice. Also their O line is banged up and not very good since they've continually let their best guards go in free agency despite neither of them having any real bad injury history.

Kaep can scramble and run from the scramble - he's not as good a passer as Rodgers when he scrambles, but he is able to make more yardage (or at least as much) with his feet when he does. McCarthy's biggest problem though is that he's just not a good coach, and he's been making a living off of Aaron Rodgers ability to create great offensive plays when what was called breaks down (which was just about every play because his receivers do not get separation anymore).

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #230 on: November 21, 2017, 10:26:10 AM

Yes, Kaep can run. But so can Hundley oddly enough, and they've basically forced him to stop doing it. You're talking about a guy who had 30 rushing TDs in college in a much more difficult conference than Kaep played in, who had 59 in 4 years as opposed to Hundley's 3 years.

Which is why I'd question bringing Kaep in over Hundley because they have essentially the same skill set and McCarthy can't do shit with what he's got.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #231 on: November 21, 2017, 11:06:16 AM

The only reason I bring up Kaep is because of experience. I'm not sure it would help substantially because again, McCarthy is a fucking terrible coach, as is Capers.

Houston and Denver, however, have no fucking excuses for not bringing in Kaep other than being Trump-loving dicks. Both those teams would substantially improve with Kaep running those offenses, Houston especially because he and Watson share a skillset. Can I just say that it's a sign that God hates us all that Deshaun Watson got injured? Because it really is.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #232 on: November 21, 2017, 11:42:36 AM

Denver has no shot at the playoffs so they aren't going to let the circus in town.

Houston should have done it already because despite their shit record the AFC is a dumpster this year and they could secure a wild care if they went 8-8 possibly.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: November 21, 2017, 11:44:15 AM

The Pack needs an O line.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: November 21, 2017, 12:13:44 PM

{insert team} needs an O line. Pretty much universal at this point.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: November 21, 2017, 01:26:17 PM

Look at how badly Dallas has done without Tyrone Smith at LT.

Look at how clean Tom Brady's pocket is (my wife a football novice even commented on this) and how integral Dante Scarnechieachaiahiaha is to coaching that line.

Did Seattle blow two years of their prime by having such a shit line?

A lot of football starts with building from the lines outwards.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: November 21, 2017, 02:18:54 PM

Probably.

WayAbvPar

Reply #237 on: November 22, 2017, 08:52:50 AM

That is how I build my Madden teams =P

And yes, the Seahawks paid their world class defense and then wasted it by having a sieve O line. The sooner they fire Tom Cable and give up on the idea of him being some sort of line guru, the happier I will be.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: November 22, 2017, 08:39:48 PM

I always play the defensive right end in Madden and love shit O lines.
WayAbvPar

Reply #239 on: November 24, 2017, 09:30:59 AM

I am more of a defensive tackle guy, since then I can blow up run plays too  awesome, for real

Also LOLCowboys. Watching JJ watching his team shit its pants is a wonderful new holiday tradition.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #240 on: November 24, 2017, 10:18:43 AM

It appears that without Zeke, the Cowboys just don't have any rhythm on offense. Like at all. It's amazing to watch really, because with Smith back at left tackle, they should at least be able to be moderately competitive even against a good Chargers defense. NOPE. I also just noticed yesterday that Phillip Rivers has the weirdest fucking throwing motion I think I've ever seen. It's like half sidearm, half "I'm just flinging this thing as hard as I can in no particular direction."

Detroit has no excuse really for not being able to find a running game. You can't even blame Jim Caldwell because their run game has sucked since Schwartz was coach and neither Caldwell or Jim Bob Cooter or their GM has done shit to improve it. Another team wasting a franchise QB's best years with complete ineptitude. And yet somehow, CASE GODDAMN KEENUM is having a better season passing than any other QB in the NFC North (TBF, Aaron Rodgers is out so...) What's worse is he actually looks good. Their running game isn't anything special and yes, their defense is really fucking good, so Keenum's not being asked to do HOF level things. Even so, he still has good numbers and he's playing better than at least half the starting QB's in the league. ESPN has him at #2 on Total QBR for this year behind Deshaun Watson which is just nuts to me. He's ahead of BRADY. What kind of world is this?

I didn't bother watching the Giants shit the bed against the Skins because that was a foregone conclusion.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #241 on: November 26, 2017, 05:12:15 PM

It appears that without Zeke, the Cowboys just don't have any rhythm on offense. Like at all. It's amazing to watch really, because with Smith back at left tackle, they should at least be able to be moderately competitive even against a good Chargers defense. NOPE. I also just noticed yesterday that Phillip Rivers has the weirdest fucking throwing motion I think I've ever seen. It's like half sidearm, half "I'm just flinging this thing as hard as I can in no particular direction."

1600 yards and 15 TDs is pretty tough to remove from the offense and replace it with Alfred Morris. Also when you remove the running game it really shows how young Dak looks at QB. Having Dak run playaction off an incredible running game is fine. If you put the game on his shoulders, you're fucked. He's not ready for that in year 2 of an NFL career with a guy like Dez Bryant as his "star" receiver. Dez is and continues to be the most underwhelming guy I've seen at a position that gets the most hype. He had 3 phenomenal years with Romo. Since Dak's come along he's a non-issue as a player and can't seem to get on the same page. He's basically TY Hilton with 2 more years on his resume.

Anyway, the big loss besides Zeke was Sean Lee, who continues to be the glue that holds the defensive crap-fest together. On the field, Dallas is 5 points a game better on D. That's insane that one guy over the span of the last 2-3 years has that much of an impact, but it's true. When you take away the best offensive player, the best defensive player, put the best blocker back in the game gimpy, and we're on the backup kicker? It's too much to overcome and I've written off the season.

Which is fine, because this Cowboys team isn't going to implode. Zeke is young, Dak is young, the line isn't going anywhere, the defense will get stronger in the draft, our best in the league kicker will come back, and Dez will hopefully get back on track and start making catches again.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: November 28, 2017, 01:29:58 PM

Jim Bob Cooter never gets old.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #243 on: December 03, 2017, 04:29:33 PM

Ok so if San Fran doesn't kill Garoppalo, they might actually be able to play next year.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #244 on: December 03, 2017, 04:58:07 PM

Falcons are still trash and the NFC is Minny v. Philly unless somebody murders their QBs.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017  
Jump to: