Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:43:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2017  (Read 68005 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #70 on: January 17, 2017, 07:21:51 AM

Green Bay
New England

See if I stay perfect. I think Atlanta is better overall, but A-Aron has been inhuman.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #71 on: January 17, 2017, 08:42:20 AM

Falcons have proven me wrong all year so why not keep the train rolling.

Dallas played such a shit first half that even catching up wasn't enough. I think if they learned how to substitute correctly Rodgers probably doesn't kill them by taking advantage of the dumbass penalties. Either way we deserved to lose and we did. The Cowboys looked piss poor for a half and you can't spot a good QB that much. Plus not getting in the end zone late was stupid. Another good season pissed away in the playoffs, so fuck Jerry just because.

I like the Falcons over Green Bay
I like the Pats over Pitt.

ATL-NE in the Super Bowl and NE probably beats the ever-loving fuck out of Atlanta because their defense is a bigger Achilles heel than anybody in the playoffs.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: January 22, 2017, 07:04:26 PM

No. 1 D vs No. 1 O.

Could be interesting. Just not surprised GB lost, after all the Rodgers fellatio that went on this week, it felt like it was going to go that way. Can't stay lucky forever.

Pats, as usual, stomped the Steelers. Nothing unusual there. Chris Hogan! Let your Pats hate flow rest of the country.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #73 on: January 22, 2017, 07:24:10 PM

Rodgers should learn to play defensive back too. There's a real need there.  why so serious?

Seriously, though, I couldn't even watch most of the game. I started falling asleep in the 2nd quarter and when I woke up it was 24-0 at the half and I thought, "Well this is going about as bad as I could have feared." When Julio Jones basically just Playstation 2'ed the fuck out of 2 defenders who should have either 1) covered him or 2) been able to tackle him, I just started fast-forwarding the Tivo. Fuck watching that shit show. Rodgers has carried that team all year but he couldn't carry them against one of the best offenses in the league this year. I so want Dom Capers fired and every cornerback on our team pounding pavement.

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: January 23, 2017, 07:37:23 AM

Atlanta 43 - NE 37

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #75 on: January 23, 2017, 08:13:02 AM

I'm in for Atlanta as well.

ATL > NE

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #76 on: January 23, 2017, 08:31:39 AM

Fiancee is pissed because I called Atlanta to win the superbowl at halftime during their game.

Ryan is going to pick apart their defense and I don't see them continuing to get Hogan wide open like they have been. Bennett is hurt, so their TE plays are off the table, and Blount hasn't been producing much. Amendola has been oddly quiet. Edelman and Lewis won't be able to carry the team when they need to put up numbers like they will to keep up with Atlanta.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: January 23, 2017, 08:40:19 AM

Fiancee is pissed because I called Atlanta to win the superbowl at halftime during their game.

Ryan is going to pick apart their defense and I don't see them continuing to get Hogan wide open like they have been. Bennett is hurt, so their TE plays are off the table, and Blount hasn't been producing much. Amendola has been oddly quiet. Edelman and Lewis won't be able to carry the team when they need to put up numbers like they will to keep up with Atlanta.

The Patriot Defense is for real, but it's going to be a shootout.  37-34 will be the  final score.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: January 23, 2017, 09:10:45 AM

The Pats put up 30+ points on the 7th and 11th rated defense (by DVOA) in the league. (Actually it was only 27 vs Houston, 1 TD was a KR). By most measures Atlanta's defense is worse than both those offenses. Seattle were banged up, missing key defensive players and basically all of their offensive line (ohoho Richard Sherman was hurt and not disclosed on the injury report? Where's the outcry, but they will probably lose a decently high draft pick over that). GB was missing half their receiving corp and had a bunch of injuries and their defense was pretty bad too (plus Dom Capers..hehheh).

Still that offense is scary, I just think that NE defense will keep them out of the endzone a few times and Brady will probably shred the ATL secondary. Can ATL get pressure with 4 rushers is the question.

Sticking with my 34-24 NE win prediction.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #79 on: January 23, 2017, 09:12:55 AM

40-27 NE

That Atlanta defense is not as good as they think they are. It's probably closer to Pittsburgh's defense. Plus, it's Atlanta and I'm sure they will fuck it up somewhere.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #80 on: January 23, 2017, 10:15:11 AM

40-27 NE

That Atlanta defense is not as good as they think they are. It's probably closer to Pittsburgh's defense. Plus, it's Atlanta and I'm sure they will fuck it up somewhere.

It's a bad defense. It's a REALLY bad defense and I've watched it all year. It kept teams in games when they had no business being in the game. If Seattle could offensively find it's ass with both hands, Atlanta wouldn't have gotten out of round 1, but Seattle gift-wrapped them one of the dumbest safeties I've ever seen, and then gave the ball right back to them for an easy TD. From there, I don't think the Seahawks converted a 3rd down that mattered. In fact the only TD they had after the safety was a kickoff return.

NE won't do that. They are too measured and too good to go completely ice-cold, and they are too well coached given 2 weeks to get fooled by Atlanta's Shannyshow and have wide open guys roaming around. Atlanta's defense looks great over the last two games because they started playing with double digit leads and could just rush the passer, ignoring the run. NE will never give up the run, and I don't think they've been down by 10 points at any point since Brady came back. Could be wrong on that, but they've lost only one game.

If I'm NE I pull the Philadelphia gamefilm against the Falcons and mirror that. Ball control offensive drives that grind down the Atlanta defense. Keep the ball away from Matt Ryan and gamble on 3rd down. Sell out against the Atlanta run and make them one-dimensional so they have to pass to convert everything. But most importantly, control the block. Have 5-6 minute drives. That's how you stop them, since Atlanta is all about getting into a rhythm and gashing you deep.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: January 23, 2017, 03:46:47 PM

since Atlanta is all about getting into a rhythm and gashing you deep.

Are we not doing phrasing anymore?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #82 on: January 23, 2017, 04:20:55 PM

Patriots in 5
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #83 on: January 24, 2017, 06:06:42 AM

I've laid the points so I've got Patriots -3

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: February 05, 2017, 02:57:08 PM

Fuck the Patriots. That is all.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #85 on: February 05, 2017, 03:41:02 PM

Worst season I can remember... and we have this as our reward. Go Tribe!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: February 05, 2017, 04:27:16 PM

Doesn't look good for the Pats.  Atl O maybe unstoppable.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: February 05, 2017, 04:45:15 PM

Amnnnnd game over

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: February 05, 2017, 06:13:44 PM

The playoffs (with the exception of the GB/Dallas game) have been horrible this year.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: February 05, 2017, 06:20:49 PM

Going to bed because this game isn't particularly interesting to watch.

Full credit to the Falcon's D for playing a great game though.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: February 05, 2017, 06:21:46 PM

Evony commercial in the Super Bowl. Fucking Evony.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #91 on: February 05, 2017, 06:38:27 PM

And WOT and Mobile Strike. The fact is these rat games are making shitloads so of course they're going to drop in. Makes it easier when companies like Toyota Doritos and such decide not to do ads.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: February 05, 2017, 06:47:32 PM

and somehow the Pats are making this interesting. fuck me I just wanna go play computer games.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: February 05, 2017, 06:55:04 PM

And if the Pats lose by one point the incorrect call on the blocked PAT from ATL's first TD is going to be a big talking point tmw.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: February 05, 2017, 07:06:39 PM

Going to bed because this game isn't particularly interesting to watch.

Full credit to the Falcon's D for playing a great game though.

annnnnd we are tied

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #95 on: February 05, 2017, 07:12:24 PM

Called this in the first quarter when my wife said Atlanta was running all over them.  I recall the last few times we thought the Pats were dead then Brady sacrificed another puppy at halftime and for the 4th quarter comeback.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #96 on: February 05, 2017, 07:23:49 PM

What a collapse. The whole world continues to be garbage.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: February 05, 2017, 07:26:48 PM

holy
fuck

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #98 on: February 05, 2017, 07:27:44 PM

Falcons gonna Falcon.

-Rasix
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #99 on: February 05, 2017, 07:32:16 PM

Delicious.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #100 on: February 05, 2017, 07:35:27 PM

Dude.  Tom fucking Brady.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

He should be a man and retire, Elway style.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: February 05, 2017, 07:37:37 PM

I went to sleep at the end of the 3rd. A friend called me and woke me up with 1:05 in the 4th. Watched until the end. I have no idea what I missed; what an unreal change of events

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #102 on: February 05, 2017, 07:47:35 PM

God is dead.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: February 05, 2017, 07:52:30 PM

No he isn't, he just hates the rest of America. ;)

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #104 on: February 05, 2017, 08:07:25 PM

What a collapse. The whole world continues to be garbage.

This. Fuck this NFL season, I'm glad it's finally fucking dead.

Apparently my instinct that Atlanta was just not to be trusted was right.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2017  
Jump to: