Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:07:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Board thread of the day... 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Board thread of the day...  (Read 211176 times)
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #875 on: March 03, 2008, 03:56:36 PM

This is why RP servers are bad. I'll take a thousand leet kiddies on a PVP server for every furry you guys got.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #876 on: March 04, 2008, 09:24:00 AM

On an RP-PVP server, the thousands of leet kiddies are wearing fur suits.  this guy looks legit

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #877 on: March 04, 2008, 09:45:35 AM

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4493774227&sid=1

This thread cracks me up, not as much for the elitist attitude as for the descriptions of the fights.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #878 on: March 04, 2008, 08:05:12 PM

On an RP-PVP server, the thousands of leet kiddies are wearing fur suits.  this guy looks legit

I bet they choose to go with Fury Warriors. Ha-ha. Ack!

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #879 on: March 05, 2008, 11:18:40 AM

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4493774227&sid=1

This thread cracks me up, not as much for the elitist attitude as for the descriptions of the fights.

That was hilarious, illidari council really IS the fucking superbowl of not standing on bad things.

I am the .00000001428%
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #880 on: March 15, 2008, 09:48:42 AM

So which of you sickos are buying that sword?  Come on, fess up.  Actually I had to resist a knee jerk reaction myself...  Thankfully the hilt is pretty awful looking.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #881 on: March 15, 2008, 05:33:38 PM

So which of you sickos are buying that sword?  Come on, fess up.  Actually I had to resist a knee jerk reaction myself...  Thankfully the hilt is pretty awful looking.

I'll admit, I am in the market for a few swords to hang on my walls for decor. However, I think this one is a little too over the top for even my obviously odd tastes.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #882 on: March 15, 2008, 05:58:07 PM

I (sadly) have the Arthas action figure from when WC3 first came out.  The sword looks exactly like the one that he came with.. except it's about 2/3 as large as it should be.  it's listed as 48" long and 12" wide.. the "actual" Frostmourne looks like it should be about 18-20" by 72".

Not to mention it's 16 pounds and $500  ACK! awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #883 on: March 17, 2008, 11:28:27 PM

I'll admit, I am in the market for a few swords to hang on my walls for decor. However, I think this one is a little too over the top for even my obviously odd tastes.

This is on my wall.  Impressive, but not over the top.  Course if anyone points out how nerdy it is that I have that sword, I always point out that it was purchased for me as an anniversary gift by a girlfriend.  Not sure I'd have the confidence to put it on my wall had I actually invested a few hundred of my own dollars into it.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #884 on: March 18, 2008, 07:37:02 AM

I think the only replica sword the non-nerd crowd would find acceptable would be a replica of Conan's sword from Conan the Barbarian.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #885 on: March 18, 2008, 08:46:33 AM

"Hey that's the sword from that game/movie!" - Sci-fi Nerd

"Hey that's not a real sword!" - Sword Nerd

"Hey that's a cool looking sword in your rec room!" - Normal person

"You're not going to put that out where people are going to see it are you?" - Wife

"I'm going to put it above the fireplace in the living room!" - Future Divorcee
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #886 on: March 18, 2008, 08:50:54 AM

I have 4 swords right now.. none of them anywhere near as detailed, but all pretty nice.  The wife doesn't care, so long as I keep them up out of the kid's reach.  It's good to marry a geek.

Oh... and "but it's blunt! There's no edge on it, see!" is apparently an inappropriate response to "don't you dare touch me with that!"

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #887 on: March 18, 2008, 08:57:55 AM

Oh... and "but it's blunt! There's no edge on it, see!" is apparently an inappropriate response to "don't you dare touch me with that!"

Hm.  Well, thanks, you probably just saved me a future argument.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #888 on: March 18, 2008, 09:21:41 AM

Wasn't an argument, so much as her being ticked at me for a few hours.  Women.  awesome, for real  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #889 on: April 15, 2008, 06:47:05 AM

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #890 on: April 15, 2008, 09:25:33 AM

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #891 on: April 15, 2008, 10:05:51 AM

The rogue forum had threads titled "how deep should i go into ass" and "i love penetration" that were actually quite informative.

I am the .00000001428%
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #892 on: June 02, 2008, 01:07:25 PM

Raiding Guild Application

This one's pretty  ACK!

(some of the later pages have some NSFW thumbnails)

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #893 on: January 13, 2009, 12:29:13 PM

Sorry, I just had to necropost this thread:

I think my Tank is seeing another Healer

I haven't had a laugh this good in a long time.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #894 on: January 21, 2009, 11:01:09 AM

This thread seems like the place to post this.

This might be old news to all of you, but today I just discovered that

is the guy who does the narrations in WoW.

Over and out.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #895 on: September 16, 2009, 04:35:12 PM

Wise fwom da gwabe...

Drama at the Wrathgate  Posted below for the working/ lazy.

Highlord Bolvar Fordragon walks among his men.

Alliance Soldier 1: Highlord Bolvar!

Alliance Soldier 2: Thank the Light!

Alliance Soldier 3: For Lordaeron!

Alliance Soldier 4: For the Alliance!

Bolvar roars as he and his men charge into the undead.

Highlord Fordragon: Back, you mindless wretches!

The gates open and Scourge vrykul, speaking in their native tongue, charge out.

Highlord Fordragon: Fight on, brothers!

As the battle continues, Saurfang the Younger observes the conflict and raises his axe to rally his soldiers.

Saurfang the Younger: Rise up, sons of the Horde! Blood and glory await us!

Back at the battle, Bolvar glances up at the sound of an orcish horn, and Saurfang and his troops arrive.

Saurfang the Younger: Lok'tar ogar! For the Horde!

Horde army: FOR THE HORDE!

Bolvar and Saurfang fight side-by-side.

Highlord Fordragon: I was wondering if you'd show up!

Saurfang the Younger: I couldn't let the Alliance have ALL the fun today!

Saurfang swings his axe, killing three undead vrykul in one slash. After the battle ends, Bolvar and Saurfang approach the gate.

Highlord Fordragon: Arthas! The blood of your father, of your people, demands justice! Come forth, coward, and answer for your crimes!

The gate rumbles and opens again, revealing the Lich King, Frostmourne in hand.

The Lich King: You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave and the true meaning of fear!

As the Lich King approaches, undead legions rise behind him.

Saurfang the Younger: Enough talk! Let it be finished!

Saurfang charges. The Lich King swings Frostmourne, shattering Saurfang's axe and killing the orc instantly. Frostmourne consumes the soul of the slain orc.

Highlord Fordragon: You will pay for all the lives you've stolen, traitor.

The Lich King: Boldly stated. But there is nothing you can--

An explosion and a green cloud behind Bolvar interrupts the confrontation.

The Lich King: What?

Laughter from the heights above the Wrathgate as Grand Apothecary Putress approaches.

Grand Apothecary Putress: Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

As he speaks, the catapults come forward.

Grand Apothecary Putress: Behold, now, the terrible ven--

Kanye West has appeared beside Putress on the cliff face.

Kanye West: YO PUTRESS, I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU, I'MMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT ARTHAS HAD ONE OF THE BEST BETRAYALS OF ALL TIME. THE BEST BETRAYAL OF ALL TIME. PEACE.

Kanye West has teleported away!

Grand Apothecary Putress: ...

Highlord Fordragon: ...You can still fire the catapaults if you want.

Grand Apothecary Putress: Death to the Scourge! And death to th-... $#!% it. I'll be in the Undercity.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #896 on: September 16, 2009, 05:58:21 PM

This is a meme I can get behind.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #897 on: September 16, 2009, 06:16:45 PM

Well hell, if we're going to post this kind of thing I thought this was better.  It's not an already annoying meme, though.

Kologarn is going to stop your raid

Yogg-Saron: Okay, so this whole plan is going pretty well. I've gunked up a tree in Grizzly Hills, I've enslaved the Keepers of Ulduar, and I've set up an impassable ravine between my inner sanctum and the outside world, so nobody can get in to stop me.

Kologarn: AND I WILL STAND IN IT.

Yogg-Saron: Seriously not necessary, K-Garn. I've got that whole thing under control. Check out the map. It says that's "The Shattered Walkway." It used to just be "The Walkway." Until I shattered it. No walkway, no progress. Pure effin' genius.

Kologarn: AND THAT IS WHERE I WILL SQUEEZE THE LIFE OUT OF THEM.

Yogg-Saron: No, dude. You don't need to go there at all. You can pretty much just take the week off. Maybe meet some ladies. I can't even remember the last time you hooked up.

Kologarn: NONE SHALL PASS.

Yogg-Saron: Well, that's the point of a huge ravine. So I don't really need your help.

Kologarn: I CAN CRUSH AN ARMORED TAUREN IN MY POWERFUL STONE GRIP.

Yogg-Saron: Yeah, but the tauren can't get over the ravine anyway. And it will be extra funny, because they could totally get over the ravine if they could use their flying mounts, but flying mounts are disabled in Ulduar. That will make them crazy. See, that's what I do.

Kologarn: WITH MY OVERHEAD SMASH, I CAN MAKE THE EARTH SHAKE. MY FOCUSED EYEBEAMS TURN MY VERY RAGE INTO LAZERS.

Yogg-Saron: Okay, I guess if you really want a crack at them. But it's fine with me if you just want to knock off. What's your hard mode?

Kologarn: HARD MODE?

Yogg-Saron: Can you, like, buff yourself to do double damage, or have twice as much health or something?

Kologarn: I AM VERY LARGE.

Yogg-Saron: Fair enough. Go hang out there. I guess, even if they beat you, I've still got my bases covered with the whole shattering-the-walkway plan.

Kologarn: YEAH. I DON'T SEE ANY WAY YOU'LL BE SORRY ABOUT THIS.

Over and out.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Board thread of the day...  
Jump to: