Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:02:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Board thread of the day... 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Board thread of the day...  (Read 211174 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

on: March 15, 2005, 09:46:19 AM

We can't have nice things.

You know what, with all of the large amounts of tradeskill items I've bought over the course of time, I could have easily fallen prey to this.   I've seen this though being attempted and have mentally put it in my mind to give every auction another look before I rapid fire hit the buyout button.  But you know, when you're buying 15 stacks of light leather, this 9.9 gold can look a lot like 9.9 silver.   This would be also very easy to run with a mule character. 

Anyhow, they say in the next patch money denominations will be more apparent in the auction house.  Now, if they'd only put up more and link the damn things already...

In other random news, I got these in Stratholme the other day.  Easily the gayest item ever in a mmorpg, solidified by the fact that they look like green speedos with short thigh length chaps.   I was one sexy troll for a bit.  Luckily the shaman set pants dropped 2 days later.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 09:56:38 AM

That item is so queer-eye I think anyone wearing it should be flagged for PvP automatically.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 10:11:40 AM

It ought to proc the rump-shaking emote.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 10:34:10 AM

Woollies of the Prancing Minstrel
Binds when picked up
Legs Mail
301 Armor
+10 Stamina
+12 Spirit
Requires Level 53
Passive: Increases your chance to assrape a corpse by 2%.

Those Blizzard people really do have a sick sense of humor.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 11:20:15 AM

MMOG players seem to go out of their way to prove this over and over and over.

Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 01:01:24 PM

There is no use trying to convince a scammer that they are a terrible person that should have been drowned in a bath tub before society was exposed to them.  The only thing left to do is plot revenge.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 01:21:06 PM

There is no use trying to convince a scammer that they are a terrible person that should have been drowned in a bath tub before society was exposed to them.  The only thing left to do is plot revenge.

Get me Edmund Dantes!

WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 01:22:49 PM

Get me Edmund Dantes!

No, no. You need Edmund BlackAdder.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 01:27:10 PM

The original poster/scammer is in a guild called pVp.  Maybe RP servers really do manage to filter out certain levels of stupidity.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 02:12:38 PM

No, they really don't.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 02:51:46 PM

No, they really don't.

Stop talking about me!
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 03:38:06 PM

That item is so queer-eye I think anyone wearing it should be flagged for PvP automatically.

Yep -- and us faggots wearing them WILL come after you and ream you so hard up the butt you'll be swallowing cock with your own shit on it.

However, on a lighter note, that shade of hunter green is SO 1988 no self respecting queer would wear it. I've already sent a note to the Blizzard design folks asking for black leather assless chaps instead. They said they're already working on it for our new Queer-only server, Dancing Queen.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 03:47:11 PM

Yep -- and us faggots wearing them WILL come after you and ream you so hard up the butt you'll be swallowing cock with your own shit on it.

However, on a lighter note, that shade of hunter green is SO 1988 no self respecting queer would wear it. I've already sent a note to the Blizzard design folks asking for black leather assless chaps instead. They said they're already working on it for our new Queer-only server, Dancing Queen.

I'm totally making Mr.Slave if they do.
WayAbvPar

Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 04:08:46 PM

I'm totally making Mr.Slave if they do.

He will, of course, have to be a hunter, so his pet can be:

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #14 on: March 15, 2005, 04:12:04 PM

Awesome.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 07:40:16 AM

Hey now, it's not a prison MMOG. Although I do think a prison MMOG would be really cool. Not for the ass-pounding though. Mostly because I'd get to shiv l337 morons.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 07:50:03 AM

I'd nominate this for thread of the day:

FOH favoritism

Not surprised at all and may not be as big a deal as it sounds but it is bad for PR

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 08:30:15 AM

Mostly because I'd get to shiv l337 morons.

I'd much rather shank them.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 16, 2005, 08:33:06 AM

Tigole posted on a board that wasn't the offical boards!  Shoot him!  Drag him out in the street and have him drawn and quartered!

I read the thread, in it he basically says, "Were aware of the bugs and are working on it, have a nice day."

Meanwhile, how many devs post here?

The only people bothered by this are smacktards who shouldn't be allowed to post on the internet in the first place.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 16, 2005, 09:14:16 AM

I've been stirring the pot a little in there. I'm not at all surprised FOH gets dev visitors and am not totally bothered by it. Maybe a wee bit but not enough to care other than tossing a few lit torches into the thread just for the hell of it. (Not like the thread is doing anything constructive anyway.)

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #20 on: March 16, 2005, 09:29:07 AM

If anybody can go to their site and obtain the information, I don't see what the big deal is.

But I agree, throwing lit torches at the powder kegs a.k.a. the official WoW forums is always a nice thing to do to break the monotony of a slow day at work.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 16, 2005, 09:42:55 AM

It's a mind numbing day at work as usual. That and I dislike FOH, they're a bunch of arrogant A-holes so it's fun to poke at them when I can do it safely. In this case I just dropped hints that all their high level raid successes are because a Dev told them how to do it and stood back and watched the fireworks.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #22 on: March 16, 2005, 12:06:55 PM

It's a mind numbing day at work as usual. That and I dislike FOH, they're a bunch of arrogant A-holes so it's fun to poke at them when I can do it safely. In this case I just dropped hints that all their high level raid successes are because a Dev told them how to do it and stood back and watched the fireworks.

Not like this would the be first game that accusation has ever been made in. That kind of stuff followed them throughout the EQ days, and I'm not entirely sure it was untrue.

Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 16, 2005, 01:58:48 PM

I'd nominate this for thread of the day:

FOH favoritism

Not surprised at all and may not be as big a deal as it sounds but it is bad for PR

Options for Developers and Community Managers
Last Updated 3/16/05

Post on official boards:                              not addressing all player concerns; get flamed.
Fail to post on offiicial boards:                   not communicating with playerbase; get flamed.
Fail to implement proposed fix:                  don't understand game; get flamed.
Implement proposed fix:                           listening to whiners; get flamed.
Post on non-official board: new!                 favoritism; get flamed.
Curl into fetal position, cry:                        can't hack it; get flamed.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 02:01:05 PM by Mesozoic »

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 16, 2005, 02:33:57 PM

Anyone else find it surprising and pretty retarded the tigole kept the same nick from his EQ days? specially if you remember his last name used to be "bitties"

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: March 17, 2005, 08:31:35 AM

Retarded, yes. Surprising, no. When you make your "name" off of being a little C mouthy asshole, you might as well use that name for all the perks it'll get you, including jobs.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #26 on: March 20, 2005, 07:13:51 PM

Because I hate you all..

Today's thread of the day.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: March 20, 2005, 07:16:43 PM

And the official name for people who post on the Warcraft boards is "fucktard."

I hate that place.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #28 on: March 20, 2005, 08:20:56 PM

Because I hate you all..

Today's thread of the day.

I'm getting all verclempt. Talk amongst yourselves, I'll give you a topic. The WoW boards and the SWG boards are a sucking chest wound on rational discourse, discuss.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #29 on: March 20, 2005, 09:24:49 PM

I'm getting all verclempt. Talk amongst yourselves, I'll give you a topic. The WoW boards and the SWG boards are a sucking chest wound on rational discourse, discuss.

What, this isn't rational discourse?:

"China has a fairly similar level of hardware and nearly twice the number of soldiers. Two and a half million zerglings and a billion+ drones to supply them is a force to be reckoned with. Especially since they have plenty of nukes."

I can guarantee you that the U.S.'s technology is vastly superior to china's and they could never get a nuke into the U.S. if they wanted...I dont think China has bulltes that you can program to a set destinantion that will dodge objects on the way( such as trees, etc...) and can blow up a tank or a railgun taht can shoot about 200 miles or longer im not sure and peirce an armored tank, but those are just 2 examples but i think you get my drift

Honestly, I think any board that invites mass numbers of youth to post on it is bound to be a cesspool of stupid, uninformed and unintelligible posts.  It's bad enough around here sometimes and most folks in these parts can at least be trusted in a room with a big red "do not press" button.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #30 on: March 20, 2005, 10:46:47 PM

God, I hate people that cry "SCAM!!" every time someone fucks up  within the economy.

"Oh My God!! I didn't bother to look and I got Ripped off, SCAM!!"

Tough Shit, pay attention next time.

The WoW boards are just about THE worst thing I have ever seen on teh intarweb. The argument about how English isn't the main language of the US is just sad.

"OMG, you can go to places in the Southwest and be screwed cause you don't know Spanish!!"

Yeah, ok. I've been there too, and ya know what? By and large, those kinds of neighborhoods are "poor" and made up of mostly "illegal aliens".

If it was up to me, some kind of functional use of English would be mandatory to living in this country, or using any kind of government functions.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #31 on: March 20, 2005, 10:54:41 PM

Yeah, ok. I've been there too, and ya know what? By and large, those kinds of neighborhoods are "poor" and made up of mostly "illegal aliens".

Not the best sentence I've ever seen on the board. But then, who am I to call someone politically incorrect.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #32 on: March 21, 2005, 12:38:35 AM

But then, who am I to call someone politically incorrect.

You're someone who understands how to read at least.

He's 3 for 3 on my scorecard. I wouldn't be all that hesitant to call it out.
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 21, 2005, 01:01:14 AM

Parts of that thread are correct, though: There is no federal "de jure" language in the United States. There are enclaves of French, Chinese, German, Dutch, Norwegian, what have you. The bastardized English you use is just a de facto common language.

But as a whole? That thread is scary. It's almost like you want to stop playing MMORPGs to rid yourself of the association with those people.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 21, 2005, 01:17:40 PM

It's almost like you want to stop playing MMORPGs to rid yourself of the association with those people.

I used to think that WoW was a public service to draw all the idiots out of other games.  Then I started an alt in CoH.  Turns out that Cryptic is doing their part to entertain massive multiplayer motherfucking mongrels with the low-end game.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Board thread of the day...  
Jump to: