Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:39:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Mobius Final Fantasy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mobius Final Fantasy  (Read 41508 times)
Druzil
Terracotta Army

on: August 05, 2016, 06:45:25 PM

Aka: Yet Another FF Mobile Game, this one is a mix of a Puzzle & Dragons/Rage of Bahamut style card game and Final Fantasy style combat.  So far this game is holding my attention much more than FF:BE.

You move around the map doing quests, each of which consists of a number of battles.  Each battle costs stamina but I've yet to see a stamina meter or run out or see any sort of "refills", not to say they aren't there but I haven't seen them.  You pick a job and build a deck for that job which determines your skills for the battle.  You can also bring along a friend or rental card to cover your deck/job's weakness.  The actual combat is pretty fun you tap on the screen to combo attacks as well as use abilities.  Each hit draws colored mana which you can use on abilities or use on different protection shields that also skew what colored mana you draw.  So it's basically a fun little tapping mana management game.

The card system is pretty standard.  Cards comes from draws which cost tickets (premium currency).  You also collect cards in battles and you feed the less powerful cards to the cards you want to build up.  There's a couple other deeper systems that I don't really understand yet.

The story seems like hot garbage so far, but the game play is fun enough to keep me going for now.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 06:49:35 AM

Started playing this on your recommendation; it's certainly better than BE or RK. My only concern is the graphics could make it quite a battery hog.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 12:10:09 PM

I haven't noticed significant battery usage like I do with Pokemon Go but I'll start paying attention and see how much I'm using.  It does do a significant amount of downloading and the patches are not small.

Also as a follow up, I found the stamina meter.  They give you so much bonus stamina at the start that I was at like 34(+54)/34 and so the bar never moved and for some reason I thought it was health.  I'm sure that might come into play if you power-game it or get further in the game.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 12:53:33 PM

I've just been sticking with one class so far; Onion Knight into Warrior. Any reason to switch between the 3 core jobs?

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 03:10:14 PM

I think it mostly depends on what good cards you have.  Each card has an icon in the corner sword/staff/daggers for onion knight/Mage/ranger.  You can equip cards for your class and seems like some off class cards but if you equip off class they don't scale with your stats.   Each class is missing some colors, so like onion knight I have not seen a blue card. 

So if the boss of the area is red and your using onion knight you have to hope you get a good friend card that's blue or you can switch to like Mage which has lots of blue cards.   Also if you were to draw a 4*+ blue card you might want to use it so a Mage deck might be better.  Seems like most of the early stuff is easy enough that most of it doesn't matter too much though.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 08:39:29 AM

I got enough summon tickets to summon a new job and got Knight; he's a little weaker than my Onion Warrior because he's Fire/Earth/Wind instead of Earth/Fire/Ice but he gets 4 attacks/turn instead of 3 so I'm working on powering him up instead. Cleared Chapter 1 and started working on Chapter 2.

My friend ID is 20e5 - 1235 - a737 if you want to add me.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 04:12:38 PM

Added

20ef-912c-afd0
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 04:19:56 PM

What did you have to fuse to get those skill boxes to light up?  All I can seem to level is the skill seeds.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 04:23:51 PM

It didn't happen through fusion, just sort of randomly after winning battles sometimes.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 08:42:03 PM

Added you.

I spent all my magicite on a 2nd Growstar, to get one of my 3*s up to 4*...but that also costs 200k gil and I only have 50k.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 07:21:39 AM

I really don't have a good feeling on what is good or bad yet.  It seems like the cards that only take 4 orbs are better than the ones that take 6 just because you can use them more often.  Also I read that there were 3 cards (Salamander, Succubus & ?) that were good starter cards because they came with their skill maxed out but can't be augmented later.   I bought 2 Salamanders & fused them and also fused some trash into him and it doesn't seem any more powerful than any other card I have.

I just started into the second area and tried switching to Ranger just to get Wind cards into my deck for all of the Earth bosses.  Not really sure it's worth it though so far.

Also I need to try spending the tablets to open up the other area just to see what that's about.  I'm guessing it's all for farming the Cactuar cards.  I've been trying to not spend too much currency until I understand the game more.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 11:33:18 AM

Yea the side area is for farming Cactuars, which can be used for either bonus money, bonus XP, or increased chance of gaining extra skillseeds. There's another side area that doesn't cost Stamina, doesn't earn XP, but gives you completion rewards.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 01:44:14 PM

From what little I've played of this so far, it feels really really shallow to me.  Am I missing something?  I'm tempted to just delete it and move on after one hourish play session.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 02:03:02 PM

I like the combat; you use the elemental attacks to weaken the guard meter, then regular attacks to actually break it. The elemental system in general is interesting because unlike say PAD you can only use 3 (of the 4) elements with any given class; I always make sure I have whatever the boss is and it's weakness (so I can burn orbs for defense and deal good damage). Even that's not always viable as there are enemies who swap between two elements, so at some point you either can't block an element or can't inflict bonus damage.

The class skill unlocks are a bit more depth than usually seen in games like this, which is something that tickles my fancy.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 05:58:53 PM

Cleared Chapter 2, which is the end of what's available currently. Beating it unlocks a repeatable Arena with 3 tiers of difficulty costing 12/24/36 stamina. The first was easy, second was a little rough so I'm going to wait on the third for a bit. Still can't clear the 2nd trial in the Chaos dimension either. All that's left is farming the random bosses that pop up around the map.

This will be what kills the game for me; they've got about a week to get in some new content before I wander off.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 07:53:19 AM

I like the combat; you use the elemental attacks to weaken the guard meter, then regular attacks to actually break it. The elemental system in general is interesting because unlike say PAD you can only use 3 (of the 4) elements with any given class; I always make sure I have whatever the boss is and it's weakness (so I can burn orbs for defense and deal good damage). Even that's not always viable as there are enemies who swap between two elements, so at some point you either can't block an element or can't inflict bonus damage.

The class skill unlocks are a bit more depth than usually seen in games like this, which is something that tickles my fancy.

Yep, I agree on all this which is why I like the game.  The combat is more interesting overall than other similar mobile games and the job system progression adds another layer to it.  Also these games tend to add more and more systems over time (see FF:RK).

I'm not done with Chapter 2 yet but I've made it through a good portion of it.  I also did some farming in the Cactuar area.  I think I'm figuring things out now.  It seems like some of the skills aren't farmable yet which means I'd have to spend ability tickets to level my guys up.  Not sure how rare ability tickets are going to be going forward.

As far as new content:
August 13th Pupu Attacks (event), Job cards Batch 2 (Dark Knight, Thief, Black Mage), Spirit Grove (event)
August 20th Adamanterrapin Terror (Battle Tower) + possibly some weekend event
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 08:40:00 AM

Cool; where'd you hear about the upcoming content?

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 09:01:34 AM

/r/MobiusFF

It's also on the Calendar banner at the bottom of the news page in game.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 08:46:32 AM

I figured there would be a thread for this game out there.  It's a very interesting design for a largely bland genre; I think they pulled it off.  That said, it's more difficult to get into than most normal time-waster mobiles.  Learning curve is fairly high.

Nice touch with the "walking the path" vibe and running into other players on it.  It has no real game mechanic associated with it, but it give the game a more visceral feel.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 12:21:01 PM

Annoyances after another week or so of this.

1) They need fix all the holes in the abilities.  They finally added a blue warrior ability but then I did a job pull and got Knight and now there are no green warrior abilities.  It's not fun to build up cards I know I wont really use in the long run.

2) On the tough bosses the pink orb RNG is real.   You need them and sometimes they just don't come.  Then some runs that's all you get.   You can skew all of the other colors in your favor, but not the pink.   Really sucks when you really need a heal and you wait like 5 turns and end up having to redo the encounter or blow a phoenix down.    Then the next try you get crazy pink orbs and it's fine.

3)  There's something about the cards that just aren't very interesting.   Maybe the card art is too small/bland or the abilities aren't different enough but they didn't make them feel overly interesting.  Most of the other games in this genre have really great card art. 

I'm still enjoying the game though, hopefully this next event is more interesting.

Tip:  Don't risk 90% ability upgrades on expensive cards, wait for the 100%.   I've failed on 90% twice on one of my cards and it really sucks since you get literally nothing out of it and it's not cheap.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 21, 2016, 07:48:25 AM

Yea, I pulled Thief and switched over and there are no red ranger abilities. I also agree that the cards aren't very interesting. If we saw the art when we used their ability that might be cool, or even if the abilities look demonstrably different instead of just "attack with some elemental particle effects."

The events so far have both been pretty bleh; I hope they aren't a sign of things to come.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 21, 2016, 02:09:14 PM

What even is the point of unlocking new jobs?  I somehow navigated their labyrinth of imaginary currencies and vouchers and unlocked the Mage job, but I had already unlocked a Mage job by filling out the Apprentice Mage skillcard.  Except this new Mage doesn't seem to have the abilities unlocked that my old mage card does, and also doesn't benefit from having the Apprentice unlocks either.  Why would I spend seeds to skill up the new one instead of just continuing to use the old mage?

The job system in general seems kind of weak.  They have different attack and defense stats and stuff, but none of that really matters because it's not like you're in a party where someone can tank for you, all that matters is if you can solo kill the enemy before they can kill you, and since any job can equip any card (at marginally different effectiveness) then there's not really that much difference in how they play.  Since the element weaknesses are symmetrical (A is weak to B and B is weak to A) then there's only really two jobs: the ones that are good at the fire/water half, and the ones that are good at the earth/wind half.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 21, 2016, 06:11:48 PM

The starting jobs (Apprentice Mage, Onion Knight, and whatever the Ranger is) are all garbage, long-term, compared to the drawn jobs. In particular I think all drawn jobs get 4 actions/turn while the starters get 3. You have to upgrade them from scratch, but they will be better in the long run. I believe the card-class-matching bonus is a percent so it becomes a bigger deal as you get higher levels.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 06:46:43 PM

Yeah go with the Mage you pulled for sure, the extra action makes a big difference.  I don't think the basic jobs get another action until the 4th panel.   Starting on the 3rd panel the squares start to cost a ton of seeds.  I pulled again and got Ranger, not sure if I'll use it yet or not.

I think the main draw on the different jobs (other than the colors) is they make your guy look cooler  awesome, for real

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 08:05:08 PM

As a thief, I'm not sure I agree with you.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 21, 2016, 08:57:44 PM

The starting jobs (Apprentice Mage, Onion Knight, and whatever the Ranger is) are all garbage, long-term, compared to the drawn jobs. In particular I think all drawn jobs get 4 actions/turn while the starters get 3.

I just checked, and that's not the case for me at least.  I skilled my "new" mage up and filled his first card (I hadn't realized his skill costs are way lower, though, thanks for pointing that out), and he still only has three attacks.  The old mage I have who "graduated" from apprentice mage has finished his second card and is now a white mage, and he has four attacks per round.  The old mage has higher stats, too.

They do get different gear unlocks which they can share with each other, though the lvl 3 sapling staff on my White Mage is better than the lvl 2 staff my new mage got, so not sure if that ever becomes worthwhile.

Visually, they look identical to me when I have my "old" mage switched over to his regular mage job (one up side to the old mage is that he can choose to be any of the mage classes he's unlocked, while the new one can only be a mage and can't change) and the skillseed costs for opening the new mage's second card look like they're about the same as the skillseed costs for opening up my old apprentice mage's card (except when I filled out the apprentice mage's second card I unlocked White Mage, and when I fill out White Mage's card it looks like I'll get Black Mage, while I don't see any class unlocks on the new mage's skillcards).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 09:08:22 PM by Kail »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 05:14:54 AM

If Mage is like Thief, you'll get a new job for completing the 4th card.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 06:14:30 AM

If they're gonna put Thief in the game they should at least give him green hair... or a Peacock Scarf.

Looks like pulled cards have some sort of scaling that the basics don't?  I'm having a hard time finding where they see that on the actual card though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4xpp5e/understanding_job_cards_and_what_summoned_job/

Edit for More info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4ww70j/are_pulled_jobs_actually_better_than_their/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 06:19:39 AM by Druzil »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 22, 2016, 07:31:16 PM

Blew some Magicite on Silver Openers and finished my third panel. Holy shit, the costs on the fourth panel are fucking nuts.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 23, 2016, 06:14:38 AM

That's a crazy amount of seeds.  I'm only like half way through panel 3, I haven't used any openers yet though.  I'm guessing future content will be dropping considerably more seeds especially since they will add panels 4-8 eventually.   I saved up 3000 magacite and bought the Mobius box.  Seems like a really good deal so far, you get a ton of stuff out of it up front and then more every day.

Finally made it to the top of grind mountain.  Seems to be nothing up here but a crystal and an ability ticket =/

What are you guys doing with your random trash cards?  At first I was trying to combine like cards and upgrade them all, but now I'm questioning the value of that and I'm thinking of just selling them all.  Basically I had to leave the event yesterday because I was full on cards and had no gold.   So I ran through the gold cactuar zone and made about 200k in the run.   Selling all those extra adamantoise helps as well now that I have a maxed out one.

I need to get a 4* fire card next (Ares maybe).   The Break stats on the 4* single hit cars is ridiculous compared to the 3* cards.   Getting a 4* Ares friend request takes the time from me beating one of these level 50 adamantoise down from like 3 minutes to 30 seconds.  My "super effective" green card takes a sliver off his armor and a 4* red card will take off over half the bar.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 07:32:25 AM

The openers are limited in what they will open; Bronze won't do more than 5k so there's no point to hoarding them.

There's apparently an infinite grind above the grind mountain, but with no summons or continues it's a huge PITA. So, I went back and cleared all the side areas in Chapter 2 that used to con red; doing that got me a handful of crystals. Now I'm working on the side area in Chapter 1 that requires you to do battles with all 3 job types.

I bought the box too, the 50% skillseeds alone is worth it on top of all the other items.

I've mostly been selling cards too, once I max out the skillseeds through fusion on the ones I'm using.

Can we buy 4* cards directly now? I thought we had to upgrade the 3*s.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 09:16:03 AM

Nah, you have to upgrade.   The hardest part seems to be leveling the ability.  So I need to decide if I should hoard ability tickets waiting on a green card or start on the red now.

I tried the infinite grind once and it was too hard.   If I had a strong green card it would be different but with a weak ass green card it's a no go.  5 minute battles all riding on my pink orb rotation.  I guess I could switch to ranger, but meh.  Not like I have the time to sink into the leader boards anyways.

Back to chapter 2 for me as well.   I thought I was almost done but things keeps opening up.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 23, 2016, 08:16:48 PM

I should probably save up for a box, I'm just spending everything on crystals and openers.  I bought another job and got Black Mage, which seems cool.

What are you guys doing with your random trash cards?  At first I was trying to combine like cards and upgrade them all, but now I'm questioning the value of that and I'm thinking of just selling them all.  Basically I had to leave the event yesterday because I was full on cards and had no gold.

I just sell everything I don't have currently equipped.  There's maybe three cards I could be using but am not currently (because of the whole "each job gets three elements, those elements switch when you get to tier 3+, but there are no cards to cover that new element" thing) and other than that it's not like there's any reason to ever equip a one or two star card, and even the three stars I don't use aren't likely to see action since my decks are all just 3 "do damage" cards plus Yuna.  I don't know what else there is to do with them, really, inventory space seems too limited to try to catch 'em all, and there's not really much point in using a one star skill when you have a three star in your pocket.  They don't even seem like good fodder for fusions unless you're not capped on skillseeds for the card.

Though I do like that the adamantoise is at least giving mages a three star earth card that I can grind up in a day, that's handy.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 23, 2016, 08:29:47 PM

The point of the 1*s is ability-upgrade fodder for the real cards, but the system is pretty complex. Find the 1* that has the Lesser version of your 3*/4*'s ability. Then, augment one of the 1*s to 2* then 3*; the 3* will lose the Lesser and thus be useful for ability upgrading. And once you've augmented one to 3*, they'll all drop as 3* from now on.

In the augment screen, it tells you what mats you need to upgrade each creature. If you hold down on those upgrade cards, it will tell you what drops them and you can farm accordingly. Wind ones are easy to get, Fire are from Chapter 3 so you can't farm those yet*, and I believe some of the Earth and Ice mats come from the arena. You can also get the augment mats from boss 51+ in the Adamanterrapin event.

*I think you can buy the Fire ones (well, all of them actually) with Magicite but I haven't done so yet because my main job can't use fire.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 06:47:54 AM

Screenshot from the top of the event leader board.   Mostly interesting since it shows what some of the top decks currently are.   Looks like eventually I may need to replace Yuna with Fat Chocobo.   Also quite a few people running a single color + 3 support build.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Mobius Final Fantasy  
Jump to: