Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 14, 2019, 07:14:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Useless TV 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless TV  (Read 37913 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: April 28, 2019, 08:18:22 AM

Goddammit.  For a service that relies more and more on original content, they sure have a fucking strange approach towards evaluating that content.  They are going to end up cannibalizing themselves.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: May 01, 2019, 07:04:05 AM

Finished the last episodes of Santa Clarita now, and fucking fuck.  I hope they lose a billion subs over this.  At some point they have to stop this crap, it isn't network television.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
schild
Administrator

Reply #247 on: May 16, 2019, 10:42:05 PM

Santa Clarita Diet season 3 is out, and so I went back to the beginning and started with S1 again.  I think this is one of the funniest shows around.

ends with a cliffhanger and has been canceled

Nooooooooooooooooooo.  You are fucking with me.

why would i do that
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: May 20, 2019, 02:27:41 AM

Because I would have preferred that over having SCD cancelled?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: May 30, 2019, 02:39:49 PM

I want Archer Season 10 and I don't get it.

I hate life.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: September 07, 2019, 03:14:26 PM

This Dark Crystal series is actually quite entertaining thus far.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: September 08, 2019, 03:33:34 AM

Was thinking about starting in on that, but I never saw the original stuff (probably because the family matriarchs were concerned about it being a conduit straight to Satan).  Is the original required viewing and/or does it remotely hold up?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: September 08, 2019, 05:37:03 AM

Prequel, so no not required (in fact, you could argue that it's better not to have...)

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: September 08, 2019, 05:59:37 AM

Cool, sold.  I am about to wrap up Handmaid’s Tale season 3 (which everyone should watch), so I will probably start this next.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: September 09, 2019, 12:48:24 PM

So this Dark Crystal stuff is surprisingly well done.  It took me a bit to get over the fact that am watching fucking muppets, but the quality here is indeed high.  Visually excellent,  Great voice work.  Great puppetry (muppetry?).  Both whimsical and dark.  Skeksis would have scared the shit out of the 10 year old version of me.  It all feels rather epic.  Also, I fucking love Hup already, and Podlings in general.

Oh, and under the assumption that this is mostly puppets and actual built set pieces, it puts a lie to the idea the CGI is better.  Whatever this is is better.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 12:51:01 PM by Cyrrex »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: September 09, 2019, 01:10:24 PM

Watch all the episodes.  Then when it automatically starts to play the making of, WATCH THAT TOO.

The effort put into this show is superhuman and it shows.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: September 09, 2019, 01:27:32 PM

Will do.  Even halfway through the first episode, I was wondering to myself how the fuck they managed 10 episodes.  Just the sets alone....

3 down, 7 to go.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: September 13, 2019, 01:56:00 PM

Damn.  Finished up the Dark Crystal, and also the ‘making of’ that followed it.  Just great.  If there is still a little kid inside you, you should watch this.  I have no idea how this prequel series flows into the movie (I haven’t seen it, but I for sure will no)....but I sure hope they make more of this.  Wonder if the economics are worth it, it looks like it was a huge undertaking.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #258 on: September 17, 2019, 07:12:57 PM

NBC announced a streaming service called Peacock (lol) headlined with a new Battlestar Galactica reboot by Sam Esmail (Mr Robot).
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: September 18, 2019, 12:03:40 AM

Huh.  Okay.  I'd be down for another BG.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Useless TV  
Jump to: