Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:47:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  (Read 125439 times)
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: February 17, 2017, 04:37:28 PM

The worst for me is Wiggs + Lando + Palpatine + (ST Han or Imp Guard). Jawa Engineer lets me alpha down one big threat consistently, but if either Lando or Palpatine survives long enough to get a taunt in front of them they can basically solo my team.

Alternately, replace one of the heavy hitters with Baze or Shore Trooper. Turn 0 taunt fucks me hard.

Fortunately I'm seeing a lot of Vader / Palp / Boba Fett teams popping up on my shard. It's a decent combo but not nearly so infuriating as the Rebel turn meter cheese.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: February 18, 2017, 12:18:10 PM

Fleets: I use Mace for capital, front row is Poe, Ahsoka, Biggs. Back row is Maul and Fett.

Primary enemies Ahsoka. Hit Biggs with Maces taunt, then hit him again with Mauls retaliation ability. He target locks every ship that attacks. Hit them with Mace and Fetts multi locked attacks. Profit.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #247 on: February 18, 2017, 01:57:20 PM

Latest cheese is Leia + Lando + Shoretrooper + BiggsWedge.  Lando needs to nerfed with that escalating special.  Shoretrooper taunt + Rez as a tank is bananas.

FWIW highest I've gotten in daily ladder is maybe 87 with a 82 squad of Jedi + Yoda.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: February 19, 2017, 10:57:18 PM

The Jedi squads are fun and can be pretty effective, but there are a few characters that just wreck them (see the aforementioned Darth Maul, and there are a couple others).  When I am doing PvP, I basically refresh until I find an opponent with at least 3 Jedi, no matter their combat power.

TheWalrus - dumb question, but "back row"?  Does it matter that they are in the back row?  I admit that I don't pay much attention to the ship stuff, other than to get through the dailies.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: February 20, 2017, 12:25:07 AM

Seems that the RNG doesn't give a shit, all ships like all toons are up for getting wrecked. That's merely my formation.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: March 05, 2017, 12:18:30 PM

Whole bunch of UI improvements this week.

Most notably you can set combat animation to 2x or 4x speed - making ships playable. Also everywhere you upgrade things you can just pick a level and it tells you the cost now.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: March 05, 2017, 09:56:33 PM

Yeah, those were some real nice quality-of-life updates.  I love the speed modifier.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: March 05, 2017, 10:10:43 PM

Very good .  Simple but nice improvements like daily challenges which advance to the next when you're done , so you can avoid scrolling.  Single tabbed store.  Also reduce daily duels from 3 to 2.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: March 08, 2017, 01:12:42 PM

Phoenix characters comin. So that's cool.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #254 on: March 08, 2017, 01:38:52 PM

Yeah, Chopper is the login reward for the month. I expect a really OP team the way some of the newest releases have been. Krennik + Death Trooper fills out my Empire team nicely. I've got almost a full 2nd Sith team now with the KOTOR2 characters.

Goddamn I wish I'd thought-through making a Scoundrel team earlier. My Fett, ST Han, Dengar, Chewie, Greedo team cleared the last credit heist today. I only hit the 2.5mil prize but when you've been struggling for money all year that's a fortune. I should actually be able to level-up all these characters soon.

If only purple gear came so abundantly.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: March 08, 2017, 08:59:38 PM

Seconded. I was gonna say if you can clear the 70 level, you can clear the 80. 80 feels easier to me, frankly. And I didn't make that many improvements. Odd.

Also ditto on the purple bullshit. Every character needing that lvl 5 fusion reactor isn't just a cock block, it's a glorious cock wall that kicks you in the cock if you get close enough. Paid for by the cocks. Jesus.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: March 08, 2017, 11:42:27 PM

Speaking of Sith, a team of Vader, Dooku, Palpatine & Maul lead by a 3 star Nihilus is what I am running with for a lot of things.  It is an amazingly fun and effective combination.  Nihilus makes the Sith teams very OP.  I had been struggling through GW for months with all the crazy OP teams towards the end nodes, but now I slice through them like hot butter.  And Nihilus has made Dooku crazy good.  Works well enough in PvP, too.

So if you been sitting on your sorry little 3 star Nihilus wondering what the fucking point of it was, believe me, there is a point.

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: March 09, 2017, 06:52:55 AM

Seconded. I was gonna say if you can clear the 70 level, you can clear the 80. 80 feels easier to me, frankly. And I didn't make that many improvements. Odd.

Also ditto on the purple bullshit. Every character needing that lvl 5 fusion reactor isn't just a cock block, it's a glorious cock wall that kicks you in the cock if you get close enough. Paid for by the cocks. Jesus.

Yeah, this is pretty infuriating... its made worse by the fact that over time I'm swimming in hundreds and hundreds of other purple top shelf items that no-one needs.  It's not that Rebel teams need x and Sith teams need y... every team needs the exact same items (more or less) as a gateway.  So even the trading post is a useless piece of shit... we all have the same trading needs and noone has a surplus.  I get it, cash shop needs to shop cash... but meh, there's not even a really viable slow road.  Its dangerously close to pissing people who *have* ponied some pennies up.

will have to test Nihilus a bit... my Empire/Sith team already cruises through GW, but maybe this will be a fun enhancement... would it work against Wiggs in the arena?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #258 on: March 09, 2017, 07:31:00 AM

It's not even the fusion reactor that's the problem it's that goddamn Mk3 Holo Projector salvage that is the component. It's used EVERYWHERE, not just the fusion reactor. It's one thing if the purple is a paywall item and I'm not whaling enough to get it. It's not, it's just an item that has a shitty low drop rate in very few places that needs to be given to EVERYONE. It's TERRIBLE fucking game design rather than money-grubbing design and that infuriates me even more.

For example, Chewie is sitting at VI because I only have 6 of the things and I need 20 to bump him up. However, I need 20 per character that needs to move up a level from VI on up. That means I need 600 to move my 30 characters at that point up one level. On average I get about 3 a day.  why so serious?

Speaking of Sith, a team of Vader, Dooku, Palpatine & Maul lead by a 3 star Nihilus is what I am running with for a lot of things.  It is an amazingly fun and effective combination.  Nihilus makes the Sith teams very OP.  I had been struggling through GW for months with all the crazy OP teams towards the end nodes, but now I slice through them like hot butter.  And Nihilus has made Dooku crazy good.  Works well enough in PvP, too.

So if you been sitting on your sorry little 3 star Nihilus wondering what the fucking point of it was, believe me, there is a point.

Really now. I may have to swap him out instead of my 5* Emperor and give him a shot then.

My default Sith team is Emperor lead, Vader, Maul, Dooku, Sidious. Dooku usually dies pretty quick but he's L72 and higher than Savage or the newer sith folks. I was going to dump him for the Sith Trooper since all the others provide nice debuffs to bump him up and he'll self-heal with his debuff main action.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #259 on: March 09, 2017, 09:20:18 AM

It's not even the fusion reactor that's the problem it's that goddamn Mk3 Holo Projector salvage that is the component. It's used EVERYWHERE, not just the fusion reactor. It's one thing if the purple is a paywall item and I'm not whaling enough to get it. It's not, it's just an item that has a shitty low drop rate in very few places that needs to be given to EVERYONE. It's TERRIBLE fucking game design rather than money-grubbing design and that infuriates me even more.

For example, Chewie is sitting at VI because I only have 6 of the things and I need 20 to bump him up. However, I need 20 per character that needs to move up a level from VI on up. That means I need 600 to move my 30 characters at that point up one level. On average I get about 3 a day.  why so serious?

Really now. I may have to swap him out instead of my 5* Emperor and give him a shot then.

My default Sith team is Emperor lead, Vader, Maul, Dooku, Sidious. Dooku usually dies pretty quick but he's L72 and higher than Savage or the newer sith folks. I was going to dump him for the Sith Trooper since all the others provide nice debuffs to bump him up and he'll self-heal with his debuff main action.

Dooku with Nih lead usually wins me in arena.  He is a quick slice machine!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: March 09, 2017, 10:47:26 PM

The thing that does it is that Nihilus turns your team's protection into health, and then you get crazy health steal bonuses as well.  What often happens when fighting a powerful team like a rebel team is they alpha strike me (if their speed is high enough) and maybe take out one or two of my team if I am unlucky.  But once that is past, it is showtime.  Dooku will get blasted, but then he counters and heals himself no problem.  He is almost unkillable once the alpha strikes are done.  Maul, Vader and Palpatine all have AOE attacks that will fully heal them as well. 

My three star Nihilus is a much better lead than my 7 star Palpatine.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: March 28, 2017, 03:59:23 PM

Zetad Qui Gon is absolute bullshit. That is all.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: March 28, 2017, 11:13:55 PM

Depends!  My Sith team utterly ruins Zeta QGJ teams.

Zeta Vader or Zeta Maul on the other hand...

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: March 29, 2017, 12:22:40 AM

If you have no zeta material period, let alone a character with a finished skill, and guys in your main squad don't even have all their mods leveled up, yeah, they blow. :D

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #264 on: March 29, 2017, 05:42:19 AM

Zeta materials.. I'm still working on Omega materials.  awesome, for real

Hell, I have yet to get a group to gear IX. That slog to grind the holos is brutal. Most are stuck at VIII if not VII because of those damn things.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: March 29, 2017, 08:15:06 AM

I hadn't been paying close enough attention to the path to Zeta mats, so I kinda screwed my self a little.  Need fucking Dark Side ships for that bullshit, unless you just save up the 2000 to buy them one at a time.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: April 03, 2017, 03:14:08 PM

Don't forget to pick up your free Bodhi.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #267 on: April 03, 2017, 03:26:13 PM

What. Where and how?  

Ed: never mind that notice wasn't there when I logged in earlier. Woo.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:28:12 PM by Merusk »

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: April 03, 2017, 04:41:54 PM

He looks to be pretty effective in an anti tank crew. Find out after I level him.

Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: April 03, 2017, 08:24:17 PM

I hadn't been paying close enough attention to the path to Zeta mats, so I kinda screwed my self a little.  Need fucking Dark Side ships for that bullshit, unless you just save up the 2000 to buy them one at a time.

Which takes months.  2000 = 1.  800/day for nothing.  10-16 seats for best skills.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: April 03, 2017, 09:58:24 PM

Which takes months.  2000 = 1.  800/day for nothing.  10-16 seats for best skills.

I mean, I am doing alright without it for now, so I won't stress too much.  I hover around 120 in PvP rank, and occasionally finish the day below 100.  And GW is easy mode with the Nihilus team.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: April 04, 2017, 08:54:26 AM

Whats your pvp squad?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: April 04, 2017, 11:39:49 AM

Nihilus lead, then Maul, Vader Dooku and Palpatine....about 42500 power, because Nihilus is only 4 star.   Pretty good for PvP and utterly amazing for GW.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: April 04, 2017, 12:17:07 PM

If I may continue to harass, what gear levels, and do you have a standard mod or do you tailor for character?

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: April 04, 2017, 12:17:52 PM

Only ask because a Wiggs team wrecks my sith crew. Badly.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #275 on: April 04, 2017, 12:33:13 PM

And GW is easy mode with the Nihilus team.
Auto-attack Basic health steal FTW!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: April 04, 2017, 10:23:04 PM

If I may continue to harass, what gear levels, and do you have a standard mod or do you tailor for character?

Nihilus is Level 10 for gear.  All health mods.  I try to go for speed bonuses for all characters, Nihilus is at 138 total.  His damage is just okay, he is mostly here for the Lead abilities.
Vader is Level 10.  All health mods.  Speed is 154.  He is very durable, and putting the DoTs on and doing his saber toss thing occasionally makes the difference.
Maul is Level 11.  4 health mods, two defense mods (simply because they have good speed bonuses on them).  Speed is 143.  If he survives until his first turn, that usually means I win.  Crazy damage and full heal.
Palpatine is Level 10.  4 health mods, two defense mods (same as above).  Speed is 160.  His damage is great, and that means the heal is great as well.  If he gets the AOE stun off on the first turn, game over.
Dooku is Level 11.  4 health mods, two Crit chance mods (which is a waste, because they cannot crit with Nihilus...but speed bonuses again).  Speed is 196.  Freaking energizer bunny.  Can only be killed if he has a shock or stun on him that prevents him from countering or health stealing, or sometimes the cheesy rebel strikes where he gets hit a billion times before he gets to counter.  He is insanely good when paired with Nihilus, at least once you gear him up.

It is still an iffy proposition going up against Wiggs teams, because on top of being OP, they also tend to be very fast and get in a lot of turns in the beginning.  Usually what happens is they go nuts with alpha strikes on my guys, and depending on the RNG I sometimes will get wiped before I even really get started.  If I do make it past the first onslaught and have at least most of my team intact, I almost always win.

This team also destroys all Jedi and Droid teams (even Zeta Qui Gon is no trouble at all).  The droid teams will get in good alpha attacks, but then I basically always end up winning anyway.  Other Sith/Empire teams can be tricky, depending on their makeup.

Ultimately, this team is just fun to play.  A Wiggs team is probably better for PvP, but fuck that.  And again, GW is a blast with a Nihilus team, I only struggle with 50k+ insane teams (and usually not even then), and even then I always have many squads in reserve to finish them off.  I usually go through GW with just this team, without losing one character.  No doubt at all that this is the best GW team.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: April 04, 2017, 10:44:22 PM

I should probably add that I play for fun, not to min/max or get the highest rankings.  I have never put a cent into this game and likely never will. 

Also thinking about swapping out Vader and putting in Sidious in the above mix for a lot more speed.  But at gear level 9, Sidious seems too squishy yet and I am not sure he is adding enough.  I like Vader, but it seems too often in PvP that he doesn't get his saber toss off in ideal conditions.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: April 05, 2017, 03:15:07 PM

Oh for sure, I'm always playing catch up, and I've used your team setups before with good success, so I thought I'd copy again. :D

Where the fuzzy hell do you get all your lvl 5 fusion reactors? That fuckin thing is holding up almost every character I've got.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #279 on: April 05, 2017, 03:34:34 PM

I use a similar team, upper 60's.  I easily stay in top 50.

Nih, dooku, vader,  darth sid, and opress.

I am now getting nih shards from shipments which is awesome.  All my gems are for it now!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  
Jump to: