Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:48:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2016 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2016  (Read 138689 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #455 on: March 09, 2017, 04:46:46 PM

Off season news... The Browns are the leading story today!!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18865828/making-sense-unprecedented-brock-osweiler-trade-nfl

Essentially they bought a 2nd round pick next year for $16mil. At first I really thought they traded for Brock Lobster, but looking at it now... they basically gamed the system to actually buy a draft pick and use some of that cap room that they have to spend and no one really to spend it on.

I am ok with this... if nothing else than the idea the Browns are making headlines.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: March 09, 2017, 05:03:34 PM

They are trying different things and it's a new wrinkle in the NFL: the cap space for draft picks trade.

Also the Redskins have taken over as the dumpster fire of the NFL. Wtf is going on down there?!

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #457 on: March 09, 2017, 07:05:08 PM

The Redskins are just suffering from Dan Snyder having recently read "The Art of the Deal." In Cliff Notes form.

Meanwhile, the Browns get Brock Lobster? And Houston has no one if they don't get Romo?

THE FUCK?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #458 on: March 10, 2017, 08:43:17 AM

And now apparently Dallas didn't release Romo like everyone thought they would, mainly because Houston just shot themselves in the face by trading away Osweiller. I realize they didn't lose much by trading him, but by doing it before Romo was a free agent, it gave the Cowboys trade leverage they wouldn't have had before. It's not even clear Romo would go there as opposed to Denver anyway, since Denver is, IMO, a better destination. Sure, Romo would get to play in the shittiest division in football but there's still no guarantee Houston is just a QB away from actually being considered a contender.

Also, the Eagles get both Torrey Smith and Alshon Jeffrey, which immediately makes the NFC East more competitive. Wentz really struggled in the second half when the Eagles basically had cardboard cutouts at wide receiver. Either of those guys are an upgrade, both is a good tandem.

The Redskins fired their GM who they basically sidelined before the combine anyway. And now Kirk Cousins has told them he wants a trade. The Racial Slurs are really trying to outBrowns the Browns.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #459 on: March 10, 2017, 09:15:02 AM

It's been an interesting few days here in DC.  Jordan Reed is going to lead the NFL in receiving yards next year if he doesn't break in half.
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: March 10, 2017, 09:19:40 AM

And now apparently Dallas didn't release Romo like everyone thought they would, mainly because Houston just shot themselves in the face by trading away Osweiller. I realize they didn't lose much by trading him, but by doing it before Romo was a free agent, it gave the Cowboys trade leverage they wouldn't have had before. It's not even clear Romo would go there as opposed to Denver anyway, since Denver is, IMO, a better destination. Sure, Romo would get to play in the shittiest division in football but there's still no guarantee Houston is just a QB away from actually being considered a contender.

Also, the Eagles get both Torrey Smith and Alshon Jeffrey, which immediately makes the NFC East more competitive. Wentz really struggled in the second half when the Eagles basically had cardboard cutouts at wide receiver. Either of those guys are an upgrade, both is a good tandem.

The Redskins fired their GM who they basically sidelined before the combine anyway. And now Kirk Cousins has told them he wants a trade. The Racial Slurs are really trying to outBrowns the Browns.

We are fine with vacating the title of shittiest NFL entity.

In other news of the Browns kind, we just secured Zeitler from Cincinnati and Tretter from GB. Given our previous OL, this is miles above where we were.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #461 on: March 10, 2017, 09:41:58 AM

Tretter has yet to play a full season for the Packers and still got 3 years and almost $17 million. He's decent when healthy and I'm sure he's better than the turnstiles they had last year but damn. Guards are the new corners.

Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: March 10, 2017, 10:11:59 AM

Tretter has yet to play a full season for the Packers and still got 3 years and almost $17 million. He's decent when healthy and I'm sure he's better than the turnstiles they had last year but damn. Guards are the new corners.

No one should have to suffer through another year of Erving at center...or anywhere else on the line.

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: March 10, 2017, 11:00:34 AM

Shouldn't all of that already be in a new thread as the new NFL season technically started yesterday?

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: March 10, 2017, 11:10:22 AM

Shouldn't all of that already be in a new thread as the new NFL season technically started yesterday?

Meh... I don't consider it started till the draft, but technically you are right

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: March 10, 2017, 12:50:22 PM

Found this quote on another forum:

The browns are jawas. Small, brown and always trading for junk
Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? why so serious?
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: March 10, 2017, 03:21:30 PM

Found this quote on another forum:

The browns are jawas. Small, brown and always trading for junk
Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? why so serious?

Fuck you. Our new QB is 6'8"!!   why so serious?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2016  
Jump to: