Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 03:04:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2016 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2016  (Read 141348 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: September 12, 2016, 09:58:23 AM

I thought the defensive line of the giants did well against a really good oline.

Love paelos' commentary on the giants new HC. Lol

How do you continue to get lucky when you lose 5 games in the last two minutes? We finally get some luck.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:01:12 AM by Draegan »
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #176 on: September 12, 2016, 01:13:57 PM

You won two Super Bowls with Eli Manning, one of them against an undefeated Belichick. If that doesn't mean you had a horseshoe up your ass, I don't know what does. Also a great defense. Eli's the only guy in the universe with two Super Bowl rings, and everyone still goes, "Yeeeeeeeeah, but elite we're not sure."

Also, did anybody go, ALRIGHT WE GOT BEN MCADOO! Party down!

Bear in mind, the Giants will win this clusterfuck of a division because my Cowboys are dumb and are training a QB on the job, Philly will crater at some point when they aren't playing the Browns, and Washington's schedule is freaking brutal after they get to mid-October.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #177 on: September 12, 2016, 01:47:52 PM

Speaking of my Browns...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rg3-placed-on-injured-reserved-after-hurting-shoulder-in-browns-opener/

RG3 placed on injured reserved after hurting shoulder in Browns' opener

Welp, that didn't take as long as I thought.   swamp poop

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #178 on: September 12, 2016, 01:56:13 PM

He made it further than Romo.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: September 12, 2016, 02:08:48 PM

I think everyone is giving Cam too much sympathy. He was running right through the defense in the 1st half. All the hits to the head he took were while he was threatening to run and already well out of the pocket. If you leave the pocket, you are going to get hit and get less protection from the refs.

Holy fuck this comment is so fucking retarded I'm thinking it's sarcasm. Outside of the fact that it's plain fucking wrong, a defensive player leaving his feet to target another player's head is FUCKING illegal and dangerous no matter where they are.

But hey, keep thinking that way, the NFL is depending on it.

You can tackle cam without launching yourself head first into his helmet. That would be an illegal blow to a running back let alone a qb.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #180 on: September 12, 2016, 04:58:57 PM

I saw the play RG3 got hurt on. Holy fuck. It's been what 5 years now and not one goddamn coach has been able to drill into this dumb motherfucker's head how to NOT GET HIT? I mean, Jesus Christ, does he think he's a running back? A reincarnated Ironhead Heyward? Just a fucking total waste of talent.

Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: September 12, 2016, 05:25:20 PM

I saw the play RG3 got hurt on. Holy fuck. It's been what 5 years now and not one goddamn coach has been able to drill into this dumb motherfucker's head how to NOT GET HIT? I mean, Jesus Christ, does he think he's a running back? A reincarnated Ironhead Heyward? Just a fucking total waste of talent.

Funny part is he was sliding and going out of bounds all preseason. Oh well.. The RGIII experiment is at least over in Cleveland. One game... lol.

/cry

Hilarious:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 06:28:23 PM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #182 on: September 13, 2016, 08:44:52 AM

So I sort of watched both games last night i.e. I had the TV on while I played Hex. Pittsburgh's offense looked as good as ever, and Washington's looked as shitty as I expected. The bloom may be off Kirk Cousins or he just may be one of those QB's who runs hot and cold often.

As for the San Fran/LA Rams game... wow. The Rams are fucking terrible. Their defense made Blaine Gabbert look competent and their offense wasn't even on the field. Steve Young sounded offended at the playcalling, which seemed to amount to "run Todd Gurley up the middle for little gain, run Todd Gurley outside for negative yards, throw a shitty bubble screen that loses 5 yards or throw a quick 5 and out to the sidelines and hope for a missed tackle." I realize Case Keenum is the literal equivalent of a bollard with an automated ball tosser, but goddamn. Tavon Austin has jets, send him deep and see if he can catch the ball (hint: he cannot). This team is going to be fucking bad this year. REALLY REALLY BAD. Expect Jared Goff's impending death due to being trampled by game 8.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #183 on: September 13, 2016, 01:08:59 PM

The Rams are a joke and their coach is the biggest fraud in the NFL.

WayAbvPar

Reply #184 on: September 13, 2016, 01:31:47 PM

He was right- he is not going fucking 7 and 9 this season! More like 3-13. Unfortunately they will beat the Seahawks on Sunday because they always do.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: September 13, 2016, 03:42:51 PM

Hey, now. If we can get the rest of the team to carry a limping, shitty tossing Wilson again, we'll be fine.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: September 13, 2016, 10:26:29 PM

Yeah, I was just going to say to wait until next week when they inexplicably pound the Seahawks.  Or at least make a good showing of it.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: September 14, 2016, 01:06:23 PM

Hawks have a better shot at the Rams this season. One of the big problems that they have faced is that going east is super hard and Carroll is super dumb about going early*. But LA is a lot closer than St. Louis and more importantly in the same time zone.

*Its almost certainly a large contribution to why they lost to the Panthers in the playoffs last year.
WayAbvPar

Reply #188 on: September 18, 2016, 09:56:04 AM

LA is a terrible matchup for the Seahawks. Their best unit (DL) vs our worst unit (OL). Add in a gimpy QB used to being mobile and it is a recipe for disaster. If Rawls/Michael somehow get going then Seattle has a chance...The Rams aren't going to score much on offense. LOL Case Keenum.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #189 on: September 18, 2016, 04:44:38 PM

So I was joking how Edelman was going to be the backup QB for the NE backup QB who is a backup for the backup.

Turn out, Edelman might legitimately be the backup QB.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: September 18, 2016, 06:20:25 PM

If only we had another QB who could take over in a cpl of weeks.  why so serious? why so serious? why so serious? why so serious? why so serious?

*pray for the browns*

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: September 18, 2016, 07:20:13 PM

If only we had another QB who could take over in a cpl of weeks.  why so serious? why so serious? why so serious? why so serious? why so serious?

*pray for the browns*

Ohhhhh, I see.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #192 on: September 18, 2016, 07:57:39 PM

Is it Green Bay's O-line or the coaching that is terrible?
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: September 18, 2016, 10:17:40 PM

I think their offense is too predictable. Vikings defense is pretty good again this year too.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: September 18, 2016, 10:32:16 PM

Looks like the Hawks are gonna have a shitty start. Another year where we stand in EC shouting, "WTB an Oline." Oh well. See sig.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: September 19, 2016, 12:32:56 AM

Yeah, remember that one time that Seattle had a really shitty start only for them to turn it around somehow after week six?  Seems like that is the manuscript for every year.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
WayAbvPar

Reply #196 on: September 19, 2016, 08:42:17 AM

McCarthy is easily the most overrated coach in the league. He is a godawful game manager, and probably would have been fired several times if GB had an actual human owner.

Also- I wish I wasn't so dead right about the Seahawks. Holy shit is their offensive line a fucking mess. You could get as much protection from a potted plant at LT, with the bonus that the plant wouldn't forget the fucking snap count or hold anyone.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 08:43:54 AM by WayAbvPar »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #197 on: September 19, 2016, 09:14:39 AM

So yeah, Green Bay's problem? It starts at the top and filters all the way down.

First off, Ted Thompson has fallen in love with the idea that you can win a championship with 2-3 HOF players and a bunch of spare parts who might be ACTUAL Meat Packers as opposed to football players. He stubbornly refuses to sign free agents unless they are world class (Julius Peppers) and probably 2-3 years from retirement. Then he fills in important positions with rookies who probably wouldn't make the practice squad otherwise. Our cornerbacks are shit - they are too young and inexperienced to really grasp defensive schemes and are still learning routes but don't worry. By the time the good ones are worth playing, he'll let them go to other teams as free agents so he can draft another set of barely competent athletes. There can only ever be one really good corner and he'll likely be hurt 25% of the time chasing after the guys his shitty teammates let past. Also, way to let your Pro Bowl offensive lineman go a week before the fucking season starts. He wouldn't possibly sign with a division rival or anything.

McCarthy is a whole other story though. I do not know what the fuck has changed, but he apparently has 3 receiving routes he will use on 90% of the plays. Defenses know EXACTLY what routes are going to be run and where the ball is going to be thrown. Half of our goddamn offense last night was pass interference calls. The interception that sealed the game came on the exact same goddamn route that that same cornerback had committed like 3 PI calls on, only this time he actually knew the exact route and he jumped it. Our receivers aren't getting any separation either because they aren't fast enough or the defense knows where they are going. Completions are happening in spite of the route running not because of it. You can tell Rodgers is frustrated as fuck. Also, Devonte Adams's hands are made of literal bricks. Fuck him. McCarthy apparently refuses to run slant routes more than twice per game, you know, the routes we ran the fuck out of when they won the Super Bowl.

FUCK DOM CAPERS. SUPERFUCK him. Dear God, I live in fear of offenses figuring out the one route/runner/player that Capers did not game plan, because they will fuck that hole until it's dry. Last night it was Diggs on a 10-yard curl/slant. Randall, our "BEST" corner (only because Sam Shields is hurt) could not cover Diggs on that route. Capers, who plays with blinders on I swear, did not adjust to give that fucktard Randall any help and so SAM GODDAMN BRADFORD absolutely skullfucked us with that route, despite a pretty good pass rush. Hey Capers. A pass rush does not make up for cornerbacks who cannot cover nor a scheme that won't double team a guy who is eating our lunch.

The Pack will make the playoffs and shit the bed in the 2nd game. I think we may have seen the last Rodgers Super Bowl because this team is not getting back there like this. Rodgers has 3-5 good years left in him but the decline has begun.

Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: September 19, 2016, 09:17:25 AM

McCarthy is easily the most overrated coach in the league. He is a godawful game manager, and probably would have been fired several times if GB had an actual human owner.

Also- I wish I wasn't so dead right about the Seahawks. Holy shit is their offensive line a fucking mess. You could get as much protection from a potted plant at LT, with the bonus that the plant wouldn't forget the fucking snap count or hold anyone.

Aww how cute... a good team is having troubles on the O-line. Meanwhile my Browns have no legitimate center at all now that Erving almost died and they gave away Mack without a fight. At least Nassib only has his hand injured which I'm hoping is just a club cast... about the only person left is Bitonio, him and Thomas is still serviceable. At this rate, we'll have Barnage in as right tackle.

Also, next week we'll be starting QB #3 for game #3 as McCown will be out for weeks. We can't even tank a season properly... that said, the first quarter yesterday was about the best the Browns have been in years... until God noticed and took corrective action.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: September 19, 2016, 09:35:46 AM

You knows it's the Cavs fault right?  why so serious?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #200 on: September 19, 2016, 09:37:54 AM

I'm always happy when a Fitzpatrick-led team beats the Bills. My buddy is a die-hard Bills fan and I feel he was a great QB, he thinks Fitz sucks. He refuses to believe it's the consistently shitty Bills Offensive line or receiving core. Meanwhile, a mediocre line and a couple decent receivers and Fitz looks to bust 400 with bombs landing all over the field (albeit against Buffalo).

Also quite happy that the Kid is setting up Brady season quite nicely.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #201 on: September 19, 2016, 09:45:26 AM

Fitz is a human turnover machine.

Which is still better than the Jets HAD with Butt Fumble but... yeah.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #202 on: September 19, 2016, 12:04:32 PM

he apparently has 3 receiving routes he will use on 90% of the plays

Ok. This is what I was noticing. Other teams are doing much better passing the ball even with 3rd string QBs and shoestring O-Lines.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #203 on: September 19, 2016, 12:45:38 PM

Fitz is a human turnover machine.
That's what he says, too. I just feel he does it in a coachable way and is worth the investment for a franchise back.

Wish he'd landed in New England to study with Brady, honestly.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #204 on: September 20, 2016, 09:04:01 AM

So apparently Carson Wentz is actually a good QB, at least on early returns. Now, granted he was playing against the Browns and the Bears but the Bears' defense is actually improved over last year. To be sure, they had an actual pass rush last night and Wentz handled it like a champ. He took a ton of shots (because the Eagles O line is kind of shitty) some of them really hard, and he didn't flinch. He needs to learn how to goddamn slide when he scrambles with the ball (what the fuck are college coaches teaching these days?) or he'll be another RGIII. All that said, the kid has a cannon for an arm, is really poised under pressure and he's accurate. He made one throw across the middle into triple coverage that from the sideline view looked like a terrible decision. However, when you saw it from the spider cam behind his helmet, you saw that he threw the ball in the one perfect exact spot for the receiver to make the catch, far enough away from the defenders to make them unable to make a play on the ball.

Cleveland looks really fucking stupid now. Well, not that that's anything new, so now is pretty much always. Still...

Meanwhile, Jay Cutler gave us all Prime Cutlets last night, turning the ball over as usual and also getting himself hurt.

I think the Eagles win this division in a walk as they appear to be the least flawed team in it.

Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: September 20, 2016, 01:24:24 PM

So apparently Carson Wentz is actually a good QB, at least on early returns. Now, granted he was playing against the Browns and the Bears but the Bears' defense is actually improved over last year. To be sure, they had an actual pass rush last night and Wentz handled it like a champ. He took a ton of shots (because the Eagles O line is kind of shitty) some of them really hard, and he didn't flinch. He needs to learn how to goddamn slide when he scrambles with the ball (what the fuck are college coaches teaching these days?) or he'll be another RGIII. All that said, the kid has a cannon for an arm, is really poised under pressure and he's accurate. He made one throw across the middle into triple coverage that from the sideline view looked like a terrible decision. However, when you saw it from the spider cam behind his helmet, you saw that he threw the ball in the one perfect exact spot for the receiver to make the catch, far enough away from the defenders to make them unable to make a play on the ball.

Cleveland looks really fucking stupid now. Well, not that that's anything new, so now is pretty much always. Still...

Meanwhile, Jay Cutler gave us all Prime Cutlets last night, turning the ball over as usual and also getting himself hurt.

I think the Eagles win this division in a walk as they appear to be the least flawed team in it.

Told my buddy I agreed with the talking heads, Wentz is going to develop into a Big Ben type QB. When the Browns passed on him, I didn't think it that bad an idea given that any QB is going to die with our offensive line (stress on OFFENSIVE). But holy shit what happened to Erving between now and college? I don't even have the words to describe how stupid it was letting Mack go. But here we are, in for a long 1-15 season.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #206 on: September 20, 2016, 01:55:02 PM

You think Cleveland's going to win a game?  why so serious?

Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: September 20, 2016, 02:34:24 PM

You think Cleveland's going to win a game?  why so serious?

They always do... usually the game they are supposed to lose, so maybe the Patriots.  ACK!

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: September 20, 2016, 08:37:03 PM

I was secretly hoping that Jimmy G would tear it up for 4 games, Brady would come back against CLE and stink just so local sports radio would absolutely lose it's mind. Would've been fantastic.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #209 on: September 21, 2016, 06:21:03 AM

Looks like the Hawks are gonna have a shitty start. Another year where we stand in EC shouting, "WTB an Oline." Oh well. See sig.

I won't declare them dead early on this year but I will say I don't like their chances as much this year as previous years because:

I've said before I don't know what kind of QB he really is yet because I think he's been the beneficiary of a great defense and running game with a solvable cap number. That's gone as of next season. His cap is now $18M, and that will force Seattle to actually do what the rest of the league does and adjust. We'll find out what he's worth in 2016.

My question then and even now is can Wilson be an effective QB when he's treated like every other bigtime highly paid QB in the country, and the surround cap challenges that entails.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2016  
Jump to: