Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:27:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2016 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2016  (Read 139524 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #105 on: April 25, 2016, 11:02:34 AM

Great, so they have confirmed that Goodell has the authority to issue any punishments for any offense. I think the next CBA meetings are going to end in another strike after this.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
WayAbvPar

Reply #106 on: April 25, 2016, 12:03:00 PM

As always, suck it Brady, suck it Belichick, and suck it Masshole Pats fans.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #107 on: April 25, 2016, 06:10:20 PM

Great, so they have confirmed that Goodell has the authority to issue any punishments for any offense. I think the next CBA meetings are going to end in another strike after this.

While I am utterly ecstatic that Brady is getting the shaft, yeah, the next CBA is going to be a fucking bloodbath. If Goodell is still commish then, it's guaranteed we'll have a strike. The player's union/NFLPA really fucked itself so hard with this last CBA.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #108 on: April 26, 2016, 06:22:59 AM

If they don't strike they are stupid. The NFL careers are the shortest and compared to the NBA and the MLB their salary comparisons per year are a fucking joke. Whoever ran the players union before should be publicly flogged, and they should hire the MLB guys for all their further negotiations.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: April 26, 2016, 12:32:55 PM

I think they do ok. I could be wrong though.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #110 on: April 26, 2016, 01:18:43 PM

If they don't strike they are stupid. The NFL careers are the shortest and compared to the NBA and the MLB their salary comparisons per year are a fucking joke. Whoever ran the players union before should be publicly flogged, and they should hire the MLB guys for all their further negotiations.

They play a lot more games per season in the NBA and MLB though.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #111 on: April 26, 2016, 01:32:48 PM

Indeed they do. But the NFL still makes more money than them. And the player careers as I said are shorter. Along with the problems of lifetime injuries that are much worse in the NFL than in NBA or MLB.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #112 on: April 26, 2016, 05:18:04 PM

I don't know that the best way to offset the health issues is by giving players a bigger salary though (not that I think you're advocating that as the only solution).
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #113 on: April 27, 2016, 06:32:40 AM

Not just salaries, no. The way to combat it is to have it set in the CBA that retirement benefits are better, and that there should be better care for players for longer after they get out of the league.

Also, they need to address the discipline issues, and the fact that the NFL wants to go to an 18 game schedule while also putting a team overseas. They need to address the arbitrary increases in the salary cap, and put in a standard cap increase that is a higher percentage of the overall revenue which includes the merchandising and advertising. They also need to push for bigger rosters to go along with that higher cap. Injuries and the concussion protocols are becoming such a big issue that carrying 53 guys simple isn't enough. I'd give up some on the league minimum to raise the roster limits and employ more players.

I think players would be willing to play the extra 2 real games if you shortened the preseason to 2 games, and fans would like it too, along with compensation levels for them. I'd want as a player to have better protocols on injuries that require third party doctors instead of team employed doctors, and I would also want checks and balances on the team doctor ability to provide drugs. There are too many players who get dangerous levels of painkillers because they are pressured by the job, and end up addicted.

I'd want a separate policy for marijuana drug tests, and lower penalties outside the normal substance policy for marijuana related offenses. It's moving that way in the courts and it should move that way in the league. Along with the fact that I think many players use it for pain killing purposes which I'd prefer over them using addictive pills.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #114 on: April 27, 2016, 01:02:03 PM

Sam Bradford demands a trade - Eagles might be asking for more than a 2nd rounder for him

First off, BWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at Bradford thinking he's good enough to demand a trade AND demand where he can be traded. He's apparently already vetoed any sort of move to the Jets or any team coached by Chip Kelly.

Second and even funnier is that Philly apparently wants and thinks they can get more than just a 2nd round pick for Sam Bradford. A guy who defined the word "mediocre" and "meh" in what should have in theory been a high-powered offense last year, and has never played 16 games in a season. Immediately shitcanning 2 of the teams that would likely overpay/overtrade for a mediocre QB is just ludicrous.

This should be a hilariously fun few weeks.

WayAbvPar

Reply #115 on: April 27, 2016, 01:12:10 PM

You can't blame the guy for trying to avoid Chip Kelly or the Jets. He shouldn't (and probably doesn't) have that kind of leverage, but his instincts are definitely on point  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #116 on: April 27, 2016, 01:14:03 PM

Did he actually think he was the "future" of the team when he signed that deal?  That was babysitting money. One year of pretending you still have the job and one year of clipboard/garbage duty.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #117 on: April 27, 2016, 01:43:54 PM

Did he actually think he was the "future" of the team when he signed that deal?  That was babysitting money. One year of pretending you still have the job and one year of clipboard/garbage duty.

He's part of the last generation of pro-rookie-scale QBs that were handed gobs of money for nothing, so yes, he did think that. He's believed ever since Oklahoma that his entitled ass is an elite player. But who is Sam Bradford really? Let's take a look.

For the sake of argument let's just throw out the ENTIRE season he missed in 2014, and the fact he only started 7 games in 2013, and only 10 games in 2011. I mean if we can get past the fact he's played exactly 2 full seasons in his life? Get past that part?

Well the numbers still suck. He's an 81 passer rating QB with 6.1 yards per attempt on his career and a TD/INT rate of 78-52. The dude's thrown FIFTY TWO picks in 63 games. He's a turnover machine on top of being blah average throwing it.

You know where those numbers would have landed him last year? Yeah he was between Brock Osweiler and Blaine Gabbert in passer rating. Woopdefuckingdoo my man.

You signed a 6 year $76M deal and have done jack shit.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: April 27, 2016, 02:43:31 PM

Where do I sign?

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: April 29, 2016, 09:19:15 AM

The Browns are cleaning up on draft picks this year and next. That will be the only good news out of Cleveland till 2020 though.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
WayAbvPar

Reply #120 on: April 29, 2016, 09:35:15 AM

Pretty happy with day 1 for Seattle. Moved down a few spots, still got an OL they so desperately need, picked up a couple of extra picks for day 2, and cockblocked Arizona on Paxton Lynch. Good times.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #121 on: April 29, 2016, 10:29:35 AM

Bradford should just shut up and count his money. He has been paid $65 million so far in his career for doing very little.

I have never played WoW.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #122 on: May 18, 2016, 01:33:41 PM

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #123 on: May 18, 2016, 01:34:39 PM

I should work for ESPN since I made essentially the same post about a month ago here.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: May 23, 2016, 05:55:57 PM

Even congress says the NFL are a bunch of lying shits.

But hey Brady got 4 games so who cares.. why so serious?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #125 on: May 23, 2016, 07:22:21 PM

I've come down on the side of agreeing with the Deflategate haters, but I still want to see Brady serve the 4-games. Because fuck Brady.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #126 on: May 23, 2016, 09:19:43 PM

You know they'll still go 2 for 2 at worst, right?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #127 on: May 24, 2016, 07:43:16 AM

2 losses is better than none.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #128 on: May 24, 2016, 10:34:15 AM

They're going 0fer.

Unless they cheat.

Ok 2 for 2, you were right.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: May 24, 2016, 12:54:25 PM

Lol, I really don't care all that much, the Brady comment was a joke.

The NFL however is absolutely depending on your attitudes though 'oh who cares how dodgy it is. Fuck the Pats!' So keep being NFL stooges. :)

The concussion shit though is arrogance on another level that's risking people's lives.  I mean getting close to FIFA level shit.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #130 on: May 24, 2016, 12:59:54 PM

Atlanta just got the 2019 Super Bowl. I'm horrified. Last time we did this there was an ice storm and Ray Lewis killed a guy. This time I'm expecting the traffic Apocalypse followed by some sort of Ebola outbreak from the CDC.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #131 on: May 24, 2016, 07:14:58 PM

I'm sure the Alien Rape Ships will come down and find very willing receptacles in that new goatse.cx stadium you guys are building there.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #132 on: May 25, 2016, 05:42:52 AM

I'm sure the Alien Rape Ships will come down and find very willing receptacles in that new goatse.cx stadium you guys are building there.

That's funny. I call it Atlanta's Anus.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: May 25, 2016, 06:24:56 AM

That's hardly fair. The Anus performs an important function in the body.

Hic sunt dracones.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #134 on: May 26, 2016, 05:09:07 AM

As does an NFL stadium. It efficiently funnels money from rubes into the pockets of millionaires.  awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #135 on: May 26, 2016, 08:34:59 AM

I can see it now. "The Falcons played the Jaguars today and rectum." Jay and Dan will be thrilled!

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #136 on: May 26, 2016, 02:59:45 PM

Damn near killed 'em.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: July 25, 2016, 11:09:12 AM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #138 on: July 25, 2016, 12:00:46 PM

YES!!!! FEEL THE HATRED!

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #139 on: July 25, 2016, 12:02:03 PM

Boring start.  But what can you expect with such a boring team?

-Rasix
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2016  
Jump to: