Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:43:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Instant skill training: strip-mining your strip-mining skills for fun and profit 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Instant skill training: strip-mining your strip-mining skills for fun and profit  (Read 42493 times)
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: May 21, 2016, 02:58:13 AM

CCP selling SP is like walking in on the Pope wanking as he blarts all over a Tumblr creeper image of Satan's upskirt thong. I like it.

This is an excellent metaphor except for being pointless, inaccurate, irrelevant and horribly-poorly written. 

In my defense, I was horribly drunk...  why so serious?

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: May 21, 2016, 03:16:44 AM

CCP selling SP is like walking in on the Pope wanking as he blarts all over a Tumblr creeper image of Satan's upskirt thong. I like it.

This is an excellent metaphor except for being pointless, inaccurate, irrelevant and horribly-poorly written. 

In my defense, I was horribly drunk...  why so serious?

That makes a great deal more sense, in that case.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: May 21, 2016, 08:47:00 AM

Complaints are generally along these lines:

- that the reward is too desirable and will become "the norm", and thus a punishment to those who don't do the daily and "miss out."
- typical of CCP this will never be iterated or improved (or not fast enough) to reward activities other than PVE ratting.
- that CCP didn't reward a generic all-inclusive activity like "activate a module in space" and instead is "forcing" everyone to PVE rats.
- the reward is unfair to those who can't log in for whatever period.
- it's ruining the economy (or specific items in the economy).

There's a 100+ page complaint thread from when they first announced the feature, and now that they've announced it for Tuesday, a few small threads are popping up in General Discussion, re-iterating the various points.  Reddit had a couple threads too, yesterday when the announcement was made.

One thing that's unclear to me is whether this reward is per account or per character.  I believe the idea was presented as per account originally, but the announcement seems to say it's per character that performs the activity.  Guess I'll have to wait and see.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Instant skill training: strip-mining your strip-mining skills for fun and profit  
Jump to: