Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:57:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2016 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2016  (Read 64117 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 16, 2016, 04:40:16 PM

Terrible clock management by the chefs.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 16, 2016, 05:29:42 PM

Hello. My name is Andy Reid. 

Pats looked good.  Edelman looked good. Be worried. :)

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
WayAbvPar

Reply #37 on: January 17, 2016, 09:07:40 AM

Hello. My name is Andy Reid. 

Pats looked good.  Edelman looked good. Be worried. :)

This. I was hoping Andy could hold off until the Super Bowl to shit his pants. Sigh. And Mike McCarthy makes AR look like Vince Lombardi. Is there a worse game day coach that makes it to the playoffs all the time?

4 hours of sleep. Jersey on, Irish coffee in travel mug, about to head over to Furiously's house to cheer on the Seahawks.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #38 on: January 17, 2016, 09:27:42 AM

Cards looked really sloppy. Lots of bad Palmer throws that Seattle would have eaten for lunch.

The only good football of these playoffs is going to be Seattle - Carolina. At least I hope. NFC is a mess.

I have never played WoW.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 17, 2016, 09:37:10 AM

. NFC is a mess.

This is funny since up until yesterday I thought the AFC was a complete mess. The Pats showed that they are that team capable of competing with SEA, CAR and ARI. Can you imagine Denver or Pit in the shape they are in competing with any of those teams?

Still not convinced about the Pats either. The Chiefs were not that good of a team. They beat a lot of bad teams to get to the playoffs.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 17, 2016, 09:57:31 AM

The Patriots with Gronk, Edelman and Brady can beat anyone.  It doesn't necessarily mean they will, but they at least can. The Bronco's are a good team, and if Manning can somehow manage to will himself through 3 games at a high level they could beat the NFC teams also.  Pittsburgh is too beat up.  Lots of talent, but they are limping here.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #41 on: January 17, 2016, 10:15:25 AM

Nice start.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 17, 2016, 10:35:19 AM

NFC NFLis a mess.

Fixed that one for you.

The product the NFL produces is pretty much absolute garbage these days.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 17, 2016, 10:38:49 AM

Seattle is back to the team I know and love. Make playoffs on miracle horseshit, blow it out their ass in the first game. Good to have the planet back to normal.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 17, 2016, 10:46:40 AM

Oh my.
WayAbvPar

Reply #45 on: January 17, 2016, 11:09:51 AM

Good news is I decided to drink.  Bad news is I have blown through most of a fifth of Jameson's well before halftime.  Whata ffucking  clusterfuck.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
WayAbvPar

Reply #46 on: January 17, 2016, 11:32:41 AM

Well I won $20  for 1-0 2nd quarter.  Hurray.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 17, 2016, 12:06:43 PM

Yeah, what the actual fuck. If we were closer, I'd bring over a refresher on that drink. It's cool we're a second half team, but that shouldn't mean we don't play the first. Fuckity boo.

WayAbvPar

Reply #48 on: January 17, 2016, 12:15:44 PM

Up 14-0 since I switched to mimosas.  I am not proud.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #49 on: January 17, 2016, 12:21:32 PM

Cue magical Seattle bullshit time.

-Rasix
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: January 17, 2016, 12:32:35 PM

Why can't magical bullshit Seattle time start in the first half?

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 17, 2016, 01:20:07 PM

Well, that was something.
WayAbvPar

Reply #52 on: January 17, 2016, 01:29:21 PM

Funny how spotting  15-1 team 31 points at home makes it tough to win.  Should be a different looking team next season.  Okung will be gone,  Lynch will be gone,  Graham will be back... Hope they invest on the offensive line.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 17, 2016, 03:08:17 PM

Different yes. Better? Meh.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 17, 2016, 04:05:36 PM

God what a snoozer this game is. It would be totally different if Manning could get people who could catch these ducks he is lobbing right into their hands.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 17, 2016, 04:39:35 PM

awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

beer geek.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 17, 2016, 04:48:17 PM

Super late pass interference flag leads to this ending  why so serious?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #57 on: January 18, 2016, 08:22:24 AM

Change my Steelers to the Pats winning, and I stick by my pick of the Panthers to win it all.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 18, 2016, 08:25:49 AM

Championship
DEN over NE
CAR over ARI

Superbowl
DEN over CAR

Sticking with this.

beer geek.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #59 on: January 18, 2016, 08:26:28 AM

WC
Chiefs (pretty damn sure)
Steelers (most sure)
Seahawks (least sure)
Packers (almost least sure)

Div
Pats (almost least sure)
Steelers (least sure)
Panthers (pretty damn sure)
Cards (most sure)

AFC
Pats (most sure)

NFC
Panthers (not as sure)

Panthers over Pats

Missed one finally though it was a predictable miss after the surprise beat-down the Bengals put on the Steelers.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #60 on: January 18, 2016, 09:50:01 AM

Welp, I apparently had my NFC matchups all wrong (as to who would play whom) but my picks of who wins stand because I knew neither the Packers nor the Seahawks were advancing. I think if Antonio Brown or DeAngelo Williams had played, I'd have gotten ALL of my picks right instead of whiffing on the Steelers/Broncos game. And again, my picks stay the same.

The Packers did a lot better than they should have, but that's because they had Sam Shields back. He is apparently just that damn good compare to the rest of their secondary. They got a pass rush and held up the Cardinals attack. But like all year, they got gashed on the big play, likely when Dom Capers decided to forego what was working (man2man) because... reasons. Fuck, I hate Dom Capers. He can do so well with a defense but he cannot make any adjustments worth a fuck. Oh well, I'll be rooting for the Cardinals from here on out.

The Panthers going 31 points up... I was expecting to hear news from Seattle that Way was out on a ledge. But the second half is exactly why I don't trust the Panthers to win against Arizona. The domination they were putting on the Seahawks (and the Giants a few weeks ago for that matter) in the first half should have continued into the second half. Instead, they let both those teams back into it for no good reason. Their offense sputtered and their defense couldn't cover receivers. Maybe Dom Capers was handling their second half DC duties. I expect the Panthers to get stuffed next week, home game or not.

The Chiefs are not a good football team. Sure, they won 11 straight, but dear GOD, watching their offense is like watching old people fuck. THEY ARE SLOW, PONDEROUS AND BORING. I'm not sure how they scored 20 points in any game ever. The Patriots were clearly the better offense and their defense was good enough.

And then there's the Broncos, whose offense is also like watching old people fuck, only with more fumbling. Kubiak's offense are slow and boring, but it doesn't help that their best receivers drop the ball ALL THE TIME. Demarius Thomas should have twice as many receptions as he does, but he drops balls left and right in every game I've seen him. And as good as their defense is, it still almost got beat by a Pittsburgh team without its best receiver and with a QB whose arm was probably hanging onto his shoulder with fucking chewing gum. If Tom Brady has Edelman and Gronk at 70% health, the Broncos will not win because the Pats defense isn't great but it's better than the Steelers and Brady's arm is still attached to his body by actual flesh.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: January 18, 2016, 09:56:19 AM

And as good as their defense is, it still almost got beat by a Pittsburgh team without its best receiver and with a QB whose arm was probably hanging onto his shoulder with fucking chewing gum.

I'm going to (as a lot of people have been) going to call bullshit on the Rothlisberger shit. Dude played great yesterday, and that shoulder injury didn't slow him down. And their other receivers did great. CHJ's worn down, especially with dealing with the shoulder injury now too.

Don't get me wrong, it ain't gonna br pretty, and NE is NEVER a walk in the park.

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #62 on: January 18, 2016, 10:27:53 AM

I'll go ahead and predict the Broncos will have 4 dropped passes, and will lose by 3-7 points.  why so serious?

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: January 18, 2016, 10:53:19 AM

I'll go ahead and predict the Broncos will have 4 dropped passes, and will lose by 3-7 points.  why so serious?

only 4? I think the over under is set at 12.  why so serious?

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #64 on: January 18, 2016, 11:13:18 AM

Oh sorry, I was just thinking of D Thomas's drops.  why so serious?

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 18, 2016, 12:01:55 PM

Oh sorry, I was just thinking of D Thomas's drops.  why so serious?

Thumbs up!

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #66 on: January 18, 2016, 12:04:39 PM

Did anybody else notice that the refs were calling these games completely differently than any regular season game this year? There were some pretty obvious pass interference/illegal contact calls that just weren't called at all in most of the games I saw that would for damn sure have been called in the regular season. I'm not sure there were any that were just total bullshit that decided a game but it's pretty obvious to me that the refs were instructed to let some things go.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: January 18, 2016, 12:29:58 PM

Funny how spotting  15-1 team 31 points at home makes it tough to win.  Should be a different looking team next season.  Okung will be gone,  Lynch will be gone,  Graham will be back... Hope they invest on the offensive line.

Okung has been injured enough its like he isn't there. And Rawls is better than Lynch(maybe not in his prime, but right now, if he can stay healthy). We will draft O-Line and probably be just fine

The Packers did a lot better than they should have, but that's because they had Sam Shields back. He is apparently just that damn good compare to the rest of their secondary. They got a pass rush and held up the Cardinals attack. But like all year, they got gashed on the big play, likely when Dom Capers decided to forego what was working (man2man) because... reasons. Fuck, I hate Dom Capers. He can do so well with a defense but he cannot make any adjustments worth a fuck. Oh well, I'll be rooting for the Cardinals from here on out.

The Packers will continually be held back by their terrible play calling.

You're down by 1 and you have the chance to "guarantee" a tie or go for 2. What do you do?

A: You go for 2 because a single goal line play has better success rate than a full drive and you only get the full drive chance to win 50% of the time on a coin flip. And momentum is against you because you just had to throw two Hail Mary's to get there so good luck getting down the field again. And you have a 50% chance to not even get the ball and have to stop the Cardinal's offense with an even more tired defense. And through all of that the extra point isn't even guaranteed! Its a 94% chance right now. So even if you think you have a 50% chance to win in overtime which you don't as the underdog then the probability of winning if you kick is less than the probability of converting the 2-pt

A(Mike McCarthy): You know what? Lets go to overtime. I don't trust Aaron Rodgers on the goal line.

The Panthers going 31 points up... I was expecting to hear news from Seattle that Way was out on a ledge. But the second half is exactly why I don't trust the Panthers to win against Arizona. The domination they were putting on the Seahawks (and the Giants a few weeks ago for that matter) in the first half should have continued into the second half. Instead, they let both those teams back into it for no good reason. Their offense sputtered and their defense couldn't cover receivers. Maybe Dom Capers was handling their second half DC duties. I expect the Panthers to get stuffed next week, home game or not.

Panthers will probably lose to Carolina. While Seattle is the better team of the three in DVOA the Panthers have both the offense and defense type to stymie the Seattle style. They protect very well against big plays and have a great pass rush. And well, we tend to go for big plays and eschew the intermediate routes that have a chance of punishing that. Their brilliant linebacker spy is basically the worst thing for us since its so much harder for Wilson to get away from it, even if he is going to pull from his bag of tricks. Similarly we play a similar defensive scheme as Carolina with great pass D that prevents big plays until the line can force something to happen. But it doesn't protect against intermediate pass plays; especially when designed QB runs or scrambles are on the table.

Arizona on the other hand is all about those intermediate passes which will drop in front of the Carolina defenders and too far away from the spys for them to do anything about it. And their defense is all about letting someone try to make the long pass by defending the intermediate and not giving them enough time to get the long throw. Against the Hawks this does not work because Wilson is a magic man and we will eventually get that long pass down. And Palmer is not mobile enough or willing to do designed run plays in order to not have our d-line make his day difficult.

I expect the Cardinals to beat the Panthers. Whether or not they can beat the Patriots is another question (Patriots are almost a shoe in unless Denver nuts up and plays Osweiler) but i would say that Arizona has the best chance against either team.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: January 18, 2016, 12:33:05 PM

Did anybody else notice that the refs were calling these games completely differently than any regular season game this year? There were some pretty obvious pass interference/illegal contact calls that just weren't called at all in most of the games I saw that would for damn sure have been called in the regular season. I'm not sure there were any that were just total bullshit that decided a game but it's pretty obvious to me that the refs were instructed to let some things go.

They almost always are. But i am not sure what you're referring to. The only game i watched particularly closely(Sea/Carolina) looked fairly clean(well besides my unhappiness wanting to flag carolina on every play) and i didn't see anything particularly worthy of being called that wasn't except for a few instances of Carolina defenders turning over on Wilson.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #69 on: January 18, 2016, 02:33:41 PM

Arizona on the other hand is all about those intermediate passes which will drop in front of the Carolina defenders and too far away from the spys for them to do anything about it.

This is one of the reasons I LOVE the Cardinals offense. They play the pass the way NFL teams USED to before all the bubble screens and West Coast dink and dunk offenses became so prevalent. Yeah, great your QB has 70% completion rate - did any pass travel more than 5 yards? Most of those passes are reliant on the wideouts making yards after the catch because defenses no longer know how to fucking tackle in the open field. That's one of the reasons Seattle's defense has done so well over the years and especially in that Super Bowl win. Their defensive backfield could actually tackle those fast wideouts in the middle.

It's one of the things I HATE about the Packers offense especially this year. Their pass plays are all dink and dunks with almost nothing in the intermediate. Their wideouts couldn't get open on those short routes because of a lack of quickness and our shitty OC and McCarthy never figured out that Rodgers can throw the ball accurately 10-15 yards down the field. I would kill for Bruce Arians as our HC.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2016  
Jump to: