Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:32:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2016 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2016  (Read 64765 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #70 on: January 18, 2016, 03:45:22 PM

Did anybody else notice that the refs were calling these games completely differently than any regular season game this year? There were some pretty obvious pass interference/illegal contact calls that just weren't called at all in most of the games I saw that would for damn sure have been called in the regular season. I'm not sure there were any that were just total bullshit that decided a game but it's pretty obvious to me that the refs were instructed to let some things go.

They almost always are. But i am not sure what you're referring to. The only game i watched particularly closely(Sea/Carolina) looked fairly clean(well besides my unhappiness wanting to flag carolina on every play) and i didn't see anything particularly worthy of being called that wasn't except for a few instances of Carolina defenders turning over on Wilson.

I think he's talking about the Steelers vs Broncos game. I wish to god every football game was reffed in the secondary like that game was. That was real bump and run coverage like before the Pats complained and then when the nfl didn't change the rules enough they just mugged the fuck out of the Colts WR's every play in that one playoff game and then the nfl changed the rules or calling emphasis in the off-season.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #71 on: January 18, 2016, 07:27:05 PM

Yeah, that's about what I mean. I also saw some in a few of the other games that normally would have been called even though they were pretty minor contact. My point is that the refs in the regular season call the shit out of ticky tack interference calls but they suddenly disappear when more people are watching.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: January 18, 2016, 08:40:39 PM

I'm going with Arizona this year because southwest and they have Mickey Rourke as a HC.  Arians is a damned cool cat.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 22, 2016, 08:55:19 AM

Fuck it. McManus late FG to bring it to 26-24, Broncos. I can't even pretend to not be fanboying out.

beer geek.
WayAbvPar

Reply #74 on: January 23, 2016, 09:22:54 AM

Cardinals
Patriots

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #75 on: January 24, 2016, 12:47:33 PM

What the fuck was that roughness call? Nobody'd touched him.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: January 24, 2016, 01:27:17 PM

Odd that the Patriot's Tablets don't work in Denver.  Ohhhhh, I see.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #77 on: January 24, 2016, 02:00:35 PM

A convenient excuse for pats fans to cling to if they lose and something to harp about if they win.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: January 24, 2016, 02:23:33 PM

The Bronco's edge rushers are having a field day. The score is a lot closer than this game has looked to me.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: January 24, 2016, 03:22:16 PM

Odd that the Patriot's Tablets don't work in Denver.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Guess that's revenge for headsets having mysterious malfunctions in New England all these years. Seriously. Fuck the Pats. Hope the team bus crashes on the way home.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: January 24, 2016, 03:25:14 PM

Von Miller is going to get PAID this offseason. Him and Ware are basically winning this game for Denver.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: January 24, 2016, 03:33:41 PM

And the Pats are not going to the Superbowl.  awesome, for real

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: January 24, 2016, 03:35:59 PM

And it was a gostowski missed pat that was the difference. Bizarre.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: January 24, 2016, 03:39:46 PM

Yeah.

Denver's D is just ridiculous. But it has to be because that O is really lacklustre.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: January 24, 2016, 04:02:28 PM

And it was a gostowski missed pat that was the difference. Bizarre.

It would have been 19-20. So... no.

That being said, his terrible onside kick did more damage.

Also, I AM GOING TO BE SO DRUNK.

awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

beer geek.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: January 24, 2016, 04:15:46 PM

No, it would've 19-20 after the TD, which then Gostowski could've converted the PAT for a tie score instead of going for 2. (I mean the PAT he missed at the start of the game, ends up being a 2 point swing)

Also lol the Pats had 3 trips into the redzone in the 4th quarter, failing to convert on two of those. If they'd just kicked 3 field goals they win.:P~

Oh and that missed PAT, his first in 9 years. Wow.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:18:09 PM by Shannow »

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: January 24, 2016, 04:29:14 PM

WTF are Arizona doing? Running the Wildcat with Palmer as a Wideout on First and 10, then trying to use Fitz as a QB on 2nd and 8?

Carolina looking dominant right now, but Arizona seems to be trying to give it to them.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: January 24, 2016, 05:57:11 PM

No, it would've 19-20 after the TD, which then Gostowski could've converted the PAT for a tie score instead of going for 2. (I mean the PAT he missed at the start of the game, ends up being a 2 point swing)

Well, you can only guess what could have happened. I still don't see that as being "what it came down to". What it came down to was the Broncos D playing just as well this year as they have been and holding them in place, getting pressure and beating the Pats.

beer geek.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #88 on: January 24, 2016, 06:21:10 PM

What would've happened was that they'd be down one point instead of two after the last TD and wouldn't have to go for a two point conversion.  One doesn't have to guess anything; it's math.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: January 24, 2016, 06:31:44 PM

Yeah, seems pretty straight forward.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: January 24, 2016, 07:08:00 PM

I think it ended up influencing a number of their decisions throughout the game. Funny that. Seriously 9 years without one.

At the end of the day though kudos to the Broncos defense. The player the Pats have really missed all season? Nate Solder.

I'm going to enjoy watching the Panthers crush the Broncos in the Superbowl.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #91 on: January 24, 2016, 07:21:26 PM

Fuck Tom Brady and Fuck the Pats. And Super Fuck Josh McDaniel because he just cannot seem to understand that when your Hall-of-Fame QB is getting murdered with extreme prejudice, you do something silly like keep extra blockers in to protect the motherfucker. I didn't expect Manning to be as sharp as he was and I sure didn't expect the Broncos' receivers to actually have so few drops.

And holy shit, Arizona Cardinals. Talk about a supreme choke job by Carson Palmer. But kudos to Carolina and Cam Newton for not stepping on their own dicks. Somehow we have a Super Bowl where both #1 seeds made it. And it might actually be an interesting game.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #92 on: January 24, 2016, 07:40:40 PM

I'd love to see Peyton retire with one last Super Bowl win, but honestly, I don't care who wins at this point. I'm just glad Brady will spend Super Bowl Sunday watching it on TV.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: January 24, 2016, 07:45:43 PM

Cam Newton is America's Quarterback. I want to see some glorious manning face in two weeks
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #94 on: January 24, 2016, 08:04:48 PM

I expect we will. The Panthers D is much better than the Pats.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: January 24, 2016, 08:15:08 PM

One last try for Peyton vs. the young up and comer. Eh, at least its a minor storyline to care about.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #96 on: January 24, 2016, 08:57:13 PM

I'd love to see Peyton retire with one last Super Bowl win, but honestly, I don't care who wins at this point. I'm just glad Brady will spend Super Bowl Sunday watching it on TV.

No Pats and no Steelers were all I wanted out of this postseason. I'm happy.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: January 24, 2016, 09:35:07 PM

What would've happened was that they'd be down one point instead of two after the last TD and wouldn't have to go for a two point conversion.  One doesn't have to guess anything; it's math.

But, we're assuming everything played out the same later in the game. The game plan could very likely be different from that point on. That's what I'm getting at. Saying something that early in the game was the "reason" is simplistic.

beer geek.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: January 24, 2016, 09:46:17 PM

Just because something happened early in the game doesn't make it less important.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: January 24, 2016, 10:16:06 PM

I never said it wasn't important. It was important. I just don't agree it was the decisive thing. Nor that there was any single decisive thing.

beer geek.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #100 on: January 24, 2016, 10:43:34 PM

No Pats and no Steelers were all I wanted out of this postseason. I'm happy.
And no Seahawks.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #101 on: January 24, 2016, 10:53:48 PM

I didn't enjoy watching us get mauled, but hey, like it isn't the Seahawks at least.

-Rasix
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: January 24, 2016, 11:13:51 PM

Wish it could have been someone else besides the Bronco's. Really wanted to see the Chiefs or Bengals. But they were a long shot. On the NFC side happy with Panthers, would have been with Arizona as well, since it couldn't have been the hawks. Good to see new blood in the NFC title games.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #103 on: January 25, 2016, 07:32:36 AM

Shame the Cards went out like they did. Nice of the Broncos defense to rescue us from another Brady SB.

You have no idea how upset I would be if hordes of New England fans were coming to town. Second worst fanbase in the nfl (behind the eagles if you are wondering) easy.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
WayAbvPar

Reply #104 on: January 25, 2016, 09:15:10 AM

Will be rooting for the Broncos, but they are going to get destroyed in the SB again.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2016  
Jump to: