Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:50:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Patch 2.4 and Season 5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 2.4 and Season 5  (Read 116873 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #35 on: January 18, 2016, 10:08:37 AM

Yeah, the guides I've seen have said do Aquila Cuirass or Heart of Iron and cube the one you roll with lower stats. I like the combo they've got going instead.

Though I also prefer the setup using the CD reduction shield proc over his set, but if you get enough cooldown on your gear I imagine that becomes irrelevant.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 18, 2016, 11:16:56 AM

So yeah, I'm also going with a thorn crusader...it's ridiculous. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Segoris-1459/hero/71445474

I'm still missing a neck/shield/ring/chest/cube pieces and t8 still just melts. I dropped Akharat's in favor of provoke to use with my current shield, and I'll probably even drop Laws of Justice for something else.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 18, 2016, 11:42:51 AM

What do you chaps do with legendary gem dupes ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 18, 2016, 12:04:31 PM

In my non-seasonal stash, I have some space allocated for dupes. This is dumb because I'll never use the vast majority of the gems, on the other hand I do have the space to spare.

You can vendor your extra legendary gems. They're not worth much, but it's either that or drop them on the floor. I vendored basically an entire set after the last season ended.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 18, 2016, 12:07:41 PM

I keep at least one of every gem in storage so they stop dropping.

most often known as Drevik
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 18, 2016, 12:30:24 PM

Right, ok, but I have two seasons worth of dupes in the stash.  So, I'll vendor them.  Cool.

Thanks.

My trouble is I've been keeping all the 'active' legendaries, but not getting the reagents to cube them, so I have a real space problem.  :D

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #41 on: January 18, 2016, 12:47:28 PM

My trouble is I've been keeping all the 'active' legendaries, but not getting the reagents to cube them, so I have a real space problem.  :D

Oh good, it's not just me. I keep hoping they'll have another double-bounty weekend but, alas, it hasn't happened. Running bounties sucks solo because it takes too much time. However, running them in groups also sucks because most people are utter dumbasses who follow you around rather than run one of the other 5 bounties that are still open.

So if you leave, you find you're not getting any bounties done at all, or you keep getting the same goddamn act. There I am with 123 angel skin and 0 holy water when all I need is goddamn holy water.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 18, 2016, 12:52:58 PM

Nope, even doing it with the wife is a pain in the arse.  ...  I could have worded that better.

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 18, 2016, 01:12:36 PM

Level them to 50 and use the new cube recipe to augment ancient items.

I've still got some wasted +Crit stat on my gear, and I need a few more gem levels, but rifts 65+ seem sorta doable, but it's dependent on the rift.  I need LOTS of mobs around at all times, ideally multiple elites, to keep blocking enough to ramp up the 25% thorn damage stacking buff.

Toughness climbs over 800 million now and still with room for improvement; other than packs of lasers I barely notice my health bar move.  I might ditch laws of hope for something more DPS-y.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:20:24 PM by Polysorbate80 »

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 18, 2016, 05:35:33 PM

The objective of clearing a torment 9 rift in 6mins probably the worst of the season journey so far. I keep closing the portal around the 6:10 mark >< Getting that CDR proc shield will probably make all the difference, but until then this is annoying

Edit: and of course the next run I get a really easy rift and clear it in 4mins....
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:54:29 PM by Segoris »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #45 on: January 19, 2016, 03:49:46 AM

So I haven't been paying attention to all this because Grim Dawn sucked up every moment of my gaming time till I left for vacation.  Are there any darling class's for this season, like hoe everybody went Monk or Barbarian last time?  Or is it more balanced (or everybody is till going monk or barbarian)?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #46 on: January 19, 2016, 06:27:53 AM

I'm seeing a lot of crusaders. There were a ton of Wizzards up until I started running Torment 9 Greater rifts last night.  The party I had for the two I ran was a Monk, WD and another Crusader alongside myself.

The Crusaders walked/ charged through mobs with only a single death between us, because he didn't avoid a molten 4-pack explosion. The WD said he was 'still squishy' and fell way behind as mobs tore him up (I had to go back and kill some stuff so he could catch up halfway through level 2). The monk died a few times but certainly wasn't a contributing factor to the DPS.

I'm not certain if this is reflective yet. F13 has a large amount of Wizards who seem to be doing OK. We don't appear to have any barbarians yet, people might be waiting and using the OP chars to equip the others or trying something new out.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 19, 2016, 06:43:37 AM

Played a wizard last season and a crusader this season.  The crusader is, without a doubt, the easiest toon I've played in my entire Diablo history.  The thorns gear is silly to the point that I've considered starting a new toon just to have a challenge.  In one day of play I was up to torment 8 after being PL'ed to 70.  It's almost too easy to be fun.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 19, 2016, 06:59:58 AM

My wizard blows the fuck out of stuff, but I cant break into T9 without some very important defensive items. I easily have the damage for T10 though, I am using Tal Rasha's six piece set. My end goal is a six piece set of Delseres Magnum Opus.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 19, 2016, 07:16:37 AM

Most people are playing a FB wizard, this will not cut it.

Using the FB set, I jumped into a GRIFT 50 with some friends and up against a generic numpty minion I was channeling a constant 30-60million and his health was barley moving.

I got the full 6 piece Delsere set short of some of the additional items. ie the compass rose/traveler's pledge and the Ancient Parthan defenders. Even without those my damage immediately jumped to ~500million with spikes into the multiple billions. This is also with very sub-optimal gear, nothing ancient ect.

I thinking that a fully optimized wizard will be able to challenge for top spot on the grift leaderboard but it definitely will not be a FB wizard.

Also the play style could not be more different than the FB wiz. Instead of just spamming disintegrate you have to maintain your stacks, and time your arcane orbit ect.  

Professional Forum Lurker.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: January 19, 2016, 07:55:31 AM

Also the play style could not be more different than the FB wiz. Instead of just spamming disintegrate you have to maintain your stacks, and time your arcane orbit ect.  
This is similar to my experience with my Tal Rasha build. You have to pay attention to which element you are applying, watch your six piece buff stacks and cooldown, and pay attention to the invisible timer on the four piece meteor activations.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
WayAbvPar

Reply #51 on: January 19, 2016, 10:26:13 AM

My wizard blows the fuck out of stuff, but I cant break into T9 without some very important defensive items. I easily have the damage for T10 though, I am using Tal Rasha's six piece set. My end goal is a six piece set of Delseres Magnum Opus.

I am having the same issues with the Firebird's set. I absolutely shit out damage (and almost never run out of mana), but I am extremely vulnerable and get 1 shot by anything at T7 or above. Hoping some better non-set items and some paragon levels will help with that.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #52 on: January 19, 2016, 11:03:17 AM

I'm going to be dinking around doing bounties in a private game over the next few nights for mats. If anyone wants to PL a guy feel free to hop in and leech. I PL'd a guy I met last season two days ago and got 52 levels for Murgos last night.

I also found a hilarious combo I'm using when doing this. I got the Greed gem the first night I was 70 but didn't get a single gem I needed for my thorns build until I'd run 8 GRs. Therefore I have a L15 greed gem that causes gold explosions on 47% of mob kills.  I combine this with the belt that gives Armor on gold pick-up and cube the bracers that give XP on gold pick-up. Hilarity ensues as I can't be killed after savaging a few white mobs for gold.

I got up to 2 billion toughness yesterday in part of one run. I was standing in arcane beams, poison and molten explosions like it was nothing.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  I wish mob density was even higher.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:23:08 AM by Merusk »

Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 19, 2016, 11:21:54 AM

yeah couple this with a WW barb and your boon of the hoarder at level 25.  (level 25 is speed bust on gold pickup) and the item that increases your pick up radius based on gold picked up

Its pretty swank for farming mats. I played this in season 3.

check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sa3GhF8x8w

Professional Forum Lurker.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 19, 2016, 03:30:55 PM

Interestingly enough, most of the higher-level Thorns crusaders are ditching the Invoker set for the "setless" bonus (two set rings + all ancient items).  Once you get enough ancient gear, the +100% damage/4% resistance bonus outweighs the set bonus, and doesn't require you to sit around spamming Punish, or lock you into sitting still so much.  I know I wound up moving enough I was rarely over 40-50% +damage on the Traveller's set bonus.

It's a lot more squishy than the cookie-cutter invoker set, but damage is higher.  I'm missing a few ancient pieces, and some of what I am using is ancient but not well itemized (or just not the right piece), but it's got more potential.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:34:20 PM by Polysorbate80 »

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #55 on: January 19, 2016, 03:58:33 PM

Yeah I wondered about that. I don't have any ancient gear though and farming for it may be more trouble than it's worth. Last season I only got about 3 or 4 pieces of ancient gear total.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 19, 2016, 04:07:38 PM

Interestingly enough, most of the higher-level Thorns crusaders are ditching the Invoker set for the "setless" bonus (two set rings + all ancient items).  Once you get enough ancient gear, the +100% damage/4% resistance bonus outweighs the set bonus, and doesn't require you to sit around spamming Punish, or lock you into sitting still so much.  I know I wound up moving enough I was rarely over 40-50% +damage on the Traveller's set bonus.

It's a lot more squishy than the cookie-cutter invoker set, but damage is higher.  I'm missing a few ancient pieces, and some of what I am using is ancient but not well itemized (or just not the right piece), but it's got more potential.

I think I'd go with the ancient legendary stuff for solo and the invoker set for groups.  Being tanky + decent damage would be great if grouped with more dedicated dps.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #57 on: January 19, 2016, 10:01:04 PM

Thorns build is retarded. Went from T2 being hard to soloing nearly T8. I basically click and things die.

I love this game, but this is dumb.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 19, 2016, 10:23:12 PM

Oh I don't know - at T10/Grift 50 I've started to actually use my CDs  why so serious?

I'm quite tempted to make a hardcore version - start blessed hammer to 70 and see if I can get the gear for thorns

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #59 on: January 20, 2016, 06:54:16 AM

Thorns build is retarded. Went from T2 being hard to soloing nearly T8. I basically click and things die.

I love this game, but this is dumb.

I've got to agree and I love the spec.

Last night my son decided he wants to play with me. The wife's account, however, hasn't ever had a L60 or story-completion because she never downed Diablo meaning we were forced to do seasonal at Expert level, not even Master.  Heartbreak   So I had to hop on my non-season L70 wizard who had previously been able to tear through Torment III without a problem, so Expert wasn't going to be a thing.

It felt like a SLOG to get anywhere compared to the thorns build and I was only on Expert. That's just not right.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 20, 2016, 07:02:37 AM

Just watched that Crusader get Rift 81.  Jesus, that looked so boring to play.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: January 20, 2016, 07:35:44 AM

Just watched that Crusader get Rift 81.  Jesus, that looked so boring to play.

It can't be any dumber than the leap barb I saw doing mid-70's.  This game has jumped the shark.

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #62 on: January 20, 2016, 07:58:43 AM

It hasn't jumped the shark, they just..... catered directly to specs. They'll fix it. They've had the best track record in recent memory lately.
WayAbvPar

Reply #63 on: January 20, 2016, 08:41:49 AM

So, I went and looked at the diablofans suggested build for Firebird's and gave it a try. At first I hated it, but then I realized that it was set up to be in melee range (uses both Storm and Ice Armor along with Explosive Blast). I started diving into piles and it popped for me. When I get it properly geared it will be very good. You can still kite with it and then finish up close, so it will be interesting learning to balance risk/reward on level. I need one more 30+Grift to level my 2nd gem to 25 which will really make elites a lot easier.

I finished the set dungeon after a few tries. Mastery is going to take some planning and some luck I think.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: January 20, 2016, 10:00:45 AM

It hasn't jumped the shark, they just..... catered directly to specs. They'll fix it. They've had the best track record in recent memory lately.

I hope that you're right. 

I can't get over this odd sense... when I play PoE, I wish it were more like Diablo and when I play Diablo, I wish it were more like PoE.  Both have good ideas, but I enjoy the complexity somewhere in the middle.

-  Mark Twain
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 20, 2016, 10:36:46 AM

Same with me and Marvel.  Kinda.

WayAbvPar

Reply #66 on: January 20, 2016, 10:55:01 AM

Marvel's loot is just too crappy (and too overwhelming) for me. I like the utility of D3's drops being useful for most classes.

schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: January 20, 2016, 11:22:51 AM

I hope that you're right. 

I can't get over this odd sense... when I play PoE, I wish it were more like Diablo and when I play Diablo, I wish it were more like PoE.  Both have good ideas, but I enjoy the complexity somewhere in the middle.
Grim Dawn?
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: January 20, 2016, 08:16:36 PM

Regarding the easiness of this season - it's a whole world of difference starting a new char without the free set. I have my facerolling thornsadser, and then a brand new wiz and monk, who are both not nearly as fun or easy without a set. Once they complete a set it will be come easy mode. And I think that is where they messed up this season is it isn't a progression, it's a feast or famine with either having a good set or not having a good set. They need to make it more progression curve.

Side note - fuck Akarat's Awakening drop rate.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #69 on: January 20, 2016, 09:11:09 PM

Of course all you need to do then is just farm shards and cube mats with the crusader for your other characters to use.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Patch 2.4 and Season 5  
Jump to: