Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:11:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Patch 2.4 and Season 5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 2.4 and Season 5  (Read 116914 times)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

on: December 30, 2015, 05:10:33 PM

With Season 4 drawing to a close tonight (in NA at any rate), Blizzard is giving us a couple weeks of downtime before firing up Season 5.

The S5 feature I'm most curious about is the Rebirth. I like the idea of keeping the same main character, even if it means resetting back to level 1.

Edit: does anyone know if 2.4 is going to be released at the same time as S5? I get the impression that they're not necessarily linked.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 06:25:16 PM

EDIT: my reading comprehension level: -1  I haven't heard when the S4 patch launches. Sorry

-----

Season 4 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:
North America: Wednesday, December 30 @ 5:00 p.m. PST
Europe: Wednesday, December 30 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Wednesday, December 30 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 5 will be starting about two weeks afterwards at the following dates and times for each region:
North America: Friday, January 15 @ 5:00 p.m. PST
Europe: Friday, January 15 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Friday, January 15 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
For time zone assistance, click here. We look forward to seeing you in Season 5!
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 08:27:34 PM

While not explicitly stated, the patch should be hitting when the season starts, as that has been the case the last couple go rounds.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 07:01:30 AM

Generally the patch hits on the Tuesday before (for USA, for us Euro's its Wednesday), and then the season goes live on Friday. Blizzard always patches on the Tuesday / Wednesday for all their games.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 11:54:00 AM

Patch 2.4 downloaded for me 30 minutes ago.
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 10:55:07 AM

Tried the WD Helltooth dungeon. I think I was on t8 and after just one attempt I think I can comfortably say f those.  Kill 20 creatures with one wall of death 4 times and they give you crappy monster density. Yeah no.

Apparently you have to run around herding up mobs then hope you can get them all in one wall. Also don't take any poison damage while you are doing it. etc all for cosmetic items....

I think I may pass.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 12:05:05 PM

No, I need MORE stash space.

MORE.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 12:09:53 PM

No loot in the set dungeons. Do not care about them now.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 01:44:44 PM

Seriously ?  Like, at all ?  Not even a shower at the end ??

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 02:44:18 PM

Not that I saw, I did not "master" the Vyr's set because I didn't quite understand the rules, I merely got the first achievement for it.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 03:25:54 PM

The only drops I saw were a couple sheets of paper called "maddening questions" and "yet more questions" that, despite their name, didn't really have any questions.

Low monster density is right, too.  I had to lower my DPS to get through the seeker of the light dungeon.  The cooldown-resetting mechanic of the set relies on hitting mobs with the blessed hammer--but if your DPS is too high the monsters will die without giving you enough hits to reset Falling Sword three times in 15 seconds, and if it's too low you won't kill all the monsters in time.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 04:16:14 PM

The cosmetic changes are really nice though.  I especially like the differentiators for Damage and the wick burning for mobs.

schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 04:34:40 PM

All of the UI touches are entirely welcomed.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 07:29:45 PM

The cooldown-resetting mechanic of the set relies on hitting mobs with the blessed hammer--but if your DPS is too high the monsters will die without giving you enough hits to reset Falling Sword three times in 15 seconds, and if it's too low you won't kill all the monsters in time.
This sounds terrible. The point of Diablo is kill monsters faster so loot drops faster & in greater numbers. Having special counters resetting & DPS watching made for lousy raids so I don't expect to be thrilled with it here...
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 09:01:55 PM

In retrospect, if I had swapped it to the rune that shortens cooldown based on the number of enemies hit, it would have been simpler, but who thinks about that?  swamp poop I completely forgot that one existed until reworking skills to make Hammer Jammers work in place of Hexing Pants.

I get that they're trying to teach you to use it to keep 100% uptime on the 8-second buff, but it's dumb.  In any greater rift that's level-appropriate, Falling Sword regenerates well within the time limit. Any time I want it, it's pretty much there.

As it was, I think it took about a dozen tries.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 03:49:12 AM

Uber player / min-Maxer player appeasement is nothing new.  Just give it a few days until guides for the most efficient way of speccing and routing are posted.

The ulinayas dungeon is equally frustrating.  Kill 21 mobs with exploding Palm 3 times but the density is low except for three or four specific spots. I got 20/ 21 kills three times after corralling and accepting I wasn't hitting any timer because I had the slow aura gem slotted. 

Also kill 195 mobs, avoid all fire and don't die. Those are easy but you have to do it in in under 4 or 5 minutes.  You're going to have to dash and use the teleport component of trance on every cool down to do it because the dungeon is huge and only contains 195 mobs.  Miss one and you're fucked.   Oh. And there's a few spots where there's only one mob off in a corner out of an efficient path.

Yeah. I'm not puzzling this one out.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 05:29:07 AM

I read that the set dungeons can be done with a group and the group members don't have to follow any of the restrictions.  Only the person that starts the dungeon gets credit, but should be pretty quick and easy for a group to get together and knock out each other's dungeons.

most often known as Drevik
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 05:37:02 AM

That sounds like something they're going to patch out pretty quickly. Although it screws you on the "kill x mobs with y ability at once" unless other character's kills get flagged for you.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 11:11:10 PM

So, can someone explain the benefit of "Season Rebirth" to me.  Cause from  what I can see, the only thing it does is let you carry an existing non-seasonal  character over into a season, but none of your gear, exp, paragon points, gold, bank, or pretty much ANYTHING useful except your name and your achievements carry over with you.  So what exactly is the point?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 01:26:04 AM

You don't have to type the name in again.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016, 11:05:07 AM

Or if you're maxed out on character slots.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016, 11:20:37 AM

Which I am.

Tossers.

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 12:05:42 PM

Wait... 5:00 Pacific Time?  What a useless timezone.  Bastards.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 15, 2016, 05:02:04 PM

And it's begun Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Feel free to toss an invite to segors#1459 if anyone needs another in their group (especially for leveling)

edit: of course, it still requires D3's servers to allow a character to be created...
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 16, 2016, 04:57:20 AM

So, can someone explain the benefit of "Season Rebirth" to me.  Cause from  what I can see, the only thing it does is let you carry an existing non-seasonal  character over into a season, but none of your gear, exp, paragon points, gold, bank, or pretty much ANYTHING useful except your name and your achievements carry over with you.  So what exactly is the point?

It carries over your Time Played and other lifetime stats (Elite Kills, etc.).  Some people care about such things I guess.

most often known as Drevik
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 17, 2016, 05:53:21 AM

The Wizard Firebird set is utter garbage. Convinced the person who designed it doesn't actually play Diablo 3, because it is so out of line compared to other class sets its slightly laughable (and very depressing).

Not sure how a set that would require you to have stood still and channel a spell for 5 seconds on *80* mobs to get the same damage bonus as Delsires has with an instant cast Time Warp on every mob ever got through the test realm.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 17, 2016, 06:01:47 AM

From reading the PTR forum during 2.4 development it was grossly over-powered and near the end they accidentally or deliberately* hamfisted it into the ground.

*decided it wasn't fun.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 17, 2016, 06:37:25 AM

From reading the PTR forum during 2.4 development it was grossly over-powered and near the end they accidentally or deliberately* hamfisted it into the ground.

*decided it wasn't fun.

Yeah, definitely. However, even if you took every number and multiplied it by 10 I don't see how good it would be - the 6 piece set bonus basically doesn't exist, because when do you spend 5 seconds channelling a spell on a trash mob? One of the main problems with it is the fact that when fighting trash, you may as well not be wearing a set. You get the paltry burn effect, you don't have any defensive abilities from the set, and the 6 piece bonus doesn't kick in.

At the very least, they need to increase the numbers substantially and change the 6 piece bonus so it triggers off dealing fire damage, rather than the infinite burn ability which takes way, way too long to activate to be of any use on anything other than bosses.
WayAbvPar

Reply #28 on: January 17, 2016, 12:05:23 PM

Feel free to join on me whenever.  The more the merrier.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 17, 2016, 12:37:22 PM

I'm a fan of the mini-pet. (I just started equipping him at the start of this season.)

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 17, 2016, 02:11:02 PM

Thorn paladin is hugely overpowered. With this setup http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Setanta-1696/hero/71160077 I'm still missing a ring and shield and I got through grift 40 (T9) one day after playing. I still need a chest piece to cube along with a weapon and Pig Sticker to main hand (I think I crushed 7 or 8 last season). Kadala is making a fortune out of me trying to roll for the shield.

I don't know who came up with the build byt in T6 you can walk into a mob, nake a cup of tea and the mob is dead. For once I actually feel like I'm playing a paladin.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #31 on: January 17, 2016, 05:47:00 PM

Yeah I was wondering wtf the big deal with Thorns spec was because I only had 4/6. Took forever to kill things and wizards were blowing past me, even with 61k thorns on my Cusader. 

Then I got the last 2 pieces.

Shit melts. I went from struggling to kill rift guardians in less than 3 minutes on Torment 2 to running through Greater rifts up through 22 with no sweat. I just did a group Rift at 36 without any struggles as well. I don't have any of the good companion pieces to the set, either. Just the Invoker set and 2 pieces of Blackthorn. It's nuts. 

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Merusk-1698/hero/71098109

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 17, 2016, 10:31:19 PM

It doesn't feel broken to me.  I've only got Boyarsky's at around 25, and I've got a couple wasted crit rolls on my gear, but while survivability is awesome (I hit around 600 million toughness with akharat's up) I feel like the damage output will fall short in the low 60s Greater Rift range.  Hammerdin I know I could push into the low 70s at least, with the right ring/amulet stats. 

We'll see what another 35-40 levels on the thorn gem does.  Maybe it'll be more effective than I think.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #33 on: January 18, 2016, 03:34:22 AM

Like I said above, it's slow right until you get that magic 6/6 bonus. The main reason it was slow was mobs just wouldn't attack me or had such slow attacks that you had to wait forever for them to kill themselves. 

That +600% to a fast attack makes a huge difference.

on another tangent, the requirement to do the set dungeon this season sucks. I'm stuck there now so it'll be a while until I'm able to get the achieve.  That rather sucks.

schild
Administrator

Reply #34 on: January 18, 2016, 09:54:50 AM

Top crusader in the game (softcore) is on the Thorns build, so it must be doing something right even if it's a boring as fuck build: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/willemh-2886/Willemh/71390650

That belt (and chest).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Patch 2.4 and Season 5  
Jump to: