Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:33:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Vaping [2015-Future] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vaping [2015-Future]  (Read 107085 times)
Miguel
Terracotta Army

कुशल

Reply #175 on: May 11, 2017, 12:48:21 PM

Thanks for the suggestion of the McClelland:  the local place doesn't have Dark Star, but had some others from them that were supposed to be similar.  I picked up a tin of McClelland English blend and one of a vanilla Cavendish from a company called Lane.  It smells amazing.

I too have a pipe dedicated to...non tobacco use, but obviously don't want to mix the two. ;)

“We have competent people thinking about this stuff. We’re not just making shit up.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
schild
Administrator

Reply #176 on: May 11, 2017, 01:08:29 PM

McClelland stuff is good, but none of it is Dark Star. It stands above almost everything I ever smoked.

I wish I could replicate the flavor in vaping.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #177 on: May 11, 2017, 02:25:52 PM

My wife gave me a pipe a few years ago and I loved it.  A little too much, actually, and I got rid of it.  Another thirty years and I'll probably pick it up again.

At the time I lived a block away from a great smoke shop so I sampled a hell of a lot of aromatics.  Schild is right about McClelland Dark Star.  Their vanalla black cavendish and Mellow Mack are also good.  Other noteworthy aromatics: anything by Boswell (Christmas Cookie, Hunter's Choice, Cupcake), Lane Limited BCA and my favorite Dan Tobacco Blue Note.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #178 on: July 10, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

So what's the current rig that's reasonable in cost and use for vaping? Looking around, everything seems totally changed from a year ago.
schild
Administrator

Reply #179 on: July 10, 2017, 04:01:11 PM

I'm still using a Kanger subtank on whatever. I ignore the market for the most part.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #180 on: July 10, 2017, 07:06:18 PM

And I'm still using my Aspire Atlantis kit.  I loves it.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #181 on: July 11, 2017, 07:28:37 AM

Using the Aspire Cleito which is the 'just before you go full geek' tank by Aspire, and it works well. It eats through battery & juice rather fast tho, so if that's a concern I'd go with a non sub ohm tank. A middle ground between the Cleito and the Nautilus would be the Atlantis, the tank Signe references.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #182 on: July 11, 2017, 07:50:21 AM

I used the Atlantis non-stop for a year or so. I didn't like the change to the coils in early 2016 though. It was probably imperceptible to most people, but since I only vape like the same 3 flavors (and have been for almost 3 years), I noticed immediately.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #183 on: July 11, 2017, 09:01:25 AM

I don't mess with flavours much anymore, either.  I mostly use a strong tobacco flavour mixed with a bit of Catch Ya Latte from VaporFi.  Anyone else use a tobacco flavour?  I'm always looking for a good one. 

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #184 on: July 12, 2017, 05:10:01 PM

I'm still using Ola X Heroes, need to buy a few more before they go off the market completely. Essentially, the tech plateaued about 3 years ago, and since then it's just been stylistic shifts (and the Ola X Hero was just a very nice design, technically and aesthetically, IMO, although being steel it is quite heavy). I did switch from Innokin iClear30 tanks to the Innokin T22, which is essentially the same thing in glass and stainless steel rather than aluminum and polycarbonate, it can even use the same cores.

Still mixing my own, shifted to Carellas flavorings instead of Lor-Ann, but still fruit flavors with drops of something else to add complexity.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: July 13, 2017, 01:43:52 PM

I bought a Uwell Crown III a month ago or so. It's pretty amazing. The coils seem to last forever, I like it more than my cleitos and aspire.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #186 on: July 16, 2017, 04:48:53 PM

I need to hop onto the vape train.

Goal is to quit smoking this year.  My allergies can't take it  swamp poop

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: July 16, 2017, 05:09:34 PM

I was at the grocery store and noticed packs were $8.20 today. So yes, it's most likely better for you and much more affordable. I'd say the hardest part is finding a juice you can tolerate.

Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: July 16, 2017, 05:19:06 PM

Wait, packs of smokes were $8 EACH?  1) Where do you live and 2) who the hell can afford that?

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #189 on: July 17, 2017, 05:27:49 AM

Wait, packs of smokes were $8 EACH?  1) Where do you live and 2) who the hell can afford that?

Addiction is a bitch. You sacrifice a lot without realizing it to keep the nicotine dragon at bay.

Looks like it might be Arizona and that's not even the highest price; there's 8 states higher.  Illinois is $11.50 per pack and New York is $12.85.
https://fairreporters.net/health/prices-of-cigarettes-by-state/

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #190 on: July 17, 2017, 05:43:57 AM

And I don't feel bad about that. At all.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: July 19, 2017, 08:13:41 PM

Come visit Australia :)

Very happy to say that smoking here feels on the way out. Quite a shock these days to travel anywhere else in the world and see so much of it.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #192 on: May 30, 2018, 08:55:22 AM

Wake up!!!  I had a coupon for a run of the mill pen so I decided to use it and get one for emergencies and keep it in the car.  I thought I'd try a diff juice, something other than tobacco or coffee... suggestions?  Also, anyone find new bits and/or bobs to fiddle around with?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #193 on: June 01, 2018, 12:16:23 PM

I've learned to stop worrying and love the fruit flavors.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #194 on: June 01, 2018, 12:24:54 PM

My wife doesn't vape much, but 6 months later and half the bottle gone, she's still into the Teleos Crunch.

This is not a paid endorsement.
schild
Administrator

Reply #195 on: June 01, 2018, 01:01:40 PM

Lol
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: June 02, 2018, 07:13:12 AM

Can you guys recommend a decent quality, low maintenance system?  My GF vapes, but is having problems with cheaper systems breaking down quite often.  If you have any suggestions on tanks/systems for CBD use, that would be great as well.

Thanks.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #197 on: June 02, 2018, 08:36:14 AM

Don't buy her one that blows up!  I love my Aspire kit, any of them really.  I wish I was richer so I could experiment more.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #198 on: June 05, 2018, 11:04:06 AM

Concur on the endorsement of the Aspire brand.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: June 05, 2018, 02:50:42 PM

Concur on the endorsement of the Aspire brand.

Thanks to both of you.  Any advice on coil wattage or any other specifics?  I know nothing about vaping and my girlfriend has gotten conned by the local shops.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #200 on: June 05, 2018, 03:04:46 PM

I think the thing to look at is resistance in the coils. I favor lower resistance coils since they tend to run a bit cooler. I think if you picked this one up it would work great as a starter kit:

https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits414.html

Larger kits don't improve performance as so much as hold a bit more juice and of course, you can fiddle with the wattage/voltage to get different vapor volume/temperature/air intake, etc, but that's for when your wife's willing to invest in a nicer kit and is 'committed' to the habit.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #201 on: September 06, 2019, 10:08:00 PM

So, apparently stupid kids are getting sick from black market THC vape cartridges. Not clear if it is synthetic cannibinoids, or Vitamin E being used to cut or replace THC oil, but apparently putting random chemicals from street connections and 'pop up stores' into your body is a bad idea. The usual sources of FUD (which now includes the CDC) are not being clear about what is actually happening, so if any of you have kids that are vaping questionable substances, try to impress upon them that their connection may be padding their profit margin with dangerous shit.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
schild
Administrator

Reply #202 on: September 07, 2019, 11:11:32 AM

It's vitamin E based on all the vape lobbyists in private groups. There's been a not small number of people buying and having shit tested to see what the fuck.

Also, vaping weed.

*snore*
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #203 on: September 07, 2019, 03:07:35 PM

My minor does not vape but I do. Not sure how to go into a store and ask "give me the plain old good nicotine". I don't research. It's a problem. Perhaps. I don't buy things on playgrounds.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: September 07, 2019, 04:20:41 PM

My minor does not vape but I do. Not sure how to go into a store and ask "give me the plain old good nicotine". I don't research. It's a problem. Perhaps. I don't buy things on playgrounds.
Actual vape shops and dispensaries are not the problem. If I had to guess, it's entrepreneurs who see that they can buy CBD oil and the cartridges and packaging for real-looking THC vapes, put them together and sell them to high school kids for ridiculous amounts of cash. Probably figuring that if they get caught, they can prove there's nothing illegal in what they were selling.

Except whoops, most CBD oil is 50-90% Vitamin E. Because yet another set of entrepreneurs realized that as long as it tastes and smells vaguely like it should, there's no regulator to tell them how much actual CBD to put in there.

--Dave
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:27:06 PM by MahrinSkel »

--Signature Unclear
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #205 on: September 09, 2019, 11:44:29 AM

According to the CDC it's not just Vitamin E:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2019/p0906-vaping-related-illness.html
The FDA is analyzing these for a broad range of chemicals but no one substance, including Vitamin E acetate, has been identified in all of the samples tested
Some people who have gotten lipoid pneumonia from vaping claimed to have only used nicotine in glycerol. If that's true you may want to avoid VG as a base. Glycerol, while it is not a fat itself, is used as part of fat synthesis in the body. I.e. it may be that the glycerol is getting into the lungs and by some yet unknown mechanism is used to create fats in the lungs leading to lipoid pneumonia.
schild
Administrator

Reply #206 on: September 09, 2019, 12:36:42 PM

I understand them not wanting to say brands but at this point if they don't start naming sources, this is all for nought. The CDC is not a vape company and I'm not sure why, in the name of public health, they haven't identified any of the folks involved in this shit.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #207 on: September 09, 2019, 01:55:35 PM

The amount of media "catching the vapors" over this thing while being as vague as possible about what the people who were sick were vaping is just ridiculous. They are literally just trying to go out and say that "vaping is more dangerous than cigarettes" without giving any context for any of this shit.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #208 on: September 09, 2019, 04:04:45 PM

Meanwhile, Juul is in trouble with the FDA for telling kids that vaping is good for you.

Well-timed as they're currently running a political campaign in San Francisco with the general thrust that vaping saves lives so if you want to regulate it in any way that might make Juul pods harder to buy you're basically a murderer.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: September 09, 2019, 05:20:09 PM

Who could have foreseen that unregulated products could have issues?!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Vaping [2015-Future]  
Jump to: