Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:10:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Heroes Charge. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heroes Charge.  (Read 35089 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #35 on: September 08, 2015, 10:41:01 AM

Ohh, Heroes Charge blatantly rips off DOTA heroes too.  I just drew Psychopath (any good?), which is some sort of strange mashup of Ogre Magi and Alchemist.  The only two characters that I've notices that aren't DOTA ripoff are 2 blatant LOL ripoffs: Nasus and Wukong (at a glance, but the physical design is all LOL).  But hey, the Storm Spirit rip has a guitar and Kiss makup.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 08, 2015, 11:09:13 AM

I knew they were copying something Warcraft; DOTA makes perfect sense.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 08, 2015, 12:06:59 PM

The heroes are literally carbon copies, the other game I mistakenly downloaded even more so (they hadn't even changed half the names); but the looks, the abilities, and so on are lifted wholesale from DOTA.

Admiral = Kunkka
Shadowleaf = Drow Ranger
Emberstar = Lina
Chaplain = Enchantress
Lightning Master = Zeus

And so on  why so serious?

Quick questions:

1) Is there any reason not to promote heroes once I've filled out all their item slots?
2) Do the star ratings for heroes mean anything?
3) Is it better to max out 1-2 heroes or spread ability levels-up and items around?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 08, 2015, 12:24:31 PM

There's no reason not to promote. Higher star ratings mean better stat growth. Focus on a core team of 5; you'll learn where you need backups as you play more.

Rasix

Reply #39 on: September 08, 2015, 01:24:59 PM

I'm still not sure if I want to keep Lightning Master around or Psychopath.  I imagine someone's going away (maybe even Emberstar) once I finish farming Machinist.  

Anyone run Enchantress at all?

edit:

Hah, apparently Shadow Shaman != Shadow Shaman.  It is, however, a direct copy of Dazzle.

And the Wukong clone is actually a Phantom Lancer clone.  Named Wukong.  awesome, for real  Yah, they're all DOTA heroes, even the ones that look like LoL champs.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 01:40:34 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #40 on: September 08, 2015, 04:51:55 PM

The heroes are literally carbon copies, the other game I mistakenly downloaded even more so (they hadn't even changed half the names); but the looks, the abilities, and so on are lifted wholesale from DOTA.

Admiral = Kunkka
Shadowleaf = Drow Ranger
Emberstar = Lina
Chaplain = Enchantress
Lightning Master = Zeus

And so on  why so serious?

Quick questions:

1) Is there any reason not to promote heroes once I've filled out all their item slots?
2) Do the star ratings for heroes mean anything?
3) Is it better to max out 1-2 heroes or spread ability levels-up and items around?

1.  Wait to do orange 2.  It requires chapter 15 which sucks ball sack (level 91 and semi need my damn dwarf)
2.  YES.  Huge difference in terms of power
3.  Focus on a core few to max.  You may boost a couple temporarily, like phoenix, as they are OP temporarily

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 08, 2015, 05:15:37 PM

I'm pretty liberal with my level ups; I raid a lot so I end up with more potions than it takes to keep my core team level capped. Same for farming gear; if I have everyone's current and level-gated-next upgrades I'll just start working on someone new who might be useful as a sub in Crusade.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #42 on: September 08, 2015, 05:40:46 PM

I'm pretty liberal with my level ups; I raid a lot so I end up with more potions than it takes to keep my core team level capped. Same for farming gear; if I have everyone's current and level-gated-next upgrades I'll just start working on someone new who might be useful as a sub in Crusade.

Gear takes a ton more time P4+.  Even with oodles of gems.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 08, 2015, 06:06:19 PM

Fair enough; I'm at B2 on my real team and ready for B3 or P (is there a B3?) once I'm high enough team level.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #44 on: September 08, 2015, 06:39:32 PM

Fair enough; I'm at B2 on my real team and ready for B3 or P (is there a B3?) once I'm high enough team level.

My 3 teams and back up teams are pretty much all p4 with little effort.  O1 gear takes rarer drops and can be a pita.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 11, 2015, 06:37:29 AM

I got Mystic out of a chest, I'm not sure if he feels weak because he's underlevelled, or because he's just not great at this point in the game 30-33.

Unlocked guilds which seems interesting; I'm really in need for a second tank though, Crusade seems to be a matter of how far I can get before pirate chick dies; then I'm done.

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 12, 2015, 05:34:55 PM

Couple tips for hard crusade.

Hire a death knight from your guild.  He is the perfect tank for crusade, healing himself all the time.

Use chaplain.

Retreat a lot, it doesnt cost you anything.

If you have phoenix charge him up at the first fight and save him for the last.  he will win that one for you, and his death counter doesnt reset so hes pretty useless to use through the whole thing.  You can charge any hero and save them of course but phoenix is the best.

Why don't you try our other games?
Rasix

Reply #47 on: September 14, 2015, 12:40:37 PM

Pulled a death mage, so that should help crusade, but I haven't really had a tough time completing it with a merc.  Should be a good PVE hero.

Mainly running with a Dwarf Warrior, Old Curse, Machinist, Commando and (Shadowleaf/whatever/Chaplain) depending on the mode.  I feel underpowered.  I'm definitely not killing it.  But,  I'm only team level 42 at the moment.

I have a some 3 stars, but haven't made any use of them:
Vengeance Spirit
Warrior Monk
Soulhunter
Professional Killer

2 stars laying about:
Ferryman
Pilot
Depths Voice
Savage One

Any of these that I should try to work in? My dwarf warrior and commando should be 2 starred later today.

I tried Soulhunter, but I really don't get this hero.  Maybe my skills are just low, but he doesn't seem to do a lot.

-Rasix
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 14, 2015, 08:20:33 PM

I have a Windmaster that's 3 starred that I like a lot. I don't get the stars though, whats the diff between a one star and a two and how do you "upgrade" them?

- Viin
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 14, 2015, 09:12:21 PM

It increases their per level stat growth.  It's pretty significant.  You evolve them by spending increasingly higher numbers of their kind of shards.  It's the purple bar to the left of the evolve button.  Also screw you guys for even getting me to look at this game.
Rasix

Reply #50 on: September 14, 2015, 11:55:18 PM

Yah, you get a big bucket-o-stats when you evolve. Anything that you can get through crusade, you'll be able to promote pretty easily.  Arena to a lesser degree.

-Rasix
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: September 15, 2015, 10:47:26 AM

Ah ok. I didn't realize it was tied to evolving. That makes sense.

- Viin
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 16, 2015, 04:53:30 AM

You can reset the shop cheaply a couple times if you didnt notice, so can buy the same guy multiple times.  A 3 star commando should be priority imo, then prolly phoenix or dwarf or crossed depending.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #53 on: September 16, 2015, 05:32:39 PM

You can reset the shop cheaply a couple times if you didnt notice, so can buy the same guy multiple times.  A 3 star commando should be priority imo, then prolly phoenix or dwarf or crossed depending.

Yes.  Until 80 commando is OP.  I still use dwarf at 92.  Commando is on my third team with phoenix as special teams.

Some weird shifts in 90's.  Sticking with my main crew as teams are morphing faster then I can prepare for.  Sub 200 in arena keeps me on pace with the pack.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 16, 2015, 07:15:45 PM

I'd like to use Commando in my Arena team but I'm not sure who to replace: War Chief, Old Curse, Phoenix, Wind Master and Succubus is my current lineup. Hit 52 today; Succubus and Old Curse are still B2, the rest (including Commando) are Purple. I have Dwarf caught up too, but I like WC better for Arena.

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: September 17, 2015, 04:55:31 PM

I think a 3 star commando is better than wind master for sure

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #56 on: September 17, 2015, 06:12:55 PM

I'd like to use Commando in my Arena team but I'm not sure who to replace: War Chief, Old Curse, Phoenix, Wind Master and Succubus is my current lineup. Hit 52 today; Succubus and Old Curse are still B2, the rest (including Commando) are Purple. I have Dwarf caught up too, but I like WC better for Arena.

Nuke the Windmaster.  Old Curse is awesome.  WC is decent, you will swap for dwarf or Admiral later, but he is a great second or third tank team lead.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: September 18, 2015, 09:54:05 AM

I really like my 3 star Wind Master right now, but of course my Commando is only 1 star. Not very impressed with the Commando, really. Guess I'll see how she does when she grows up.

Should I wait till she has 3 stars to level her? I can level her at lvl 30-ish until I can get her bumped up.

- Viin
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 18, 2015, 03:01:12 PM

The thing that makes commando great is the buffing she does.  Your other guys are doing a fair bit more damage because of her.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:24:34 AM by grebo »

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #59 on: September 18, 2015, 04:26:17 PM

I really like my 3 star Wind Master right now, but of course my Commando is only 1 star. Not very impressed with the Commando, really. Guess I'll see how she does when she grows up.

Should I wait till she has 3 stars to level her? I can level her at lvl 30-ish until I can get her bumped up.

The buff makes her op until 70ish.

Rasix

Reply #60 on: September 21, 2015, 03:44:26 PM

Fallen Dominion is absolute horseshit.  Any time I encounter that damn hero I get creamed.

In general I've been doing terrible at crusade.  Our guild never has a decent death knight for rent at my level.  By stage 10 I've lost at least one tank and everyone's starting to get low, ults are on cooldown, and I don't have enough burst/readied cc to get through the following stages without dropping heroes left and right. 

Should I try to get dwarf/commando higher than 3 star? Or should I be focusing my crusade coins on something else? What should I definitely try to start getting out of the guild shop/area?

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: September 21, 2015, 04:24:54 PM

You can get your own Death Knight from Arena; should help you clear Crusade plus you can make gold renting him to your guildies.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #62 on: September 21, 2015, 05:48:41 PM

You can get your own Death Knight from Arena; should help you clear Crusade plus you can make gold renting him to your guildies.

This.  Dwarf you will use to 90's worth starring up.  Commando also, but would star her first.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: September 22, 2015, 07:27:28 AM

I drew myself in Crusade, has anyone else had this happen?

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: September 22, 2015, 12:57:56 PM

No, but that's kind of awesome.

Couple more thoughts on hard crusade.

I don't currently have a DK to use, so I'm using a 4 star Lunar Guardian from my guild.  She helps a ton.  Old Curse and Chaplain are also really good for crusade. 
I always throw in cleric as my tank on the first fight, he soaks up punches and dies by round 2 but gets me through to where people are charged without hurting my good tanks.
Always try to hold off using ultimates if you can, especially after you knock their tanks down.  Having a couple things to fire off at the start of the next fight makes it so much easier.
Even if you're winning, if you took a ton of damage, retreat and try again a few times, see if you can make it go better.
I keep admiral, dwarf and lightning elemental geared and leveled up, quite often they are all dead by the end.  The more tanks you have available, the better.
Learn to read the enemy teams, charge your guys up when you get an easy fight and save the energy for the tough ones. 
Charge everyone in the early fights so you'll have some charged guys to swap in on the really tough fights.

Fallen Dominion is BS sure, but I find CloudWalker to be worse.  IronHoof is damn annoying too with his early invincibility thing.
I almost didn't make it through today, Phoenix and Commando were the only ones to survive.

Rasix

Reply #65 on: September 22, 2015, 01:06:59 PM

I'm at 14/15 today.  I don't think I can clear out this last bunch. The FD is just one shotting all of my weakened troops and most of my burst is near dead.

My guild had a lower level DK that I used, but it's poorly geared and under skilled.  Still, it was primary tank until around wave 11. 

I should be able to pull another 10 chests today or tomorrow.  So, I'll see what I get and then go from there.

-Rasix
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: September 27, 2015, 05:02:19 AM

Just got FD out of a chest today, hopefully he's as OP as people seem to say  awesome, for real

Rasix

Reply #67 on: September 28, 2015, 10:59:45 AM

Dealing with Phoenix on every single fucking crusade level is really annoying.  With a VS, you can shut it down if your ult is charged, but good god.

My last 10 chest pull included no new heroes and 3 I already have (of which 2 I don't use). YAY.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Almost 53. Looking forward to getting the rest of my main squad purple.

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: September 28, 2015, 01:18:26 PM

I find that it isn't phoenix that I lose to.  It tends to be the dwarf warrior combined with old curse that causes the phoenix to kill me.  I'm lucky enough to have cloud walker though, so half the time his rear attacking shadow causes the phoenix to laser beam in the wrong direction to actually hurt me.  I've just about got silencer skilled up as well now though, so I should have a pretty full anti-magic physical team in a day or so.  Hoping this causes me to win a few more fights.  I'm still lacking a good tank though Sad Panda
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: September 28, 2015, 02:04:38 PM

Pulled a *** Lightning Elemental from my free Gold chest today, so that was pretty awesome. Hit 60 yesterday and don't have nearly enough people at 60 for Grand Crusade; I have yet to win a match. My main team stomps their first usually, then my B and C teams shit the bed. I tried spreading the good guys around but to no avail.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Heroes Charge.  
Jump to: